NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEAT] The Rights, Wrongs, Duties, and Powers of WA States

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Middle Martian States
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Middle Martian States » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:08 pm

imma be frank with yall this thing kinda bs, how can we fight the antichrist with Clause 5? all the antihrist has to do to be protected is to join the WA.
also trying to spread membership like a door to door salesman as described in clause 8 aint it.
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST!
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST!
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST!
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST!

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:26 am

Rovere wrote:"The Republic of Rovere is against this resolution, as it unnecessarily states already established conventions (such as voluntary membership in the World Assembly) and seems to be more focued on centralising the power of the WA as opposed to forming international law (as is the General Assembly's purpose). Also, the resolution refers to the WA as a "suzerain" (a fuedal lord to whom vassals pledge alliegence), which reinforces Rovere's belief that this resolution seeks mainly to aggrandise the WA, which we view as unnecessary and counter to its purpose as a co-operative body."
- Ambassador of the Republic of Rovere

OOC: I am largely in agreement with this, while its common for some players to remind others who are unhappy with particular legislation that membership is voluntary, the WA should likewise remember that membership in it is voluntary and that therefore it ought not to treat its members so cavalierly.

Additionally the fact that WA members can interpret and implement legislation in the way that they see fit, which may not be the way the GA intended it to be interpreted/implemented is long-established. Any legislation that hamfistedly attempts to hinder this across the board (such as this resolution's Declaration 6 'good faith' language) ought to be a non-starter for anyone voting.

I do hope that one day the WA will pass Declaration 8. It amuses me.
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Rovere
Secretary

Founded: Jan 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rovere » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:22 pm

OOC: I am largely in agreement with this, while its common for some players to remind others who are unhappy with particular legislation that membership is voluntary, the WA should likewise remember that membership in it is voluntary and that therefore it ought not to treat its members so cavalierly.

Additionally the fact that WA members can interpret and implement legislation in the way that they see fit, which may not be the way the GA intended it to be interpreted/implemented is long-established. Any legislation that hamfistedly attempts to hinder this across the board (such as this resolution's Declaration 6 'good faith' language) ought to be a non-starter for anyone voting.

I do hope that one day the WA will pass Declaration 8. It amuses me.

OOC: I'm glad I was able to accurately reflect how others were feeling about this resolution. And yeah, declaration 8 essentially turns member-nations into door-to-door salesmen for the WA.
A Class 1.6 Civilization, according to this index.
A Power Comparator 18 civilization, according to this index.
Two years of this nation (on and off), five years of NationsStates with various now-abandoned nations.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:08 am

"The Rights, Wrongs, Duties, And Powers Of WA States" was defeated 11,228 votes to 3,408. (23.29% support)

This is the least popular resolution since Biomedical Donation Omnibus Act (by Magecastle Embassy Building A5) got 18.27% in favour at the start of September 2022.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Straona
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Straona » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:36 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
"The Rights, Wrongs, Duties, And Powers Of WA States" was defeated 11,228 votes to 3,408. (23.29% support)

This is the least popular resolution since Biomedical Donation Omnibus Act (by Magecastle Embassy Building A5) got 18.27% in favour at the start of September 2022.

I mean with how the forum discussion was there wasn't much doubt that it wouldn't pass in quorum.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:39 pm

It really is a shame humor can die is this big of a blaze......
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Previous

Return to WA Archives