NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Corporal Punishment Ban

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

AxeCapital
Political Columnist

Founded: May 15, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby AxeCapital » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:15 am

Drew Durrnil wrote:
Bananaistan wrote:"Are there any examples of violence being inflicted as a punishment without the aim of making the victim uncomfortable? It'd be nice to weigh up what's being excluded here."

"What comes to mind for me is BDSM punishment, which is the punishment/torture of the person to inflict sexual pleasure on them."

I thought of BDSM, but then does't this resolution apply to only children. So if its BDSM, its BDSM on children? And so in that case, is it allowed? Or is it prohibited in another resolution

The Hazar Amisnery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Hazar Amisnery » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:34 am

Tinhampton wrote:
The Hazar Amisnery wrote:...What about nations that rely on physical torture as a means to keep down crime rates?...

Torture is illegal.

Looks like its not going to be passed anyway. Why do we need to ban corporal punishment? If torture is banned, doesn't that mean corporal punishment is basically reduced to stuff like 50 pushups or writing lines?
News:
Nationwide cyberattack devastates core government infrastructure, but we will prevail.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:59 am

The Hazar Amisnery wrote:

Looks like its not going to be passed anyway. Why do we need to ban corporal punishment? If torture is banned, doesn't that mean corporal punishment is basically reduced to stuff like 50 pushups or writing lines?

Vyn Nysen: "I wouldn't be so sure of that, Ambassador. The vote is very close and has a small margin. This could easily flip towards a vote in favour of this proposal."
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:01 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
The Hazar Amisnery wrote:Looks like its not going to be passed anyway. Why do we need to ban corporal punishment? If torture is banned, doesn't that mean corporal punishment is basically reduced to stuff like 50 pushups or writing lines?

Vyn Nysen: "I wouldn't be so sure of that, Ambassador. The vote is very close and has a small margin. This could easily flip towards a vote in favour of this proposal."

OOC: TNP will stack against.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:03 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Vyn Nysen: "I wouldn't be so sure of that, Ambassador. The vote is very close and has a small margin. This could easily flip towards a vote in favour of this proposal."

And TSP will stack for :P Brototh (Thaecia's WAD) voted for this proposal about a minute before you posted that, thereby giving this proposal a ten-vote lead (currently 2,339-2,329)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Ribatistan
Political Columnist

Founded: May 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ribatistan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:11 am

The Hazar Amisnery wrote:

This is a very good point.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:12 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Vyn Nysen: "I wouldn't be so sure of that, Ambassador. The vote is very close and has a small margin. This could easily flip towards a vote in favour of this proposal."

Tinhampton wrote:And TSP will stack for :P Brototh (Thaecia's WAD) voted for this proposal about a minute before you posted that, thereby giving this proposal a ten-vote lead (currently 2,339-2,329)

OOC: I expect the margin of the vote will remain very small throughout the vote. It is my hope that the vote will turn out 'for' in the end :) corporal punishment is archaic and has no place in modern civilization, if you ask me.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Wired Lovers
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wired Lovers » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:12 am

AxeCapital wrote:
Drew Durrnil wrote:"What comes to mind for me is BDSM punishment, which is the punishment/torture of the person to inflict sexual pleasure on them."

I thought of BDSM, but then does't this resolution apply to only children. So if its BDSM, its BDSM on children? And so in that case, is it allowed? Or is it prohibited in another resolution

If not that is a disgusting loophole

Ribatistan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ribatistan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:13 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:OOC: TNP will stack against.

Tinhampton wrote:And TSP will stack for :P Brototh (Thaecia's WAD) voted for this proposal about a minute before you posted that, thereby giving this proposal a ten-vote lead (currently 2,339-2,329)

OOC: I expect the margin of the vote will remain very small throughout the vote. It is my hope that the vote will turn out 'for' in the end :) corporal punishment is archaic and has no place in modern civilization, if you ask me.

What makes you say it is archaic? Most of the world still practices it today. Is it because the West does not practice it anymore?
Last edited by Ribatistan on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 am

AxeCapital wrote:
Drew Durrnil wrote:"What comes to mind for me is BDSM punishment, which is the punishment/torture of the person to inflict sexual pleasure on them."

This resolution sets out to protect all individuals from corporal punishment, regardless of age.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Wired Lovers
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wired Lovers » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:19 am

OOC: I expect the margin of the vote will remain very small throughout the vote. It is my hope that the vote will turn out 'for' in the end :) corporal punishment is archaic and has no place in modern civilization, if you ask me.[/quote]
What makes you say it is archaic? Most of the world still practices it today. Is it because the West does not practice it anymore?[/quote]
No because it is. It has no observable benefits to development and is more emblematic of poor parenting than any cultural importance you seem to think it has.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 am

Ribatistan wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:

What makes you say it is archaic? Most of the world still practices it today. Is it because the West does not practice it anymore?

OOC: I don't involve the concept of West and what not in this. Corporal punishment is archaic, in my opinion, because it bases itself on the severely flawed idea that children need to be reprimanded with pain, force, violence or fear. Fortunately, modern society has devised more prudent and effective ways of making a child understand they did something wrong, that doesn't unnecessarily emotionally scar a child or teenager. That is why it's archaic to me, because we have more reasonable methods of raising children.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Ribatistan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ribatistan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:31 am

Wired Lovers wrote:

What makes you say it is archaic? Most of the world still practices it today. Is it because the West does not practice it anymore?[/quote]
No because it is. It has no observable benefits to development and is more emblematic of poor parenting than any cultural importance you seem to think it has.[/quote]
First of all, this resolution is not only about children. Secondly, it is quite disrespectful of you to consider corporal punishment of “cultural importance” to me, as we are not doing it for any reason except development. Lastly, when concerning children, why are you assuming that the parent is going to be beating the child on a regular basis? In my region’s eyes, when a child is usually forgiven their mistakes and is hit once in a while lightly, by the parent (no one else is permitted), it evokes an sad and emotional feeling within the child to be better next time because he realizes he’s done something wrong and will work to fix the issue. Usually a child is only beat one or two times within their lifetime. In our eyes, there is nothing “archaic” about this, has observable benefits to development, and does not create a sense of discomfort within the child.

Ribatistan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ribatistan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:35 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Ribatistan wrote:What makes you say it is archaic? Most of the world still practices it today. Is it because the West does not practice it anymore?

OOC: I don't involve the concept of West and what not in this. Corporal punishment is archaic, in my opinion, because it bases itself on the severely flawed idea that children need to be reprimanded with pain, force, violence or fear. Fortunately, modern society has devised more prudent and effective ways of making a child understand they did something wrong, that doesn't unnecessarily emotionally scar a child or teenager. That is why it's archaic to me, because we have more reasonable methods of raising children.

Once again, why are you assuming that corporal punishment is the only form of raising a child practiced by those who do it, and that a parent is going to be doing it frequently, or even hard enough that the child will be injured? Just because extreme sides exist doesn’t mean the whole practice should be banned. Also, even if you find it to be an issue, education would be a better solution than just outlawing it. Often the parent’s frustration when they would usually hit a child will result in them verbally acting very sarcastically, hostile, or rude to the child.

E.g., in my nation there are rules to legislate corporal punishment with regards to children: it may only be conducted by the parents, it must not be done frequently, it must not be done hard enough that the child will feel pain or have a mark, etc.
Last edited by Ribatistan on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:41 am

Ribatistan wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:OOC: I don't involve the concept of West and what not in this. Corporal punishment is archaic, in my opinion, because it bases itself on the severely flawed idea that children need to be reprimanded with pain, force, violence or fear. Fortunately, modern society has devised more prudent and effective ways of making a child understand they did something wrong, that doesn't unnecessarily emotionally scar a child or teenager. That is why it's archaic to me, because we have more reasonable methods of raising children.

Once again, why are you assuming that corporal punishment is the only form of raising a child, and that a parent is going to be doing it frequently, or even hard enough that the child will be injured? Just because extreme sides exist doesn’t mean the whole practice should be banned. Also, even if you find it to be an issue, education would be a better solution than just outlawing it. Often the parent’s frustration when they would usually hit a child will result in them verbally acting very sarcastically, hostile, or rude to the child.

OOC: I am all for educating parents how to avoid poor parenting and to be better parents in general. Yet this is an issue that needs to be handled from two sides, namely from the top-down, and bottom-up. The top-down approach is a ban on the practice through legislation. The bottom-up approach is education. It is my hope that we will see the latter stimulated alongside this ban.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Ribatistan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ribatistan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:00 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Ribatistan wrote:Once again, why are you assuming that corporal punishment is the only form of raising a child, and that a parent is going to be doing it frequently, or even hard enough that the child will be injured? Just because extreme sides exist doesn’t mean the whole practice should be banned. Also, even if you find it to be an issue, education would be a better solution than just outlawing it. Often the parent’s frustration when they would usually hit a child will result in them verbally acting very sarcastically, hostile, or rude to the child.

OOC: I am all for educating parents how to avoid poor parenting and to be better parents in general. Yet this is an issue that needs to be handled from two sides, namely from the top-down, and bottom-up. The top-down approach is a ban on the practice through legislation. The bottom-up approach is education. It is my hope that we will see the latter stimulated alongside this ban.

You are still avoiding the issue: why is the whole practice to be banned and not just the extremist aspect to it? There are many parents who hit their kids once their in life without any pain or marks. This large group of people must not be ignored. Their kids hardly remember the beatings when they grow up nor are emotionally scarred, but it just helps them improve at the moment. I am all for regulating punishing children frequently with pain, force, and violence. In fact, those are such harsh terms I am not sure what we consider beating falls under those terms. Regardless, the issue is extremists and bad parents should be targeted and not the bulk population. For example, when a child is learning how to walk, a child-proof gate is installed in front of the stairs. That is the smart thing to do, instead of banning everyone from using the stairs until the baby knows where they are going. Similarly, parents who are extreme in their forms of reprimand should be regulated and educated, but those who are responsible about it and kind in practice should not be banned either.
Last edited by Ribatistan on Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:12 am

Ribatistan wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:OOC: I am all for educating parents how to avoid poor parenting and to be better parents in general. Yet this is an issue that needs to be handled from two sides, namely from the top-down, and bottom-up. The top-down approach is a ban on the practice through legislation. The bottom-up approach is education. It is my hope that we will see the latter stimulated alongside this ban.

You are still avoiding the issue: why is the whole practice to be banned and not just the extremist aspect to it? There are many parents who hit their kids once their in life without any pain or marks. This large group of people must not be ignored. Their kids hardly remember the beatings when they grow up nor are emotionally scarred, but it just helps them improve at the moment. I am all for regulating punishing children frequently with pain, force, and violence. In fact, those are such harsh terms I am not sure what we consider beating falls under those terms. Regardless, the issue is extremists and bad parents should be targeted and not the bulk population. For example, when a child is learning how to walk, a child-proof gate is installed in front of the stairs. That is the smart thing to do, instead of banning everyone from using the stairs until the baby knows where they are going. Similarly, parents who are extreme in their forms of reprimand should be regulated and educated, but those who are responsible about it and kind in practice should not be banned either.

(OOC: Daarwyrth’s point, I believe, is that all corporal punishment has negative consequences for the child’s development, regardless of severity, beyond obvious de minimis cases. In other words, both the ‘extremists’ and the ‘bulk population’, to use your terminology, who use corporal punishment, equally need to have that practice restricted: source, other source, and another source.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Waldenes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldenes » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 am

*The ambassador from Waldenes appears noticeably agitated.* “How the blazes is this vote so close?! This is a no brainer, people! Corporal punishment has no place in modern society and there is not a single leading competent psychologist who would say otherwise! With all due respect, GET WITH THE TIMES PEOPLE!”

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:39 am

Ribatistan wrote:You are still avoiding the issue: why is the whole practice to be banned and not just the extremist aspect to it? There are many parents who hit their kids once their in life without any pain or marks. This large group of people must not be ignored. Their kids hardly remember the beatings when they grow up nor are emotionally scarred, but it just helps them improve at the moment. I am all for regulating punishing children frequently with pain, force, and violence. In fact, those are such harsh terms I am not sure what we consider beating falls under those terms. Regardless, the issue is extremists and bad parents should be targeted and not the bulk population. For example, when a child is learning how to walk, a child-proof gate is installed in front of the stairs. That is the smart thing to do, instead of banning everyone from using the stairs until the baby knows where they are going. Similarly, parents who are extreme in their forms of reprimand should be regulated and educated, but those who are responsible about it and kind in practice should not be banned either.

OOC: Kenmoria explains what I mean perfectly:
Kenmoria wrote:
Ribatistan wrote:(OOC: Daarwyrth’s point, I believe, is that all corporal punishment has negative consequences for the child’s development, regardless of severity, beyond obvious de minimis cases. In other words, both the ‘extremists’ and the ‘bulk population’, to use your terminology, who use corporal punishment, equally need to have that practice restricted: source, other source, and another source.)

It's not just the extremist cases that need to be addressed, all cases of corporal punishment must be addressed and promptly banned. There is no place for corporal punishment in any child's upbringing, and it never should have had a place in it in the first place. A parents who resorts to physical violence against a child (or any adult for that matter) has failed profoundly at being a parent or whatever position they hold (a teacher for example).
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Herby
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herby » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:39 am

You know if you had kept the mandate for kids only I would have voted for. But no. You had to make it illegal to allow corporal punishment in the military. I mean if soldiers in our armed forces fuck up people die. So if we gotta make ‘em run the obstacle course with minimal fluids in their radiator to stress them to the limit and to ensure that they don’t fuck up again then by golly we’re gonna do that.
Last edited by Herby on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Ambassador #53. From the nation of Herby. But you can call me Herby.

Herby's doors and windows are ALWAYS locked when she's in the Strangers' Bar (unless she unlocks them for you). And, she has no accelerator, a mock steering wheel, and no gear shifter. So, no joyrides.

Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:42 am

Herby wrote:You know if you had kept the mandate for kids only I would have voted for. But no. You had to make it illegal to allow corporal punishment in the military. I mean if soldiers in our armed forces fuck up people die. So if we gotta make ‘em run the obstacle course with minimal fluids in their radiator to stress them to the limit and to ensure that they don’t fuck up again then by golly we’re gonna do that.

Excellently said, ambassador.

Waldenes wrote:*The ambassador from Waldenes appears noticeably agitated.* “How the blazes is this vote so close?! This is a no brainer, people! Corporal punishment has no place in modern society and there is not a single leading competent psychologist who would say otherwise! With all due respect, GET WITH THE TIMES PEOPLE!”

After wiping her glasses, Obraztsova remarked in a teacher's tone: Well, Ambassador, our sources disagree with you. Lakan Central Institute for Public Control had, after carrying out a multitude of different tests came up with a result that while corporate punishment may be severely damaging for one’s help, is also helps a lot to curb down the amount of crimes being committed in prisons- works for us. Moreover than that, maybe just maybe you’ll stop shouting and start treating your opponents with respect?
||||||||||||||||||||
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic semi feudal monarchy with elements of aristocracy. Society absurdly hierarchical, cosplaying Edwardian Britain. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Pronouns up to your choice I can be a girl if I want to so refer to me as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:46 am

Herby wrote:You know if you had kept the mandate for kids only I would have voted for. But no. You had to make it illegal to allow corporal punishment in the military. I mean if soldiers in our armed forces fuck up people die. So if we gotta make ‘em run the obstacle course with minimal fluids in their radiator to stress them to the limit and to ensure that they don’t fuck up again then by golly we’re gonna do that.

Because I'm a doctor. Because when we make mistakes people die.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Saint Arsenio
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Saint Arsenio » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:53 am

"Saint Arsenio shall be voting against this resolution, as we believe that this is an issue that should be addressed by individual nations, rather than the WA." - Ambassador Yolanda Wright.
Last edited by Saint Arsenio on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leader: King Macio | Capital: Saint Glennwood | WA Ambassador: Yolanda Wright (since 2019) | Member of LITA (since 2021)

The Influential | News: Protests in Saint Glennwood, surrounding area prompt city-wide state of emergency

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Waldenes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Waldenes » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:08 am

*The Ambassador from Waldenes scans the room, eyeing everyone directly in the process, his voice lowered from before but no less passionate in tone.*

“It will be a sad, sad day for civil rights, the respect for the science of psychology, and ALL of our children should this resolution fail to pass... A sad, sad day.”

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:09 am

Waldenes wrote:*The Ambassador from Waldenes scans the room, eyeing everyone directly in the process, his voice lowered from before but no less passionate in tone.*

“It will be a sad, sad day for civil rights, the respect for the science of psychology, and ALL of our children should this resolution fail to pass... A sad, sad day.”

"I find it deeply ironic that you invoke civil rights. This resolution permits law enforcement officers to commit acts of brutality against criminal suspects. Not something that advances civil rights, is it?"
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives