NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Restrictions on Blood Sports

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Tue May 12, 2020 5:34 am

I have updated the draft

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 am

“I have two grammar fixes: firstly, the ‘are’ in the ‘horrified’ clause should be an ‘is’; secondly, the full stop at the end of clause 4 should be a semicolon.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Fri May 15, 2020 2:23 am

Last call

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri May 15, 2020 11:11 pm

By the way do I need to make a thread in moderation if I intend to submit with my own puppet? Or is that not needed?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sat May 16, 2020 4:34 am

Honeydewistania wrote:By the way do I need to make a thread in moderation if I intend to submit with my own puppet? Or is that not needed?

(OOC: You don’t need to create a moderation thread to submit with a puppet. If you are Ancient Greek Empire with a different nation, it might be helpful to post as Ancient Greek Empire confirming this in this thread.)
Last edited by Kenmoria on Sat May 16, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 am

Sure, thanks

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Sat May 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Submitted under my puppet Honeydewistania

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sun May 17, 2020 2:13 am

Ancient Greek Empire wrote:Submitted under my puppet Honeydewistania

(OOC: How are you campaigning for this?)
My pronouns are he/him.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 2:18 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Ancient Greek Empire wrote:Submitted under my puppet Honeydewistania

(OOC: How are you campaigning for this?)

I'm using API (nstg-web)

Edit: First approval yahoooooooooooo!
Last edited by Ancient Greek Empire on Sun May 17, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun May 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Ancient Greek Empire wrote:1. Defines a "blood sport" as a form of entertainment involving two or more living beings in which the aim is to injure or kill the opponent;

OOC: Hunting is still not excluded. You may have trouble with a previous resolution.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun May 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Ancient Greek Empire wrote:1. Defines a "blood sport" as a form of entertainment involving two or more living beings in which the aim is to injure or kill the opponent;

OOC: Hunting is still not excluded. You may have trouble with a previous resolution.

Hunting as in hunting for food or hunting for entertainment?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun May 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: Hunting is still not excluded. You may have trouble with a previous resolution.

Hunting as in hunting for food or hunting for entertainment?

OOC: I personally don't care for hunting, but my friend's father and brother are avid hunters. They hunt for food (they eat their kills) but it's also entertainment (a hobby, a passtime) to them. The problem with the proposal is that it makes no difference. I mean, as an inverse example, my mom looooooves gardening, it's her hobby and entertainment. But she also gets fresh veggies from her garden, so it's both for food and entertainment.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun May 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:Hunting as in hunting for food or hunting for entertainment?

OOC: I personally don't care for hunting, but my friend's father and brother are avid hunters. They hunt for food (they eat their kills) but it's also entertainment (a hobby, a passtime) to them. The problem with the proposal is that it makes no difference. I mean, as an inverse example, my mom looooooves gardening, it's her hobby and entertainment. But she also gets fresh veggies from her garden, so it's both for food and entertainment.

How much of a problem would this be? Would it be voted down?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun May 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:How much of a problem would this be? Would it be voted down?

OOC: Could be declared illegal - if it had gotten to vote by then, it could be discarded. (I'm honestly like 90% asleep right now so don't have the brainpower to do the checks on the legality myself. Sorry. I meant to be in bed 2 hours ago, originally.)

If you're the author, I suggest you withdraw the submission to fix this issue. Write down the names of the delegates already having approved, you can acknowledge their support here, after withdrawing, and in your new campaign TG mention that it was withdrawn to fix a glaring error. Withdrawing now to sort problems out is better for your proposal in the long run.
Last edited by Araraukar on Sun May 17, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:How much of a problem would this be? Would it be voted down?

OOC: Could be declared illegal - if it had gotten to vote by then, it could be discarded. (I'm honestly like 90% asleep right now so don't have the brainpower to do the checks on the legality myself. Sorry. I meant to be in bed 2 hours ago, originally.)

If you're the author, I suggest you withdraw the submission to fix this issue. Write down the names of the delegates already having approved, you can acknowledge their support here, after withdrawing, and in your new campaign TG mention that it was withdrawn to fix a glaring error. Withdrawing now to sort problems out is better for your proposal in the long run.

Perhaps, but what should be in its place?

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun May 17, 2020 11:25 pm

Does anyone else here think the proposal violates GA rules? Or is anyone able to explain how this proposal could potentially be illegal?
Last edited by Honeydewistania on Mon May 18, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Mon May 18, 2020 2:42 am

Honeydewistania wrote:Does anyone else here think the proposal violates GA rules? Or is anyone able to explain how this proposal could potentially be illegal?

(OOC: Araraukar has highlighted a contradiction between this proposal and sensible limits on hunting. Clause 1 of GA #267 ‘Recognises member nations’ rights to allow and regulate the hunting of non-endangered animal stocks, and to ban hunting of any animals, within their borders;’ therefore any later proposal that attempts to ban hunting will be illegal for contradiction.)
My pronouns are he/him.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Mon May 18, 2020 2:44 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:Does anyone else here think the proposal violates GA rules? Or is anyone able to explain how this proposal could potentially be illegal?

(OOC: Araraukar has highlighted a contradiction between this proposal and sensible limits on hunting. Clause 1 of GA #267 ‘Recognises member nations’ rights to allow and regulate the hunting of non-endangered animal stocks, and to ban hunting of any animals, within their borders;’ therefore any later proposal that attempts to ban hunting will be illegal for contradiction.)

So.... this is illegal?

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Mon May 18, 2020 2:49 am

Ancient Greek Empire wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Araraukar has highlighted a contradiction between this proposal and sensible limits on hunting. Clause 1 of GA #267 ‘Recognises member nations’ rights to allow and regulate the hunting of non-endangered animal stocks, and to ban hunting of any animals, within their borders;’ therefore any later proposal that attempts to ban hunting will be illegal for contradiction.)

So.... this is illegal?

(OOC: Yes, this is illegal. Clause 3 of this proposal contradicts clause 1 of GA #267. A withdrawal is necessary at this point.)
My pronouns are he/him.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Mon May 18, 2020 3:00 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Ancient Greek Empire wrote:So.... this is illegal?

(OOC: Yes, this is illegal. Clause 3 of this proposal contradicts clause 1 of GA #267. A withdrawal is necessary at this point.)

I see. It will be withdrawn ASAP.

What should I put to exclude Hunting?

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Mon May 18, 2020 3:15 am

Alright, I added the hunting bit. Is it good enough? Legal?

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 am

I can give it a full read through on Wednesday, if you're willing to wait.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Mon May 18, 2020 3:20 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:I can give it a full read through on Wednesday, if you're willing to wait.

Sure then, if that's what it takes
Last edited by Ancient Greek Empire on Mon May 18, 2020 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Mon May 18, 2020 3:31 am

Ancient Greek Empire wrote:Alright, I added the hunting bit. Is it good enough? Legal?

(OOC: Although the proposal no longer contradict GA #267, it it now illegal because of the House of Cards rule. This means that your proposal relies on an extent resolution to support it, and is therefore not an independent piece of legislation.)
My pronouns are he/him.

Ancient Greek Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Greek Empire » Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Ancient Greek Empire wrote:Alright, I added the hunting bit. Is it good enough? Legal?

(OOC: Although the proposal no longer contradict GA #267, it it now illegal because of the House of Cards rule. This means that your proposal relies on an extent resolution to support it, and is therefore not an independent piece of legislation.)

Oh yeah. Better?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives