NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Xoriet

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Escade meant that in the way of Gameplay families, where people pretend they are in a family. It's a very weird form of rp for the most part.

This ^

Also, don't appreciate the threadjack at all, particularly considering you seem to have a personal issue there.
Last edited by Escade on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 am

Escade wrote:Also, don't appreciate the threadjack at all, particularly considering you seem to have a personal issue there.

Oh no, heaven forbid someone comment against your proposal.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:11 am

Jocospor wrote:
Furry Things wrote:Well, I haven't personally seen all the things Xoviet has done, Xoviet has been kind and helpful as long as I've been here. Definitely for.

As an aside, the statement "Helping organize the 60 nations needed to liberate Anne Frank from the fascist occupiers in December 2014" caught me off guard for a second.

Edit:

Ah, good, a screenshot of a TG with absolutely no context.

OOC: If more context is really required: https://imgur.com/EeiGo1N

OOC: So you're accusing Xoriet of plotting a Self-Commend with a family member, just because she opposed your WA proposals? That's crossing a line, Jocospor.
As others have pointed out too, Escade and Xoriet aren't real-life sisters. I have trouble believing that you couldn't figure that out without the slightest bit of research.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ragnaria
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ragnaria » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 am

Pointless proposal, nation is clearly a part of an established coalition and will receive the commendation no matter the actions of minor players.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:56 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Jocospor wrote:
OOC: If more context is really required: https://imgur.com/EeiGo1N

OOC: So you're accusing Xoriet of plotting a Self-Commend with a family member, just because she opposed your WA proposals? That's crossing a line, Jocospor.
As others have pointed out too, Escade and Xoriet aren't real-life sisters. I have trouble believing that you couldn't figure that out without the slightest bit of research.

OOC: Well, if truth be told, the Confederation was against the commend before the whole sister thing came onto the scene. But hey, if truth be told, crossing lines is rather a speciality.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 am

Ragnaria wrote:Pointless proposal, nation is clearly a part of an established coalition and will receive the commendation no matter the actions of minor players.

What "established coalition" are they "clearly" a part of?

Jocospor wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:

OOC: Well, if truth be told, the Confederation was against the commend before the whole sister thing came onto the scene. But hey, if truth be told, crossing lines is rather a speciality.

OOC: Find a different specialty.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 am

Full support because Xoriet is an amazing and storied person and totally not because she made me her son because of something I said out of context.
Last edited by Jar Wattinree on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:36 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Ragnaria wrote:Pointless proposal, nation is clearly a part of an established coalition and will receive the commendation no matter the actions of minor players.

What "established coalition" are they "clearly" a part of?

Jocospor wrote:OOC: Well, if truth be told, the Confederation was against the commend before the whole sister thing came onto the scene. But hey, if truth be told, crossing lines is rather a speciality.

OOC: Find a different specialty.

Oh, bother, looks like we've crossed their line too! *the Delegate's Office shrugs, quickly returning to the game of darts at hand. The board is roughly outlined alike the borders of Xoriet*
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Catalyse
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2010

Postby Catalyse » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 am

Family needs to stick together, full support.
Jumbled up letters.
Former WA Delegate of TRR.
Former some other things.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 am

Jocospor wrote:OOC: If more context is really required: https://imgur.com/EeiGo1N

Additional context was not needed. Furthermore, I am ruling that posting a photo of you calling a player a "disgusting eyesore" on the forum is similar to you writing it out. Therefore, you are flaming. *** 1-day forum ban for Flaming ***. Please note that this ban applies to you the player and not just this nation.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 am

You're absolutely correct. I watched the proposal as it first went to vote - when close to a thousand votes get dropped "For" in the first few minutes, there's really no chance for individual nations or delegates of smaller regions to make a difference.

Jakker wrote:
Jocospor wrote:OOC: If more context is really required: https://imgur.com/EeiGo1N

Additional context was not needed. Furthermore, I am ruling that posting a photo of you calling a player a "disgusting eyesore" on the forum is similar to you writing it out. Therefore, you are flaming. *** 1-day forum ban for Flaming ***. Please note that this ban applies to you the player and not just this nation.

OOC: I'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous. A request for more context was clearly implied here:

Furry Things wrote:
Jocospor wrote:OOC: You'll find evidence for our accusations here: https://i.imgur.com/qwqT22f.png

Ah, good, a screenshot of a TG with absolutely no context.
ShrewLlamaLand

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

You're absolutely correct. I watched the proposal as it first went to vote - when close to a thousand votes get dropped "For" in the first few minutes, there's really no chance for individual nations or delegates of smaller regions to make a difference.

Spare us the faux outrage. You're still just sour about the GCR delegates stacking against your old pro-fascist proposals. If they had stacked in favor of them, you wouldn't even care.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:OOC: I'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous. A request for more context was clearly implied here:

Furry Things wrote:Ah, good, a screenshot of a TG with absolutely no context.

That doesn't imply a request for more context.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 am

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:You're absolutely correct. I watched the proposal as it first went to vote - when close to a thousand votes get dropped "For" in the first few minutes, there's really no chance for individual nations or delegates of smaller regions to make a difference.

Spare us the faux outrage. You're still just sour about the GCR delegates stacking against your old pro-fascist proposals. If they had stacked in favor of them, you wouldn't even care.

It's just plain old outrage, nothing faux about it. The fact that a couple large delegates can effectively decide the outcome of an entire vote is absurd.

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:OOC: I'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous. A request for more context was clearly implied here:

That doesn't imply a request for more context.

OOC: It quite clearly states that Jocospor's original comment was lacking context, which I would logically interpret as a request to provide said context. If you don't agree with that, can you then explain to me what that implies to you?
ShrewLlamaLand

Ragnaria
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Ragnaria » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Spare us the faux outrage. You're still just sour about the GCR delegates stacking against your old pro-fascist proposals. If they had stacked in favor of them, you wouldn't even care.

It's just plain old outrage, nothing faux about it. The fact that a couple large delegates can effectively decide the outcome of an entire vote is absurd.

It is fairly disheartening when you see a proposal being up, with well over four thousands endorsement within seconds. Really does put things into perspectives, a perspective of utter hopelessness.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:It's just plain old outrage, nothing faux about it. The fact that a couple large delegates can effectively decide the outcome of an entire vote is absurd.

The fact that someone so authoritarian is complaining about a proclaimed lack of power by the common man is what's absurd. What, do you honestly expect anyone to believe you're genuinely outraged? You love dictactorships. You wrote a proposal praising fascists. Clearly, you hypocritically believe that it's only good to have a select group of people that can throw their weight around if they're throwing it around for you.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:That doesn't imply a request for more context.

OOC: It quite clearly states that Jocospor's original comment was lacking context, which I would logically interpret as a request to provide said context. If you don't agree with that, can you then explain to me what that implies to you?

It implies nothing more than what it says. You know that's possible, right? Not everything carries some unsaid meaning.

Ragnaria wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:It's just plain old outrage, nothing faux about it. The fact that a couple large delegates can effectively decide the outcome of an entire vote is absurd.

It is fairly disheartening when you see a proposal being up, with well over four thousands endorsement within seconds. Really does put things into perspectives, a perspective of utter hopelessness.

You're being pointlessly dramatic. Remove the huge delegates' votes from the equation, and it's still passing by a wide margin. How's that for putting things into perspective?
Last edited by RiderSyl on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 am

Haven't seen much of Xoriet, though I have heard of some of their in game activities. I'd rather hear more about why/why not these deserve commendation than arguing over semantics of a warning.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 pm

RiderSyl wrote:

The fact that someone so authoritarian is complaining about a proclaimed lack of power by the common man is what's absurd. What, do you honestly expect anyone to believe you're genuinely outraged? You love dictactorships. You wrote a proposal praising fascists. Clearly, you hypocritically believe that it's only good to have a select group of people that can throw their weight around if they're throwing it around for you.

As I said earlier, I am outraged, frankly it's ridiculous practice.

I'm not particularly concerned about whether you believe me or not. Your argument essentially boils down to "would you still be outraged if the delegate vote was in your favour?" - I think we've used this one before, but we aren't called the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators for nothing.

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:OOC: It quite clearly states that Jocospor's original comment was lacking context, which I would logically interpret as a request to provide said context. If you don't agree with that, can you then explain to me what that implies to you?

It implies nothing more than what it says. You know that's possible, right? Not everything carries some unsaid meaning.

OOC: Then what is the point of posting it?
ShrewLlamaLand

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Caracasus wrote:I'd rather hear more about why/why not these deserve commendation than arguing over semantics of a warning.

If you have to ask about why they deserve the commendation, they probably don't deserve the commendation.
ShrewLlamaLand

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:04 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Caracasus wrote:I'd rather hear more about why/why not these deserve commendation than arguing over semantics of a warning.

If you have to ask about why they deserve the commendation, they probably don't deserve the commendation.

Well I tried subtle...

Can we please move this back to the subject at hand folks?
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 pm

xor is very mean and should not be commended ok thanks
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

Or maybe you just don't know them because they haven't done something recently in the public eye :roll:

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:09 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:The fact that someone so authoritarian is complaining about a proclaimed lack of power by the common man is what's absurd. What, do you honestly expect anyone to believe you're genuinely outraged? You love dictactorships. You wrote a proposal praising fascists. Clearly, you hypocritically believe that it's only good to have a select group of people that can throw their weight around if they're throwing it around for you.

As I said earlier, I am outraged, frankly it's ridiculous practice.

I'm not particularly concerned about whether you believe me or not. Your argument essentially boils down to "would you still be outraged if the delegate vote was in your favour?" - I think we've used this one before, but we aren't called the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators for nothing.

It's very considerate of you to prove my point for me. Thanks!

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:If you have to ask about why they deserve the commendation, they probably don't deserve the commendation.

R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:If you have to ask about why they deserve the commendation, they probably don't deserve the commendation.

Or maybe you just don't know them because they haven't done something recently in the public eye :roll:

Actually, you might be able to help me out here. Seems that the raids on fascist regions were years ago. I heard recently that raiding fascist regions isn't overly impressive because basically everyone just stands to one side and lets them get on with it - so it's largely easier from a technical point of view.

As someone with more insight than me on this, a) is this true and b) did this hold true several years ago or is it a more recent thing?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Or maybe you just don't know them because they haven't done something recently in the public eye :roll:

Actually, you might be able to help me out here. Seems that the raids on fascist regions were years ago. I heard recently that raiding fascist regions isn't overly impressive because basically everyone just stands to one side and lets them get on with it - so it's largely easier from a technical point of view.

As someone with more insight than me on this, a) is this true and b) did this hold true several years ago or is it a more recent thing?

Raiding large fascist/nazi regions would still be considered impressive in general, it's just that holding the region is ridiculously easy since no one will try to liberate them. Putting it together would still require possible sleepers and harder than normal organization since you're generally setting up more people during update, with many possibly coming from orgs that traditionally fight each other.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

Raiding large fascist/nazi regions would still be considered impressive in general, it's just that holding the region is ridiculously easy since no one will try to liberate them. Putting it together would still require possible sleepers and harder than normal organization since you're generally setting up more people during update, with many possibly coming from orgs that traditionally fight each other.

Ahh, so easier to accomplish once you've put in a hell of a lot of groundwork than you'd usually need to building alliances and playing nicely with others. Okay, that seems fair enough to me and certainly worthy of recognition.
Last edited by Caracasus on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives