NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alinn
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:This Proposal violates Freedom of Religion, as it is forcing religious members of WA to accept what is against their beliefs. You can expect that I am very much Against this vote.

Ambassador LeBlanc raises his eyebrows and brings his mouth to his microphone.

"Ambassador, I may believe you have misinterpreted the responsibility of government in that during effective governance, the citizens are presented with the freedom to do what they may, of course within a parameter of restriction. This piece of legislation is not requiring governments to declare their belief and support for these rights, despite an unconvincing argument to do so, yet it is responsible for ensuring that citizens are protected in their right to seek affordable and effective reproductive healthcare. In this instance, it deals with transgender and gender non-binary based procedures and therapies. I see no violation of freedom of religion here nor a requirement of 'acceptance' within this bill. This bill is only requiring your nation to treat those who are transgender/non-binary that wish to make medical decisions for themselves, as they should be able to, the unequivocal right to do so. Allow me to ask you, Ambassador. Are men allowed to seek doses of testosterone in your nation? Are women allowed to seek doses of estrogen in your nation? If the answer to either of those questions is yes, then what allows you the right to deny someone else that exact same or comparatively similar procedural right?

I yield the remainder of my time."
President Gabriella Sindevir of the Armed Republic of Alinn
Proudly Serving Alinn since August 2020 // Chairwoman of the Democratic Party
National Ambassador to the World Assembly

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Hatterleigh votes AGAINST for the following reasons
•Affordable is not properly specified, and what is "affordable" compared to what isn't is relative depending on the current financial sitiuation of the region or state in question

•Transgender Individual is also ill-defined. Should this be limited to people who have been diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria by a doctor and are over the age of 18, and have been prescribed hormone therapy by a doctor in attempt to ease depression, anxiety, and other related mental conditions that arose as a result of Gender Dysphoria or G.D. Related issues, Hatterleigh would likely vote to pass the bill

•The submission of statements as fact, when statements #1 and #2 rely on semantics and personal definitions of key words and phrases.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm

A Cornstar wrote:Gender is the new fursona. I'll ignore it because it's a. not real, and b. totes gross. Given sex is not gender it can and should be regulated by different standards. I'd just as soon accept AIDS burgers for school lunches as I would "reassignment"(Bahometism)

OOC: It tracks that you're in school still with edginess like that.

IC: "Whether something is "gross" or not is a piss-poor reason to ban it."

Thorackistan wrote:IC: "The Supreme Dictator fails to see how people of this sort should be getting medication that is NOT for the treatment of psychosis. We do not tolerate these ideas in Thorackistan. We have a healthcare system that provides psychotherapies and medications for the treatment of such diseases. :ugeek: "

"Because it isn't a psychosis."

Otaku Stratus wrote:I've never been more disappointed in you, NS.
Looking forward to the repeal.

OOC: Odin forbid we help vulnerable populations feel accepted.
Morover wrote:"Ambassador, it would appear that you are already in violation of GAR#91, as well as several other resolutions. I suggest you reevaluate your national policies, in order to come better in compliance with World Assembly resolutions. We don't want any lengthy trials on our hands, now, do we?"

"Ambassador, don't waste your breath. The Scherzingerian delegation has rarely, if ever, succeeded in making an argument of justifiable policy. Their ambassador's one trick is just baiting others with outrageous statements. I live in hope that, one day, the Scherzingerian government will send an ambassador capable of crafting a legal argument and not just proverbially rubbing their ass on the resolution-at-vote. Until then, I can only assume that the Scherzingerian government writ large has all the same political acumen as their disaster of a representative.

OOC: Scherzinger doesn't care to debate. Just rile you up. I promise you that ignoring them is your best bet. After all, they're utterly powerless to effect meaningful opposition.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Postby Hatterleigh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Saciu wrote:Gender dysphoria is a mental condition, though debatably not an illness. GD is 100% required to be trans. The best way to treat GD is through physical and social transition.

How can you know if someone is truly undergoing gender dysphoria, and is not just undergoing hormone therapy as a result of trauma, non-G.D. related mental health issues, sexual deviance, or any sort of outside influence?

Also, if it's a mental condition and it needs to be treated with unorthodox means, lest the individual suffer psychological issues, then it is a mental illness.
Last edited by Hatterleigh on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Postby Hatterleigh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
A Cornstar wrote:Gender is the new fursona. I'll ignore it because it's a. not real, and b. totes gross. Given sex is not gender it can and should be regulated by different standards. I'd just as soon accept AIDS burgers for school lunches as I would "reassignment"(Bahometism)

Thorackistan wrote:IC: "The Supreme Dictator fails to see how people of this sort should be getting medication that is NOT for the treatment of psychosis. We do not tolerate these ideas in Thorackistan. We have a healthcare system that provides psychotherapies and medications for the treatment of such diseases. :ugeek: "

Otaku Stratus wrote:I've never been more disappointed in you, NS.
Looking forward to the repeal.

Morover wrote:"Ambassador, it would appear that you are already in violation of GAR#91, as well as several other resolutions. I suggest you reevaluate your national policies, in order to come better in compliance with World Assembly resolutions. We don't want any lengthy trials on our hands, now, do we?"

"Ambassador, don't waste your breath. The Scherzingerian delegation has rarely, if ever, succeeded in making an argument of justifiable policy. Their ambassador's one trick is just baiting others with outrageous statements. I live in hope that, one day, the Scherzingerian government will send an ambassador capable of crafting a legal argument and not just proverbially rubbing their ass on the resolution-at-vote. Until then, I can only assume that the Scherzingerian government writ large has all the same political acumen as their disaster of a representative.

OOC: Scherzinger doesn't care to debate. Just rile you up. I promise you that ignoring them is your best bet. After all, they're utterly powerless to effect meaningful opposition.

OoC: Odin forbid? The norse folk religion is pretty antithetical to modern liberal thought.
Last edited by Hatterleigh on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Savoir wrote:
Morover wrote:"The proposal doesn't mandate the use of hormone therapy, it simply requires the option to be out there for transgender individuals.

"I should instead have said that the proposal mandates that governments provide the option of hormone therapy for transgender individuals."

" 'Legalizes hormone therapy' has essentially the same effect."
Morover wrote:"I fail to see how one wishes to go about treating gender dysphoria should be up to their government - it should be made as a personal decision, no?"

"We do not believe this. In our view, it is not good for a government to make available a treatment that we have reason to believe is potentially harmful."

"Then we disagree on that matter. An individual should be allowed to undergo a 'potentially harmful' treatment (which hormone therapy is not, by the way), should they wish to undergo it. I see no reason to deny them this right."

-

Hatterleigh wrote:Hatterleigh votes AGAINST for the following reasons
•Affordable is not properly specified, and what is "affordable" compared to what isn't is relative depending on the current financial sitiuation of the region or state in question

"It has been discussed in this thread, and it is the general consensus that 'affordable' is rather self-explanatory. To put it in simple terms, it means that the maximum pricing is where a vast majority (and preferably all) of those who need it can afford it without undergoing hardship that they wouldn't have undergone otherwise. It seems unreasonable that a nation can not do these things and still claim to be making it 'affordable' with good faith."

•Transgender Individual is also ill-defined. Should this be limited to people who have been diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria by a doctor and are over the age of 18, and have been prescribed hormone therapy by a doctor in attempt to ease depression, anxiety, and other related mental conditions that arose as a result of Gender Dysphoria or G.D. Related issues, Hatterleigh would likely vote to pass the bill

" 'Transgender Individual' is fairly self-explanatory. It was originally defined in one of the first drafts, but it was decided that unnecessary definitions should be omitted, if possible."

•The submission of statements as fact, when statements #1 and #2 rely on semantics and personal definitions of key words and phrases.

"Statements #1 and #2 are fact."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Savoir
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Savoir » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Morover wrote:" 'Legalizes hormone therapy' has essentially the same effect."

"Mandating that governments simply legalize hormone replacement therapy is not the same as requiring governments to make hormone replacement therapy accessible and affordable."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:

OoC: Odin forbid? The norse folk religion is pretty antithetical to modern liberal thought.

OOC: And?

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:My cousin in female to male transgender. He has a beard, no breasts, a mustache, chest hair; he's male in all sense except genitals (and even then, he is getting surgery to get male genitalia).

OOC: Tell your cousin that he's an awesome guy, and that another transguy sends a hello. :D

Unsurprisingly, I've voted for.

Kolm wrote:Nobody's going to point out that no substantial evidence to support the extraordinary claim that transgender people are the gender to which they claim to be?

OOC: Except there being actual proof of brain structure and functioning more often than not corresponding with the gender the person perceives they are, rather than the one they were assigned at birth? That's something that happens when you're still a fetus, it's not something you can fake. In fact, fetal development stage is overwhelmingly being more and more proven to be the part of development when something happens that flips the mental switch into a different position than in cisgender peeps.

(A note that the brain structure thing is not a cause for the gender misalignment, as a cisgender person may have opposite gender's brain structure, without it affecting their sense of gender. Human minds and brains are complicated.)

I once had a conversation with another person that said "Genderfluid people exist because they say genderfluid exists," which is a terrible mindset

Oh you mean like how higher mathematics exists only because mathematicians say it does? Or how laws exist simply because people made them up? Categorizing people is always difficult, because everything exists in a greyscale continuum, not simple black and white blocks. Human minds have trouble with continuums, so we prefer to chop it up into manageable sized bits with clear hue changes between them. That is artificial. If genderfluid is too difficult a concept for you, then think in terms of "male, female and other". And let people call themselves whatever they want. It's no skin off your nose.
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Postby Hatterleigh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Morover wrote:"Then we disagree on that matter. An individual should be allowed to undergo a 'potentially harmful' treatment (which hormone therapy is not, by the way), should they wish to undergo it. I see no reason to deny them this right."

"How is this a right? Humans did not have these pills in nature. In no religious book does it bestow upon the people these fruits."

Hatterleigh wrote:Hatterleigh votes AGAINST for the following reasons

"It has been discussed in this thread, and it is the general consensus that 'affordable' is rather self-explanatory. To put it in simple terms, it means that the maximum pricing is where a vast majority (and preferably all) of those who need it can afford it without undergoing hardship that they wouldn't have undergone otherwise. It seems unreasonable that a nation can not do these things and still claim to be making it 'affordable' with good faith."

"Hmm. And if a nation is unable to afford this?"

" 'Transgender Individual' is fairly self-explanatory. It was originally defined in one of the first drafts, but it was decided that unnecessary definitions should be omitted, if possible."

"It isn't though. It is unfortunate that it was omitted, it should have stayed in."

"Statements #1 and #2 are fact."

"Whether they are or aren't fact is based on on how you define certain terms in the statements."
Last edited by Hatterleigh on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fushiya
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Fushiya » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Though we are new to these halls and but a small nation, we cannot condone such absurdities that go against nature.
Our progressive scheme of corrective surgery upon those who chose to repent against this phenomenon has proven to be quite positive.
We are but a happy few who like it to be kept as what we were granted since the Beginning.
"How can an atheist look upon nature and deny the existence of something greater than ourselves?"-Grandfather Marty of Fushiya

-None greater than God-

Ravib
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 24, 2018

Postby Ravib » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 pm

no
please help im getting taken hostaag

Ohnotheyarehere

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Morover wrote:"Then we disagree on that matter. An individual should be allowed to undergo a 'potentially harmful' treatment (which hormone therapy is not, by the way), should they wish to undergo it. I see no reason to deny them this right."

"How is this a right? Humans did not have these pills in nature. In no religious book does it bestow upon the people these fruits."

"Neither nature nor religion is the origin of essential rights. People are the genesis of rights."
"Hmm. And if a nation is unable to afford this?"

"Provisions in other resolutions permit the GA to aid nations struggling, in good faith, with funding their health system."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Fushiya wrote:Though we are new to these halls and but a small nation, we cannot condone such absurdities that go against nature.
Our progressive scheme of corrective surgery upon those who chose to repent against this phenomenon has proven to be quite positive.
We are but a happy few who like it to be kept as what we were granted since the Beginning.

"Your god has little sway here, ambassador."

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Savoir wrote:
Morover wrote:" 'Legalizes hormone therapy' has essentially the same effect."

"Mandating that governments simply legalize hormone replacement therapy is not the same as requiring governments to make hormone replacement therapy accessible and affordable."

"No, it just furthers the thought that it is up to the transgender individual. If you have no further comments beyond what you are currently claiming, I'll stop explaining this to you."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Attanius
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Attanius withdrawls from WA due to extremist policy enforcem

Postby Attanius » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm

A Quote from Ambassador Adams

His Majesty, Emperor Floyd, sees this bill as nothing more then an attempt to legislate things that should be left entirely to a private individual. Furthermore, the AOMDR (Attanian Office of Mental Disordee Research), officially has, and will continue to, consider Gender Dysphoria a mental illness that the sufferer of requires assistance of. Leave it to us on how we may help our own.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Attanius wrote:His Majesty, Emperor Floyd, sees this bill as nothing more then an attempt to legislate things that should be left entirely to a private individual. Furthermore, the AOMDR (Attanian Office of Mental Disordee Research), officially has, and will continue to, consider Gender Dysphoria a mental illness that the sufferer of requires assistance of. Leave it to us on how we may help our own.

"So you believe that treatments should be left up to individuals, except when you disagree with the treatments they choose to undergo? Good to know."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Attanius wrote:A Quote from Ambassador Adams

His Majesty, Emperor Floyd, sees this bill as nothing more then an attempt to legislate things that should be left entirely to a private individual. Furthermore, the AOMDR (Attanian Office of Mental Disordee Research), officially has, and will continue to, consider Gender Dysphoria a mental illness that the sufferer of requires assistance of. Leave it to us on how we may help our own.

"Why should the World Assembly allow itself to be swayed by a nation that is incapable of adhering to the promise that all members make upon joining: to adhere to international law duly ratified by majority vote? If you refuse to comply, why should we consider your input? You've clearly no stake in the outcome while we do."

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Alinn wrote:
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:This Proposal violates Freedom of Religion, as it is forcing religious members of WA to accept what is against their beliefs. You can expect that I am very much Against this vote.

"Ambassador, I may believe you have misinterpreted the responsibility of government in that during effective governance, the citizens are presented with the freedom to do what they may, of course within a parameter of restriction. This piece of legislation is not requiring governments to declare their belief and support for these rights, despite an unconvincing argument to do so, yet it is responsible for ensuring that citizens are protected in their right to seek affordable and effective reproductive healthcare. In this instance, it deals with transgender and gender non-binary based procedures and therapies. I see no violation of freedom of religion here nor a requirement of 'acceptance' within this bill. This bill is only requiring your nation to treat those who are transgender/non-binary that wish to make medical decisions for themselves, as they should be able to, the unequivocal right to do so. Allow me to ask you, Ambassador. Are men allowed to seek doses of testosterone in your nation? Are women allowed to seek doses of estrogen in your nation? If the answer to either of those questions is yes, then what allows you the right to deny someone else that exact same or comparatively similar procedural right?

Men naturally have testosterone. Women have estrogen. But you cannot switch the two between the sexes.
This is an abomination for which I will not stand. It is a twisting of nature and, just because someone feels they belong to another gender, doesn't mean that they do. By this argument, I could just as well say that, because I believe I am God, that I am God. It's foolishness.
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:"How is this a right? Humans did not have these pills in nature. In no religious book does it bestow upon the people these fruits."

"So I take it you're against antibiotics too?"

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:Men naturally have testosterone. Women have estrogen.

OOC: Actually, both have both. Testicles produce a little estrogen and ovaries produce a little testosterone.
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

"Not that we would form an opinion on proposed international law based upon those who oppose it but we are pleased to be on the right side of history compared to the assorted loonies lining up against."

OOC: Not that I would form an opinion on a proposal based upon those who oppose it but I am pleased to be on the right side of this compared to the assorted loonies lining up against.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:
Alinn wrote:

Men naturally have testosterone. Women have estrogen. But you cannot switch the two between the sexes.

"Men also naturally have estrogen and women naturally have testosterone, at least in Human species."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

New Sayoni
Civil Servant

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sayoni » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 pm

OOC: As a non-binary transfemme person IRL, this hits close to home. I really, really hope this gets passed. Also, be weary of a flood of trolls saying 'against'. It's a gut feeling, but that kind of thing has happened before. :/

IC: As a representative of our nation as a whole, we wholeheartedly agree to this proposal. It is a human right to be comfortable in the body you are born with. Whether that means conforming to a different gender role or leaving the binary altogether. In the end we are all human, and should unite under that.

We only wish that we can help those who are as we once were, cast out for our differences. Maybe one day the world will see from our perspective. For now, this is the best we can do.

We are voting firmly for this, and condemn any nation who says otherwise.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Fushiya
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Fushiya » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Fushiya wrote:Though we are new to these halls and but a small nation, we cannot condone such absurdities that go against nature.

"Your god has little sway here, ambassador."

We are aware. It is so others know, should their clouds hide the sunshine one day.
"How can an atheist look upon nature and deny the existence of something greater than ourselves?"-Grandfather Marty of Fushiya

-None greater than God-

Comuni
Civilian

Founded: Jan 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Comuni » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:51 pm

1. Something being "real" does not mean it should be encouraged or promoted as sane. Schizophrenics are real. Psychopaths are real. What is the resolution author's point?

2. It is up to the medical community and respective medical guilds of each member to decide what is and isn't an illness. The World Assembly has no business writing into law what does or does not fall under those categories.

3. If their perceived gender differs from their biological sex then by definition it is not an accurate or "real" perception.

4. Directly contradicts point #2. Is this resolution about dyslexia?

5. Yup I guess it is, here the author is repeating himself.

6. Another such way is to undergo psychiatric treatment.

It is also important to point out that at no point in this written excrement does the author specify it only applies to ADULTS.
Once again the powerful LGBT lobby is attempting to corrupt the youth of nations by imposing their sexual fantasies and fetishes on them. I urge you to vote AGAINST this garbage lest you want your very own sons and daughters being given hormone therapy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives