NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Apulita

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7207
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:17 am

Some minor stylistic corrections and suggestions:
"over numerous years" ---> "over numerous years, having previously"
"Apulitans" ---> either "Apulita's" or "Apulitan"
"Apulitia" ---> "Apulita"
"appealed" ---> either "appealed to" or "urged"

Almost full support:
1. What was EuroState?
2. It's obvious that Apulita's Longest Delegacy wasn't his first because you said earlier that he first took office in 2013, and it's obvious that he served as Delegate later because you talk about his service to WZEU in the Federation era.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

1 Issue:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

Cup of Harmony 73 CHAMPIONS

User avatar
Alnorud
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alnorud » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:04 am

Tinhampton wrote:Some minor stylistic corrections and suggestions:
"over numerous years" ---> "over numerous years, having previously"

An addition after "over numerous years" sounds like a good idea, I agree.
The only problem with it being that the past tense doesn't apply to the office of President of the Union, which is listed below this sentence, as Apulita is currently serving as such.

Tinhampton wrote:"Apulitans" ---> either "Apulita's" or "Apulitan"
"Apulitia" ---> "Apulita"

I will change these two to "Apulitan" and "Apulita", thank you for the corrections!

Tinhampton wrote:"appealed" ---> either "appealed to" or "urged"

I personally like the way it's written but not being a native speaker, I'm not fully sure how correct it is.
Would "Apulita appealed to the Warzone communities to cooperate" be a more correct way of writing it?
"Encouraged" could probably work as well.

Tinhampton wrote:Almost full support:
1. What was EuroState?
2. It's obvious that Apulita's Longest Delegacy wasn't his first because you said earlier that he first took office in 2013, and it's obvious that he served as Delegate later because you talk about his service to WZEU in the Federation era.

Well, first, thanks for the support!
[Short Name of the Warzone]State was the name given to Federal States of the Warzone Federation. Head of State was a de facto honorific office that was initially given to the Delegates that signed the Constitution, the title seems noteworthy as the Federation was pretty centralized in its early days so not many persons had this kind of titles.
The draft doesn't indicate the period over which lasted the Longest Delegacy of Apulita (Middle of 2014 to late 2016), only how long it lasted (823 days), both their first and Longest Delegacies happened under the same government though, which was the Dominion of Warzone Europe. So I'm not sure there is anything making their first Delegacy obvious in other clauses.
As for their latter Delegacies, only offices and titles are mentioned and while some of them does indicate that they served as Delegate again (Grand Duke of the Realm, President of the Union, Head of EuroState), there were also times under the Federation when Apulita wasn't serving as a regional leader and still remained Delegate, this being because a law reform removed the necessity for the President of the Federation to serve as Delegate of Warzone Europe and keeping Apulita as Delegate was helpful with regional security.
Last edited by Alnorud on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Amyral of the Amyralty of Warzone Asia
Proud Member of the New Pacific Order
Fourth President of the Warzone Federation
Secretary of Defense of the Warzone Federation
Senator of the Warzone Federation

WA Delegate of Warzone Asia (365+ Days)
Military Governor of Warzone Asia (December 2018 - June 2019)
WA Delegate of Warzone Europe (27 Days)

Warzoner of the Year, 2019
Warzone Military Operative of the Year, 2019
Delegate of Warzone Asia of the Year, 2019

User avatar
Alnorud
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alnorud » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:51 am

The proposal have been submitted with my nation Jean Rowe.
Thank you all for the suggestions and corrections!
Lord Amyral of the Amyralty of Warzone Asia
Proud Member of the New Pacific Order
Fourth President of the Warzone Federation
Secretary of Defense of the Warzone Federation
Senator of the Warzone Federation

WA Delegate of Warzone Asia (365+ Days)
Military Governor of Warzone Asia (December 2018 - June 2019)
WA Delegate of Warzone Europe (27 Days)

Warzoner of the Year, 2019
Warzone Military Operative of the Year, 2019
Delegate of Warzone Asia of the Year, 2019

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7207
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:06 am

The bulleted list doesn't make a lot of sense when read aloud - analogously, "I used to be employed at a lot of places, such as worked as a bartender at the local pub for a few weeks" - but I'll tolerate it and this still has my support. Sorry for not getting back to Alnorud sooner at all :p
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

1 Issue:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

Cup of Harmony 73 CHAMPIONS

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:44 am

While this looks like a solid proposal, I am surprised there was no mention of Asta in the clauses related to Warzone Europe. Perhaps it would diminish part of what you were saying, but it is highly unlikely that WZ Europe would have been safe with Apulita remaining in the delgacy for so long if it wasn't for her protection.
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Alnorud
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alnorud » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:58 am

Tinhampton wrote:Sorry for not getting back to Alnorud sooner at all :p

Haha, no worries! Some of your suggestions were pretty helpful in improving this proposal.

Jakker wrote:While this looks like a solid proposal, I am surprised there was no mention of Asta in the clauses related to Warzone Europe. Perhaps it would diminish part of what you were saying, but it is highly unlikely that WZ Europe would have been safe with Apulita remaining in the delgacy for so long if it wasn't for her protection.

The role of Astarial in providing security to Warzone Europe under the Dominion was technically already commended as her Commendation mentions the following:
Contends that Astarial’s leadership has brought peace and tranquility to Warzone Europe, a region previously plagued with unrest and military upheavals. Under Astarial’s direction, Warzone Europe has enjoyed a stable delegacy for the record period of six months.
The clause is indeed not updated, as the Dominion permitted far more than six months of stability, but I suppose that Astarial's role was technically already commended.
Last edited by Alnorud on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Amyral of the Amyralty of Warzone Asia
Proud Member of the New Pacific Order
Fourth President of the Warzone Federation
Secretary of Defense of the Warzone Federation
Senator of the Warzone Federation

WA Delegate of Warzone Asia (365+ Days)
Military Governor of Warzone Asia (December 2018 - June 2019)
WA Delegate of Warzone Europe (27 Days)

Warzoner of the Year, 2019
Warzone Military Operative of the Year, 2019
Delegate of Warzone Asia of the Year, 2019

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:28 am

Jakker wrote:While this looks like a solid proposal, I am surprised there was no mention of Asta in the clauses related to Warzone Europe. Perhaps it would diminish part of what you were saying, but it is highly unlikely that WZ Europe would have been safe with Apulita remaining in the delgacy for so long if it wasn't for her protection.

The role of Astarial in providing security to Warzone Europe under the Dominion was technically already commended as her Commendation mentions the following:
Contends that Astarial’s leadership has brought peace and tranquility to Warzone Europe, a region previously plagued with unrest and military upheavals. Under Astarial’s direction, Warzone Europe has enjoyed a stable delegacy for the record period of six months.
The clause is indeed not updated, as the Dominion permitted far more than six months of stability, but I suppose that Astarial's role was technically already commended.[/quote]

Ah yes, a fair point!
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Isaris
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jul 18, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Isaris » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:14 pm

"As a long-time friend to our nation, Isaris fully supports the commendation of Apulita."

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7207
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:22 am

To those of you wondering why Kuriko has voted against, it appears to be due to Jean Rowe managing to yeet the following campaign TG to every single WA nation, including XKI and Europe residents:
Code: Select all
[spoiler][b]Salutations dear nations of the World Assembly,[/b]

I am here today to ask you, if haven't already, to vote [b]FOR[/b] the proposal [b][url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=sc]Commend Apulita[/url][/b].

You may have been wondering why this proposal, despise being rather supported on the Security Council Forums, is now heading towards disapproval when it comes to the vote. This happened as two large Feeder regions voted very early against this proposal, leading to an initial majority of votes of more than 90% against (Now around 70% against), a majority that was then trusted by many voters. Due to the lack of debate on the SC Forums, I will address some of the concerns raised on regional forums and statement dispatches about this proposal in this telegram.

If needed, here is a summary of the historical and mechanical knowledge required to fully understand the debate around this proposal:
[spoiler=Historical and Mechanical Summary]Warzones are Game Created Regions founded in 2004 by game administrators, they remained empty sandboxes for years as they are meant to be raided and hardly stable. It was the case for every Warzones until [nation]Warzone Codger[/nation] successfully organized a Warzone community in [region]Warzone Airspace[/region] which held the region for more than a year, Codger was later Commended for their impressive run in this Warzone. What makes a Warzone hard to hold is that any person with Border Control authority (Would it be a Delegate or a Regional Officer) can ban every nations located in the Warzone without any influence cost and bans are only temporary there (Meaning raiders can raid again), this added to the lack of an executive Founder and the impossibility to put a regional password expect during Z-Day events makes a Warzone a difficult place to stabilize where all your work can be destroyed at any moment by a raid.

In 2013, the Dominion of [region]Warzone Europe[/region] was founded, a native government protected by [region]Equilism[/region] with [nation]Astarial[/nation] (From [region]Equilism[/region]) as Empress and [nation]Apulita[/nation] (From [region]Warzone Europe[/region]) as Governor. This government proved to be a success as it lasted from late 2013 to early 2018, which is probably the longest lasting period to this day for a Warzone government. In times when the Dominion was clearly threatened, [region]Equilism[/region] and [region]The North Pacific[/region] were usually deploying pilers to ensure the safety of this protectorate, which is why some regions claimed that a Commendation of [nation]Apulita[/nation] should reference the contributions of [region]The North Pacific[/region].

However it is important noting that [b]a Warzone protectorate requires work from both the protecting and the native sides[/b], Warzones are constantly under threat of being raided and even if piling operations from allies are useful, a Warzone protectorate could very well not last a single day if the native community does not work to improve their permanent defenses. It's also worth noting that [nation]Apulita[/nation] is usually considered to be a great diplomat (As noted in the proposal) and that Apulita had an important in preventing raids on [region]Warzone Europe[/region], or even Warzones at large in some cases like when The Association of Imperialism (A 2014-2015 Imperialist region) aimed to take over the Warzones and decided rather to befriend the Warzones after talks with Apulita.

[b]As a possible example of the influence of [nation]Apulita[/nation]'s work[/b] as Governor in Warzone Europe, it could be noted while Apulita's thousand days as Governor only saw one successful raid on the region, the protectorate was successfully raided at least three times in less than a year and a half after their resignation, leading to some occupations of Warzone Europe and destruction of their embassies. All of these events happened under the same Protectorate government, which makes the claim that [nation]Apulita[/nation] was not influential in preventing raids dubious.

[nation]Apulita[/nation] resigned from their role as Governor in late 2016, ending their Longest Delegacy and after 1,000 days as Delegate. After some time serving in the Internal Ministry, Apulita stopped playing Nationstates for a time. The Dominion ended in early 2018 after several raids which condemned the region's association with [region]Equilism[/region], as the success and afiliations of [region]Warzone Europe[/region] had made them an interesting target, Apulita later restored the native community under an independent government after coming back in late 2018. Most of the achievements of Apulita in getting the Warzone communities to cooperate then happened following their return (Founding of the Warzone Federation, [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1272640]preventing infighting after the Warzone Civil War[/url] and leading Warzones towards de facto and then formal cooperation under the [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1293039]Warzone Treaty[/url] most notably).[/spoiler]

The successive drafts of the proposal were posted on the Security Council Forums since October and only one short reference to The North Pacific was made during the debates around the draft, meaning that people thinking this proposal should directly reference their former allies did not voiced their concern at any time along the 8 months given to debate this proposal. It would certainly be worth noting that even now that the proposal is at vote, there still isn't much (if any actually) debate going on the Security Council Forums, which is saddening as I'm sure that more participation on the Forums can provide resolutions of a better quality.

I would also note that [b]Equilism and The North Pacific were already indirectly Commended[/b] for their work in Warzone Europe as the Commendation of the main actor in Warzone Europe's success on their side of the Equilism-Warzone Europe Treaty, was partially Commended because of this, as [nation]Astarial[/nation]'s Commendation recognizes her part in contributing to the fact that "[i]Warzone Europe has enjoyed a stable delegacy for the record period of six months[/i]", which, while an outdated one, it a recognition by the WA of her work for Warzone Europe.
The [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=147/council=2]Commend Astarial[/url] resolution also [b]does not include any reference to the work of the natives of Warzone Europe[/b] in participating in their region's stability, which makes me believe that affirming that an individual Commendation of Apulita (Which includes much more than only their work as Delegate under the Dominion) should be denied because of a lack of reference to their allies makes me believe that credits seems to be given in a one-sided way with this point of view.
Plus, statements asking for an individual Commendation to include credits only [i]after[/i] the proposal was submitted to the WA while there have been eight months of resolution drafting without showing any sign of opposition to the proposal, seems like pretty late suggestions which are certainly not helping to recognize the work of anyone in Warzone Europe's success.

Of course, I don't want to antagonize any region or any nation that are uncertain about the ability to credit part of this success to [nation]Apulita[/nation] but I am quite saddened to see former allies of the Dominion opposing a Commendation that [nation]Apulita[/nation] partially deserve (As their Longest Delegacy is only one part of the proposal, not all of it) thanks to their historical mutual work. I, however, disapprove this choice in this debate as it seems mainly motivated by regional interests and is in direct contradiction with other resolutions related to the Warzones, such as the one of [nation]Astarial[/nation] (Which clause's on Warzone Europe reference neither [region]Warzone Europe[/region] or [region]The North Pacific[/region]) or of [nation]Warzone Codger[/nation] (The founding father of Warzone communities who was Commended for their 365 Days Delegacy streak and has showed support to this proposal on the SC Forums).

To be clear there, this is [b]not[/b], and never been in my eyes, a proposal erasing The North Pacific's contributions, this is a proposal to recognize the underestimated contributions of a major actor in the Warzones' History.

If you are looking for other opinions on the matter, I would suggest this dispatch from The Rejected Realms on Pros and Cons, which provides a neutral summary on the debate around the proposal, as well as the recommendation of the UDS which is written from a Defender point of view.
[spoiler=Here are the links!]
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1389950 https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1389603[/spoiler]

Also, while I can understand this opinion, I disagree with the idea that at this proposal is doomed to fail at this point, nothing is settled yet as any vote against reconsidering their position makes this proposal twice closer to its success. As some would say, who tries nothing gets nothing and I'm willing to try if it's in order for a person that I deeply respect to get recognized for their work.

Finally, I would also like to thank everyone who showed support to this proposal, as while I didn't expected it to be this controversial, I didn't expected such diverse support once the vote headed toward disapproval, with Natives from several regions, fellow Warzoners, some Defender regions ([region]10000 Islands[/region] and the [region]The Union of Democratic States[/region]) or [nation]Isaris[/nation] (An historical member of Equilism showing support to this proposal despite this unexpected controversy was a warm sight to me considering their historical relationship with Warzone Europe!) all being in favor of this proposal.

Thank you for your time and with hopes to see [nation]Apulita[/nation] receiving this much deserved recognition from the World Assembly,
Sincerely,
[nation]Jean Rowe[/nation][/spoiler]
TOP TIP: If your proposal is receiving 30% support and you want it to pass, don't campaign in a manner that makes it plummet to 24% support almost immediately after you do it.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

1 Issue:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

Cup of Harmony 73 CHAMPIONS

User avatar
A World Assembly Member
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Nov 07, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby A World Assembly Member » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:06 am

(puppet here)
To be honest, no one want to read a lot of text. I'd prefer a tldr and then detail in the spoiler. That's the reason I am voting against.

The campaign tg is too long.
Last edited by A World Assembly Member on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mal Leecksia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: May 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mal Leecksia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:22 am

Apulita has worked to spread peace to it's countries region and has been a very active and peaceful nation, therefore I urge and recommend everybody part of the world assembly to vote yes for this proposal. Thank you Mal Leecksia.

User avatar
Superbunny
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 59
Founded: May 08, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Superbunny » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:17 pm

A World Assembly Member wrote:(puppet here)
To be honest, no one want to read a lot of text. I'd prefer a tldr and then detail in the spoiler. That's the reason I am voting against.

The campaign tg is too long.


Or you could just actually read the proposal and vote on its merits.
-Queen Ashley Ninelives the First
Anthropomorphic Cat Queen of Superbunny

The East won the West not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in giving native tribes fatal illness. Easterners often forget this fact; non-Easterners never do.

User avatar
Alnorud
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alnorud » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Tinhampton wrote:To those of you wondering why Kuriko has voted against, it appears to be due to Jean Rowe managing to yeet the following campaign TG to every single WA nation, including XKI and Europe residents:

As you already know, I wasn't aware about this kind of policies as this was my first proposal and I'm rather new to World Assembly voting, especially when it comes to writing proposals. The initial support of XKI was very much appreciated and I understand that they voted accordingly to their Regional policy, I'm just hoping that concerned regions will understand that I didn't had the intent to go against their Regional policies and that they wouldn't take it into account if another attempt to Commend Apulita comes to a vote.

Tinhampton wrote:TOP TIP: If your proposal is receiving 30% support and you want it to pass, don't campaign in a manner that makes it plummet to 24% support almost immediately after you do it.

Honestly, I hadn't that much hopes that this proposal would pass after the votes got stabilized around 30% For, even with this telegram.
However, probably more than whether it would fail with 49% or 26% of votes For, I do care about explaining why I consider Apulita to be commendable to the people interested in this debate, especially since there wasn't any arguing going on in this thread during the vote period.

As you can guess, I did wanted it to pass, but rather than letting the proposal fail without any debate and letting people think that Apulita isn't worth a Commend, I think that precisely explaining my point of view (I wasn't expecting everyone to read it all obviously, so hats off to the ones who did read it to make an opinion for themselves) as well as why a majority voted against this proposal despite the nominee's works sounds fairer to me. So yeah, if you're likely to lose in any case, at least do it with some panache.

Oh and thanks for posting the Campaign telegram by the way, at least forum diggers will actually understand what happened with the votes despite the lack of arguing against this proposal on the Security Council Forums during the vote period.

A World Assembly Member wrote:(puppet here)
To be honest, no one want to read a lot of text. I'd prefer a tldr and then detail in the spoiler. That's the reason I am voting against.

The campaign tg is too long.

I mean, I understand this as I'm a slow reader myself but in case that, abstaining sounds like a more logical choice.

Superbunny wrote:
A World Assembly Member wrote:(puppet here)
To be honest, no one want to read a lot of text. I'd prefer a tldr and then detail in the spoiler. That's the reason I am voting against.
I wanted people interested to be able to have an actual idea of what this vote was about, giving them additional links and put Historical and Mechanical explations in Spoilers. As said above, the vote was unlikely to pass anyway so what I would say in this telegram mattered tome more than whether or not it was too long

The campaign tg is too long.


Or you could just actually read the proposal and vote on its merits.

Thank you.
Last edited by Alnorud on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Amyral of the Amyralty of Warzone Asia
Proud Member of the New Pacific Order
Fourth President of the Warzone Federation
Secretary of Defense of the Warzone Federation
Senator of the Warzone Federation

WA Delegate of Warzone Asia (365+ Days)
Military Governor of Warzone Asia (December 2018 - June 2019)
WA Delegate of Warzone Europe (27 Days)

Warzoner of the Year, 2019
Warzone Military Operative of the Year, 2019
Delegate of Warzone Asia of the Year, 2019

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7207
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 pm

"Commend Apulita" was defeated 11,713 votes to 4,156.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

1 Issue:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

Cup of Harmony 73 CHAMPIONS

User avatar
Boda
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 483
Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boda » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:06 pm

What happened here? Do people just hate warzoners?
Add this in your signature if you advocate for legal cannibalism!

Join Tenochtitlan today!
A mean old man wrote:Arguments with Unibot are circular, just like his flag. "The only winning move is not to play."
Outer Acharet wrote:Boda is not a nation. Boda is a state of mind.

User avatar
Rossiyaana
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 102
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Rossiyaana » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:31 pm

Boda wrote:What happened here? Do people just hate warzoners?

I believe Kuriko-- and maybe as a result WALL-- voted against because Alno violated XKI's WA campaign law.
New Pacific Order
WA Squad | Legio Pacifica | Culture Committee | Praetorian Guard
Delegate Emeritus of Warzone Europe
Former Speaker of the House and Secretary of Immigration of the Warzone Federation
Warzone Politician of the Year, 2019

User avatar
Kuriko
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1289
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:20 am

Rossiyaana wrote:
Boda wrote:What happened here? Do people just hate warzoners?

I believe Kuriko-- and maybe as a result WALL-- voted against because Alno violated XKI's WA campaign law.

XKI isn't a member of WALL.
WA Secretary-General
TITO Tactical Officer of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1692
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:31 am

Boda wrote:What happened here? Do people just hate warzoners?

TNP were annoyed that they didn’t get the credit due for helping protect WZEU. Also the telegram annoyed XKI so they changed their vote, basically putting the vote into its grave. A shame though, this was a good proposal.
Honeydewistania (Nation mostly does not represent real life views.)

Retired Regional Military Director of Lazarus
Posts OOC unless marked otherwise.
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira

The MT Army Warrior
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
GA#494 Regulating Desalination
GA#498 Ban on Forced Blood Sports
GA#502 Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"
GA#507 Repeal "Promotion of Recycling"
GA#511 Ensuring Effectual Recycling

SC#315 Commend Vippertooth33
SC#320 Condemn Noahs Second Country
SC#324 Commend The Red Fleet

User avatar
Praeceps
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 462
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Praeceps » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Boda wrote:What happened here? Do people just hate warzoners?

TNP were annoyed that they didn’t get the credit due for helping protect WZEU. Also the telegram annoyed XKI so they changed their vote, basically putting the vote into its grave. A shame though, this was a good proposal.

It's not about credit—it is disputing the role that Apulita had in securing the region. Even if it was noted in the resolution that a large part of security was through the alliances, I still don't think Apulita is commendable.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1692
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:41 am

Praeceps wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:TNP were annoyed that they didn’t get the credit due for helping protect WZEU. Also the telegram annoyed XKI so they changed their vote, basically putting the vote into its grave. A shame though, this was a good proposal.

It's not about credit—it is disputing the role that Apulita had in securing the region. Even if it was noted in the resolution that a large part of security was through the alliances, I still don't think Apulita is commendable.

That’s fair
Honeydewistania (Nation mostly does not represent real life views.)

Retired Regional Military Director of Lazarus
Posts OOC unless marked otherwise.
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira

The MT Army Warrior
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
GA#494 Regulating Desalination
GA#498 Ban on Forced Blood Sports
GA#502 Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"
GA#507 Repeal "Promotion of Recycling"
GA#511 Ensuring Effectual Recycling

SC#315 Commend Vippertooth33
SC#320 Condemn Noahs Second Country
SC#324 Commend The Red Fleet

User avatar
Boda
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 483
Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boda » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:07 am

Rossiyaana wrote:
Boda wrote:What happened here? Do people just hate warzoners?

I believe Kuriko-- and maybe as a result WALL-- voted against because Alno violated XKI's WA campaign law.

Oh come on
Add this in your signature if you advocate for legal cannibalism!

Join Tenochtitlan today!
A mean old man wrote:Arguments with Unibot are circular, just like his flag. "The only winning move is not to play."
Outer Acharet wrote:Boda is not a nation. Boda is a state of mind.

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1692
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 am

Boda wrote:
Rossiyaana wrote:I believe Kuriko-- and maybe as a result WALL-- voted against because Alno violated XKI's WA campaign law.

Oh come on

Why? They have every right to do so
Honeydewistania (Nation mostly does not represent real life views.)

Retired Regional Military Director of Lazarus
Posts OOC unless marked otherwise.
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira

The MT Army Warrior
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
GA#494 Regulating Desalination
GA#498 Ban on Forced Blood Sports
GA#502 Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"
GA#507 Repeal "Promotion of Recycling"
GA#511 Ensuring Effectual Recycling

SC#315 Commend Vippertooth33
SC#320 Condemn Noahs Second Country
SC#324 Commend The Red Fleet

User avatar
Alnorud
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alnorud » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:51 am

Rossiyaana wrote:I believe Kuriko-- and maybe as a result WALL-- voted against because Alno violated XKI's WA campaign law.

Around half of the WALL Delegates had voted against before the telegram was sent and the other ones still abstained after it, including Europe surprisingly.
Only XKI, which as Kuriko said is not part of the WALL, switched their region's vote accordingly to their Regional policy.

Praeceps wrote:It's not about credit—it is disputing the role that Apulita had in securing the region. Even if it was noted in the resolution that a large part of security was through the alliances, I still don't think Apulita is commendable.

Well, that's your personal opinion, on which we disagree. However the recommendation of The North Pacific does not state whether Apulita is commendable or not, it mainly gives a few suggestions (Such as explaining what Apulita did in their various roles), state their opinion that it relies too much on their Longest Delegacy (Which is debatable since it's a unique case in NS History and only two clauses reference it as their main points) and say that the Dominion's allies should be mentioned because of their piling operations and Protectorate agreement.

Honeydewistania wrote:
Boda wrote:Oh come on

Why? They have every right to do so

Yes, Honesdewistania.
It's their right do act accordingly to their WA policies and I just hope that this incident wouldn't be taken into account if a Commendation of Apulita comes to vote again at some point. The fact that a majority of citizens on their Forum voted in favor of this proposal is already very much appreciated and I think expecting an exception to their policy would be too much to ask.
Last edited by Alnorud on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Amyral of the Amyralty of Warzone Asia
Proud Member of the New Pacific Order
Fourth President of the Warzone Federation
Secretary of Defense of the Warzone Federation
Senator of the Warzone Federation

WA Delegate of Warzone Asia (365+ Days)
Military Governor of Warzone Asia (December 2018 - June 2019)
WA Delegate of Warzone Europe (27 Days)

Warzoner of the Year, 2019
Warzone Military Operative of the Year, 2019
Delegate of Warzone Asia of the Year, 2019

User avatar
Praeceps
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 462
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Praeceps » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Praeceps wrote:It's not about credit—it is disputing the role that Apulita had in securing the region. Even if it was noted in the resolution that a large part of security was through the alliances, I still don't think Apulita is commendable.

Well, that's your personal opinion, on which we disagree. However the recommendation of The North Pacific does not state whether Apulita is commendable or not, it mainly gives a few suggestions (Such as explaining what Apulita did in their various roles), state their opinion that it relies too much on their Longest Delegacy (Which is debatable since it's a unique case in NS History and only two clauses reference it as their main points) and say that the Dominion's allies should be mentioned because of their piling operations and Protectorate agreement.
It is my personal opinion which it would appear that a large number of other individuals share.

The recommendation of The North Pacific is not always representative of the position of the voters determining the Delegate's vote. In this case, only one other individual put out an argument and that was that Apulita had no done enough to be commendable. Two other posters explicitly agreed with the arguments advanced. The ten other Against voters just stated their vote. So there is at least a sizeable amount of others individiuals agreeing that Apulita is not commendable.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Apulita
Envoy
 
Posts: 281
Founded: Aug 01, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Apulita » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 pm

I'm very much a realist when it comes to NS Gameplay so I'd say the fact that the proposal was rejected was enough evidence to support the claim that I was not commendable at this time. Nonetheless an honour to be nominated and thanks to those who supported the proposal - hopefully some day in the future I'll have made achievements worth commending.
Citizen of Warzone Europe
Editor in Chief of The Warzone Inquirer

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads