NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Twobagger

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Imperial Reich
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Imperial Reich » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:In what world is voting against in-game proposals commending your in-game enemies a reasonable course of action? Like how dare they just be able to vote against a proposal they disagree with!?

My god the Security Council is so corrupt these days smh.

I wouldn't really consider this a matter at all if I didn't see so many people vehemently refusing to commend Twobagger, for no reason other than "he switched sides". I've barely seen a legitimate point made against this commendation, just people who think Twobagger is somehow lesser of a person for playing the other side in a game. And I never said that the SC is corrupt, I just think 10KI having such significant influence over it is rather unfortunate, considering they seem to hold themselves to be morally superior for simply being defenders.
She/Her

Republica JIM
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica JIM » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:08 am

I vote against this commend but, why change so drasticly the vote??

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm

Republica JIM wrote:I vote against this commend but, why change so drasticly the vote??

Largely as a result of this post and its accompanying dispatch.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 pm

TSP decides they don’t like the nominee, so they create a convenient conspiracy, in order to discredit the author? Seems like this vote was stolen to me. Maybe we should petition the moderators to give us a recount?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Wayneactia wrote:TSP decides they don’t like the nominee, so they create a convenient conspiracy, in order to discredit the author? Seems like this vote was stolen to me. Maybe we should petition the moderators to give us a recount?

Well, the perpetrators of said conspiracy admit to as much, so it seems more inconvenient than fabricated. Overblown, perhaps, but still tangible.

I think this proposal's concept would work better at a later date, and if submitted by a different author.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:31 am

"Commend Twobagger" was defeated 7,750 votes to 6,833.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 am

Thank you to everyone who displayed support for the proposal and for Twobagger. Hopefully one day in the future someone else will able to take this on and give it another go.

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:15 am

The South Pacific ain't too happy......
bruz

Not affiliated with Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company
or any associated firms

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

The "Commend Twobagger" Controversy

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:26 am

The South Pacific is accusing The Black Hawks of apparent manipulation and exploitation of the Security Council to pass "Commend Twobagger." Should this be sent to the World Assembly?
It'd be hard though; the Black Hawks do seem pretty powerful and well-established.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1464909 - The S. Pacific's dispatch regarding the situation.
(I don't know, the Amorosan Communications Minister just read their dispatch and thought it should be at least debated. Now.

[proposal=]Should The Black Hawks and South Pacific regions face an inquiry into the whole "Commend Twobagger" controversy? [/proposal]
Last edited by Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
bruz

or any associated firms

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:35 am

I do however find The South Pacific's aggression towards TBH voters and ambassadors to be....a tad sus, to say the least.
bruz

or any associated firms

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Goobergunchia » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:[proposal=]Should The Black Hawks and South Pacific regions face an inquiry into the whole "Commend Twobagger" controversy? [/proposal]

What exactly would "an inquiry" mean in this context? I don't think the Security Council has the power to hold hearings.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?