NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Access to Abortion

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:35 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:We want to reiterate that this will not make it to vote

"Based on?"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:We want to reiterate that this will not make it to vote

"Based on?"

"It won't."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:37 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Based on?"

"It won't."

"Considering it very nearly did during the height of delegate fatigue, that seems a bold claim."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:39 pm

"Opposed."
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:39 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:"It won't."

"Considering it very nearly did during the height of delegate fatigue, that seems a bold claim."

Anderson: Ambassador Bell, that was for the Abortionplexes resolution, a risible joke proposed at roughly the time of year you would expect risible jokes to be submitted for the attention of delegates. This is a much more serious-looking... thingy doodah!
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:41 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:"It won't."

"I want to say this one more time, so that everyone in this building is clear -- United Massachusetts will do everything it can to make this monstrous legislation unthinkable. Those delegates wearing smug faces now ought to know that we will fight to the very end."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:44 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Considering it very nearly did during the height of delegate fatigue, that seems a bold claim."

"I want to say this one more time, so that everyone in this building is clear -- United Massachusetts will do everything it can to make this monstrous legislation unthinkable. Those delegates wearing smug faces now ought to know that we will fight to the very end."

"You've said as much, ambassador. I have heard similar vows regarding the repeal of Reproductive Freedoms. They did not come to pass. Why should this be any different?"

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:45 pm

Ambassador

"Opposed. This resolution is a blatant violation of the national sovereignty of members and prohibits even restricting abortions the hour before birth. Disgusting!"
Left Without Edge

Great Aethernia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Aethernia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:45 pm

While i do support this kind of proposal, i have a few suggestions regarding this matter. Say, some constructive criticisms if i may.

(Note that i have received proper education in literature and so, i'm criticizing based on the aspects of word-choice/syntax)

1. Regarding the so-called "Abortionplex", is there any better way to name this facility? If you are looking for approval, it might not be wise if you named it so. If my predictions is right, around 40-60% of WA will go against this resolution. Oh i'm sure that the controversial theme of abortion will spark interest, but this kind of naming would turn that spark to a wildfire in very short time. I do have a few suggestions for the alternatives, such as: Centers for Birth Control(CBC) or, Obsterics, Gynecology, and Abortion Center(OBGYNAC).

2. Regarding section 7(Health and Safety). In my opinion this partis the turning point in the voting process. You should either back this up with a reference to previous health and safety act, or provide a credible scientific research, survey, or findings. If you present some credible evidence within the resolution, it would help you greatly in gaining supporters who thinks with logic and not just supporters with personal agendas.

That is all i can give so far, if there's anyone who are opposed to my ideas and have a better one to present or would like to criticize based on the aspects of law and government, then i permit you and greatly encourage you to do so, as long as you provide logical explanations or credible facts. After all we're all civilized nation leaders here and not some uncultured or unmannered mobs.

Good day to you all.

Sincerely,

Kitscher Altay, King of the United Kingdom of Great Aethernia.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Ambassador

"Opposed. This resolution is a blatant violation of the national sovereignty of members and prohibits even restricting abortions the hour before birth. Disgusting!"

"Ambassador, had you bothered reading the compendium of passed law, you would know that other laws already have such requirements in this Assembly, and that national sovereignty is rarely a convincing argument."

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:48 pm

"Ambassador, had you bothered reading the compendium of passed law, you would know that other laws already have such requirements in this Assembly, and that national sovereignty is rarely a convincing argument."

"If we make a mistake once do we have a duty to somehow repeat and intensify it?"
Left Without Edge

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Ambassador, had you bothered reading the compendium of passed law, you would know that other laws already have such requirements in this Assembly, and that national sovereignty is rarely a convincing argument."

"If we make a mistake once do we have a duty to somehow repeat and intensify it?"

"Your analogy is confusing, since proposals cannot duplicate existing proposals. Insofar as it is a mistake, it is made. Insofar as the mistake is made, another identical mistake cannot be made without violating procedural rules."

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:50 pm

"And yet the Ambassador uses such arguments all the time."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Ambassador, had you bothered reading the compendium of passed law, you would know that other laws already have such requirements in this Assembly, and that national sovereignty is rarely a convincing argument."

"And yet the Ambassador uses such arguments all the time."

"And it is routinely unconvincing!"

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Great Aethernia wrote:1. Regarding the so-called "Abortionplex", is there any better way to name this facility? If you are looking for approval, it might not be wise if you named it so. If my predictions is right, around 40-60% of WA will go against this resolution. Oh i'm sure that the controversial theme of abortion will spark interest, but this kind of naming would turn that spark to a wildfire in very short time. I do have a few suggestions for the alternatives, such as: Centers for Birth Control(CBC) or, Obsterics, Gynecology, and Abortion Center(OBGYNAC).

"Ambassador, the monument that would be arisen from such a place would not be able to be adequately described by the word 'center.' No, such a hub deserves a spectacular name - hence, Abortionplex."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Morover wrote:
Great Aethernia wrote:1. Regarding the so-called "Abortionplex", is there any better way to name this facility? If you are looking for approval, it might not be wise if you named it so. If my predictions is right, around 40-60% of WA will go against this resolution. Oh i'm sure that the controversial theme of abortion will spark interest, but this kind of naming would turn that spark to a wildfire in very short time. I do have a few suggestions for the alternatives, such as: Centers for Birth Control(CBC) or, Obsterics, Gynecology, and Abortion Center(OBGYNAC).

"Ambassador, the monument that would be arisen from such a place would not be able to be adequately described by the word 'center.' No, such a hub deserves a spectacular name - hence, Abortionplex."

IC + OOC: "Or perhaps the proposing delegation wished to pass the most obscenely anti-fetal-rights resolution possible. Regardless of our stances on its legality, the Delegation from United Massachusetts believes abortion ought not to be trivialized -- it is a serious matter and a painful decision for many mothers. Resolutions like this seek to trivialize a serious societal tragedy, namely the perverse societal standards that effectively force mothers to allow the death of their own children. No mother should be put in that situation, and even if we believe abortion ought to be accessible, we shouldn't trivialize the real pain that abortion causes.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Morover wrote:"Ambassador, the monument that would be arisen from such a place would not be able to be adequately described by the word 'center.' No, such a hub deserves a spectacular name - hence, Abortionplex."

IC + OOC: "Or perhaps the proposing delegation wished to pass the most obscenely anti-fetal-rights resolution possible. Regardless of our stances on its legality, the Delegation from United Massachusetts believes abortion ought not to be trivialized -- it is a serious matter and a painful decision for many mothers. Resolutions like this seek to trivialize a serious societal tragedy, namely the perverse societal standards that effectively force mothers to allow the death of their own children. No mother should be put in that situation, and even if we believe abortion ought to be accessible, we shouldn't trivialize the real pain that abortion causes.

"Abortionplex is not trivializing of the issue at hand unless one makes it so."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Morover wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:IC + OOC: "Or perhaps the proposing delegation wished to pass the most obscenely anti-fetal-rights resolution possible. Regardless of our stances on its legality, the Delegation from United Massachusetts believes abortion ought not to be trivialized -- it is a serious matter and a painful decision for many mothers. Resolutions like this seek to trivialize a serious societal tragedy, namely the perverse societal standards that effectively force mothers to allow the death of their own children. No mother should be put in that situation, and even if we believe abortion ought to be accessible, we shouldn't trivialize the real pain that abortion causes.

"Perhaps it is merely a cultural disconnect? Perhaps our attitude comes off as trivializing to the United Massachusetts delegation? I am led to believe that we have very different cultural norms."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agarntrop 2
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop 2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Morover wrote:"Ambassador, the monument that would be arisen from such a place would not be able to be adequately described by the word 'center.' No, such a hub deserves a spectacular name - hence, Abortionplex."

"Hear, hear."
Agarntrop's new WA alt!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Agarntrop 2 wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:IC + OOC: "Or perhaps the proposing delegation wished to pass the most obscenely anti-fetal-rights resolution possible. Regardless of our stances on its legality, the Delegation from United Massachusetts believes abortion ought not to be trivialized -- it is a serious matter and a painful decision for many mothers. Resolutions like this seek to trivialize a serious societal tragedy, namely the perverse societal standards that effectively force mothers to allow the death of their own children. No mother should be put in that situation, and even if we believe abortion ought to be accessible, we shouldn't trivialize the real pain that abortion causes.

"Hear, hear."

OOC: Puppetwanking is frowned upon.

Agarntrop 2
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop 2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Agarntrop 2 wrote:"Hear, hear."

OOC: Puppetwanking is frowned upon.

Ooc: This not puppetwanking, although I admit it looks like it. This nation was created for a seperate (now redundant) purpose. My main nation is mainly focused on regional RPing, p2tm, and a bit of nsg on the side, so I withdrew it from the WA so I have a different account to focus on that sort of thing.
Agarntrop's new WA alt!

Great Aethernia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Aethernia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Morover wrote:

My friend, while i commend and applaud your bravery and spirit to help create such advances, i feel like i should ask this question: Would you risk another schism in the WA? Are you prepared for the backfire that it may bring? While i do support this resolution, i would not dare to cause another schism in the body of WA since my country had just been estabilished not too long ago. How can someone as green as me dare to stir up a maelstrom knowing that i will doom my fellow leaders and their people in the process?

Forgive me of my insolence, i felt like i have overstepped my bounds here.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Great Aethernia wrote:

My friend, while i commend and applaud your bravery and spirit to help create such advances, i feel like i should ask this question: Would you risk another schism in the WA? Are you prepared for the backfire that it may bring? While i do support this resolution, i would not dare to cause another schism in the body of WA since my country had just been estabilished not too long ago. How can someone as green as me dare to stir up a maelstrom knowing that i will doom my fellow leaders and their people in the process?

"Ambassador, I assure you that those who might reject the WA over this will not be missed, and do not number near the army they wish us to believe."

OOC: By my estimate, the players upset by this will, at worst, routinely submit repeals and wage campaigns in an attempt to exhaust us. A strategy that doesn't historically work.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:26 pm

Great Aethernia wrote:

"Ambassador, I assure you that those who might reject the WA over this will not be missed, and do not number near the army they wish us to believe."

"The irony, of course, is that the very people who would leave the WA are the ones this resolution would cause a tangible change to. The WA has no point if it becomes an echo-chamber. Its legislation would become worthless insofar as member nations would already have implemented the WA's will without the international body forcing it to. In short, a World Assembly without opposition means absolutely nothing."

Morover wrote:

"And the people who proposed this resolution certainly made it so. Consider:
  • the initial draft was submitted on April Fool's Day
  • the private chat server developed by the proposing delegations uses the "stonks" meme as its avatar
  • the initial resolution seeks to turn abortionplexes into resort casinos
No one is fooled here. This is a clear attempt to trivialise the serious suffering that abortion causes. It is no light-hearted decision to be made at a resort casino. Don't lie to our faces."
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sladerstan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sladerstan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:34 pm

You are going against the National Sovereignty of every nation, and deciding that they MUST allow abortion, although they may be against it. Would you like it if someone passed a proposal that made it illegal to be homosexual in every WA nation?

You're not doing something that I would support, or any others like me want done in our nations, you're doing something YOU support and want done in every single nation. You're forcing your views on every nation and deciding what they do within their borders is your business.

This isn't a proposal that many people will agree on, this is a proposal about pushing the leftist agenda on every single nation, regardless of their political views.

I am absolutely against this.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives