NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal Preventing Identity Theft

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Fjords Commonwealth
Civilian

Founded: Jun 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fjords Commonwealth » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:35 pm

i believe such acts of criminal activity falls onto the state as a average citizen is not and cannot be expected to stop criminal activity without government support those who fall for their traps are usually people of old age or younglings and it is the responsibility of the state to stop such criminal acts from happening and identity theft does not stop from the information stolen as the information will be sold to the black market to be used for nefarious activities so i believe as a member of the assembly the General Assembly Resolution #576 “Preventing Identity Theft” shall not be repealed

MesoAmerican cultures
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby MesoAmerican cultures » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:04 am

It seems to me that "false identity theft claims" would just imply the need for all claims to be investigated and if found to be false, the actors responsible for the fraud punished. That part of the repeal makes no sense.

For the part of the repeal about mass government payments in case of mass identity-theft, such events would be a disaster which the responsible entity for that identities would need to obviously compensate.
Either the bank (if privately owned) or the government responsible (if a publicly owned/controlled bank), as previously mentioned.
At most, new legal frameworks about the procedure in those events (reduced financial handout, international collaboration for strong prosecution of important identity-thieves...) would be needed

The idea of repealing a mostly good law piece without proposing a new legal framework to regulate this very important problem is nonsensical.
Either propose the establishment of anti-fraud commissions and some other measures, or don't repeal without an alternative.

Franfran2424, ambassador of the Confederation of Mesoamerican Cultures.
Last edited by MesoAmerican cultures on Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makko Oko
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Makko Oko » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:20 am

This has passed with 13,157 yes's to 2,753 no's
OBC Current News: First-Ever Anti-Terrorism Act Enacted | Emperor launches plans to expand trade | Danika Hicks Case: NOT GUILTY VERDICT! Court rules 3-2
Information:
IIWiki Factbooks
NS Factbooks

NOTE: This nation does not reflect my real beliefs in any way, shape or form

Previous

Return to WA Archives