NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Access to Abortion

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prussian-Germany
Attaché

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Germany » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:38 am

Astrobolt wrote:
Keswickholt wrote:This proposal is an issue not for the World Assembly, but for the Nation.

I have spoken to the Federal Parliament and they have voted in favour of voting against this proposal on the grounds of National Sovereignty and not for any other reason.

"And why must the rights of women to control their own bodies and make their own decisions be a national concern? It doesn't make sense that Astrobolt let women's rights be infringed just because they happen in another country."

My dear friend, for me it has nothing to do about that - I am, after all, pro-choice - but I see it the government PAYING for it a massive problem. My government doesn't have that type of money!
King of Alvonia
5-Star General & Commander-in-Chief of the Alvonian Imperial Army and VolksFriekorps
Minister of Defense of the Kingdom of Alvonia

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:39 am

At this stage looks like we need a resolution on General Practitioner Training Standards...
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Keswickholt
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Keswickholt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:43 am

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Astrobolt wrote:
"And why must the rights of women to control their own bodies and make their own decisions be a national concern? It doesn't make sense that Astrobolt let women's rights be infringed just because they happen in another country."

My dear friend, for me it has nothing to do about that - I am, after all, pro-choice - but I see it the government PAYING for it a massive problem. My government doesn't have that type of money!

Whilst our nation is better off than some nations, we do not feel it appropriate or morally acceptable for a resolution calling for all nations to make a payment towards a medical procedure that they may be against or in some nations is illegal, not only is this a problem, it could lead to thousands of women being made criminals by their nation for wanting to make that choice.

Ambassador do not get me wrong, the Federal Republic is Pro-Choice on this matter and already has such infrastructure in place to allow for Abortions. We as a nation promote diversity and equality for all people regardless of gender, race or religion.
Lord Cameron Stewart
Foreign Secretary
World Assembly Liaison Office
HM Foreign Office
Holy Roman Empire of Keswickholt

Keswickholt
Bureaucrat

Postby Keswickholt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:46 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:At this stage looks like we need a resolution on General Practitioner Training Standards...

At this rate we will need a resolution on World Assembly Resolutions
Lord Cameron Stewart
Foreign Secretary
HM Foreign Office

Prussian-Germany
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Germany » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:46 am

Keswickholt wrote:
Prussian-Germany wrote:

Whilst our nation is better off than some nations, we do not feel it appropriate or morally acceptable for a resolution calling for all nations to make a payment towards a medical procedure that they may be against or in some nations is illegal, not only is this a problem, it could lead to thousands of women being made criminals by their nation for wanting to make that choice.

Ambassador do not get me wrong, the Federal Republic is Pro-Choice on this matter and already has such infrastructure in place to allow for Abortions. We as a nation promote diversity and equality for all people regardless of gender, race or religion.

Ambassador, I could have not said it better myself.
King of Alvonia
5-Star General & Commander-in-Chief of the Alvonian Imperial Army and VolksFriekorps

Astrobolt
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:47 am

Keswickholt wrote:
Prussian-Germany wrote:

"Ambassador, abortion is already legal in all GA nations per GA resolution #286 Reproductive Freedoms. (If it isn't those nations would be non compliant and subject to sanctions.) There isn't an issue of illegality here."
Last edited by Astrobolt on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe

TITO Tactical Officer

For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, click here.

Prussian-Germany
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Germany » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:55 am

Astrobolt wrote:
Keswickholt wrote:

"Ambassador, abortion is already legal in all GA nations per GA resolution #286 Reproductive Freedoms. (If it isn't those nations would be non compliant and subject to sanctions.) There isn't an issue of illegality here."

All I'm going to say are 3 things:

1) what right does the World Assembly have to tell it's members to pay for something that does not affect the government of the nations OR the World Assembly?
2) leave this matter up to the independent nations to decide what is best for their own nation.
3) I DO NOT CARE WHAT MY PEOPLE DO - AS LONG AS IT IS LEGAL AND THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR MORE THINGS THEN IT ALREADY DOES.
Last edited by Prussian-Germany on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Alvonia

Prussian-Germany
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Germany » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:58 am

Keswickholt wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:At this stage looks like we need a resolution on General Practitioner Training Standards...

At this rate we will need a resolution on World Assembly Resolutions

I will get on that then!
King of Alvonia

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:01 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Sure. Do better."

"Ok. Give us magic, then we will."

"Oh, honey. You don't need to explain to me how the law works. Members must provide means of access to services and commodities in a speedy fashion. You do not need a sports car to do so. There is no requirement that the means provided be the fastest possible or unreasonably expensive."

OOC: This argument is sufficiently bad faith and contorted that I'd mark it as an HM if I saw it in a repeal.

"That doesn't negate the issue of free rides for the rich."
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Keswickholt
Bureaucrat

Postby Keswickholt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:06 am

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Astrobolt wrote:

1) what right does the World Assembly have to tell it's members to pay for something that does not affect the government of the nations OR the World Assembly?
2) leave this matter up to the independent nations to decide what is best for their own nation.
3) I DO NOT CARE WHAT MY PEOPLE DO - AS LONG AS IT IS LEGAL AND THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR MORE THINGS THEN IT ALREADY DOES.

Thank you Ambassador of Prussian-Germany, I agree with these points.

Ambassador of Astrobolt;
Why is it that people feel there is an infinite money pot in the WA?
Are you aware that there is a proposal to repeal GA #286 being debated at the moment?
Lord Cameron Stewart
Foreign Secretary
HM Foreign Office

Anurial
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Anurial » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:09 am

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Astrobolt wrote:

"It seems odd for an ambassador to the World Assembly to take issue with the World Assembly requesting mandatory payments and ensuring the reproductive freedoms when the former is a rather fundamental part of the World Assembly and the latter has been an active resolution for quite some time."
"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called "the People's Stick".
Free Land of Anurial
Overview (W.I.P) - Government and Departments - Political Parties - Legislative Elections - Legislative Assembly
21st October
✉ Anarquía Mirror: 7 remaining Liberal MLAs form the Independent Group | International Mirror: Right-wing militias join Karsian military in fight against communist militias | Politipoll Weekly: PSF 42.3%, PDS 36.3%, SU 4.3%, AF 0.1%, CU 3.1%, PP 5.1%, Co 3.6%, IL 1.1%, CG 4.1%

Prussian-Germany
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Germany » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:18 am

Anurial wrote:
Prussian-Germany wrote:

"It seems odd for an ambassador to the World Assembly to take issue with the World Assembly requesting mandatory payments and ensuring the reproductive freedoms when the former is a rather fundamental part of the World Assembly and the latter has been an active resolution for quite some time."

It seems odd to me, Ambassador, at you are willing for an outside power, that doesn't know the laws, traditions, or spending of your nation, and you are willing to let them decide., NO MATTER WHAT YOUR COUNTRY OR FINANTIAL CURCOMSTANCES, to tell you what to spend money on.

I am pro-choice - it is not a matter of the government to tell you what you can do or not do in that zone - but government spending for it? I'm not ok with it.
King of Alvonia

Prussian-Germany
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Germany » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:20 am

Plus, I really don't have the money for it as it is - defense and military spending are taking up a good portion of the budget!
King of Alvonia

Anurial
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Anurial » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:26 am

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Anurial wrote:

It seems odd to me, Ambassador, at you are willing for an outside power, that doesn't know the laws, traditions, or spending of your nation, and you are willing to let them decide., NO MATTER WHAT YOUR COUNTRY OR FINANTIAL CURCOMSTANCES, to tell you what to spend money on.

I am pro-choice - it is not a matter of the government to tell you what you can do or not do in that zone - but government spending for it? I'm not ok with it.

"Ambassador, are you not guilty of the same thing? This is one of the primary premises of the World Assembly; internationalism. I'd also like to add that it is very important for the right to have an abortion to be accompanied with it actually being possible. Too often can individuals have their rights artificially restricted due to financial circumstances. I am under the impression that this is the reasoning behind this resolution."
"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called "the People's Stick".
Free Land of Anurial
Overview (W.I.P) - Government and Departments - Political Parties - Legislative Elections - Legislative Assembly
21st October
✉ Anarquía Mirror: 7 remaining Liberal MLAs form the Independent Group | International Mirror: Right-wing militias join Karsian military in fight against communist militias | Politipoll Weekly: PSF 42.3%, PDS 36.3%, SU 4.3%, AF 0.1%, CU 3.1%, PP 5.1%, Co 3.6%, IL 1.1%, CG 4.1%

Astrobolt
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:26 am

Keswickholt wrote:
Prussian-Germany wrote:

Ambassador of Astrobolt;
Are you aware that there is a proposal to repeal GA #286 being debated at the moment?

1. No one said that there is an infinite pot of money despite what you or the ambassador for United Massachusetts have implied. Simply some funds exist for poorer nations. Importantly however, covering the costs of abortions and contraceptives will actually save money in the long-run, as this will result in less spending on social services.
2. Many people have tried and failed to repeal GA #286. Based on the current makeup of the WA, I am confident that this won't pass anytime soon.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe

TITO Tactical Officer

For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, click here.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:35 am

Keswickholt wrote:
Prussian-Germany wrote:

Ambassador of Astrobolt;

“Whaaaaaaaaat? Why, that must mean it is a day ending in Y!”
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:36 am

Servilis wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:sigh...

a. GH is not a moderator,
b. holy shit you're literally responding to a post from three months ago
and c. jiminy jillikers

OOC : listen buddy, if anyone has a nation whose name has a special colour, they are a moderator to me,

Still not a moderator...buddy.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:08 am

So I read through some of the last few pages and oof there are going to be a lot of HMs in the repeals.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:So I read through some of the last few pages and oof there are going to be a lot of HMs in the repeals clusters.

:unsure:
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

SimTropican
Secretary

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Corporate Bordello

Postby SimTropican » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:27 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
(Image)
Access to Abortion
Category: Health | Area of Effect: Healthcare

Whereas some rabidly anti-choice nations lack medical professionals willing to perform abortions, meaning the ability to access them is non-existent without funds needed for foreign travel, denying constructively abortion rights because of income and birth location:

And whereas discrimination in state policy or administration of tax on abortion recipients and providers is unfair and grossly unjust:

And whereas people have natural rights to property in their own person:

Be it enacted by this august World Assembly as follows:

1. Definitions. In this resolution,
    1. abortion means a medical procedure to terminate a pregnancy deliberately,
    2. discrimination in tax, in relation to medical procedures, includes placing a burden in excess of that placed on other procedures of similar risk,
    3. IAO means Independent Adjudicative Office,
    4. recipient bona fide means a natural person demonstrating a bona fide desire for a commodity or service,
    5. resolution means General Assembly resolution,
    6. member means member nation, and
    7. tax includes solidarity contributions and other compulsory payments made to the state.
  2. Funding. Members must pay for or provide directly abortions, abortifacients, and contraceptives to any recipient bona fide within their jurisdiction upon request. Members must also provide a means to access such services and commodities speedily and free at the point of service or provision.

3. Non-discrimination. No members may:
    1. conduct discrimination in tax against a recipient or provider of abortion services or contraceptives in tax collection, assessment, or administration,
    2. discriminate against abortion clinics workers on account of occupation or place of employment,
    3. prosecute any person for receiving or providing section 7 compliant abortions, contraceptives, truthful medical advice, or education thereon,
    4. prohibit or levy discriminatory tariffs or tax against section 7 compliant contraceptives or abortifacients,
    5. fail to provide equal protection before the law to recipients or providers of abortion services, or
    6. implement policies intended to restrict access to section 7 regulated goods or services.
  4. Clinics. WA Choice Plus is established and may construct, per section 5, clinics with funds assessed by the General Accounting Office from members in which there does not exist, in the view of the WACC, adequate access to abortion. Such clinics shall offer free and safe abortions to any recipient bona fide. All members must, however, contribute separately to WA Choice Plus in proportion to expenses incurred within their jurisdiction at such clinics for their upkeep and maintenance.

1. Members must arrange fully subsidised travel for any recipient bona fide, and one person of their choice, to receive care offered by such a clinic if abortion services are not speedily accessible. No limitation, except to prohibit travel to nations in which there is an on-going armed conflict, may be enforced by a member on a person's ability to exit a member for purposes of travelling to a clinic unless permitted by resolution.

2. Clinics shall provide free healthcare and counselling for expectant parents as well as free contraceptives and abortifacients to any address serviceable by post within a member.
  5. Clinic lease terms. Any member may request the construction of section 4 clinics if they can show to the WACC that construction would expand access to abortion in an area where it is inadequate. The clinics will be built on land donated by members where the member doing so grants to the clinic a ten-year renewable lease in which no (a) direct tax or (b) indirect tax in excess of one per cent may be collected, along with the condition, reinforced by private contract, that upon disestablishment of the clinic, the assignee or seizer must remit to WA Choice Plus the fair market value of the improvements to that land.

6. Exceptions. Notwithstanding any other provision of this resolution and unless otherwise indicated by previous resolution, a member may restrict access to or section 2 funding for an abortion if that member can show that a sex-selective basis clearly impels its request.

7. Health and safety. The World Health Authority (WHA) must issue regulations to ensure abortions, abortifacients, and contraceptives available to the general public are safe and effective for end-users and those with which they may be in close contact. Such regulations overrule those made by members unless it can be shown to the IAO that those WHA regulations are insufficient in fulfilling the mandates of this section.

8. Interpretation. Members shall ascribe personhood to begin at birth. In this resolution, older resolutions overrule conflicting provisions of this resolution, singular words include the plural unless otherwise indicated, and section and list headings have no effect.

It is stupid laws like this that is why more NS nations are not apart of the General Assembly than in. Besides trying to force the murdering of the unborn children on nations and try to force them to pay for it, even for those sick nations supporting the murdering the unborn it should be up to each individual nation. As long as there are laws like this in place you can know many of us will refuse to join the WA and I encourage a mass exodus from the WA to no longer have to follow any WA laws or such.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Astrobolt wrote:

“The World Assembly has the right to mandate member states to fund abortion services because these nations voluntarily joined. If your country really has some ideological opposition towards bodily sovereignty, then there is nobody putting a gun to your leader’s head and making the nation stay. Independent nations have the right to decide many aspects of their national policy. However, I feel this debate has demonstrated that several do not consider bodily sovereignty a priority, which is why the WA has been forced to take action.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Keswickholt wrote:This proposal is an issue not for the World Assembly, but for the Nation.

I have spoken to the Federal Parliament and they have voted in favour of voting against this proposal on the grounds of National Sovereignty and not for any other reason.

My nation not only agrees with this view, but the Congress is actually debating wither or not to leave the World Assembly.

I fear the World Assembly is turning into the UN...

OOC: 1. Pretty sure it was intended to be the UN, hell it was once even called as such, until the real thing crashed the party.
2. Actually it was UN and now turning into the EU.
Last edited by Ardiveds on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Picairn wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Sure. Do better."

"Ok. Give us magic, then we will."

"Sounds like you need some competent administrators and economists, ambassador."

"That doesn't negate the issue of free rides for the rich."

"Ah, yes. A minority of people using free public transport for a relatively uncommon affliction. Truly the bane of our time."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Prussian-Germany wrote:
Anurial wrote:

"Why should we leave issues of moral significance to the whim of governments who are demonstrably willing to deny their people? Moreover, when nations join the World Assembly, they agree to obey the resolutions passed by that Assembly. That is where the WA gets the right to do this. If your funding is overburdened by military and police spending, perhaps spend less on the military and the police."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Great Latiko
Civilian

Founded: Mar 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Latiko » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:46 pm

The Great Latiko Delegation opposes this proposal and quite frankly is alarmed by such authoritative measures now being implemented by member nation of our great World Assembly. We, as a nation, have concluded that if future resolutions keep on being passed that not only limit national sovereignty but also begin to forcibly take national soil/land away to use for what suits them, Great Latiko will have no choice but to cut all ties with the World Assembly. Great Latiko already complies with past resolutions in regards to abortion and, in fact, already legalized the practice, within reason of course, so sees no reason for this proposal to even exist except as a tool of the Member Nations to force their own ideology onto others.

Now onto why Great Latiko so strongly opposes such legislation:

1. The greatest reason, Great Latiko will not comply with point 4 that being ("Clinics. WA Choice Plus is established and may construct, per section 5, clinics with funds assessed by the General Accounting Office from members in which there does not exist, in the view of the WACC, adequate access to abortion. Such clinics shall offer free and safe abortions to any recipient bona fide. All members must, however, contribute separately to WA Choice Plus in proportion to expenses incurred within their jurisdiction at such clinics for their upkeep and maintenance.") Great Latiko already has a large percentage of its budget dedicated to healthcare including abortion and the very thought of our land being taken by force, oh wait forgive "land donated" and being controlled by a sovereign power with no say by our government in how it should be ran is not only inherently oppressive but something we will not tolerate.

2. Point 2 states that ("Funding. Members must pay for or provide directly abortions, abortifacients, and contraceptives to any recipient bona fide within their jurisdiction upon request. Members must also provide a means to access such services and commodities speedily and free at the point of service or provision.") Great Latiko does not allow abortions "for free" and all citizens must pay for this medical procedure like they do for all other medical expenses (How much this payment is, is based on their income and thus adjusted accordingly, in simple terms the poorer you are the less you pay for any procedure). In truth, these "free" abortions would have to be paid for by taxes collected from citizens. Great Latiko has a unique tax collecting system where citizens may choose what percentage of their tax goes to what. Of course there are some exceptions such as a flat tax to national defense, but still the point remains that this proposal would force our citizens to divert their tax revenue into something they may not ideologically be aligned with. Thus, this breach of liberty to our people will inevitably create tension and God Forbid, may result in social unrest that the national government cannot even resolve considering it is being forced to accept these draconian resolutions by the General Assembly.

To conclude, while there are other tidbits of the proposal Great Latiko does not agree with, the delegation deems there is little else to say and wants to end our letter with the following:

Great Latiko is not a nation that likes to meddle in global affairs and ,in fact, believes all nations should rule themselves without foreign intervention. Being a nation of former freedom fighters against tyranny and oppression from abroad, our nation is proud to engage with other nations not only as equals but as friends, no matter how different their nations may be. For the sake of freedom and sovereignty, do not allow this proposal to pass, not because Great Latiko is ideologically opposed to abortion but because it cannot stand and watch as the General Assembly slowly turns more and more authoritarian and ends up as an organization that instead of promoting peace and cooperation between countries, promotes mob rule and force through the barrel of a gun/legislation.

OOC: Hello! This is Great Latiko's first ever post and as such I don't really know the rules of posting so if I post anything else it won't be as long and such. If you read all this, thank you for taking the time and be safe.
Last edited by Great Latiko on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives