NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate A Liberal Haven

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Matthew the Man
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Matthew the Man » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:24 pm

Heart of My Wife wrote:
Matthew the Man wrote:I think it's very clear that raiders are only on this thread to troll, the region in question is unquestionably being occupied by raider forces who wish to do it harm. We should ignore this bait on the semantics of "natives" and instead focus on the proposal's actual merits themselves. Regarding the proposal itself, I'd like the echo Andy and Zuk's suggestions. The subject matter itself seems spot on, but as the aforementioned two mentioned, there are stylistic changes that would make this flow better as a reader. Full support.

Furthermore, I consider that TBH should cease to exist as an organization.

Honest Question, what is a valid raid then?

I used raid in the above post liberally (pun not intended). What I truly mean is offensive action / operation, not a raid in the traditional sense. An offensive operation against problematic entities such as fascists are valid. An offensive operation against griefers and raiders is valid. One done with the purpose to harass innocent natives is not.
Maineiacs wrote:So, what happens next?

Defenders will launch liberation attempts to free the region from the clutches of the combined raider force. If you wish to get involved or are curious as to what this entails, please telegram me.

Furthermore, I consider that TBH should cease to exist as an organization.
✯ ✯ ✯ Libcord: For Your Protection ✯ ✯ ✯
“Only 'onest money in this world is fenda money.”
Warden-Constable of The Order of the Grey Wardens
Benevolent Thomas wrote:It is fun for me to see invaders lose at something they won at for so long.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:19 am

I assume the liberation failed, then? What do we do now, just abandon the region?
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:21 am

Maineiacs wrote:I assume the liberation failed, then?

It did not.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:I assume the liberation failed, then?

It did not.

I get that the resolution passed, but the raiders are still there, are they not?
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Pathoal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Pathoal » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:25 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:It did not.

I get that the resolution passed, but the raiders are still there, are they not?

Yes. SC Liberations with a capital “L” only remove the password, making the region easier for defenders to liberate. The defenders still have to liberate the region after the Liberation resolution has passed.
aka Comfed

Garchyland
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 12, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Garchyland » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:34 am

Maineiacs wrote:I assume the liberation failed, then? What do we do now, just abandon the region?

We are still fighting :)

Matthew the Man wrote:Defenders will launch liberation attempts to free the region from the clutches of the combined raider force. If you wish to get involved or are curious as to what this entails, please telegram me.

Maineiacs is a native of ALH and is certainly helping already!

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:49 am

Garchyland wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:I assume the liberation failed, then? What do we do now, just abandon the region?

We are still fighting :)

Matthew the Man wrote:Defenders will launch liberation attempts to free the region from the clutches of the combined raider force. If you wish to get involved or are curious as to what this entails, please telegram me.

Maineiacs is a native of ALH and is certainly helping already!

I'm the local Resistance cell. The Underground. The Maquis. Wolverines!
add 6,928 to post count

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:24 pm

Wolverines? guess that makes us raiders the Russians.. neat I already love Russian folk music! I'll listen to some of that while banjecting defenders when I get home from work. If we still have a hold on the region of course.. being Saturday night I think they have a decent chance..
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:21 am

GET THEM OUT NOW! I'VE HAD IT! I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS, AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH IT! GET THEM OUT!

Why isn't there a way to opt out of this raiding BS?
add 6,928 to post count

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives