NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Protecting Press Freedoms

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

ALbaniaska
Civilian

Founded: Jan 06, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby ALbaniaska » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:31 pm

we dont need this because freedoms is bad jajajja praise holy dictator god of the land

Luorawetlania
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 13, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luorawetlania » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:26 pm

This basically makes it impossible to punish misinformation, and the phrase "purposes permitted by extant World Assembly legislation" is extremely vague. This resolution should be fleshed out more, and I will not be voting for it.

Workers and Students
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Workers and Students » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:21 am

About items 3.a and 3.b, there is a determination for the journalist to produce content promoting vaccination, then the journalist shows item 3.b and in addition the state has an official ideology, that is communism, and only accepts umbrella ideologies, any other is already prohibited.

item 3.a A journalist makes a racist report, which is a crime, the clause prohibits him from being punished.

4.b If there is content saying that vaccines are bad, promoting dangerous methods, being racist, it does not open space for them to have their access contained.

In addition, it opens up space for waves of fake news that can become a problem for national security.
Last edited by Workers and Students on Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Umnesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 07, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Umnesia » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:51 pm

Promoting freedom could be abused in a ambient bias/agenda way ... as defined via Carlos Castenada's "second attention" ... David Foster Wallace & his 'This is water' essay describes a process of explaining water to fish ... crypto-mu population dynamic will erase that which is a lie being used as inter-evolutionary trigger point? There is an agenda here ... let the people speak ...

Varezia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Varezia » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:23 pm

Committed to the idea that citizens of member states should have free access to the media, hereby:

1.- Declares that member states may not prevent the reporting of information whose reporting is necessary for the wellbeing of society as a whole or which may be of interest to the public.
This is not properly defined and thus easily exploitable by the government under the guise of "not being good for the public" or saying it was misleading.
Last edited by Varezia on Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:15 am

Varezia wrote:Committed to the idea that citizens of member states should have free access to the media, hereby:

1.- Declares that member states may not prevent the reporting of information whose reporting is necessary for the wellbeing of society as a whole or which may be of interest to the public.
This is not properly defined and thus easily exploitable by the government under the guise of "not being good for the public" or saying it was misleading.

(OOC: Note the “or” there. If it is either beneficial to the public, or it is of interest to the public, then it cannot be prevented, of course subject to the later exceptions. Although benefit is quite a weak restriction, mere public interest is quite a strong one. The public tends to be interested in an awful lot of things.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:01 am

Protecting Press Freedoms was passed 12,725 votes to 2,888.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives