NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Confederation Of Corrupt Dictators

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Just looking at the numbers at the moment pretty much guarantees that the second attempt will fail too. When people see this nonsense back to vote again, they will vote it down just like they are now. Your region has done fuck all in terms of anything noteworthy, your region isn't even that old, and people get pissed off with self-commendations. It'll fail again, and again, and again...

Xoriet wrote:Let's just put it this way. You will never have your region Commended for as long as it stands for the fascist ideology. This vote margin is exactly what you have to look forward to every time you try. There is nothing Commendable about this region. You made enemies with the people whose votes add extra weight in the World Assembly votes. Your conduct has not given me any indications that the totality of your region is any more well-mannered or thoughtful than you are. Your founder is, if anything, behaving even more poorly on the forums. Turn your region into something respectable, and maybe you'll get a smiley face sticker as congratulations for having a region worth acknowledging. You sure aren't getting a Commendation.

I'm well aware the odds are stacked against us. I'm still hopeful that with various improvements to the current proposal, it will eventually pass.

RiderSyl wrote:Dragging this here to respond to it
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Be completely honest here: if my proposal had been forum drafted, and come from a nation outside the Confederation, would you have voted for it?

First, it would have to have been a Condemnation. Recognize you're playing the villain in NS, and build your reputation around it.

OOC: I'm not quite sure what you think we're doing here replying on the forums...
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Just looking at the numbers at the moment pretty much guarantees that the second attempt will fail too. When people see this nonsense back to vote again, they will vote it down just like they are now. Your region has done fuck all in terms of anything noteworthy, your region isn't even that old, and people get pissed off with self-commendations. It'll fail again, and again, and again...

Xoriet wrote:Let's just put it this way. You will never have your region Commended for as long as it stands for the fascist ideology. This vote margin is exactly what you have to look forward to every time you try. There is nothing Commendable about this region. You made enemies with the people whose votes add extra weight in the World Assembly votes. Your conduct has not given me any indications that the totality of your region is any more well-mannered or thoughtful than you are. Your founder is, if anything, behaving even more poorly on the forums. Turn your region into something respectable, and maybe you'll get a smiley face sticker as congratulations for having a region worth acknowledging. You sure aren't getting a Commendation.

I'm well aware the odds are stacked against us. I'm still hopeful that with various improvements to the current proposal, it will eventually pass.

It won't. You need to understand that. It won't.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Oof. Even as far as the "We're fascist yay us you should totally commend us for it" proposals go, this one is poorly written. If this resolution is to be believed then the region has never done anything interesting, ever. Brutal.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Oof. Even as far as the "We're fascist yay us you should totally commend us for it" proposals go, this one is poorly written. If this resolution is to be believed then the region has never done anything interesting, ever. Brutal.

Thank you for your valuable input.
ShrewLlamaLand

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:13 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:OOC: I'm not quite sure what you think we're doing here replying on the forums...

OOC: Oh man, all of that was IC? I think a lot of people thought you guys weren't doing characters. Most probably still won't think you are.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:14 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Oof. Even as far as the "We're fascist yay us you should totally commend us for it" proposals go, this one is poorly written. If this resolution is to be believed then the region has never done anything interesting, ever. Brutal.

It's great, isn't it? You should probably take stock of what is being said there...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:OOC: I'm not quite sure what you think we're doing here replying on the forums...

OOC: Oh man, all of that was IC? I think a lot of people thought you guys weren't doing characters. Most probably still won't think you are.

I highly suspect it isn't IC, as I have been speaking to him in clear OOC a lot of the time...

Wave on, wave on

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

I am always happy to help. Your proposal doesn't say anything. There are plenty of words, and at the end all I know about the region is that it's fascist. There are plenty of fascist regions out there. This one appears to be even more boring than most. If your region hasn't done anything then no one cares. Has nothing to do with you being fascist. Being fascist doesn't help, but even if you were a region dedicated to liberal democracy you'd get shot down.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:25 pm

RiderSyl wrote:

OOC: Yeah... now that you mention it I should probably make that a little clearer, huh?

The New California Republic wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:OOC: Oh man, all of that was IC? I think a lot of people thought you guys weren't doing characters. Most probably still won't think you are.

I highly suspect it isn't IC, as I have been speaking to him in clear OOC a lot of the time...

OOC: You're wrong, although I do have a bad habit of ignoring others' OOC markers and replying to them IC.

You'll see that whatever we've replied to with our own "OOC" has always had a different tone, and has never been very serious:

Jocospor wrote:
Kuriko wrote:Well, from what I've seen you've been banned from the forums at least once for flaming/flame baiting. Now, I don't know your record nor do I even want to know, but it only goes so far before moderators get tired of it.

OOC: I mean, we're getting a bit tired of certain things too. Honestly, we're pleased we brought a bit of flare to the World Assembly. And I'm sure the moderators have much worse things to deal with than a couple of impassioned players.

Jocospor wrote:
Sefy the Great wrote:can never truly get far when they are both Fascist and Corrupt, and find that fitting to brag about within their region name.

OOC: Look I made the region a long time ago okay, occasionally even I want to change the name.
IC: The Confederation of Corrupt Dictators is titled appropriately, and we will not stand by as you slander the name of the greatest region in all NationStates. A pig in a dress may still be a pig, sir, but at least we have the gall to oink.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Relatively speaking my socks are ancient in relation to that fruit fly over there. 2015 is only "a long time ago" if you use some ridiculous point of comparison.

OOC: I think you need new socks.
ShrewLlamaLand

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Thank you for your valuable input.

I am always happy to help. Your proposal doesn't say anything. There are plenty of words, and at the end all I know about the region is that it's fascist. There are plenty of fascist regions out there. This one appears to be even more boring than most. If your region hasn't done anything then no one cares. Has nothing to do with you being fascist. Being fascist doesn't help, but even if you were a region dedicated to liberal democracy you'd get shot down.

Yes, I'm aware it's not the greatest proposal, and yes, I'm aware being fascist doesn't help.

As I've said, it's going to be re-drafted and resubmitted to the forums after the current vote concludes. Again, I'm very confident with some work that we can get it to pass.
ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:29 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I do have a bad habit of ignoring others' OOC markers and replying to them IC.

Well don't.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:30 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Again, I'm very confident with some work that we can get it to pass.

Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

Wave on, wave on

Democratic Empire of Romania
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Empire of Romania » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 pm

You know, when you submit a commendation, think:
- What makes my region great ?
- Why do I like it ?
- Would others like it, too ? Why ?
Go and ask people what they think of your region before submitting to the WA. The best resolutions take hard work, of months.
Last edited by Democratic Empire of Romania on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Played since 2017.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Again, I'm very confident with some work that we can get it to pass.

Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

It is true, I'm confident it'll pass. Whether or not the resolution actually does pass is entirely different.

Democratic Empire of Romania wrote:You know, when you submit a commendation, think:
- What makes my region great ?
- Why do I like it ?
- Would others like it, too ? Why ?
Go and ask people what they think of your region before submitting to the WA. The best resolutions take hard work, of months.

Could you perhaps share your opinion? What do you think makes the Confederation great?
ShrewLlamaLand

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I am always happy to help. Your proposal doesn't say anything. There are plenty of words, and at the end all I know about the region is that it's fascist. There are plenty of fascist regions out there. This one appears to be even more boring than most. If your region hasn't done anything then no one cares. Has nothing to do with you being fascist. Being fascist doesn't help, but even if you were a region dedicated to liberal democracy you'd get shot down.

Yes, I'm aware it's not the greatest proposal, and yes, I'm aware being fascist doesn't help.

As I've said, it's going to be re-drafted and resubmitted to the forums after the current vote concludes. Again, I'm very confident with some work that we can get it to pass.

It might be more constructive to begin re-drafting immediately since this attempt has failed. Showing others that you have substance to back up a commendation push wouldn't hurt. Then again it's considered bad form to commend one's own region, so in the end it's not looking good.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

It is true, I'm confident it'll pass. Whether or not the resolution actually does pass is entirely different.

I am confident that I will be a God-King tomorrow, but it doesn't make it true.

Wave on, wave on

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:It might be more constructive to begin re-drafting immediately since this attempt has failed. Showing others that you have substance to back up a commendation push wouldn't hurt. Then again it's considered bad form to commend one's own region, so in the end it's not looking good.

The Confederation doesn't give up. Although at this point it's unlikely to pass this time around, we're not going to concede until the vote is over.

The New California Republic wrote:I am confident that I will be a God-King tomorrow, but it doesn't make it true.

But what is true is that you're confident you'll be a God-King tomorrow. Whether or not you actually wake up as a God-King tomorrow is a completely different topic.
ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:But what is true is that you're confident you'll be a God-King tomorrow. Whether or not you actually wake up as a God-King tomorrow is a completely different topic.

This won't pass, no matter how many times you submit it. Believe what you want, but know that it is far removed from reality...

Wave on, wave on

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:But what is true is that you're confident you'll be a God-King tomorrow. Whether or not you actually wake up as a God-King tomorrow is a completely different topic.

This won't pass, no matter how many times you submit it. Believe what you want, but know that it is far removed from reality...

I mean look, you're the one believing you're going to wake up as a God-King tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm the one far removed from reality.

With regards to the proposal, again, I'm still very optimistic about our chances.
ShrewLlamaLand

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:54 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:This won't pass, no matter how many times you submit it. Believe what you want, but know that it is far removed from reality...

I mean look, you're the one believing you're going to wake up as a God-King tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm the one far removed from reality.

Not really, it was a lie actually, so there you go. ;)

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:With regards to the proposal, again, I'm still very optimistic about our chances.

Of course you are. :roll:

Wave on, wave on

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:57 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:This won't pass, no matter how many times you submit it. Believe what you want, but know that it is far removed from reality...

With regards to the proposal, again, I'm still very optimistic about our chances.

Is... this a joke?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Fauxia wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I mean look, you're the one believing you're going to wake up as a God-King tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm the one far removed from reality.

Is... this a joke?

I'm certainly reading it as such.

Wave on, wave on

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Fauxia wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I mean look, you're the one believing you're going to wake up as a God-King tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm the one far removed from reality.

Is... this a joke?

I find in general that if you have to ask, the answer is probably "yes". The first part was clearly a joke.
ShrewLlamaLand

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Nice dodge.

You know what I meant.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:51 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:With regards to the proposal, again, I'm still very optimistic about our chances.

NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives