NATION

PASSWORD

[RULE CHANGE] Ideological Ban

A repository for discussions of the General Assembly Secretariat.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:11 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:I tried to come up with revised wording for the rule that would clarify its limits, but other GenSec members dismissed these attempts as too complicated.

I think it would be acceptable to release proposed revisions, if you feel doing so would clarify or otherwise help in discussion of alternatives to the majority's proposed recision.

Okay, 'll go through the versions that I suggested before at some point in the next 2-3 days and put together as coherent a "final" one as I can to post here.

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices wrote:I'm not sure how that figures, there's no basis in the rules for "too strong for Strong".

Concurred. Similarly, there does not exist a "too mild for Mild".

There's the general rule that proposals' designated strengths must be appropriate to their actual contents; there's precedent of Mods telling wannabee authors in the past that even 'Mild' has a lower threshold (in one case giving the rather memorable example that "a proposal only affecting left-handed redheads named Colin" would be ruled aa illegal on that basis); and there's the 'Operative Clause' rule that effectively weeds out some of the "too mild" efforts.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:14 pm

I thought the whole point of having the pink power rangers was that "mod precedent" no longer applied?
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:21 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Concurred. Similarly, there does not exist a "too mild for Mild".

There's the general rule that proposals' designated strengths must be appropriate to their actual contents; there's precedent of Mods telling wannabee authors in the past that even 'Mild' has a lower threshold (in one case giving the rather memorable example that "a proposal only affecting left-handed redheads named Colin" would be ruled aa illegal on that basis); and there's the 'Operative Clause' rule that effectively weeds out some of the "too mild" efforts.

As always, appeals to authorities require citation of those authorities. Also importantly, I agree with Gruen above: moderator precedent can and must be relied upon only to the extent that it can self-justify; it receives no deference beyond that given to any other normal stakeholder. Moreover, the jurisprudence on Category and Strength are necessarily interrelated. The more recent precedent on how categories are now to be chosen on a deferential basis applying a plausibility standard takes priority.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Princess Rainbow Sparkles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Rainbow Sparkles » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:25 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:There's the general rule that proposals' designated strengths must be appropriate to their actual contents; there's precedent of Mods telling wannabee authors in the past that even 'Mild' has a lower threshold (in one case giving the rather memorable example that "a proposal only affecting left-handed redheads named Colin" would be ruled aa illegal on that basis); and there's the 'Operative Clause' rule that effectively weeds out some of the "too mild" efforts.

As always, appeals to authorities require citation of those authorities. Also importantly, I agree with Gruen above: moderator precedent can and must be relied upon only to the extent that it can self-justify; it receives no deference beyond that given to any other normal stakeholder. Moreover, the jurisprudence on Category and Strength are necessarily interrelated. The more recent precedent on how categories are now to be chosen on a deferential basis applying a plausibility standard takes priority.

Assuming there are unresolved questions about the scope of the “Category/Strength” rule you can reach those questions in due course. Without the Ideological Ban rule.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:56 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:As always, appeals to authorities require citation of those authorities.

Are you saying that precedents set on the Jolt forum should just be forgotten, now that that site is no longer available? Because their continued relevance definitely was the policy back when GenSec was created, and demonstrated knowledge of the existing precedents was one of the factors listed as desirable when nominations for the initial members were being sought... and I don't recall any vote by GenSec as a whole to change that policy.

Quintessence of Dust wrote:I thought the whole point of having the pink power rangers was that "mod precedent" no longer applied?

No, it was so that the mods didn't have to use their time checking the submitted proposals. The stated policy when GenSec was established was that we would still consider Modly precedents, but would decide on whether or not to continue applying those as & when the question arose for them.
In fact, I've found an old post to cite that discusses this:
Gruenberg wrote:That process looks reasonably straightforward.

If I can make two suggestions:
1. Once you start making rulings, make an archive of them. Like the mods' "rulings repository", except, actually up to date and used. The rulings repository also suffered because there were so many rulings not in it, whereas if you guys start from day 1, it'll be much easier to keep it up to date.
2. Ignore the moderator ruling banning precedents from the Jolt era. Given you're considering all previous precedents to be less-than-binding ("persuasive" was the phrase previously used), it doesn't matter if they're mixed in, and given you're putting responsibility on players to find evidence of previous precedents, those able to link to the Jolt archives can do so.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:As always, appeals to authorities require citation of those authorities.

Are you saying that precedents set on the Jolt forum should just be forgotten, now that that site is no longer available? Because their continued relevance definitely was the policy back when GenSec was created, and demonstrated knowledge of the existing precedents was one of the factors listed as desirable when nominations for the initial members were being sought... and I don't recall any vote by GenSec as a whole to change that policy.

No, I'm saying that if you are going to say "this is what the moderators said", you should provide evidence that moderators said it. Otherwise, it falls into the lurid problem that Gruen described:

I heard Max had changed his mind about that and had got "I want to abolish the ideological ban rule" tattooed on a sensitive part of his anatomy.

I can't provide any proof for this, of course, or rather, I can provide exactly the same amount of my evidence for my claim as you can for yours.

Of course, that also ignores the fact that we do have the Jolt forum archives, a page of which I already cited in this very thread when making a claim about a lack of discussion at the rule's inception.

Bears Armed wrote:
Quintessence of Dust wrote:I thought the whole point of having the pink power rangers was that "mod precedent" no longer applied?

No, it was so that the mods didn't have to use their time checking the submitted proposals. The stated policy when GenSec was established was that we would still consider Modly precedents, but would decide on whether or not to continue applying those as & when the question arose for them.

1. Once you start making rulings, make an archive of them. Like the mods' "rulings repository", except, actually up to date and used. The rulings repository also suffered because there were so many rulings not in it, whereas if you guys start from day 1, it'll be much easier to keep it up to date.
2. Ignore the moderator ruling banning precedents from the Jolt era. Given you're considering all previous precedents to be less-than-binding ("persuasive" was the phrase previously used), it doesn't matter if they're mixed in, and given you're putting responsibility on players to find evidence of previous precedents, those able to link to the Jolt archives can do so.

"Persuasive" means a position in between "binding" (but not actually) GA Secretariat opinions and everything else. This is what Gruen alluded to in "less-than-binding". What that means is that there is some deference. Inasmuch as Secretariat operates in basically a whole step below that of some kind of intermediate appellate "court", precedents we call "binding" are in fact nothing of the sort and are themselves defeasible after applying a balancing test between inaction and upsetting existing expectations. The limits of "binding" deference must imply that "persuasive" deference is easily defeasible.

Regardless, my own position is that a moderator decision must be read not for its result, but on the basis of how persuasive it actually is. In the case of Kryo's GA 2-related ideological ban ruling and bare conclusory assertions, that means "not persuasive at all". Unsupported assertions that moderators ruled one way or the other are not sufficient to establish "persuasive" deference, the existence of the decision, or even the existence of the circumstances surrounding the matter. For a precedent to be applied, we must have three elements: the decision, the reasoning, and the facts. A precedent without any one is a nonsense.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Chicoutimi and Montreal
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chicoutimi and Montreal » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:47 pm

Fachumonn wrote:IMO the biggest problem with this entire topic is how we define ideology.

How I view it, an ideology is an idea (duh), the belief in a way of life that should be enforced, by violence or peace, to a political entity via political means to the common folk. It impacts directly the life of the citizens, directly or indirectly, albeit by economic beliefs (like seizing the means of production to give them back to the workers, which theoretically (and I say theoretically) means that the workers are the owners, and thuss that there being no one gaining moneys on their back and the classes being kinda annihilated to one, that the workers have the power, while capitalism is the exact opposite economic belief.

In another way, ecology is also an ideology, which unlike communism or capitalism, is more of a cultural and societal belief (ecology being kinda the same to capitalism or neutral on an economic spectrum).

Well, all this nonsense to say that as the name involves, an ideology could be defined as a belief in a way of life for the betterment of mankind, as I doubt any political party (example a Conservative vs a social-democrat one) would say their idea is bat for the common folks as for the future of mankind, so it relies to a certain degree on religion and the form of government.

(Imagine a triangle. A recent dictator that took power install a totalitarian dictatorship and is now free to follow its political agenda (for this example will be communism) which lead to atheism for the religion, as it is denied by the ideology.

Now take a fascist uprising which overthrow the democratic government to put a provisionally government which may or may not become a dictatorship. Following their agenda, secularism will be impacted, directly or indirectly, which impact the religion. It could be the same from a religious group but 2 examples are enough I think.

So to conclude this probably vague and confused 1:30 am text, an ideology could be fldefined as a belief (societal belief) in a way society should be ran to ensure prosperity and continuity of said society (which according to said belief is better than any other belief for the future and the current situation of the random citizen) for, I repeat myself, the betterment of mankind, and as a result, is closely connected to religion/religious beliefs and the form of government/political beliefs so yes, I think the Ideological Ban rule should be changed in a way as WA legislations enforcing free elections may directly or indirectly forbid some ideologies, which sucks from an IC POV, as playing as a totalitarian dictatorship and being enforced free elections may ruin said played nation's rp and scrap its ideology.

I ain't no politician nor sociologist so I might be saying a lot of dumb things, my apologies.

Anne of Cleves in TNP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anne of Cleves in TNP » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:39 am

The Human Confederation wrote:The WA is invasive enough. There's been a worrying trend towards everything in the world being used as a political tool recently, & I want to fight that even in small examples like this.

I disagree, since the WA has to intervene ICly to establish important international laws and opinions on nations/regions that are crucial to keeping the multiverse sane or crucial for recognizing nations/regions with good or bad reputations. For example, if the GA did not intervene in the civil rights category, who will? If national law is made on civil rights, people will still violate that law regardless, yet are less likely to violate international law on civil rights (maybe). And OOCly, the WA staff has to maintain the OOC laws for proposals, otherwise there would be thousands of low-quality and possibly offensive resolutions and the WA would be an anarchic mess.

TLDR: The WA can be considered invasive, but if so, it’s for good reasons ICly and OOCly
IC Name: The Clevesian Empire
Capital: New Cleves
Leader: Empress Anne of Cleves III
Failed WA Proposals: “Repeal: Comfortable Pillows for All Protocol”
IC WA Minister: Lady Charlotte Schafer
“This is the part where you run from your proposal.”

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:50 am

The Orwell Society wrote:
Comfed wrote:I think the WA has outlawed many forms of oppression, there's a whole category for it :P

And there are little to no truly fascist WA nations because of it. I see no purpose for the lifting of this ban when unwanted ideologies are already being indirectly phased out by passed resolutions.

The rules do not serve political goals. The rules serve to facilitate playing the game. Whether fascism is or is not good is absolutely irrelevant to the rules.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

BEEstreetz
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby BEEstreetz » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:57 am

Conditional support.
Just use an ''Annex I'' for Nazism and allow any other.
Useful links: Most Important Dispatch of Mine | Website rules | NS Guide | List of NSCodes | GA Rules | Personal help | Reppy's sig workshop | Script Rules | NS API Doc
-
OOC Info: | F;She/Her/They. | Orientation: ACE Umbrella.| Profession: (Current) Operational Crisis Management ;Social worker;Bureaucrat| Religion: Pan-Abrahamic | Education: PolSci -> IR -> IntSec. | Ideology: (A) InfValue Results For more Info.

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:57 am

Bears Armed wrote:

But you haven't done that. You haven't supplied links/screenshots to old rulings/discussions. You've just mentioned the idea that you heard the mods discussing something once with zero proof or demonstration of why that precedent should continue.

I was once standing next to Fris at the urinals and I heard him mention he didn't find that a very persuasive way of arguing.
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:43 am

The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices wrote:I honestly don't know whether I'd support this or not. The rule is a massive fucking pain in the ass and in that sense I'd be glad to be rid of it. Even so, I'm not sure whether it's actually a lesser evil compared to the massive potential pains in the ass that a lack of the rule allows for.

We can always bring it back as needed.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:55 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices wrote:I honestly don't know whether I'd support this or not. The rule is a massive fucking pain in the ass and in that sense I'd be glad to be rid of it. Even so, I'm not sure whether it's actually a lesser evil compared to the massive potential pains in the ass that a lack of the rule allows for.

We can always bring it back as needed.

I think we'd be better off planning for a long-term decision rather than vacillating on the existence of the rule on an "as needed" basis.
While she had no regrets about throwing the lever to douse her husband's mistress in molten gold, Blanche did feel a pang of conscience for the innocent bystanders whose proximity had caused them to suffer gilt by association.

King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy, Protector of the Realm

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:20 am

Wallenburg wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:We can always bring it back as needed.

I think we'd be better off planning for a long-term decision rather than vacillating on the existence of the rule on an "as needed" basis.

Sure, but if the doomsayers are right and this rule opens a pandora's box of terrible proposals that hurt the game play experience, it's not like we can't reverse course. It's unlikely to happen, but given the concerns raised, a worthwhile reminder.

Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:29 am

Good thing I left a year ago lol WA majors enforcing their values on everyone instance #53537483
||||||||||||||||||||
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic semi feudal monarchy with elements of aristocracy. Society absurdly hierarchical, cosplaying Edwardian Britain. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Pronouns up to your choice I can be a girl if I want to so refer to me as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:04 am

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Good thing I left a year ago lol WA majors enforcing their values on everyone instance #53537483

This is an apolitical rule change requested by the community. With respect, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Yusufzai Swat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Yusufzai Swat » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:05 am

Could this mean it could be illegal for a state to have an official religion even if they allow and promote freedom for other religions?
News:
Currently an extremely westernised state due to the legacy of Thamesholmian rule.
Less than 200,000 people live here.

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:01 am

Yusufzai Swat wrote:Could this mean it could be illegal for a state to have an official religion even if they allow and promote freedom for other religions?

If a resolution passed saying so, yes.

And before anyone starts bringing up Rights and Duties, a reminder that the provisions of that resolution give national rights free from the interference of any other NationState. The WA isn't a NationState.

The Civitas Islands
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Civitas Islands » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:08 am

My only concern is the power this gives the General Assembly over ideologies which are favored by many players, but which are not popular by the WA majority.
[i]Senator William Hammond, HCIL
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

Anne of Cleves in TNP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anne of Cleves in TNP » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:09 am

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Good thing I left a year ago lol WA majors enforcing their values on everyone instance #53537483

I’ll just quote my response to someone who made a similar remark:
Anne of Cleves in TNP wrote:
The Human Confederation wrote:The WA is invasive enough. There's been a worrying trend towards everything in the world being used as a political tool recently, & I want to fight that even in small examples like this.

I disagree, since the WA has to intervene ICly to establish important international laws and opinions on nations/regions that are crucial to keeping the multiverse sane or crucial for recognizing nations/regions with good or bad reputations. For example, if the GA did not intervene in the civil rights category, who will? If national law is made on civil rights, people will still violate that law regardless, yet are less likely to violate international law on civil rights (maybe). And OOCly, the WA staff has to maintain the OOC laws for proposals, otherwise there would be thousands of low-quality and possibly offensive resolutions and the WA would be an anarchic mess.

TLDR: The WA can be considered invasive, but if so, it’s for good reasons ICly and OOCly
IC Name: The Clevesian Empire
Capital: New Cleves
Leader: Empress Anne of Cleves III
Failed WA Proposals: “Repeal: Comfortable Pillows for All Protocol”
IC WA Minister: Lady Charlotte Schafer
“This is the part where you run from your proposal.”

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:15 am

The Civitas Islands wrote:My only concern is the power this gives the General Assembly over ideologies which are favored by many players, but which are not popular by the WA majority.

The WA has always had that power, though. And it's not a particularly strong power given nations can leave the WA at their will with zero consequences.

The Civitas Islands
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Civitas Islands » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:17 am

Quintessence of Dust wrote:
The Civitas Islands wrote:My only concern is the power this gives the General Assembly over ideologies which are favored by many players, but which are not popular by the WA majority.

The WA has always had that power, though. And it's not a particularly strong power given nations can leave the WA at their will with zero consequences.

I would not say zero consequences. Membership in the World Assembly is a huge part of nationstates. If used wrongly, this power could alienate many players roleplaying as unpopular ideologies.
[i]Senator William Hammond, HCIL
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:21 am

Let's say you're roleplaying as a fascist. You already have to grant freedom of speech and assembly, have to refrain from torture and arbitrary arrest, can't abuse psychiatric laws to jail dissidents or restrict the flow of information, have to allow public protest and permit emigration... how does this rule change really make any substantive change?

Besides, the WA has already passed laws that have alienated those holding unpopular or minority opinions, many times (no more obviously than in the interminable debates over abortion).

This rule change merely formalizes what is already basically the case anyway and removes a useless distinction between what the WA's powers are on paper and in reality.

Attempted Socialism
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Attempted Socialism » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:07 am

Currently the ideological ban-rule is so watered down, it can basically only protect against resolutions outlawing an ideology by name, I don't agree with the watering-down, but I acknowledge that it is current application of the rule. Given the choice between a rule that, effectively, does nothing except lead to confusion, and simply removing the rule, I know which is better. At the same time I am not exactly thrilled that GenSec rulings have watered down the rule to the point where it already does nothing -- though I grant the argument that it's hard for GenSec to fairly rule which parts of an ideology are protected, and which ideologies are real compared to joke ideologies. The process with gradual watering down has not been pretty, though. I don't mean to imply that any GenSec member has laid it out as a plan, but it does look like some members have been against the rule for a long time, and has continuously argued for a more and more selective reading of "ideology", "outlaw", etc., which has slowly won, to the point where they can now legitimately claim that the rule cannot be applied to any resolution except one that bans specific ideologies by name, See, e.g., the legality challenge over PRT, as linked in the OP. Since at least 2017 the rulings have come back that the ideology ban only protects the name of an ideology, and this has been the status quo for so long that proponents of this reading can now argue (With some right, even!) that they're simply updating the language to fit long-term jurisprudence.

Represented in the World Assembly by Ambassador Robert Mortimer Pride, called The Regicide
Assume OOC unless otherwise indicated. My WA Authorship.
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?
Bobberino: "The academic tone shines through."
Who am I in real life, my opinions and notes
My NS career

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cappedore » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:45 am

Surely this makes proposals such as 'Ban Dictatorships' legal?
- Legislator and current Minister of Culture in The East Pacific.
- Former President, Deputy Prime Minister, Senator, and socialite of the Union of Allied States.
- 18 year old Brit with too many aspirations.
- Member of the Labour Party (UK).
- A fan of Clement Attlee.
Minister of Culture - The East Pacific
(Please acknowledge that what I say, promote, endorse, or oppose are NOT official positions of WAA in TEP unless explicitly stated otherwise.)
President Austin Merrill | Vice President Cleveland Durand | Chancellor Maya Murray

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Secretariat Archives