NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED]Repeal:Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:30 am

Considering you've been attacking us OOC with IC characterization, well...

I don't think I have gone after you guys publicly for OOC things. I dislike you guys because you recruitment bomb regions and try to commend yourselves. The fact that you have a toxic, incompetent, and annoying leader is a whole nother thing.
Never pet a burning dog

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:30 am

RiderSyl wrote:That log doesn't show me trying to guilt-trip Jocospor.
RiderSyl wrote:I wanted to see y'all uncomfortable.

Castelia wrote:But isn't that guilt-tripping?

Yes.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:32 am

Grater Tovakia wrote:The fact that you have a toxic, incompetent, and annoying leader is a whole nother thing.

Wow, resorting to personal attacks now.

Grater Tovakia wrote:So classy.
ShrewLlamaLand

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:32 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'm not saying they don't have cancer.

You said you wondered if I was lying about something. Everyone understood what you were implying.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:What I am saying, and what I will stand by, is that their original post was not relevant, unnecessary and wholly intended to put us in a difficult spot by guilt tripping.

We've been over how it is relevant. I don't give a damn if it was unnecessary. Yes, it was partially intended to put y'all in a difficult spot. No, it was not guilt tripping.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:2) it is extremely unfair and that you dont care is eh. Having to have supported and helped with cancer survivors who are still disabled to this day in my own family, I hate that you are using it as a way to try and take a debate opponent off guard and make him seem like a grade A arse. He may be that, but using cancer and disabilities to do so is just frustrating.

This is my stance on this as well, and I'm glad there is at least one other sane person here in this discussion as well.

And now, pot-shots at people's sanity. Great.

Castelia wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:It shows that I know I could have not gone into detail, that I didn't care and went into detail anyway, and that I wanted to see y'all uncomfortable.

But isn't that guilt-tripping?

Do you seriously not know the difference between discomfort and guilt?
Hell, apparently neither does Shrew.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:34 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Grater Tovakia wrote:The fact that you have a toxic, incompetent, and annoying leader is a whole nother thing.

Wow, resorting to personal attacks now.

Grater Tovakia wrote:So classy.

The gloves came off when you accused a cancer survivor of faking it mate
Never pet a burning dog

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:34 am

Grater Tovakia wrote:
I don't think I have gone after you guys publicly for OOC things. I dislike you guys because you recruitment bomb regions and try to commend yourselves. The fact that you have a toxic, incompetent, and annoying leader is a whole nother thing.

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. Should have clarified that I meant "Considering most of NSGP been attacking us OOC with IC characterization, well..."

I kinda understand the commend part, but isn't recruitment bombing part of playing the game? I see nothing wrong with it.

Uh, I'm straying off topic. I'd like to request a return to the original topic, please, though at this point I don't see anything more we can discuss about the proposal and its impending failure anyway.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:37 am

Castelia wrote:I kinda understand the commend part, but isn't recruitment bombing part of playing the game? I see nothing wrong with it.

Recruitment bombing isn't the problem people have with CCD. It's the association with fascists, the antics in the WA, the unabashed condescension, and the frequency of their legislative campaigns. Although, after this thread, a few more reasons will be added to the list, for sure.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:40 am

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'm not saying they don't have cancer.

You said you wondered if I was lying about something. Everyone understood what you were implying.

I did not say "you don't have cancer". What I did say is that you clearly aren't being fully truthful in many of your posts, and that makes it difficult to believe other things you've stated. My apologies if you are truly a cancer survivor.

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
This is my stance on this as well, and I'm glad there is at least one other sane person here in this discussion as well.

And now, pot-shots at people's sanity. Great.

I very quickly edited that out, hence why your quote didn't work. How nice of you to include it anyway.

RiderSyl wrote:Do you seriously not know the difference between discomfort and guilt?

You clearly have no idea what guilt tripping actually is. Have a read, here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilt_trip

A guilt trip is a feeling of guilt or responsibility, especially an unjustified one induced by someone else. Creating a guilt trip in another person may be considered to be psychological manipulation in the form of punishment for a perceived transgression.
ShrewLlamaLand

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:42 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Castelia wrote:I kinda understand the commend part, but isn't recruitment bombing part of playing the game? I see nothing wrong with it.

Recruitment bombing isn't the problem people have with CCD. It's the association with fascists, the antics in the WA, the unabashed condescension, and the frequency of their legislative campaigns. Although, after this thread, a few more reasons will be added to the list, for sure.

All those things I personally hate about them too, I was just providing IC reasons.
Never pet a burning dog

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:

I did not say "you don't have cancer". What I did say is that you clearly aren't being fully truthful in many of your posts, and that makes it difficult to believe other things you've stated. My apologies if you are truly a cancer survivor.

There's nothing that obeys the site rules that I can say in response to this.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:And now, pot-shots at people's sanity. Great.

I very quickly edited that out, hence why your quote didn't work. How nice of you to include it anyway.

Seems I was quicker in quoting it than you were in editing it out. That happens.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Do you seriously not know the difference between discomfort and guilt?

You clearly have no idea what guilt tripping actually is. Have a read, here you go:

A guilt trip is a feeling of guilt or responsibility, especially an unjustified one induced by someone else. Creating a guilt trip in another person may be considered to be psychological manipulation in the form of punishment for a perceived transgression.

So I discomfort-tripped Jocospor, then.

This is extremely silly, you know.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:57 am

As enlightening as these insights into how ShrewLlama thinks are, perhaps it is time to steer this back onto whether or not CoCD's liberation should be repealed or the quality (or lack of) of the resolution?
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:01 am

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

So I discomfort-tripped Jocospor, then.

It's just called guilt tripping.

RiderSyl wrote:This is extremely silly, you know.

I'd also say bringing your own personal circumstances into a game was extremely silly. Regardless, I'm well aware this constant bickering is silly as well.

Caracasus wrote:perhaps it is time to steer this back onto whether or not CoCD's liberation should be repealed

This is likely the only time I'll ever agree with you.
ShrewLlamaLand

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:It's just called guilt tripping.

What I did isn't called that, 'cause that's not what it was. :)

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'd also say bringing your own personal circumstances into a game was extremely silly.

I've been open about my personal circumstances in NationStates for a long time. You and a few others reacting like this doesn't override the general goodness I've seen from most people.

Caracasus wrote:As enlightening as these insights into how ShrewLlama thinks are, perhaps it is time to steer this back onto whether or not CoCD's liberation should be repealed or the quality (or lack of) of the resolution?

Well, it was a really bad April Fool's Joke. It didn't hit the voting floor on the morning of April 1st, it doesn't subvert any expectations, the thread itself isn't any fun, they couldn't communicate that it was an April Fool's Joke for days because they kept telling people to check their "diary" instead of their calendar or schedule, the proposal itself was poor and forgettable, and at the very best ShrewLlamaLand appeared to state that someone was lying about being a cancer survivor.

So, all in all, I don't think it went very well.

The CCD's Liberation won't be repealed for a very long time, because of how poisonous their name is. People will vote against the repeal simply because their name is involved.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:17 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:So I discomfort-tripped Jocospor, then.

It's just called guilt tripping.

RiderSyl wrote:This is extremely silly, you know.

I'd also say bringing your own personal circumstances into a game was extremely silly. Regardless, I'm well aware this constant bickering is silly as well.

Caracasus wrote:perhaps it is time to steer this back onto whether or not CoCD's liberation should be repealed

This is likely the only time I'll ever agree with you.

With that in mind. The author wrote this as an April Fool's joke. It's unfortunately not very funny so it rather fails there. I'm not saying it's offensive or anything. It isn't. It just isn't really anything.

As for removing the liberation. Again no. There's been no attempt by the CoCD to remove fascist embassies, so there's no support for removing this resolution. As the joke goes, what do you call 9 fascists and their friends? 10 fascists. If you waddle like a duck and quack, don't be surprised if people think you are a duck.

There is also the TG spam and as displayed in this thread a staggering inability to play nicely with others at all. These don't work well in your favour at all.

So no, no cause to remove the liberation and I would hope at least some cause for the folks over at CoCD to have a good hard think about how they interact with other human beings.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:22 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Caracasus wrote:As enlightening as these insights into how ShrewLlama thinks are, perhaps it is time to steer this back onto whether or not CoCD's liberation should be repealed or the quality (or lack of) of the resolution?

Well, it was a really bad April Fool's Joke. It didn't hit the voting floor on the morning of April 1st, it doesn't subvert any expectations, the thread itself isn't any fun, they couldn't communicate that it was an April Fool's Joke for days because they kept telling people to check their "diary" instead of their calendar or schedule, the proposal itself was poor and forgettable, and at the very best ShrewLlamaLand appeared to state that someone was lying about being a cancer survivor.

So, all in all, I don't think it went very well.

The CCD's Liberation won't be repealed for a very long time, because of how poisonous their name is. People will vote against the repeal simply because their name is involved.

It hit the voting floor at the perfect time, actually, that part went exactly as planned. The proposal did hit the voting floor early in the morning of April 1st in my timezone, and on the night of the 31st for those in the US, ready to see when they wake up.

You not understanding that "diary" means a pocket planner (including a calendar) in British English doesn't mean that no one else did, and we deliberately avoided making it overly obvious for the first few days this proposal was up on the forums.

Given we're back on topic, I'm not going to respond to the rest of your comment.
ShrewLlamaLand

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:28 am

Caracasus wrote:As for removing the liberation. Again no. There's been no attempt by the CoCD to remove fascist embassies, so there's no support for removing this resolution. As the joke goes, what do you call 9 fascists and their friends? 10 fascists. If you waddle like a duck and quack, don't be surprised if people think you are a duck.

Why do people insist on repeating this horribly flawed logic? I don't get it. We aren't fascists in game, although we've got no problems with nations that are - it's a game. We certainly aren't fascists outside of the game.

We have embassies with democratic regions. Does that make us democratic?

We have embassies with communist regions. Does that make us communists?

We have embassies with card farming regions. Does that make us all card farmers?
ShrewLlamaLand

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:31 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Caracasus wrote:As for removing the liberation. Again no. There's been no attempt by the CoCD to remove fascist embassies, so there's no support for removing this resolution. As the joke goes, what do you call 9 fascists and their friends? 10 fascists. If you waddle like a duck and quack, don't be surprised if people think you are a duck.

Why do people insist on repeating this horribly flawed logic? I don't get it. We aren't fascists in game, although we've got no problems with nations that are - it's a game. We certainly aren't fascists outside of the game.

We have embassies with card farming regions. Does that make us all card farmers?

it makes you fascist aligned embassy spammers
Never pet a burning dog

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:32 am

Grater Tovakia wrote:it makes you fascist aligned embassy spammers

But we're also democratic, communist and card farming aligned embassy spammers, right?
ShrewLlamaLand

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:32 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

People don't like fascists at all. You share embassies with some of the most unpleasent fascist regions in the game. You started out by advertising yourself as promoters of fascism.

I'm afraid you have a lot of work to do to convince people otherwise.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:35 am

Caracasus wrote:People don't like fascists at all. You share embassies with some of the most unpleasent fascist regions in the game.

Which regions would those be?

If we're seen as awful and the reason people refuse to remove our liberation for having embassies with them, then logically, at the very minmum they'd also have their own regions liberated, right?
ShrewLlamaLand

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:36 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Grater Tovakia wrote:it makes you fascist aligned embassy spammers

But we're also democratic, communist and card farming aligned embassy spammers, right?

Sure, and that means your region is indeed facist?
Never pet a burning dog

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:39 am

Grater Tovakia wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:But we're also democratic, communist and card farming aligned embassy spammers, right?

No, all it means is that we don't discriminate against people for roleplaying fascist nations in a game. Just like we don't discriminate against democratic regions, for example, if they choose to have positive relations with our region.
ShrewLlamaLand

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Grater Tovakia wrote:

No, all it means is that we don't discriminate against people for roleplaying fascist nations in a game. Just like we don't discriminate against democratic regions, for example, if they choose to have positive relations with our region.

Ah okay so talking about how the Holocaust was fake and Jews have a victim complex is just roleplay
Never pet a burning dog

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Grater Tovakia wrote:Ah okay so talking about how the Holocaust was fake and Jews have a victim complex is just roleplay

Err, I'm not sure that ever happened within the CCD. I'm well aware of other fascist regions doing so, however.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:49 am

Castelia wrote:
Grater Tovakia wrote:Ah okay so talking about how the Holocaust was fake and Jews have a victim complex is just roleplay

Err, I'm not sure that ever happened within the CCD. I'm well aware of other fascist regions doing so, however.

I am not talking about CCD, but regions you have embassies with did. and Shrew decided to say all those truly fascist regions just do RP.
Never pet a burning dog

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives