NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Naivetry wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:And isn't nice that we could have this discussion about NAZI EUROPE in a thread about ninjas and pirates? :lol:

Yeeeah... about that.

I think this is one of the shortest resolution debate threads I've seen. Does anyone have anything to say about the repeal besides variations on "Dur, the SC is horrible and immature, why can't it stay that way so we can keep making fun of it until it dies?"

I'm opposed to it IC but OOC I'm not really fussed about it one way or another. You have to admit that an international body discussing pirates, ninjas and Nazis is not something you see every day though.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:I'm opposed to it IC but OOC I'm not really fussed about it one way or another. You have to admit that an international body discussing pirates, ninjas and Nazis is not something you see every day though.

True.

Which, when I think about it, makes me all the more sad that we've only just hit 4 pages. How can ninjas + pirates + Nazis not add up to an epic thread?

It's enough to make me want to RP this debate instead... *shifty look*

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Naivetry wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:And isn't nice that we could have this discussion about NAZI EUROPE in a thread about ninjas and pirates? :lol:

Yeeeah... about that.

I think this is one of the shortest resolution debate threads I've seen. Does anyone have anything to say about the repeal besides variations on "Dur, the SC is horrible and immature, why can't it stay that way so we can keep making fun of it until it dies?"

Well, some have said that we shouldn't repeal the resolution because it was passed so recently.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:55 pm

South Norwega wrote:
Naivetry wrote:

Yeeeah... about that.

Well, some have said that we shouldn't repeal the resolution because it was passed so recently.

And others have said it should be removed from the books before it leaves a stain.

To be frank, I just can't get worked up about this at all. I was confused to see the original resolution at vote, and I'm even more confused to see this repeal. It just all seems somewhat less than useful.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:04 am

Naivetry wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:I'm opposed to it IC but OOC I'm not really fussed about it one way or another. You have to admit that an international body discussing pirates, ninjas and Nazis is not something you see every day though.

True.

Which, when I think about it, makes me all the more sad that we've only just hit 4 pages. How can ninjas + pirates + Nazis not add up to an epic thread?

It's enough to make me want to RP this debate instead... *shifty look*

Well it's still got 20 hours. It could become epic yet.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 am

"If there are actually pirates based in that region, and any of those pirates commit their raids with an international scope, are the WA member nations within that region actually fully compliant with GA Resolution #20 'Suppress International Piracy' in their policies towards those pirates?"

Urra o HighPeaks,
Apprentice Voice, Bears Armed Mission at the WA.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:39 am

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Condemn NAZI EUROPE

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: NAZI EUROPE

Proposed by: Tannerfrankl

RECOGNIZING the Nazi ideology as one of hate,

ASSERTING that any region condoning and encouraging such beliefs is a danger to a large range of minorities and cultures,

FURTHER ASSERTING that it is our responsibility to discourage this kind of intolerance,

HOPING that an official condemnation from the World Assembly will discourage people from listening to or believing any messages of hate or intolerance from this region,

the World Assembly hereby condemns the region of NAZI EUROPE.

The first instance (any region) strongly implies that it's talking about a certain region called NAZI EUROPE when you consider that the title of the resolution was "Condemn NAZI EUROPE". Same for the second instance (this region). The third one actually says "the region of NAZI EUROPE", but I suppose it could have meant some other region.

And isn't nice that we could have this discussion about NAZI EUROPE in a thread about ninjas and pirates? :lol:

It doesn't condemn NAZI EUROPE for any actions they specifically did though. That's what I meant.

You can supplant any region's name into this...

HOPING that an official condemnation from the World Assembly will discourage people from listening to or believing any messages of hate or intolerance from _________,

And yes, the triad of nazis, ninjas and pirates makes my heart sing with joy.
Last edited by Unibot on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 am

Unibot wrote:It doesn't condemn NAZI EUROPE for any actions they specifically did though. That's what I meant.

I think my original point though was that it implies the region itself is a danger to minorities, and if so that is something best handled by the moderation staff.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Just a quick note, because I have no idea otherwise how to deal with this besides telegramming everyone again -

I asked for input from the people voting against on their reasons for doing so, and got back way more telegrams than I was expecting. In fact, I got so many that my inbox was entirely flooded by the time I got back to my computer today, and I'm sure I've lost a number of the earliest responses. If one of them happened to be yours, my apologies for the failure to reply, and I'll be happy to do so if you resend... if it was anytime before about 8 am Eastern time, I'm afraid I don't have it now. And thanks to everyone who did respond, if you happen to be reading this thread. :)

EDIT: Also, if I still have your telegram, you will be receiving a message from me in reply soon; I just couldn't get through all of them tonight. :)
Last edited by Naivetry on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:50 pm

It appears I've missed a great bit... Too bad I don't have time to catch up! Congrats to Naivetry on a successful repeal, I wish I had logged on to vote for it.

I can't wait for summer when I will hopefully have time for the SC again!!
AKA Weed

Omigodtheyplutoedkenny
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Omigodtheyplutoedkenny » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 am

Naivetry wrote:Just a quick note, because I have no idea otherwise how to deal with this besides telegramming everyone again -

I asked for input from the people voting against on their reasons for doing so, and got back way more telegrams than I was expecting. In fact, I got so many that my inbox was entirely flooded by the time I got back to my computer today, and I'm sure I've lost a number of the earliest responses. If one of them happened to be yours, my apologies for the failure to reply, and I'll be happy to do so if you resend... if it was anytime before about 8 am Eastern time, I'm afraid I don't have it now. And thanks to everyone who did respond, if you happen to be reading this thread. :)

Yeah, I don't know how you do things in Gameplay-land, but usually when you're winning by a 2-to-1 margin you can stop harassing the no-voters.

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 am

Omigodtheyplutoedkenny wrote:
Naivetry wrote:Just a quick note, because I have no idea otherwise how to deal with this besides telegramming everyone again -

Yeah, I don't know how you do things in Gameplay-land, but usually when you're winning by a 2-to-1 margin you can stop harassing the no-voters.

It's an intelligence gathering operation. Nai is trying to determine if the no-voters are raiders or raider sympathizers. :p
OOC puppet of Yelda

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 am

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:

It's an intelligence gathering operation. Nai is trying to determine if the no-voters are raiders or raider sympathizers. :p

If this was a liberation you may not be far off the truth... ;)

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 am

Unibot wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:

Hmmm, so everyone in the game that isn't a defender is likely a raider or raider sympathizer and this status can be determined by how they vote on defender-sponsored legislation. Interesting.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Poree
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Poree » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:55 am

OCC: I used to not care either way regarding the Raider/Gamer issue. I just wated to play in the WA/SC and have some fun. But now I see that the Gamers will not allow me to do that. Talk about Ironic wouldn't you say.
Sarah Woodman
Representative of The Empire of Poree
Regional Delegate

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Most short-lived resolution ever? Incredible tactic honoured ambassador from Naivetry: well done. And as with every passed SC resolution, I will now get my hammer and chisel out.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:It's an intelligence gathering operation. Nai is trying to determine if the no-voters are raiders or raider sympathizers. :p

:lol:

Honestly, TGing people is one of my favorite parts of the WA. I love getting into conversations with NS'ers I might never have had a chance to meet otherwise. And it's a great opportunity to learn (from Delegates who have well thought-out reasons for voting the way they do) what issues really do and don't matter to the NS population beyond the forums.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Unibot wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:

Hmmm, so everyone in the game that isn't a defender is likely a raider or raider sympathizer and this status can be determined by how they vote on defender-sponsored legislation. Interesting.

Exactly. :roll:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives