NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jukenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jukenia » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 pm

This is my first post here.

Whereby it is decided that pants inevitably lead to chaffing, AND pants have been linked to every genocidal regime in existence...

THEREFORE

Pants should be completely outlawed.

Written incorrectly (no category and strength) and ridiculous. :roll: Linky.
Last edited by Jukenia on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pulaski: Ha! Who you gonna tell now?
Tenpenny: (stopping Pulaski) Eddie, chill out, man.
Pulaski: The prick's still breathing!
Tenpenny: That's good. Hernandez... finish him off. (offers Hernandez a gun)
Hernandez: Come on, please, don't make me do this!
Tenpenny: Say what?
Hernandez: I can't.
Tenpenny: Hey, I thought you understood.
Hernandez: He's a fucking cop you maniac!
Pulaski: Heh, not no more, he ain't.
Tenpenny: We went over this; it's about percentages.
Hernandez: I know!
Tenpenny: So who's side you on, his or mine?
Hernandez: Yours, Frank! Yours!
Tenpenny: Then be a fucking man. You cap him, or I cap you.
(Hernandez takes the gun but is reluctant to shoot)
Pulaski: Come on, do it! Pull the trigger!
(Hernandez shoots Pendelbury)

Felix Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Terra » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Jukenia wrote:This is my first post here.

Whereby it is decided that pants inevitably lead to chaffing, AND pants have been linked to every genocidal regime in existence...

THEREFORE

Pants should be completely outlawed.

Written incorrectly (no category and strength) and ridiculous. :roll: Linky.

Has a thread.
why are you looking at a post from 2012 go home you're drunk

East Apikai is my main nation nowadays

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Felix Terra wrote:Has a thread.

Also, clearly a joke proposal (much to Rowan's dismay...) :-)

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 am

Compulsor Pre-School Education

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Educational

Proposed by: Apispura

Description: Preschool education (or infant education) is the provision of learning to children before the commencement of statutory and obligatory education, usually between the ages of zero and three or five, depending on the jurisdiction. In some places, such as the United States, preschool precedes Kindergarten and the normal primary school system. In others, including much of Europe, preschool and Kindergarten programs are the same early childhood education programs. Preschool programs may be part of or separate from child care services needed by working parents. They may be government-run programs or private ventures. Some countries provide significant subsidies to pay for the costs of the programs.

Preschool education, like all other forms of education, is intended by the society that controls it to transmit important cultural values to the participants. As a result, different cultures make different choices about preschool education. Despite the variations, there are a few common themes. Most significantly, preschool is universally expected to increase the young child's ability to perform basic self-care tasks such as dressing, feeding, and toileting.

The benefits and challenges of a public preschool are closely tied to the amount of funding provided. Funding for a public preschool can come in a variety of sources. According to Levin and Schwartz (2007) funding can range from federal, state, local public allocations, private sources, and parental fees (p. 4). The problem of funding a public preschool occurs not only from limited sources but from the cost per child. The average cost across the 48 states is $6,582 (Levin and Schwartz, 2007). There are four categories that determine the costs of public preschools: personnel ratios, personnel qualifications, facilities and transportation, and health and nutrition services. According to Levin and Schwartz (2007) these structural elements depend heavily on the cost and quality of services provided (p. 14). The main personnel factor related to cost is the qualifications each preschool require for a teacher. Another determinate of cost is the length of a preschool day. The longer the session, the more increase in cost. Therefore, the quality of program accounts presumably for a major component of cost (Levin and Schwartz, 2007).

Just chock full of RL references.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:36 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Compulsor Pre-School Education

Proposed by: Apispura

Description: Preschool education (or infant education) is the provision of learning to children before the commencement of statutory and obligatory education, usually between the ages of zero and three or five, depending on the jurisdiction. In some places, such as the United States, preschool precedes Kindergarten and the normal primary school system. In others, including much of Europe, preschool and Kindergarten programs are the same early childhood education programs. Preschool programs may be part of or separate from child care services needed by working parents. They may be government-run programs or private ventures. Some countries provide significant subsidies to pay for the costs of the programs.

Preschool education, like all other forms of education, is intended by the society that controls it to transmit important cultural values to the participants. As a result, different cultures make different choices about preschool education. Despite the variations, there are a few common themes. Most significantly, preschool is universally expected to increase the young child's ability to perform basic self-care tasks such as dressing, feeding, and toileting.

The benefits and challenges of a public preschool are closely tied to the amount of funding provided. Funding for a public preschool can come in a variety of sources. According to Levin and Schwartz (2007) funding can range from federal, state, local public allocations, private sources, and parental fees (p. 4). The problem of funding a public preschool occurs not only from limited sources but from the cost per child. The average cost across the 48 states is $6,582 (Levin and Schwartz, 2007). There are four categories that determine the costs of public preschools: personnel ratios, personnel qualifications, facilities and transportation, and health and nutrition services. According to Levin and Schwartz (2007) these structural elements depend heavily on the cost and quality of services provided (p. 14). The main personnel factor related to cost is the qualifications each preschool require for a teacher. Another determinate of cost is the length of a preschool day. The longer the session, the more increase in cost. Therefore, the quality of program accounts presumably for a major component of cost (Levin and Schwartz, 2007).

That was my first observation. My second is that those paragraphs actually come from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preschool_education). When I see years and page numbers in brackets, I always immediately run a google check.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:

That was my first observation. My second is that those paragraphs actually come from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preschool_education). When I see years and page numbers in brackets, I always immediately run a google check.

Ah, splendid. RL references with a side of plagiarism. Does it come with desert? :p

Not Ta'veren

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:That was my first observation. My second is that those paragraphs actually come from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preschool_education). When I see years and page numbers in brackets, I always immediately run a google check.

Ah, splendid. RL references with a side of plagiarism. Does it come with desert? :p

Does the fact that it does nothing except the aforementioned count as dessert?

Felix Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Terra » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Damanucus wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Ah, splendid. RL references with a side of plagiarism. Does it come with desert? :p

Does the fact that it does nothing except the aforementioned count as dessert?

And to top it all off, I read it like a blogposal. That's the cherry on top.
why are you looking at a post from 2012 go home you're drunk

East Apikai is my main nation nowadays

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Felix Terra wrote:
Damanucus wrote:Does the fact that it does nothing except the aforementioned count as dessert?

And to top it all off, I read it like a blogposal. That's the cherry on top.

As stated before, it's directly ripped from Wikipedia, so it's more an encyclopedia entry than a blogposal.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:That was my first observation. My second is that those paragraphs actually come from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preschool_education). When I see years and page numbers in brackets, I always immediately run a google check.

Of course it does, would you prefer Sahara or Gobi? :p

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Ah, splendid. RL references with a side of plagiarism. Does it come with desert? :p

Of course it does, would you prefer Sahara or Gobi? :p

yeah, yeah. I forget spellcheck one time .... sheesh ;)

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:05 am

Repeal "Permit Male Circumcision"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#141
Proposed by: Mahaj WA Seat

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #141: Permit Male Circumcision (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The General Assembly,

RECOGNIZING the intent of Resolution 141 Permit Male Circumcision,

NOTING that the resolution in question gives no protections for consent, meaning that circumcision could be forced upon an individual who has made an informed decision but is still under the age of majority in their nation,

BELIEVING that the World Assembly should not be assisting in forcing this procedure on an individual,

POSSESSING an adequate replacement that addresses this concern while keeping the practice of circumcision legal,

CONCLUDING that this resolution ought to be repealed in order to protect individual's reproductive rights and their right to choose,

HEREBY Repeals General Assembly Resolution #141 Permit Male Circumcision.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Repeal "Permit Male Circumcision"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#141
Proposed by: Mahaj WA Seat

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #141: Permit Male Circumcision (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The General Assembly,

RECOGNIZING the intent of Resolution 141 Permit Male Circumcision,

NOTING that the resolution in question gives no protections for consent, meaning that circumcision could be forced upon an individual who has made an informed decision but is still under the age of majority in their nation,

BELIEVING that the World Assembly should not be assisting in forcing this procedure on an individual,

POSSESSING an adequate replacement that addresses this concern while keeping the practice of circumcision legal,

CONCLUDING that this resolution ought to be repealed in order to protect individual's reproductive rights and their right to choose,

HEREBY Repeals General Assembly Resolution #141 Permit Male Circumcision.

Hang on, isn't there a thread for this?

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Damanucus wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:Image

At the time I posted that there were 4 threads in the GA forum about repealing Permit Male Circumcision, none of which were Mahaj's proposal.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Damanucus wrote:

At the time I posted that there were 4 threads in the GA forum about repealing Permit Male Circumcision, none of which were Mahaj's proposal.

Hmmm. Is it a bit of a stupid question to ask if you checked the drafts in each thread?

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Damanucus wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:At the time I posted that there were 4 threads in the GA forum about repealing Permit Male Circumcision, none of which were Mahaj's proposal.

Hmmm. Is it a bit of a stupid question to ask if you checked the drafts in each thread?

Here's the search results, two of them are listed as "abandoned" and none of them (except for the newest one which wasn't there at the time) have Mahaj as the OP so I didn't check the text in all of them because Mahaj's proposal doesn't have a co-author.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:15 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Damanucus wrote:Hmmm. Is it a bit of a stupid question to ask if you checked the drafts in each thread?

Here's the search results, two of them are listed as "abandoned" and none of them (except for the newest one which wasn't there at the time) have Mahaj as the OP so I didn't check the text in all of them because Mahaj's proposal doesn't have a co-author.

I was just asking because, if the text appeared in another's thread, then he could've been pipped for plagiarism. I'm fully aware that this is a major charge to bring against a venerable member of the WA, especially one who has drafted many a resolution for this fine Assembly, but I just thought I'd ask.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Description: This proposal calls for a condemnation of The Protectorate of New Boltor due to their refusal to remove the biker gangs ravaging their lands. Therefore, we must take action. NOW. Please support this proposal.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Seriously? A) Wrong title, B) Poor formatting, and lastly, C) Bloody stupid.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Description: This proposal calls for a condemnation of The Protectorate of New Boltor due to their refusal to remove the biker gangs ravaging their lands. Therefore, we must take action. NOW. Please support this proposal.

That's a Security Council proposal, not a GA one.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Luziyca wrote:

That's a Security Council proposal, not a GA one.

Which we would've known had he remembered to add the title and category. I'll shift it over.
Last edited by Damanucus on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: the_americana_1346457292
Right to Fair and equal trials

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: The Americana

Description: Description: Observing that there is currently no guarantee of justice for those accused of criminal acts.

Noting that convictions are often unsafe due to the absence of any legal requirements for a trial under international law

Remarking that miscarriages of justice are common.

Believing that it should be everyone’s right to be protected from malicious and unfair prosecution by law.

Further believing that the more rigorous examination of evidence seen in a fair trial will lead to fewer innocent people being unfairly punished.

Hereby mandates that all WA member nations guarantee a fair trial to anyone facing prosecution in their territory, in accordance with the following requirements:

Article 1 § That the accused be seen as innocent until proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, thus placing the onus of proof on the prosecuting authority.

Article 2 § That the defendant be given the right to present his case or to be represented by a person of his choosing.

Article 3 § That the evidence shall be considered by an impartial jury of no less than 5 people and presided over by a judge with knowledge of the laws being applied and the requirements for a trial.

Article 4 § That all persons shall have the right to remain silent when questioned, and exercising this right shall not be used as evidence against them in court.

Article 5 § That information and testimony may not be extracted under duress or using any form of physical or psychological torture.

Article 6 § That the defendant shall have the right to question any witness who provides evidence.

Article 7 § That the defendant be entitled to appeal against both the sentence and verdict that has been passed.

Article 8 § That any punitive sentence passed by a court be proportional to the crime committed.

Article 9 § That the proceedings of the trial conclude within a reasonable time period.

Article10 : Bring this back to all nations and let nations have mulligans to try to reapply to The WA.

Approvals: 3 (Kaspinia, Alcatrazin, Schlomoga)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 1 hour

Illegal, duplicates The Right to a Free Trial, and Article 10 appears to be a metagaming violation by requiring all nations to "have mulligans to try to reapply to The WA".
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:41 pm

OBSERVING the habit of many nations to outsource their office of World Assembly review to under qualified or incompetent individuals who might in many cases fail the minimum requirements to meet the standard of the Read the Resolution Act;

REGRETTING that in most cases the result of having these extra procedures in place do not change the fact that many nations support or oppose resolutions based on title alone and;

OBSERVING that any recommendation from these offices is often ignored in total even when submitted from a credible authority due to the nature of the internal politics of the various World Assembly nations and finally;

NOTING the cost of maintaining these offices is an undue financial burden on nations;

The World Assembly here by Repeals General Assembly Resolution #122: Read the Resolution Act.

Paying one, literate person to read resolutions on behalf of your delegation is an "undue financial burden?" What does that make the rest of the delegation that doesn't read the resolution?
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Sciongrad wrote:
OBSERVING the habit of many nations to outsource their office of World Assembly review to under qualified or incompetent individuals who might in many cases fail the minimum requirements to meet the standard of the Read the Resolution Act;

REGRETTING that in most cases the result of having these extra procedures in place do not change the fact that many nations support or oppose resolutions based on title alone and;

OBSERVING that any recommendation from these offices is often ignored in total even when submitted from a credible authority due to the nature of the internal politics of the various World Assembly nations and finally;

NOTING the cost of maintaining these offices is an undue financial burden on nations;

The World Assembly here by Repeals General Assembly Resolution #122: Read the Resolution Act.

Paying one, literate person to read resolutions on behalf of your delegation is an "undue financial burden?" What does that make the rest of the delegation that doesn't read the resolution?

Politicians. *nods*
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:50 am

Also, game mechanics failure - compliance is assumed, whereas this assumes non-compliance.

And: "here by"? Spelling and capitalization!
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:35 pm

The New World Education Policy

Proposed by: The New Parliament

Description: THE PURPOSE OF THIS BILL is to allow nations to reorganize their education policies under the most effective and necessary plan to fund public schools.

THE MISSION OF THIS BILL is to quicken the process of the receiving funding to public schools of all moneys from local constituents of those schools, as well as the government.

BELIEVES that the current system is slow and fails to provide adequate funding to schools defined as "urban*".

*the current definition is a school with students who due to financial complications, receive a free lunch plan during the school day. A school could be considered urban, and therefore receive more funding if a larger percentage of students are tagged with the word urban.

RECOGNIZES THE PROBLEM as the insufficient policy of sovereign states inside of Nations and aims to "cut out the middleman."

THE SOLUTION will be to create a more powerful Minister of Education within each Nation that will head a National Department of Education. This Department will then reorganize the interior of the Nation in accordance to where current urban schools are located. Over each area will be administrators who will distribute tax dollars specifically to the urban schools but also ensure the funding of schools where a cycle of poverty may not be fully, or at all, present.

THE CHECK AND BALANCE will be that the Department of Education will not be able to regulate the economy and change the current tax rate which their new constituents pay. The power of taxation and economic regulation will always remain in the current system of government's power. Each movement of money will be recorded so as to keep a balanced budget and then reported to the staff of the Minister of Education and approved by the Minister and his appointed advisors and said staff.

UNDERSTANDS that this is a socialist policy and may not be in agreement by everyone who believes their sovereign states should be in charge of the education system.

REAFFIRMS that the Department of Education will not have a presence in the economy and will not destroy any current power of a dictator, democracy, or any other government because of e CHECK AND BALANCE clause.
Can anyone actually make any sense of out what this proposal does?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives