NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Crushing Our Enemies

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 757
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:19 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Praeceps wrote:While both myself and other opponents of the resolution as written mentioned potential compromises (including Kuriko), unfortunately we were ignored. I would be willing to always discuss a compromise should Jakker be willing to revisit this resolution.

Your "compromise" was to omit everything he did before he was in TNP. That's absurd, and isn't a compromise. It's a surrender.

Wrong. Try reading my posts next time.

Praeceps wrote:I would prefer that if this material is included in the resolution it is phrased that COE is commendable despite his involvement in raider organizations, eg. Despite...
Last edited by Praeceps on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Strobemark
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Jan 11, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Strobemark » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 pm

Jhalpharezi wrote:Crushing Our Enemies

It is very fair what you said. Just understand this fact. It wasn't just defenders who voted it down. Voters like me were not defenders. Many do not like the fact that people on this site wreck others' regions for sport. This is not political or some partisan thing where people just want their way. People do not like the mechanic. That was the result's backdrop. Many people here paint this as if defenders are just playing the game and trying to stop some mortal enemy from the past. In actuality, the majority of voters just voiced their viewpoint that regional vandalism is not acceptable. You say award the commendation or don't. That's what happened.

So maybe it is time to just accept this and move on. I have no idea what raids you've done or who you led or when you left. I do know that raiding is vandalism. That is not from a defender, but someone who actually uses regions and forums for what they were made for. Whether that's RP, worldbuilding or simple socialization. I'm sick of seeing people worried anytime a founder goes inactive. Why should they have to wonder whether people will come in with higher numbers and mess everything up? Why is that accepted or legal? Why do site moderators encourage vandalism? How many people have quit the game or abandoned regions because of raider organizations? Those are bigger concerns than whether or not some raider gets a profile badge.

Vote for one raider, soon more will get commended. It just legitimizes the entire thing even more.


I second this ^ :clap:

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1371
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Libertarian Police State

Postby SherpDaWerp » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:30 pm

See, I don't get why everyone is saying that a Condemnation is inappropriate. Multiple times, it has been said that Condemnations are just "bad" badges of honor.
Northern Wood wrote:Yes, but it's a badge of honor, either way. One just has the flavor of being "good," while the other is flavored "bad." Most of the Condemnations you see in the SC are actually Commendations written with the IC coloring that the nation themselves has shown to prefer.
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:condemnation as a prestigious award and a badge of honor,
The Stalker wrote:Condemnations are seen as badges of honor


Surely, there should be no opposition to giving COE a "bad" badge of honour, given that they actively improved the bad guys?

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8269
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:55 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:Surely, there should be no opposition to giving COE a "bad" badge of honour, given that they actively improved the bad guys?

Kinda sorta. Things like improving script policies and accepting responsibility post-Predator wouldn't be considered Condemnable because it improved raiding in an OOC sense (and similar with the professionalism bit), while the actual condemnable actions would be more about service to the region as a specific entity (like the HoF clause, or the various positions).

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1371
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Libertarian Police State

Postby SherpDaWerp » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
SherpDaWerp wrote:Surely, there should be no opposition to giving COE a "bad" badge of honour, given that they actively improved the bad guys?

Kinda sorta. Things like improving script policies and accepting responsibility post-Predator wouldn't be considered Condemnable because it improved raiding in an OOC sense (and similar with the professionalism bit), while the actual condemnable actions would be more about service to the region as a specific entity (like the HoF clause, or the various positions).


So you could Condemn them for improving the raider militia of TNP and TBH. You could probably even frame the predator bit condemnably.
COE played a vital role in the foreign policy practices and regional responses of TBH in the aftermath of the Predator scandal, helping them to stay active while other raiding communities collapsed
Framing it like "they helped TBH stay raiding even while others stopped" sounds condemnable IC while still mentioning their positive impact on the community post-predator.
Last edited by SherpDaWerp on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8269
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:12 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Kinda sorta. Things like improving script policies and accepting responsibility post-Predator wouldn't be considered Condemnable because it improved raiding in an OOC sense (and similar with the professionalism bit), while the actual condemnable actions would be more about service to the region as a specific entity (like the HoF clause, or the various positions).


So you could Condemn them for improving the raider militia of TNP and TBH. You could probably even frame the predator bit condemnably.

I guess (though COE to my knowledge didn't do anything with TNP's military)
COE played a vital role in the foreign policy practices and regional responses of TBH in the aftermath of the Predator scandal, helping them to stay active while other raiding communities collapsed
Framing it like "they helped TBH stay raiding even while others stopped" sounds condemnable IC while still mentioning their positive impact on the community post-predator.

That would be a decent way to phrase it, though I'm still of the preference that it stay over on the Commend side.

Previous

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads