NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Kyrusia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:57 pm

New Quebecois wrote:This doesn't make any sense. The accused nation doesn't appear to have done anything inherently wrong. It looks like a roleplay grudge.

I don't think it's a rp grudge.

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:14 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Confederation of the Equator wrote:I would argu but th lttr was takn away, anyway I bliv that Kyrusia should bcaus

Bro, can you write without the spelling mistakes? Knock it off. Now.

Anyways...

Vanquaria will suport condemn yes cuz bad kyusia. But vanquarian people kno no vote cus vanquarian government opress people so vanquarian government instead represt vanwuarian people and support vote

P.S. security council? How do i jojn never play wa bfor cuz big sinker delgets always got many many votes and i only 1 vote L(

PSS. Never read any rp post from top mod b4 btw so dont know if they are actually a top rp antagonist. Do they ban E at least?

Hello, I've acquired a temporary 'E' pass, so I can now talk freely
What I wanted to say is
where the fuck is my ground support

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:22 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Confederation of the Equator wrote:Hello, I've acquired a temporary 'E' pass, so I can now talk freely
What I wanted to say is

You seem know alot about Kyrusia, I can tell stranger. Got any rp post examples to show me or should I trust the word of Yohannes that Kyrusia is really good at rping.

Yours dearly,
Banq

Yes I consider myself a Kyrusiologist, so I am a top researcher in the subject.
If you want great examples, you can just

Ghosteria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghosteria » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:41 am

In my view this proposal is inappropriate for several reasons:

1. It's almost entirely based on this nation's RP

2. Almost every other Condemnation (that I've seen) has shown how the nation being condemned has deeply wronged many different regions and nation's. This condemnation almost exclusively outlines things done within this nation's RP.

3. It has improper and inappropriate language for a condemnation on the stage of the Security Council.

Ghosteria give absolutely no support.
Our glorious leader is Alexander Magnus Fritz the Defender of Ghosteria. He is our fair dictator and the one who led our rebellion against a tyrannical government.

My nation is a:
-Tech Tier 12 Civilization
-Arcane Level 7 Civilization
-Influence Type 7 Civilization
According to this index.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 am

100% in favor.

Kyru is most condemnable.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:06 am

Ghosteria wrote:In my view this proposal is inappropriate for several reasons:

1. It's almost entirely based on this nation's RP

2. Almost every other Condemnation (that I've seen) has shown how the nation being condemned has deeply wronged many different regions and nation's. This condemnation almost exclusively outlines things done within this nation's RP.

3. It has improper and inappropriate language for a condemnation on the stage of the Security Council.

Ghosteria give absolutely no support.

I think you have some misconceptions about condemnations.

Condemnations are not bad. They’re essentially commendations for people who excel at either RP’ing as evil or raiding/couping ("evil" gameplay). Condemning nations that RP well but RP as "bad guys" deserve to be recognized. But they are too "evil" to be commended, so instead they are condemned.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 am

Confederation of the Equator wrote:If you want great examples, you can just
Confederation of the Equator wrote:What I wanted to say is
Confederation of the Equator wrote:I would argu but th lttr was takn away, anyway I bliv that Kyrusia should bcaus

If you write any more deliberately broken and/or unfinished posts, I'm warning you for spamming. The joke wasn't funny once, and it'd definitely not worth repeating.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 am

All condemnations are based on roleplay because no one in this game (who is worthy of a condemn at least) is actually IRL an evil person (I hope, optimism runs strong in this one). All "evil" in game actions are IC (In Character) and therefore roleplay.

This would be a fun proposal and Mall should be condemned next for promoting the Baby Shark dance. Truly diabolically evil and a bane to Osiris' reputation that one.
Last edited by Escade on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: [AT VOTE] Condemn Kyrusia

Postby Yohannes » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:24 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
I recall roleplayer nations being condemned because they deserved it. Roleplaying is a bigger game on NS than actual gameplay so its still playing the game albeit playing it better because you can accurately play a nationstate in almost every way possible in almost every scenario possible.

PS. On phone atm ezcuse my speling mustakes

That’s an understandable point of view.

To me, National and Regional Gameplaying—that is, Gameplay and Got Issues?—is a bigger game on NationStates, because more NationStates players are involved in them than NationStates forum roleplaying. In the case of many very casual NationStates players, this is especially true for “Issues” gaming.

That said, I’ve always considered myself first and foremost a NationStates fictional writer (roleplayer and worldbuilder). I made my views clear on the first page of this thread. To reiterate my position, I concur in the opinion of some of my fellow board posters (especially Prae and The North Pacific forum posters) that the player Kyrusia merits a solid World Assembly commendation/condemnation for their NationStates achievements—but this Resolution At Vote as it stands is not it.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Yohannes wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
I recall roleplayer nations being condemned because they deserved it. Roleplaying is a bigger game on NS than actual gameplay so its still playing the game albeit playing it better because you can accurately play a nationstate in almost every way possible in almost every scenario possible.

PS. On phone atm ezcuse my speling mustakes

That’s an understandable point of view.

To me, National and Regional Gameplaying—that is, Gameplay and Got Issues?—is a bigger game on NationStates, because more NationStates players are involved in them than NationStates forum roleplaying. In the case of many very casual NationStates players, this is especially true for “Issues” gaming.

That said, I’ve always considered myself first and foremost a NationStates fictional writer (roleplayer and worldbuilder). I made my views clear on the first page of this thread. To reiterate my position, I concur in the opinion of some of my fellow board posters (especially Prae and The North Pacific forum posters) that the player Kyrusia merits a solid World Assembly commendation/condemnation for their NationStates achievements—but this Resolution At Vote as it stands is not it.

Is this according to your light or dark side?
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Octicarg
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Octicarg » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:19 pm

Iä! Iä! Overgoat fhtagn!

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm

New Octicarg wrote:Iä! Iä! Overgoat fhtagn!

OOC: I'm guessing that is a HP Lovecraft reference

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:39 pm

I thought mods couldn't be condemned when they are moderators.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

New Octicarg
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Octicarg » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:
New Octicarg wrote:Iä! Iä! Overgoat fhtagn!

OOC: I'm guessing that is a HP Lovecraft reference

OOC: I cannot confirm nor deny this.

Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018

Postby Eumaeus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:46 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:I thought mods couldn't be condemned when they are moderators.

1. You cannot commend or condemn members of the site staff... for actions taken as part of their role.

Moderators can't be commended/condemned for their actions as moderators, but everything else they do is fair game.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:27 am

"The Cult of the Overgoat is a threat to the ensuing security of NationStates. Delegates, preemptive action MUST be taken!"

The High Delegate to the Confederation puts down his speech, chuckling, and casts an affirmative vote just for the meme.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

The Greater Gothic Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gothic Empire » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Greater Gothica approves of his condemnation, upon hearing of this debacle.
Last edited by The Greater Gothic Empire on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GREATER GOTHIC EMPIRE
MAGNVM GOTHICVM IMPERIVM
"Je Dio ni fidas"

Qualvista
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qualvista » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 am

The Royal World Estate formally abstains this vote. We would be voting in favour, but it appears the resolution has some issues (that have been mentioned previously). However we do not believe the resolution was submitted with any ulterior or malicious intent, so we will decline from voting against it.
Office of the Ambassador
Qualvistan Mission to the World Assembly
517 Sparrowhawk Drive, Brazilianite
Royal World Estate of Qualvista

Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018

Postby Eumaeus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:39 am

"Condemn Kyrusia" was defeated 10,822 votes to 1,516.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:28 pm

my son will be avenged....dun dun dun....

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives