NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Prevention of Identity Theft

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neibeskiya
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Neibeskiya » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:27 am

OFFICIAL:Well,i dont think that such a proposal down to daily activities of our citizens is a way to counter Identity Theft.If such large amounts of Data are stored collectively then thats really not a good thing as hacking,corruption,intrusion into the compound etc could happen.
UNOFFICIAL:Well being a Autocratic regime i dont like the proposal at all,even if the real flaws are fixed,Member States should be given the ability to moderate and control the Internet for the countries own benefit.Creating a mandatory International Organization isn't a good Idea according to me.

But it still look's like its goona pass,so i think i should start creating OTHER ways to spy on my citizens and other nations.
Last edited by Neibeskiya on Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Founder & Current Gen-Sec of the ATO, Observer & DGS of the CSL, Observer of the KTO
& Lord Master of the Indian Ocean
Just Your Normal Nation trying to maintain its empire, and Yes I am an Autocracy, and an Democracy...
---The Most Serene Republic of Neibeskiya---
---Dé Möst ßerene Republik öf Neibhrā---
"Jai Neibhrāymäti"
See My News Thread (I need More Journalists): Truth of Neibeskiya

Andi Capolaes
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Andi Capolaes » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:22 am

Otaku Stratus wrote:Better would be to simply make banks liable for all identity theft. then they'll find a way to solve it if they want to still have clients

Hear, hear!
The idea of a centralized identity database is asking for trouble.

Also, "boosting police and military budgets" is wasteful and ineffective without addressing education and awareness among the population first. If our citizens are well-informed about ways of keeping their data secure, there'll be no need for a large administrative apparatus as this resolution implies. "Prevention is better than cure".
Last edited by Andi Capolaes on Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:10 am

Andi Capolaes wrote:
Otaku Stratus wrote:Better would be to simply make banks liable for all identity theft. then they'll find a way to solve it if they want to still have clients

Hear, hear!
The idea of a centralized identity database is asking for trouble.

Also, "boosting police and military budgets" is wasteful and ineffective without addressing education and awareness among the population first. If our citizens are well-informed about ways of keeping their data secure, there'll be no need for a large administrative apparatus as this resolution implies. "Prevention is better than cure".

(OOC: The text about boosting budgets is added automatically by the game. It is not a substantive part of the proposal.)
Last edited by Kenmoria on Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Andi Capolaes
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Andi Capolaes » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:58 am

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: The text about boosting budgets is added automatically by the game. It is not a substantive part of the proposal.)

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

IstoWalker
Secretary

Founded: Apr 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Boosting Budgets and Funding

Postby IstoWalker » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:02 pm

I agree with the idea of boosting the budgets for law enforcement and military funds. Law enforcement is critical due to their job of enforcing laws. Where would a country be without laws. Increasing the budget to these topics would increase pay, equipment, and training. With the increase of pay a government can receive more recruits and thrive. Unfortunately, with so much funding focused on these topics other topics would start to have issues. A raise in taxes may be necessary. Also, property tax could potentially increase because of the need for military installations. Unfortunately, I do not agree with this because there are so many loopholes and flaws in this. Let me know what you think.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:14 pm

IstoWalker wrote:I agree with the idea of boosting the budgets for law enforcement and military funds. Law enforcement is critical due to their job of enforcing laws. Where would a country be without laws. Increasing the budget to these topics would increase pay, equipment, and training. With the increase of pay a government can receive more recruits and thrive. Unfortunately, with so much funding focused on these topics other topics would start to have issues. A raise in taxes may be necessary. Also, property tax could potentially increase because of the need for military installations. Unfortunately, I do not agree with this because there are so many loopholes and flaws in this. Let me know what you think.

(OOC: The text about boosting budgets is added automatically by the game. It is not a substantive part of the proposal. I therefore suggest that you particularise your feedback to the actual text of the resolution-at-vote, in terms of how it relates to identity theft and the prevention thereof.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:55 am

Prevention of Identity Theft was passed 10,863 votes to 4,053.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

IstoWalker
Secretary

Founded: Apr 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Agreed

Postby IstoWalker » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:35 am

I agree with all points. Especially point 5. If we can outlaw this then many pre existing issues will be fixed. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the World Assembly!

Contrarian Extraordinaire
Secretary

Founded: Oct 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Contrarian Extraordinaire » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:22 pm

"The Strange Reality is unable to comply with this resolution. The resolution states that '[l]aw enforcement organizations in member states and member state governments are given full access to all of WAID's identity data within their nation'. However, the Strange Reality is surrounded by a permanent force field which prevents information from the WAID from reaching our nation in any form. This means that we are unable to have 'full access to all of WAID's identity data'. This further makes us unable to comply as the resolution states that 'any individual that believes themselves to be a victim of identity theft and other agencies may submit their information to the database'; identity theft is a relatively common occurence in our nation, and it is impossible for those within the force field to send information to the WAID."

"Your resolution has been officially wanked."
Last edited by Contrarian Extraordinaire on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives