NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Confederation Of Corrupt Dictators

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

[PASSED] Liberate Confederation Of Corrupt Dictators

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 am

Friend suggested this to me, I thought it was a good idea and here we are. Good first proposal for the SC, methinks. I look forward to the debate :)

Liberate Confederation Of Corrupt Dictators

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
Proposed By: Lord Dominator

The Security Council,

Disgusted by the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators's open embrace of fascists and self-identification as such;

Observing without surprise that Confederation of Corrupt Dictators maintains diplomatic ties with several Nazi regions, including one previously liberated by this Assembly;

Concerned that Confederation of Corrupt Dictators may serve to indoctrinate new nations into fascism and similar abhorrent ideologies;

Exasperated by the region's previous attempt to commend themselves;

Aware that Confederation of Corrupt Dictators currently has an Executive Founder;

Hoping to warn both Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and future regions from promoting fascism, other such ideologies, and blatant use of this Assembly as recruitment and ego-boosting;

This Security Council hereby liberates Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
Last edited by Ransium on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am, edited 10 times in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 am

Liberate Confederation Of Corrupt Dictators

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
Proposed By: Lord Dominator

Aware that Confederation of Corrupt Dictators currently has an Executive Founder;

Abhorred by the region's open embrace of fascists and self-identification as such;

Noting Confederation of Corrupt Dictators maintains diplomatic ties with several Nazi regions, including one previously liberated by this Assembly;

Concerned that Confederation of Corrupt Dictators may serve to indoctrinate young nations into fascism and similar abhorrent ideologies;

Strongly Annoyed by the region's previous attempt to commend themselves;

Hoping to warn both Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and future regions from promoting fascism, other such ideologies, and blatant use of this Assembly as recruitment and ego-boosting;

This Security Council hereby liberates Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:30 am

I don't think they need any more attention than what they've already received. Recognition like this will still play into their hand.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I don't think they need any more attention than what they've already received. Recognition like this will still play into their hand.

I do agree with that, but I think at the current moment is roughly the peak of attention they're likely to get anyways, between the failed self-Commend and WA-wide tgs (and a whole heck of a lot of recruitment).
That and 4 days of extra attention is a small price to pay for the eventual destruction of the region.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:35 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:This "Liberation" sounds more like an occupation of those who DARED OPPOSE AND LEAD THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE ALL-MIGHTY POWERFUL WA AND DARED BE INSTRUMENTAL IN DEFEATING THE BAN ON CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!

*Spits on the document.*

I honestly don't care about their position on that, the proposal was doomed to fail regardless. I'm significantly more concerned about the region being openly fascist and engaging in mass recruitment.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:37 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I honestly don't care about their position on that, the proposal was doomed to fail regardless. I'm significantly more concerned about the region being openly fascist and engaging in mass recruitment.

This seems more to me like a power grab to break up the opposition.

I am strongly opposed to it due to that sentiment.

You're welcome to your opinion, but that's not why I'm doing this

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:You're welcome to your opinion, but that's not why I'm doing this

What I find funny, is that you are targeting Fascist States.

Does the WA not allow Fascism?

It does, we (speaking more about Gameplay here) just don't really like them and generally try to shove them off the site/discourage them when possible.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 am

I hope this is a joke. Theses people don't deserve any recognition.

Eternal Lotharia wrote:This "Liberation" sounds more like an occupation of those who DARED OPPOSE AND LEAD THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE ALL-MIGHTY POWERFUL WA AND DARED BE INSTRUMENTAL IN DEFEATING THE BAN ON CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!

*Spits on the document.*

TEP already has a liberation thank you very much.

Eternal Lotharia wrote:God my resignation warnings are going to become a meme aren't they?

The WA doesn't generally take threats of resignation seriously. They're only ever issued by people whose resignation would go unnoticed anyway.
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:50 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:It does, we (speaking more about Gameplay here) just don't really like them and generally try to shove them off the site/discourage them when possible.

Sounds toxic to me, and as such I can't let such a bill pass.

I shall resign if it does due to the abuse of authority and blatant corruption and bias, and ask others to as well.

God my resignation warnings are going to become a meme aren't they?

shrugs, maybe
Either way, you're welcome to your opinion even if I rather obviously disagree :p

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 am

Aclion wrote:I hope this is a joke. Theses people don't deserve any recognition.

One could argue KR & Nazi Europa didn't either, and they both got one ;)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:52 am

Not this shit again.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:54 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:What I find funny, is that you are targeting Fascist States.

Does the WA not allow Fascism?

It does, we (speaking more about Gameplay here) just don't really like them and generally try to shove them off the site/discourage them when possible.

I'm against neo-liberations, especially when they're championed by allies of North Korea. I'm not joining the "it's ok to be oppressive as long as you're not a fascist" bandwagon. I don't like the CCD, but it ain't enough to make me support this resolution.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:55 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Not this shit again.

Long time no see
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:It does, we (speaking more about Gameplay here) just don't really like them and generally try to shove them off the site/discourage them when possible.

I'm against neo-liberations, especially when they're championed by allies of North Korea. I'm not joining the "it's ok to be oppressive as long as you're not a fascist" bandwagon. I don't like the CCD, but it ain't enough to make me support this resolution.

Point of information, but I'm certainly not an ally of North Korea

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:58 am

Lord Dominator wrote:

Long time no see
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I'm against neo-liberations, especially when they're championed by allies of North Korea. I'm not joining the "it's ok to be oppressive as long as you're not a fascist" bandwagon. I don't like the CCD, but it ain't enough to make me support this resolution.

I'm not accusing you, but I'm guaranteeing that NK allies will get behind this despite the fact that they're also an oppressive ideology. They're also just as bad, but won't be targeted by resolutions like this.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Long time no see

I'm not accusing you, but I'm guaranteeing that NK allies will get behind this despite the fact that they're also an oppressive ideology. They're also just as bad, but won't be targeted by resolutions like this.

Ah, fair enough. Carry on

Chipu
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chipu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 am

We oppose to this. A liberation will not work at all for this kind of purpose. If you sought to make them more vulnerable to raiders, that would not work due to the presence of an executive founder.
If you want to condemn them for their ways, draft a condemnation.
A power 15 civilization, according to this index's Power Comparator Scale.

OOC Info:
I am a proud conservative liberal.

Aclion
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Aclion wrote:I hope this is a joke. Theses people don't deserve any recognition.

One could argue KR & Nazi Europa didn't either, and they both got one ;)

One could, those two at least have done things other then "send lots of recruitment teles" though.
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:19 am

Well, their first draft at a self commendation was based on the fact they're the largest region of fascists. Now, I don't know exactly how true that boast is but I can very easily get behind the liberation and hopeful eventual invasion of the region. Yeah, it makes their position as a region more precarious, they're self proclaimed fascists and there's a few hundred nations (although no idea how many actual unique players calling it their first home) in there.

Yup. Full support.

EDIT: I of course appreciate the view that such regions don't deserve any attention, positive or negative - however in all seriousness disruption and removal of such communities has been found to have a positive effect on the community as a whole. It makes it harder for them to promote their - for want of a better word - ideology and those who leave or are ejected from that small sub group suddenly find themselves in an area where their views aren't accepted or reinforced by others. As far as I see it, attempting to stop fascists from congregating in areas online is simply good housekeeping.
Last edited by Caracasus on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Aclion
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:24 am

Caracasus wrote:Well, their first draft at a self commendation was based on the fact they're the largest region of fascists. Now, I don't know exactly how true that boast is but I can very easily get behind the liberation and hopeful eventual invasion of the region. Yeah, it makes their position as a region more precarious, they're self proclaimed fascists and there's a few hundred nations (although no idea how many actual unique players calling it their first home) in there.

Yup. Full support.

EDIT: I of course appreciate the view that such regions don't deserve any attention, positive or negative - however in all seriousness disruption and removal of such communities has been found to have a positive effect on the community as a whole. It makes it harder for them to promote their - for want of a better word - ideology and those who leave or are ejected from that small sub group suddenly find themselves in an area where their views aren't accepted or reinforced by others. As far as I see it, attempting to stop fascists from congregating in areas online is simply good housekeeping.

Thing is, once a WA resolution is passed regarding them it's impossible to ever really remove them, even if the region is destroyed the WA resolution is here to stay. Even a repeal wont change that.
As it is we're preserving it.
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chipu
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chipu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:26 am

Caracasus wrote:Well, their first draft at a self commendation was based on the fact they're the largest region of fascists. Now, I don't know exactly how true that boast is but I can very easily get behind the liberation and hopeful eventual invasion of the region. Yeah, it makes their position as a region more precarious, they're self proclaimed fascists and there's a few hundred nations (although no idea how many actual unique players calling it their first home) in there.

Yup. Full support.

The founder can just undo it. Why even try?
A power 15 civilization, according to this index's Power Comparator Scale.

OOC Info:
I am a proud conservative liberal.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:27 am

Aclion wrote:

Yup. Full support.

Thing is, once a WA resolution is passed regarding them it's impossible to ever really remove them, even if the region is destroyed the WA resolution is here to stay. Even a repeal wont change that.
As it is we're preserving it.

True, it is a very tricky balancing act and I do respect your position on this. However I would argue that it might be worth having the resolution on the books as the resolution itself isn't creating a set safe space for fascists.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:28 am

Lord Dominator wrote:

Long time no see
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I'm against neo-liberations, especially when they're championed by allies of North Korea. I'm not joining the "it's ok to be oppressive as long as you're not a fascist" bandwagon. I don't like the CCD, but it ain't enough to make me support this resolution.

Eh...I'm always around, a lot less at the moment as I'm on holiday, but around.

So yeah, I don't support this liberation, as you can guess when you see my name appear on the thread, and I don't support it for the reasons you already know I don't support it. I don't really have much to add.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 am

If It would go to vote I'd support it - but otherwise it's a wasted effort imo
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 am

Chipu wrote:We oppose to this. A liberation will not work at all for this kind of purpose. If you sought to make them more vulnerable to raiders, that would not work due to the presence of an executive founder.
If you want to condemn them for their ways, draft a condemnation.

Or wait until the founder CTE's, and then raid the region. The founder (Jocospor) is also the WA delegate, so if something were to happen to them, I doubt the raiders would need the help of a liberation.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 am

Blood Wine wrote:If It would go to vote I'd support it - but otherwise it's a wasted effort imo

CCD is not NE. It has 109 endos on its delegate, that region isn't dying.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives