NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED]Repeal:Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 4317
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:28 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:No, we got it awhile ago. Is the joke how much it's going to crash and burn?

Is someone worried their proposal is going to get repealed?

I have no reason to be, so no.
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrDeputy Forest KeeperLieutenant in The Black HawksWA Minister of Lazarus

User avatar
Caracasus
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7442
Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:31 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Jocospor wrote:
OOC: Ding ding ding!! Although I don't quite think everyone understood, but at least the cat's out of the bag now.

No, we got it awhile ago. Is the joke how much it's going to crash and burn?


It is odd because an april fool's joke shoild be funny and something unexpected etc. The CoCD tying up the security council in another pointless vote is neither.

I imagine they're hoping that this will pass because people will be distracted by whatever the event tomorrow is. If that's the case they've kind of blown it a bit by drawing so much attention to it.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!



Issues editor, not a moderator.

User avatar
Lyrical International Brigade
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Mar 31, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Lyrical International Brigade » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:37 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:No, we got it awhile ago. Is the joke how much it's going to crash and burn?

Is someone worried their proposal is going to get repealed?


OK, I'll be fair: the idea that LD might need to worry is vaguely amusing. But that's a lot of setup for such a mild punchline.
Paramilitary expedition of Sierra Lyricalia
Lieutenant, ⟨ Красный Флот ⟩ {The Red Fleet}

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11191
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:41 am

I support this proposal, surprising nobody.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 4317
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:49 am

Lyrical International Brigade wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Is someone worried their proposal is going to get repealed?


OK, I'll be fair: the idea that LD might need to worry is vaguely amusing. But that's a lot of setup for such a mild punchline.

I'm more amused than between midnight and noon today, it went from needing 2 more approvals, to needing... two more approvals.
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrDeputy Forest KeeperLieutenant in The Black HawksWA Minister of Lazarus

User avatar
Stellar Colonies
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 437
Founded: Mar 27, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:14 am

If it wasn't for these periodic proposals, I'm sure that some people wouldn't be aware of CoCD's existence.

So, good job with trying to get and keep everyone's attention.

It worked.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Lunatic Star -
Native of The East Pacific and California

The future is female for all.
A confederation that controls a third of the Milky Way.

Add 3000 years for the date I use.

The Confederate Council is the highest governing force in the Confederacy. Consisting of ten people, it occasionally decides its actions (The Confederacy is more like the UN than a nation), acting as representatives of subsections when the Confederate Assembly is unable to do so.
I live in California. Yes, it's a strange and otherworldly experience.

I try to be objective, but I do have a conservative bias.

Also, I'm a high-functioning autistic.

User avatar
Kranostav
Envoy
 
Posts: 247
Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kranostav » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:32 am

Honestly a better joke would have been something like pushing a commend TNP to vote or Commend Civil Siren. Something that will pass and leave it's Mark despite being a joke.
The North Pacific Minister of World Assembly Affairs
The Constitutional Monarchy of Kranostav
Author of GAR #423 and #460

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 138
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Re: Diary vs Calendar

When speaking to multi-regional audience it's preferred to use the most universal terms possible to make sure everyone is on the same page. While you can get mad at Americans for not knowing a local dialect (everyone has to learn it for the first time sometime), it'd be like Americans getting mad at others for not knowing Fahrenheit or Imperial units. Not meant to be patronizing, but just something from experience of doing public speaking for many different audiences. It's a similar reason why politicians "dumb down" their speeches for their voters, as well.

And if mistakes are made regardless, like I said, everyone has to learn for the first time sometime.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Diplomat
 
Posts: 717
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:06 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:No, we got it awhile ago. Is the joke how much it's going to crash and burn?

Is someone worried their proposal is going to get repealed?

OOC:It sure sounds like it. (You don't lose your badge if your resolution is repealed)
"Marxist" no longer applies to this country. This country was made back when I was a leftist.
Author of GA#461

IC:
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Transgenderism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 4317
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:10 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Is someone worried their proposal is going to get repealed?

OOC:It sure sounds like it.

Lmao
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrDeputy Forest KeeperLieutenant in The Black HawksWA Minister of Lazarus

User avatar
Xoriet
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1506
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Xoriet » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Kranostav wrote:Honestly a better joke would have been something like pushing a commend TNP to vote or Commend Civil Siren. Something that will pass and leave it's Mark despite being a joke.

Last year we Liberated a feeder for April Fools~
Praetor of the New Pacific Order

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 25600
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:32 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'd really like to use some more colourful (oh, wait, colorful - better spell it that way so you don't get confused) language here, but I don't think the mods would appreciate it.

Knock it off with the potshots at another player's intelligence.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2020! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Jocospor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 563
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:41 pm

The Gilded Star wrote:Re: Diary vs Calendar

When speaking to multi-regional audience it's preferred to use the most universal terms possible to make sure everyone is on the same page. While you can get mad at Americans for not knowing a local dialect (everyone has to learn it for the first time sometime), it'd be like Americans getting mad at others for not knowing Fahrenheit or Imperial units. Not meant to be patronizing, but just something from experience of doing public speaking for many different audiences. It's a similar reason why politicians "dumb down" their speeches for their voters, as well.

And if mistakes are made regardless, like I said, everyone has to learn for the first time sometime.


OOC: Yes, because British English is a local dialect.

Caracasus wrote:It was still weird phrasing in British English. It would make more sense to say 'check the callender.'


It's really not, and I'm fairly sure that if I asked anyone to check their callender they'd just refer me to a dictionary.

Reploid Productions wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'd really like to use some more colourful (oh, wait, colorful - better spell it that way so you don't get confused) language here, but I don't think the mods would appreciate it.

Knock it off with the potshots at another player's intelligence.


If you went back over the thread, you'd see Shrew isn't doing that. Then again, potshots all round, right? https://imgur.com/SQounRO If you don't believe this proposal has anything to do with April Fools', think again.*sigh* Moderators can be so disappointingly partial :(
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4723
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:Knock it off with the potshots at another player's intelligence.


If you went back over the thread, you'd see Shrew isn't doing that. Then again, potshots all round, right? https://imgur.com/SQounRO If you don't believe this proposal has anything to do with April Fools', think again.*sigh* Moderators can be so disappointingly partial :(


Trying to imply moderator bias by posting a screenshot of a moderator's personal off-site comments is really stupid of you, Joco. For someone that hides behind the OOC tag so much, you don't seem to know what it represents.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 138
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:26 pm

Jocospor wrote:OOC: Yes, because British English is a local dialect.


Local dialect was a poor choice of description, fair enough. Nonetheless, British terms will generally only be understood by British in the same way that American terms will only be understood by Americans, Australian terms by Australians, and so forth. If I told you to "check your buggy" and you misinterpreted what a buggy was, is that your fault for having inter-cultural lack of awareness, or my fault for using a non-universal term?

Jocospor wrote:If you went back over the thread, you'd see Shrew isn't doing that.


If I told you to "toss a poke for the aluminum armor", it'd be pretty facetious of me to assume that if you don't know what a poke is, that must also mean you have no idea aluminum armor means aluminium armour.
Last edited by The Gilded Star on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ransium
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 5872
Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ransium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:12 pm

I had to take out a space after the bracket to make the title fit. Change as you please so long as it keeps the at vote tag.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest since March 20th, 2007.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017.
Author of 22 issues. First editor of 44.
Forum Moderator since November 10th, 2017. Game Moderator since March 15th, 2018.

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Envoy
 
Posts: 227
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Anarchy

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:42 pm

Two hours in... glad to see we've already got three Pacifics voting against us.

It's fine though, we have some "interesting" campaign telegrams lined up which will be sure to make the vote much closer.

Ransium wrote:I had to take out a space after the bracket to make the title fit. Change as you please so long as it keeps the at vote tag.

All good, it looks fine as is.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Chancellor's Office

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Caracasus
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7442
Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Caracasus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 am

Jocospor wrote:
The Gilded Star wrote:Re: Diary vs Calendar

When speaking to multi-regional audience it's preferred to use the most universal terms possible to make sure everyone is on the same page. While you can get mad at Americans for not knowing a local dialect (everyone has to learn it for the first time sometime), it'd be like Americans getting mad at others for not knowing Fahrenheit or Imperial units. Not meant to be patronizing, but just something from experience of doing public speaking for many different audiences. It's a similar reason why politicians "dumb down" their speeches for their voters, as well.

And if mistakes are made regardless, like I said, everyone has to learn for the first time sometime.


OOC: Yes, because British English is a local dialect.

Caracasus wrote:It was still weird phrasing in British English. It would make more sense to say 'check the callender.'


It's really not, and I'm fairly sure that if I asked anyone to check their callender they'd just refer me to a dictionary.

Reploid Productions wrote:Knock it off with the potshots at another player's intelligence.


If you went back over the thread, you'd see Shrew isn't doing that. Then again, potshots all round, right? https://imgur.com/SQounRO If you don't believe this proposal has anything to do with April Fools', think again.*sigh* Moderators can be so disappointingly partial :(


Nah, it really is weird phrasing to say check your diary - unless you're my nan. You're not my nan are you Joco? Because I'm pretty sure my nan isn't on NS and I'm certain she wouldn't want anything to do with fascists.

I'm afraid I only usually bother with breaking out my laptop and using a spellcheck for stuff that matters - hence the typo.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!



Issues editor, not a moderator.

User avatar
United States of Americanas
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 194
Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United States of Americanas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:09 am

Why was resolution 263 passed anyway? shouldn’t we be condemning them?

Resolution 263 is written the way a condemnation would be written but is filed as a liberation.

What the fuq is going on here?
Last edited by United States of Americanas on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Damn right I’m a liberal democratic socialist. I sit in the ranks of Gandhi.
https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=88.6

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4723
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:00 am

United States of Americanas wrote:Why was resolution 263 passed anyway? shouldn’t we be condemning them?

Resolution 263 is written the way a condemnation would be written but is filed as a liberation.

What the fuq is going on here?


Condemnations are seen as nothing more than badges of honor, because that is what they almost always are. They do nothing in the game. Using Liberation proposals in the place of Condemnations, however, make a region easier to raid if/when their founder CTE's, which can inspire the corrective behavior in the regions we pass them against. If they don't work towards correcting their behavior, then they'll have that glaring security risk to actually effectively punish them.

It's a rare to use the Liberation proposal this way, as it's reserved for use against fascist and fascist-leaning regions. The CoCD was Liberated in this way after they attempted to pass a self-Commendation in the Security Council that included them bragging about spreading fascism.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Envoy
 
Posts: 227
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Anarchy

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:20 am

United States of Americanas wrote:Why was resolution 263 passed anyway? shouldn’t we be condemning them?

You're welcome to try. We wouldn't mind another badge.

RiderSyl wrote:Using Liberation proposals in the place of Condemnations, however, make a region easier to raid if/when their founder CTE's, which can inspire the corrective behavior in the regions we pass them against. If they don't work towards correcting their behavior, then they'll have that glaring security risk to actually effectively punish them.

This is honestly the best joke in the entire thread.

RiderSyl wrote:The CoCD was Liberated in this way after they attempted to pass a self-Commendation in the Security Council that included them bragging about spreading fascism.

If you're going to bring this up again, you can at least give us the full credit. We've attempted to pass a self-commendation three times.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Chancellor's Office

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2128
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Thuzbekistan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:21 am

RiderSyl wrote:
United States of Americanas wrote:Why was resolution 263 passed anyway? shouldn’t we be condemning them?

Resolution 263 is written the way a condemnation would be written but is filed as a liberation.

What the fuq is going on here?


Condemnations are seen as nothing more than badges of honor, because that is what they almost always are. They do nothing in the game. Using Liberation proposals in the place of Condemnations, however, make a region easier to raid if/when their founder CTE's, which can inspire the corrective behavior in the regions we pass them against. If they don't work towards correcting their behavior, then they'll have that glaring security risk to actually effectively punish them.

It's a rare to use the Liberation proposal this way, as it's reserved for use against fascist and fascist-leaning regions. The CoCD was Liberated in this way after they attempted to pass a self-Commendation in the Security Council that included them bragging about spreading fascism.

This practice is only a couple years old. Its the dumbest thing that could be done. "I dont like how they act in their own region. Better threaten to destroy their community!

Ugh. The SC can just dissolve.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Blood Wine
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1651
Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:28 am

Jocospor wrote:If you went back over the thread, you'd see Shrew isn't doing that. Then again, potshots all round, right? https://imgur.com/SQounRO If you don't believe this proposal has anything to do with April Fools', think again.*sigh* Moderators can be so disappointingly partial :(


1. drop the victim complex
2. you're violating the discord ToS, evading bans via alts are not allowed
Formerly known as Port Blood
Current foreign Minister of gay
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Envoy
 
Posts: 227
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Anarchy

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Jocospor wrote:If you went back over the thread, you'd see Shrew isn't doing that. Then again, potshots all round, right? https://imgur.com/SQounRO If you don't believe this proposal has anything to do with April Fools', think again.*sigh* Moderators can be so disappointingly partial :(


1. drop the victim complex
2. you're violating the discord ToS, evading bans via alts are not allowed

1. I don't have a victim complex. Neither does Jocospor.
2. Explain?
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Chancellor's Office

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4723
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:55 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Using Liberation proposals in the place of Condemnations, however, make a region easier to raid if/when their founder CTE's, which can inspire the corrective behavior in the regions we pass them against. If they don't work towards correcting their behavior, then they'll have that glaring security risk to actually effectively punish them.

This is honestly the best joke in the entire thread.

It's not a joke.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:The CoCD was Liberated in this way after they attempted to pass a self-Commendation in the Security Council that included them bragging about spreading fascism.

If you're going to bring this up again, you can at least give us the full credit. We've attempted to pass a self-commendation three times.

I'm answering United States of Americanas' question. The other self-commendations don't have anything to do with why y'all were Liberated. Try to use logic when replying to people.

Thuzbekistan wrote:This practice is only a couple years old. Its the dumbest thing that could be done. "I dont like how they act in their own region. Better threaten to destroy their community!

Ugh. The SC can just dissolve.


Why are you so disgusted with the attempted punishment of fascist behavior?

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:1. I don't have a victim complex. Neither does Jocospor.

Well, you're both very good at acting like it. Complaining about the big bad "WA elites" holding you down, complaining about the big bad biased mods... I guess because you don't tag it OOC, it's part of your roleplay, right?
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads