NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Liberate Islam

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sargassah
Secretary

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sargassah » Mon May 10, 2010 9:20 am

Gordonopia wrote:.......... HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear. 14 exclamation marks. :eyebrow:

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Mon May 10, 2010 10:04 am

Sedgistan wrote:This was always going to be a risk with this resolution, but the important thing is that the region is being returned to its natives.

The natives now have control over Islam. Whether this liberation resolution should continue, or be retracted, would depend on the proposer, The Kaaba.

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Mon May 10, 2010 11:07 am

Anime Daisuki wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:This was always going to be a risk with this resolution, but the important thing is that the region is being returned to its natives.

The natives now have control over Islam. Whether this liberation resolution should continue, or be retracted, would depend on the proposer, The Kaaba.

No, it's at vote now. Nothing can stop it! Nothing! Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (cough) (cough) (hack) (hack).

I'm really out of practice with this sort of stuff. :twisted:
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

The Asylum Manager
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The Asylum Manager » Mon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I would like some clarification: if this bill passes, does that mean even the natives can't institute a password as long as it's in effect?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

The Asylum Manager wrote:I would like some clarification: if this bill passes, does that mean even the natives can't institute a password as long as it's in effect?

Only the native delegate. The founder can.

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lemmingtopias » Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I find this proposal absolutely propsterous. Firstly, it is written badly and in some places, ommits words completely, making it open for ambiguation. Secondly, it gives no basis for why some of these nations it mentions are natives and others arent, simply stating that someone is an invader isnt enough, if this proposal is to be taken seriosuly, we need to see some more detail.

But most importantly, there is no password on the region Islam and hasnt been since the Resolution came up for vote.
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Sasica
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasica » Tue May 11, 2010 6:13 am

I agree with my fellow Atlantian. This bill has a lot of "what if's". If you check the FAQ, there is a question about if a classroom can have one. They are aloud! Now, what happens if classroom has one, and they put a password, because they wish to have privacy in here while they are teaching and doing that stuff. Some random guy shows up, because of YOUR bill, and interrupts their learning environment. Thats just WRONG! A classroom NEEDS privacy. This game is a GREAT way to learn how a country is run, and the regions can get privacy from the password. What happens if that all goes away! Then there would NOT be a private room, where the TEACHER and HER/HIS STUDENTS could learn. Another example, very similar to that one. You have tons of friends who have a nation. You all want to make your own region, just to talk as friends and have fun BY YOURSELVES! Without a password, any random person can just join in!

The Delegate problem, ISN'T a problem. The FOUNDER can just take away access to administrative abilities. That is all, and I URGE you all to vote NO to this TERRIBLE bill.

Sasica
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasica » Tue May 11, 2010 6:18 am

However, I will say that there NEEDS for something to be done about this, but I think that this is the wrong way to look at it. I think that if you get a way to request to have a password for your friends, and send proof that it is you and your friends or it is you and your classroom. Other than that, it will RUIN the ability to have free privacy, and something needs to be done about it. The only way to fix this bill, is by adding another bill.

The Asylum Manager
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The Asylum Manager » Tue May 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Lemmingtopias wrote:But most importantly, there is no password on the region Islam and hasnt been since the Resolution came up for vote.

You spread false information, mister Ambassador. When the resolution came up to vote, there was indeed a password on the region and on the RMB you could see the Delegate was a Raider. The Raiders then left the region, waiting for it to CTE so they could refound but one of the former natives beat them to it and foiled the Raider's plan. Naturally, that means they now no longer need a password.

I yield the floor.
Last edited by The Asylum Manager on Tue May 11, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue May 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, I think the liberation succeeded without even passing first.
Last edited by A mean old man on Tue May 11, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 am

A mean old man wrote:Well, I think the liberation succeeded without even passing first.

Seconded, but with a rightful founder I doubt that there is a need of the liberation unless the region decided to keep the resolution in effect. For example, although Belgium was liberated before the resolution passed they decided to keep the resolution active even though there has been no long-term password for more than half a year.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justice4Islam (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Justice4Islam (Ancient) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks for all the help guys!

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Wed May 12, 2010 10:43 am

On behalf of the Council of Directors, the People's Assembly and the House of Regions, I do congratulate you for your efforts. We all hope that your region has returned to peace, and that raiders may not trouble you again

Dr. Dimitri MacCarinson (phd, modern world history)
Au nom du Conseil d'administration, l'Assemblée du peuple et de la Chambre des régions, je ne vous félicite pour vos efforts. Nous espérons tous que votre région est de retour à la paix, et que les nations hostiles ne peuvent pas vous déranger à nouveau

Dr. Dimitri MacCarinson (doctorat, histoire du monde moderne)

En nombre del Consejo de Administración, la Asamblea del Pueblo y la Casa de las regiones, yo le felicita por sus esfuerzos. Todos esperamos que su región ha vuelto a la paz, y que las naciones hostiles no puede problemas de nuevo

El Dr. Dimitri MacCarinson (PhD, la historia del mundo moderno)

A nome del Consiglio di Amministrazione, dell'Assemblea e del popolo della Casa delle Regioni, faccio congratularmi con voi per i vostri sforzi. Ci auguriamo tutti che la vostra regione è tornata la pace, e che le nazioni ostili non vi disturbo di nuovo

Il dottor Dimitri MacCarinson (dottorato di ricerca, la storia del mondo moderno)
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Allahu Akbar, comrades! :)
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Congratulations, comrades!Peace be upon your region for evermore.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Gordonopia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordonopia » Wed May 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Solyhniya wrote:Congratulations, comrades PUKES!Peace DEATH AND DESTRUCTION be upon your region for evermore.

:twisted: FIXED WITH HATRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the World Assembly Conservative Union. Founder and WA Delegate of Moralistic Autocracies .

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives