NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED]Repeal:Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Peigan
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Mar 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Peigan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:26 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Peigan wrote:Edit: This also distracts from the point that they also have communist dictatorships in their ranks. I think this argument boils down to how serious you take this game.


Okay, no, stop that. They received this Liberation because they're seen as fascist. Someone asked why it was passed in the first place. I explained it. You're the one bringing up communism over and over, when it actually has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. You're the one distracting from the point here, not the other way around.

I was more addressing the larger issue that this topic is associated with. However, I admit I'm going off-topic and apologize.
Last edited by Peigan on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4933
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:28 am

Peigan wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:
Okay, no, stop that. They received this Liberation because they're seen as fascist. Someone asked why it was passed in the first place. I explained it. You're the one bringing up communism over and over, when it actually has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. You're the one distracting from the point here, not the other way around.

I'm more addressing the larger issue that this topic is associated with. However, I admit I'm going off-topic and apologize.

It's okay. You're not the first to go off-topic due to the politics associated with this stuff, and I doubt you'll be the last.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Swag Chief Bubba Estate
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 08, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Swag Chief Bubba Estate » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:33 am

ccd is so lame,, they dont even have low political or civil rights.... just bunch of goofs ropleplaying benito musclemeanie... vote against liberating to keep them annyoed!!

User avatar
Ru-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1096
Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ru- » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:34 am

voting for this because i don't believe in offensive liberations on principle. i realize this stance is definitely in the minority on this site, however.
Last edited by Ru- on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live King Yoshio!)
Still with Her.

----> King Yoshio Q&A Thread! <----
(please help keep it alive if you can. lol )

User avatar
Narwhal
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Narwhal » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:34 am

This is a no brainer. Against.
The cold never bothers me anyway!
Part of Seagull hivemind

User avatar
Peigan
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Mar 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Peigan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:44 am

Ru- wrote:voting for this because i don't believe in offensive liberations on principle. i realize this stance is definitely in the minority on this site, however.

I agree with your stance, but I'm voting against it because the CCD doesn't seem to be taking it seriously enough to write a better resolution. It comes off as a April Fools' goof and that's just wasting the SC's time.

User avatar
Jocospor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 939
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:45 am

Peigan wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:
Okay, no, stop that. They received this Liberation because they're seen as fascist. Someone asked why it was passed in the first place. I explained it. You're the one bringing up communism over and over, when it actually has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. You're the one distracting from the point here, not the other way around.

I was more addressing the larger issue that this topic is associated with. However, I admit I'm going off-topic and apologize.

OOC: You don't need to be apologising to RiderSyl. You're not the one drawing anything off topic.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE


The Shadow Cult is rising...

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4933
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:46 am

Jocospor wrote:
Peigan wrote:I was more addressing the larger issue that this topic is associated with. However, I admit I'm going off-topic and apologize.

OOC: You don't need to be apologising to RiderSyl. You're not the one drawing anything off topic.

How is discussing why the original Liberation was passed off-topic in this thread?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Peigan
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Mar 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Peigan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 am

Jocospor wrote:
Peigan wrote:I was more addressing the larger issue that this topic is associated with. However, I admit I'm going off-topic and apologize.

OOC: You don't need to be apologising to RiderSyl. You're not the one drawing anything off topic.

I mean, bringing up TCB is going a little off topic for this resolution. My discussion would be better suited in a more general topic on double standards for extreme politics on NationStates
Last edited by Peigan on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Castelia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 759
Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Libertarian Police State

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:25 am

Peigan wrote:I mean, bringing up TCB is going a little off topic for this resolution. My discussion would be better suited in a more general topic on double standards for extreme politics on NationStates


Give it up, good sir. You've fought the good fight. I've pretty much given up trying to convince people I'm not a fascist just because I'm in the CCD.

Funny how the rest of your argument is true, though. I don't think I've seen much criticism of the extreme left-wing ideologies here, despite being just as bad as the extreme right.

I have a master factbook here. But you probably shouldn't read it...
Got questions, concerns, criticisms? Shoot me a telegram, and I promise I'll try my best to respond!
My forum posts are strictly my own personal views and do not reflect the opinions of the region I reside in nor of any organization I am part of. My nation does not necessarily reflect my own views.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4933
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:31 am

Castelia wrote:Give it up, good sir. You've fought the good fight. I've pretty much given up trying to convince people I'm not a fascist just because I'm in the CCD.


He wasn't fighting your fight, though. I never called him fascist. :blink:

Castelia wrote:Funny how the rest of your argument is true, though. I don't think I've seen much criticism of the extreme left-wing ideologies here, despite being just as bad as the extreme right.


We just talked about how this is off-topic. How you feel about communists and the "extreme left" isn't relevant. Take this shit to NSG.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Mimerya
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 107
Founded: Aug 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mimerya » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:35 am

Anybody want to bet on the outcome?
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA

According to scientific studies, people get uncomfortable when a sentence doesn't end like it was BLITZKRIEG.

NEWS: Mimeryan Voice: Austion Milner (LDP) critizises LEFT | People's Paper: Protests in Wahrlin remain peaceful | The Mimeryan Herald: New Alotetan Embassy opened | Kickoff: Wahrlin FC 2:2 1. FC Skrallan |

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28837
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:49 am

Mimerya wrote:Anybody want to bet on the outcome?

It's going down like a lead balloon, so it's hardly a fair bet. :p
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Castelia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 759
Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Libertarian Police State

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:51 am

RiderSyl wrote:
He wasn't fighting your fight, though. I never called him fascist. :blink:


I never said he was fighting my fight, though. :blink:

In any case, I was referring to his repeated insinuations that there should be a distinction between IRL fascists who use NationStates as a platform and those who merely choose to roleplay, as well as him pointing out that NSG shows a bias against right-wing ideologies while basically ignoring the atrocities of the left. I believe that the CCD and its community getting the OOC fascist label because of IC activities is wholly unfair, but I do agree that the way we do WA stuff CAN be annoying. (Sorry, Joco. I still love you and the CCD community, though).

RiderSyl wrote:
We just talked about how this is off-topic. How you feel about communists and the "extreme left" isn't relevant. Take this shit to NSG.


On that, I agree. I merely wished to state my opinion, and I apologize. Back on topic, please.
Last edited by Castelia on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have a master factbook here. But you probably shouldn't read it...
Got questions, concerns, criticisms? Shoot me a telegram, and I promise I'll try my best to respond!
My forum posts are strictly my own personal views and do not reflect the opinions of the region I reside in nor of any organization I am part of. My nation does not necessarily reflect my own views.

User avatar
Caracasus
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7919
Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Caracasus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Mimerya wrote:Anybody want to bet on the outcome?

It's going down like a lead balloon, so it's hardly a fair bet. :p


I mean we could bet on how badly it'll lose. My money is on 91-9% no to yes.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!



Issues editor, not a moderator.

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28837
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am

Castelia wrote:I do agree that the way we do WA stuff CAN be annoying.

Calling repeated self-commend attempts "annoying" is a bit of an understatement. ;)
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Mimerya
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 107
Founded: Aug 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mimerya » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:56 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Mimerya wrote:Anybody want to bet on the outcome?

It's going down like a lead balloon, so it's hardly a fair bet. :p

That's why I suggested a bet. Never pick a fight you might lose.
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA
MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA|MIMERYA

According to scientific studies, people get uncomfortable when a sentence doesn't end like it was BLITZKRIEG.

NEWS: Mimeryan Voice: Austion Milner (LDP) critizises LEFT | People's Paper: Protests in Wahrlin remain peaceful | The Mimeryan Herald: New Alotetan Embassy opened | Kickoff: Wahrlin FC 2:2 1. FC Skrallan |

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28837
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:58 am

Mimerya wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's going down like a lead balloon, so it's hardly a fair bet. :p

That's why I suggested a bet. Never pick a fight you might lose.

Caracasus' take on the bet idea is a good one.



Caracasus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's going down like a lead balloon, so it's hardly a fair bet. :p


I mean we could bet on how badly it'll lose. My money is on 91-9% no to yes.

Cool. I'll get in on that. I bet that it'll be 92-8% no to yes.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20793
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wallenburg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:19 am

I suppose it's appropriate that this is at Vote during the April Fool's event, seeing as this is a joke of a resolution.
Ru- wrote:voting for this because i don't believe in offensive liberations on principle. i realize this stance is definitely in the minority on this site, however.

I too do not believe in offensive liberations. Even so, this repeal is an insult to the Security Council, and CCD is a unique blight on the WA community.
Last edited by Wallenburg on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Viceroy for The East Pacific

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28837
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 am

Wallenburg wrote:I suppose it's appropriate that this is at Vote during the April Fool's event, seeing as this is a joke of a resolution.

It's just a shame that the bad joke carries on for another few days after April 1st. :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 750
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:21 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Castelia wrote:Funny how the rest of your argument is true, though. I don't think I've seen much criticism of the extreme left-wing ideologies here, despite being just as bad as the extreme right.


We just talked about how this is off-topic. How you feel about communists and the "extreme left" isn't relevant. Take this shit to NSG.

Ah, so it's fine when you want to talk about off-topic things, but as soon as someone points out your hypocrisies you try and bring the discussion back on topic. Interesting.

The New California Republic wrote:
Caracasus wrote:I mean we could bet on how badly it'll lose. My money is on 91-9% no to yes.

Cool. I'll get in on that. I bet that it'll be 92-8% no to yes.

Anyone know what the record for largest losing margin is? I'm interested.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Blood Wine
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1855
Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:
1. drop the victim complex
2. you're violating the discord ToS, evading bans via alts are not allowed

1. I don't have a victim complex. Neither does Jocospor.
2. Explain?


1. yes you do, whining about the mods being impartial when they enforce basic rules
2. you're both banned from NSGP afaik, and somehow you still have the screenshots of the server, a clear ToS violation
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28837
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:35 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Anyone know what the record for largest losing margin is? I'm interested.

Records aren't kept of failed proposals, but I have occasionally seen failures of 95%+
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4933
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Ah, so it's fine when you want to talk about off-topic things, but as soon as someone points out your hypocrisies you try and bring the discussion back on topic.

I haven't brought up anything that wasn't related to what I was replying to, and this thread isn't about me so I don't need to argue against claims of hypocrisy.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 750
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am

Blood Wine wrote:2. you're both banned from NSGP afaik, and somehow you still have the screenshots of the server, a clear ToS violation

I've never even joined NSGP, up until this thread I actually had no idea it existed. As far as I know Jocospor has never joined the server either. Neither of us have ever been banned.

How can you be so certain those screenshots don't come from inside sources...?

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Ah, so it's fine when you want to talk about off-topic things, but as soon as someone points out your hypocrisies you try and bring the discussion back on topic.

I haven't brought up anything that wasn't related to what I was replying to

see: rant on page 3
Last edited by ShrewLlamaLand on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads