NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED]Repeal:Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20793
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wallenburg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:04 am

The New California Republic wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Anyone know what the record for largest losing margin is? I'm interested.

Records aren't kept of failed proposals, but I have occasionally seen failures of 95%+

Failed resolutions are archived in the WA Archives forum.
THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Viceroy for The East Pacific

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28885
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:07 am

Wallenburg wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Records aren't kept of failed proposals, but I have occasionally seen failures of 95%+

Failed resolutions are archived in the WA Archives forum.

Indeed there are, but I was more meaning gameside.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Mockia
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mockia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:18 am

I think that even if they didn't repeal it, they would still be able to fight back. Besides, they have the power.

We should still repeal it though, as it's useless.
Largest source of Pineapple on Pizza in the world
Most Frequent Violator of GA Regulations in the entire World Assembly
There are two things in life that are certain: death and internet porn.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:26 am

The Reddington States wrote:
Castelia wrote:
Much as I love the badge, I personally think it's time for something new.

Like a Commended badge. :rofl:

Four days ago, Jocospor was in the Security Council praising his region's badge.

So seriously, what suddenly changed your minds?

>Talking about U-Turns
>Is a communist who quotes Ayn Rand
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12839
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:28 am

Castelia wrote:
Peigan wrote:I mean, bringing up TCB is going a little off topic for this resolution. My discussion would be better suited in a more general topic on double standards for extreme politics on NationStates


Give it up, good sir. You've fought the good fight. I've pretty much given up trying to convince people I'm not a fascist just because I'm in the CCD.

Funny how the rest of your argument is true, though. I don't think I've seen much criticism of the extreme left-wing ideologies here, despite being just as bad as the extreme right.

I'm an anarcho-syndicalist, with anarcho-communist parts to my ideology, and people think I"m a fascist because I'm in the CCD.

It's absolutely annoying, and we should make it clear we're an RP region, not the Black Raiders.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6127
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Castelia wrote:
Give it up, good sir. You've fought the good fight. I've pretty much given up trying to convince people I'm not a fascist just because I'm in the CCD.

Funny how the rest of your argument is true, though. I don't think I've seen much criticism of the extreme left-wing ideologies here, despite being just as bad as the extreme right.

I'm an anarcho-syndicalist, with anarcho-communist parts to my ideology, and people think I"m a fascist because I'm in the CCD.

It's absolutely annoying, and we should make it clear we're an RP region, not the Black Raiders.

Black Riders*

You're right though, you guys haven't committed major script rules violations. And yet, some former Black Riders are welcome in the GP community, and CCD members are not :)
The Grey Wardens - First Warden
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

User avatar
Frances Francis the First of France
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frances Francis the First of France » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:55 am

I needed a good chuckle today.

The region has changed none of its policies, has refused to work on changing its perception. And yet feels a self-repeal will hit it off when part of the liberation even references self-commendation.

Best April Fools Day prank so far.

User avatar
Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1119
Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 pm

Against.

User avatar
The Reddington States
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

"Communist Who Quotes Ayn Rand"

Postby The Reddington States » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
The Reddington States wrote:Four days ago, Jocospor was in the Security Council praising his region's badge.

So seriously, what suddenly changed your minds?

>Talking about U-Turns
>Is a communist who quotes Ayn Rand

1. It's a joke for April Fool's Day. I'm a center-right libertarian.
2. Even if it wasn't a joke, how does or why would a communist quote Ayn Rand?

"Communist Who Quotes Ayn Rand"

Image

Lmao. I can't believe you said that.
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
- Ayn Rand


The Reddington States | Redlandia | The Reddington Commonwealth

User avatar
Victoriaans Nederlands
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Victoriaans Nederlands » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm not up to date with the news and happenings of CCD and its shenanigans, so.... Why are you repealing your own liberation again?
A puppet of Valentine Z.
The Herrlich Opperheerschappij of Victoriaans Nederlands - Scandinavian and European paradise. Seen as a combination of Netherlands, Germany and Russia. Civil and Political Rights are plenty, but with limits.
Okstovskaya wrote:Not a flag, -10/10
Using an image sourced from a cartoon, intended for the young, for a country's flag is a close approximation of using anime photos as PfP's on YouTube. Seriously, you need to learn vexillology, kid.
------
Easy, Samantha-Higgs. The others are crap, but [Victoriaans Nederlands] is the shit king.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4936
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:I haven't brought up anything that wasn't related to what I was replying to

see: rant on page 3


My statement is still true.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Confederation State Broadcasting
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 14
Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Confederation State Broadcasting » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Frances Francis the First of France wrote:Best April Fools Day prank so far.

Our thanks! We were quite happy with it ourselves.

User avatar
Castelia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 759
Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Libertarian Police State

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Victoriaans Nederlands wrote:I'm not up to date with the news and happenings of CCD and its shenanigans, so.... Why are you repealing your own liberation again?


Mostly as an April Fools' joke. We like to make people laugh after all, even if we are the butt of the joke. After all, the CCD likes to bring smiles to everyone's faces! :)

I have a master factbook here. But you probably shouldn't read it...
Got questions, concerns, criticisms? Shoot me a telegram, and I promise I'll try my best to respond!
My forum posts are strictly my own personal views and do not reflect the opinions of the region I reside in nor of any organization I am part of. My nation does not necessarily reflect my own views.

User avatar
Peigan
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Mar 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Peigan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Mimerya wrote:Anybody want to bet on the outcome?

It will fail harder than the Cleveland Brown's 2017 season.

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 750
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:39 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:see: rant on page 3

My statement is still true.

Except for the fact it clearly isn't.

Really makes me wonder what else you're lying about.

Frances Francis the First of France wrote:Best April Fools Day prank so far.

Yeah, cheers, we'll take this as a compliment.

Victoriaans Nederlands wrote:I'm not up to date with the news and happenings of CCD and its shenanigans, so.... Why are you repealing your own liberation again?

See above.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4936
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:14 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:My statement is still true.

Except for the fact it clearly isn't.

Really makes me wonder what else you're lying about.

Like what?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
The Notorious Mad Jack
Diplomat
 
Posts: 536
Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:18 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Really makes me wonder what else you're lying about.

Classy.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

User avatar
Caracasus
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7919
Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Caracasus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:35 am

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Really makes me wonder what else you're lying about.

Classy.


Just when you think CoCD could not shit the bed any more than they have, they accuse a cancer survivor of lying about it on zero evidence. Fucking hell lads...
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!



Issues editor, not a moderator.

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28885
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 am

Caracasus wrote:
The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:Classy.


Just when you think CoCD could not shit the bed any more than they have, they accuse a cancer survivor of lying about it on zero evidence. Fucking hell lads...

:?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Caracasus
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7919
Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Caracasus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:56 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Caracasus wrote:
Just when you think CoCD could not shit the bed any more than they have, they accuse a cancer survivor of lying about it on zero evidence. Fucking hell lads...

:?


Read back through what RS posted on page 3 and then read Shrew's accusation about lying again. Honestly, this is pretty out of order.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!



Issues editor, not a moderator.

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28885
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:03 am

Caracasus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote: :?


Read back through what RS posted on page 3 and then read Shrew's accusation about lying again. Honestly, this is pretty out of order.

I know, I agree with you. It's some grade A BS that is abhorrent.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2185
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:05 am

Caracasus wrote:
The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:Classy.


Just when you think CoCD could not shit the bed any more than they have, they accuse a cancer survivor of lying about it on zero evidence. Fucking hell lads...

I dont see how being a cancer survivor has anything to do with this. And to add to the victim Olympics, that's coming from a sibling of a cancer victim. It doesnt matter that I am, but for some reason it matters to you.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Narwhal
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Narwhal » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:12 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Caracasus wrote:
Just when you think CoCD could not shit the bed any more than they have, they accuse a cancer survivor of lying about it on zero evidence. Fucking hell lads...

I dont see how being a cancer survivor has anything to do with this. And to add to the victim Olympics, that's coming from a sibling of a cancer victim. It doesnt matter that I am, but for some reason it matters to you.

You might want to read posts further back.
The cold never bothers me anyway!
Part of Seagull hivemind

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2185
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:12 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Jocospor wrote:OOC: Buddy, I don't know why you're so caught up on us having $1.35 to spend. If that's a lot of money for you, I'm not sure how you can afford an ISP to play NationStates.


Good lord, you picked the wrong person to say this to.

I'm a disabled 25-year-old whose only income is a monthly check from Social Security. I have two thirds of a functioning right lung. The remaining one third of that lung is damaged from chemotherapy, and the entire left lung was removed due a cancerous tumor. That means I cannot walk down a hallway without having to sit down or stop, and no workplace will give me the amount of scheduled breaks I would need to actually work and make a living. I actually don't pay for the ISP I have. I wouldn't have an internet connection and my quality of life would be severely worse than it is now if not for excellent support from my family. $1.35 is a lot of money for me, and I can't see ever asking those that help keep my quality of life in a good place to help me pay for what you do. Pushing forward terribly-written proposals that have no chance of passing on a nation sim that's slowly dying anyway is a waste of money that I don't have, because I have to save every penny after spending hundreds on doctors and pills and vitamins and supplements and tests and operations and groceries and rent.

Don't call me "buddy".

I dont mean to be a d*ck here, but none of this is relevant. You're calling someone out for spending a small amount of money on a game. It's not classy or ethical, but no one could tell what's happened to you or what your story is. Yeah, theres people out there that live on a dollar a day and a 1.35 would help them quite a bit.

I'm sorry you've been through that and still siffer, but it's not relevant to the conversation and it was really unfair for you to go for this line of attack. This whole thread, you've been overly hostile, condescending, and done nothing to maintain a civil argument. Cancer or no, disabled or no, theres no reason for this.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4936
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:28 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:
Good lord, you picked the wrong person to say this to.

I'm a disabled 25-year-old whose only income is a monthly check from Social Security. I have two thirds of a functioning right lung. The remaining one third of that lung is damaged from chemotherapy, and the entire left lung was removed due a cancerous tumor. That means I cannot walk down a hallway without having to sit down or stop, and no workplace will give me the amount of scheduled breaks I would need to actually work and make a living. I actually don't pay for the ISP I have. I wouldn't have an internet connection and my quality of life would be severely worse than it is now if not for excellent support from my family. $1.35 is a lot of money for me, and I can't see ever asking those that help keep my quality of life in a good place to help me pay for what you do. Pushing forward terribly-written proposals that have no chance of passing on a nation sim that's slowly dying anyway is a waste of money that I don't have, because I have to save every penny after spending hundreds on doctors and pills and vitamins and supplements and tests and operations and groceries and rent.

Don't call me "buddy".

I dont mean to be a d*ck here, but none of this is relevant. You're calling someone out for spending a small amount of money on a game.


He sarcastically went "Lol how can you afford internet". Well, I gave him a detailed answer on why. And helpfully proving that this is about more than just these small little purchases, Jocospor went and spent over 170 dollars on this game a few days after that post. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't ooze condescending entitlement, but he does. All the time.

Thuzbekistan wrote:I'm sorry you've been through that and still siffer, but it's not relevant to the conversation and it was really unfair for you to go for this line of attack.

I've yet to see any of you explain how it's irrelevant, while I've been repeatedly explaining how it was on-topic over and over. As for it being unfair for me to bring it up? I don't care. Especially now with the implication I'm making it up. I'm even more inclined to be unfair towards Jocospor, Shrew, and the Confederation in the future.

Thuzbekistan wrote:This whole thread, you've been overly hostile, condescending, and done nothing to maintain a civil argument. Cancer or no, disabled or no, theres no reason for this.

Apparently my exchange with Peigan just didn't fucking happen, huh? Go back and check it out. I am civil within reason. When it's these CCD peeps though, I will not hold back, because they deserve it. They dish it out, they can take it.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads