NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Union of Confederate Regions

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scherzinger
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scherzinger » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 am

Anzu looks around at the discussion at hand. "German propaganda rehashed from a terrible time, Discussions over a region i have never heard of, if this is what the Security council deals with, then I must say i am no longer surprised that my nation hasnt been condemned yet, and as long as it continues, the public executions of pro democracy people, the exiling of french people, and the fact that we have continued a 0% democracy and french rate will simply continue to fly under their radar, as well as keep us quite clear of being condemned. To be honest, i really don't understand what being condemned will do to a nation, but we are a fearless bunch and quite frankly don't care. Anyhow, just something for you all to think about while you mindlessly squabble over regions that like to take initiative and have ambition enough, to invade another region or two." She says aloud.

"It truly intrigues me on how interestingly daft some people are to issues that may have an effect on other nations or their people. I simply fail to see the point of going around shunning one region and condemning another, when i am sure that condemning the nations themselves would probably be a more effective way of dealing with an issue. To be quite honest, while I am not saying that what we do is entirely important, but there are people whom do indeed do things like we do, maybe even worse than my glorious Emperor does. I am not going to suggest to Kommandant Nishizumi that she have the Emperor increase his executions or anything, however, i do wonder how a nation gets put on such notice. I dont really care if i am the target or not, i just wonder if it is exclusively for regions. It is interesting, truly interesting, how these nations squabble over a little ambition. The great Wei leader Cao Cao invaded other regions during The 3 Kingdoms Period of China, and there was no real condemnation there, he even supposedly claimed the head of the great Lu Bu, but what do i know, i'm just the Japanese girl whom represents a great nation trying to find the right place on the world scale." Anzu said to her Co-Ambassador, Miho Nishizumi.

Arkhall
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Arkhall » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 am

Scherzinger wrote:Anzu looks around at the discussion at hand. "German propaganda rehashed from a terrible time, Discussions over a region i have never heard of, if this is what the Security council deals with, then I must say i am no longer surprised that my nation hasnt been condemned yet, and as long as it continues, the public executions of pro democracy people, the exiling of french people, and the fact that we have continued a 0% democracy and french rate will simply continue to fly under their radar, as well as keep us quite clear of being condemned. To be honest, i really don't understand what being condemned will do to a nation, but we are a fearless bunch and quite frankly don't care. Anyhow, just something for you all to think about while you mindlessly squabble over regions that like to take initiative and have ambition enough, to invade another region or two." She says aloud.

"It truly intrigues me on how interestingly daft some people are to issues that may have an effect on other nations or their people. I simply fail to see the point of going around shunning one region and condemning another, when i am sure that condemning the nations themselves would probably be a more effective way of dealing with an issue. To be quite honest, while I am not saying that what we do is entirely important, but there are people whom do indeed do things like we do, maybe even worse than my glorious Emperor does. I am not going to suggest to Kommandant Nishizumi that she have the Emperor increase his executions or anything, however, i do wonder how a nation gets put on such notice. I dont really care if i am the target or not, i just wonder if it is exclusively for regions. It is interesting, truly interesting, how these nations squabble over a little ambition. The great Wei leader Cao Cao invaded other regions during The 3 Kingdoms Period of China, and there was no real condemnation there, he even supposedly claimed the head of the great Lu Bu, but what do i know, i'm just the Japanese girl whom represents a great nation trying to find the right place on the world scale." Anzu said to her Co-Ambassador, Miho Nishizumi.

Security Council is a gameside thing, not an IC thing, but you do you, neat RP

It's well written, at the least.
Scherzinger wrote:I really don't understand what being condemned will do to a nation

It does actually nothing. It's a small badge on a nation or region page that says "condemned by SC resolution 321241241", or something of that nature.
Scherzinger wrote: however, i do wonder how a nation gets put on such notice

It's usually whenever someone wants the badge for being a resolution author, or has a petty grudge. It's very rare that something is an actually constructive and necessary condemnation

Ransium wrote:If being dirty minded was against site rules I'd be DOS.
Hatterleigh wrote:Sandwiches are a social construct.
Last Plains wrote:I've been given limitless power and I'm in a bad mood.
The New California Republic wrote:Nietzsche is just laughable, it reads like tabloid trash.
I'm a female Tamale cripple with snark and a lewd attitude, my dude.
I own Ikuisuus, and don't take kindly to people who TG me telling me how to run it.

North Anhalt
Civilian

Founded: Nov 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Anhalt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:26 am

I would just like to point out the hypocrisy of the WA in matters such as these. In an effort to maintain an inclusive and democratic environment, they actively persecute and condemn nations and regions that do not share their ideology.

I am not fascist, my region is not, and I do not support fascist actions, nations or regions, but I will defend them from WA aggression.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that nations and/or regions that utilize mechanics that are an integral component of nation states gameplay receive criticism and punishment from the entire community. I understand that the effects of raids can destroy regions and ruin the experience for many people, but I also understand that it’s part of how nation states works. I will not support an action that punishes people for utilizing the options available to them.

I did not realize that the WA was so politically limited. I understand the necessity of defending regions from fascist aggressors, which is why I support liberation resolutions. I will not however stand for political oppression and condemnation simply because the actions of a region do not align with the current WA majority.

This isn’t freedom, this is oppression, and I don’t think that’s what the WA wants to be. Forced democracy and liberty isn’t true liberty. I think the WA can do better.
Last edited by North Anhalt on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm

North Anhalt wrote:I would just like to point out the hypocrisy of the WA in matters such as these. I’m an effort to maintain an inclusive and democratic environment, they actively persecute and condemn nations and regions that do not share their ideology.

I am not fascist, my region is not, and I do not support fascist actions, nations or regions, but I will defend them from WA aggression.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that nations and/or regions that utilize mechanics that are an integral component of nation states gameplay receive criticism and punishment from the entire community. I understand that the effects of raids can destroy regions and ruin the experience for many people, but I also understand that it’s part of how nation states works. I will not support an action that punishes people for utilizing the options available to them.

I did not realize that the WA was so politically limited. I understand the necessity of defending regions from fascist aggressors, which is why I support liberation resolutions. I will not however stand for political oppression and condemnation simply because the actions of a region do not align with the current WA majority.

This isn’t freedom, this is oppression, and I don’t think that’s what the WA wants to be. Forced democracy and liberty isn’t true liberty. I think the WA can do better.

how on earth were you founded in November but this was your first post?
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:
North Anhalt wrote:I would just like to point out the hypocrisy of the WA in matters such as these. I’m an effort to maintain an inclusive and democratic environment, they actively persecute and condemn nations and regions that do not share their ideology.

how on earth were you founded in November but this was your first post?

Not everyone goes on the forum...

Anyway, glad to see this is losing
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Khaldaia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khaldaia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Sheboyganite Union wrote:I think you just leave us because we are not doing anything thing like that as a member myself I think you should shut up before we invade you ok got it

Well, if that's how you handle disapproval, I'mma vote to comdemn.

Triangle And Square
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triangle And Square » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 pm

TNP's viewpoint on this:

This proposal is part of a string of condemnations and offensive liberations submitted and passed in recent weeks. This proposal serves no purpose as the target region are not raiders, and the proposal does not serve as a serious reprimand. We believe that Security Council condemnations should correspond with grievous offenses against the international community.

For these reasons the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the proposal.
Tinfect wrote:OOC:
Absolutely not, this is a patently absurd and frankly disgusting change that I am absolutely appalled you would even suggest. Absolutely unacceptable.

He Qixinian WA Mission.

Kokoku
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kokoku » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Triangle And Square wrote:TNP's viewpoint on this:

This proposal is part of a string of condemnations and offensive liberations submitted and passed in recent weeks. This proposal serves no purpose as the target region are not raiders, and the proposal does not serve as a serious reprimand. We believe that Security Council condemnations should correspond with grievous offenses against the international community.

For these reasons the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the proposal.

We applaud you for your accurate statement. We advise all members to be weary of any condemnations or liberations that mention Kaiserreich, Nazi Europa, or SCUT. These tend to be the core regions targeted for revenge by a nation or a group of nations.

We are disgusted by the corrupt usage of the Security Council, and urge all to continue using the council as a means to mark notable actions and to assist natives of occupied regions.
World Assembly Delegate of the New Warsaw Pact

The House of Petain
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Petain » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 pm

I'm happy to see the resolution failing. I've become gradually convinced that the SC is one of the most dangerous and corrupt institutions in the NS world, that it benefits the big regions more as a tool to praise themselves and condemn their enemies all the while masquerading it's actions as being democratic.

The delegation from the House of Petain votes AGAINST and urge all other members of the WA to vote AGAINST. Furthermore, we encourage all member nations to vote AGAINST all resolutions proposed by the SC, to the exception of efforts to repeal past SC resolutions.
Last edited by The House of Petain on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Augustine I of the House of Petain

Founder, Chief Executive & Emperor of Westphalia
1000 Schloss Nordkirchen Ave, Munster Capitol District, Westphalia 59394

New Ex Patria
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:47 am

I may as well quickly make a statement on the point of this resolution and accusations of badge hunting.

This resolution is on track to fail, I cannot see any way in which that can be turned around so I'm conceding defeat on this. The reason I proposed this resolution was so we could actually use condemnations for their intended purpose, as opposed to these 'neo-liberations' which seem to have taken over. I didn't honestly expect this to pass, mainly due to the fact of how condemnations are viewed by major regions and while I do not agree with this perspective, there's no real point in fighting it.

I know screenshots were provided of me saying that this was any excuse I could get for an SC proposal, and while I know I can't provide proof otherwise, I'll just say that I considered those who those messages were delivered to as my friends, and therefore did not want to offend them or anything - since then, these people have decided to launch a full-scale smear campaign against me, quite lovely.

I realise that a liberation proposal has been planned for the UoCR; I will most likely support this, purely due to the fact that it will be seen as a better alternative to a condemnation - although I genuinely would prefer this in condemnation form, and doubt a liberation will actually be effective until the distant future.
The Rejected Realms ~ Soviet Democracy ~ Osiris

A.k.a Siege
Left/Right: -5.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.62

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am

You know, I've talked to the UoCR leader a bit. I'm not sure why there's even a resolution against them. And a liberation doesn't do anything to a region with a founder.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Nullite
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nullite » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:42 am

OOC: It is scary seeing NS resemble the real world in a horrid fashion.The future is going to be scary if we continue down this road.

IC: "Being targeted for one's beliefs, while happening in my glorious nation, shouldn't happen to others, by others. I rule Nullite with an iron fist, and yet know there are other, valid ways of ruling a nation. I am voting against this horrid potential resolution-to-be. Good day!" dictates Vladimir Poutine as he walks away from the podium.

Hessere
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessere » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 am

It's still democracy nonetheless. It's just become a sharper sword and a more outspoken orator influenced by certain ideologies as of late.

EDIT: Not that I really have a serious view on it. :P
Last edited by Hessere on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I bet you'll love NS gameplay.
Moral Defending is DISGUSTANG
Semi-active SC Forums ranter
You should watch me come to terms with myself at the eventual heat death of the universe

Luziland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Luziland » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm

lol no

Beasluxia
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Beasluxia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 pm

I feel it would be better for the WA to pass laws to stop what the country in question did instead of condemning them.

Razzle Dazzle
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Razzle Dazzle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Beasluxia wrote:I feel it would be better for the WA to pass laws to stop what the country in question did instead of condemning them.

See, the issue with that is that any law attempting to prohibit something the UoCR is accused of doing would be massively illegal. The General Assembly (which passes the laws) deals solely with national issues and roleplay.
I support Leviticus 19 : 27, do you?

Eluvatar wrote:Back in my day, we endotarted up-hill both ways in the snow! #DiscordsAreLazy
MALLORA AN RIV SHOULD RESIN

Langor Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Langor Empire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:52 pm

New Ex Patria wrote:I may as well quickly make a statement on the point of this resolution and accusations of badge hunting.

This resolution is on track to fail, I cannot see any way in which that can be turned around so I'm conceding defeat on this. The reason I proposed this resolution was so we could actually use condemnations for their intended purpose, as opposed to these 'neo-liberations' which seem to have taken over. I didn't honestly expect this to pass, mainly due to the fact of how condemnations are viewed by major regions and while I do not agree with this perspective, there's no real point in fighting it.

I know screenshots were provided of me saying that this was any excuse I could get for an SC proposal, and while I know I can't provide proof otherwise, I'll just say that I considered those who those messages were delivered to as my friends, and therefore did not want to offend them or anything - since then, these people have decided to launch a full-scale smear campaign against me, quite lovely.

I realise that a liberation proposal has been planned for the UoCR; I will most likely support this, purely due to the fact that it will be seen as a better alternative to a condemnation - although I genuinely would prefer this in condemnation form, and doubt a liberation will actually be effective until the distant future.

Action causes reaction, and reaction to reaction is escalation.
Founder and Emperor of the Union of Confederate Regions, the Conventist Federation and the Wild Horde, former Bearer of the Keys to the Empire of Dawn, head of House Fluffykins.
Cultural achievements:
Conventian history (1, 2, 3, 4)
Conventism, an ideology to pacify the world
My self-made Beastkin language
Firm believer in the cause of world pacification and the the Three Virtues:
Loyalty. Discipline. Resolve.

Chill beats LLC
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chill beats LLC » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Here's some of the UCR's wehraboo tendencies. Absolutely disgusting display of nazi-related support. Shame, UCR.

Last edited by Chill beats LLC on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill beats Radio, LLC
A division of Earth Industries, LLC
a radio station beyond space and time, broadcasting chill vibes to every radio, everywhere. she/her. Led by DJ Doug, eldritch horror on the mic.
Quotes| The Vibe:Cult of the Vibe dismembers 10, kills 3 more! High Priest Cromwell says "Sometimes, the people need to lend us a hand." | DJ Doug to publicly execute US presidents Bush, Clinton, Obama, in the Port of Rhodes! | NS Nation "Amyllia", founded 2011, is erased from reality, sacrificed by the Cult of the Vibe, all memory of this beloved F7er gone from the multiverse!|  RPs

Chernarod
Civilian

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernarod » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:16 pm

I honestly couldn't care less about the principles "at stake" in the SC's attacks on fascist and supposedly fascist regions. Would 10/10 support, especially based on the hypothesis that the SC is supposed to operate in the mould of the UN security council, if it wasn't used for attacking memey, largely impotent regions like KR and the UCR which have few, if any, fascist members, especially when the proposals have been created by individuals with personal vendettas. The UCR is a weeb-infested joke of a region, not a fascist stronghold. Save the political capital for something more relevant. Glad to see that most of the NS community seems to have recognized that, in this case.
Last edited by Chernarod on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zuid Afrikaner
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuid Afrikaner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Chernarod wrote:I honestly couldn't care less about the principles "at stake" in the SC's attacks on fascist and supposedly fascist regions. Would 10/10 support, especially based on the hypothesis that the SC is supposed to operate in the mould of the UN security council, if it wasn't used for attacking memey, largely impotent regions like KR and the UCR which have few, if any, fascist members, especially when the proposals have been created by individuals with personal vendettas. The UCR is a weeb-infested joke of a region, not a fascist stronghold. Save the political capital for something more relevant. Glad to see that most of the NS community seems to have recognized that, in this case.

Sadly, I can confirm the third to last sentence is true. Too many furrries also.

Razzle Dazzle
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Razzle Dazzle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Zuid Afrikaner wrote:
Chernarod wrote:I honestly couldn't care less about the principles "at stake" in the SC's attacks on fascist and supposedly fascist regions. Would 10/10 support, especially based on the hypothesis that the SC is supposed to operate in the mould of the UN security council, if it wasn't used for attacking memey, largely impotent regions like KR and the UCR which have few, if any, fascist members, especially when the proposals have been created by individuals with personal vendettas. The UCR is a weeb-infested joke of a region, not a fascist stronghold. Save the political capital for something more relevant. Glad to see that most of the NS community seems to have recognized that, in this case.

Sadly, I can confirm the third to last sentence is true. Too many furrries also.

No such thing as too many furries.
I support Leviticus 19 : 27, do you?

Eluvatar wrote:Back in my day, we endotarted up-hill both ways in the snow! #DiscordsAreLazy
MALLORA AN RIV SHOULD RESIN

Zuid Afrikaner
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuid Afrikaner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Razzle Dazzle wrote:
Zuid Afrikaner wrote:Sadly, I can confirm the third to last sentence is true. Too many furrries also.

No such thing as too many furries.

Trust me there is

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:57 pm

I find your tone to be flamebaity. I am not taking official action at this time but knock it off, folks.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 am

Condemn Union of Confederate Regions was defeated 13,163 votes to 7,042.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Krualstiken
Attaché

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Krualstiken » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:56 am

oof, the new thread isn't up yet

Ransium wrote:If being dirty minded was against site rules I'd be DOS.
Hatterleigh wrote:Sandwiches are a social construct.
Last Plains wrote:I've been given limitless power and I'm in a bad mood.
The New California Republic wrote:Nietzsche is just laughable, it reads like tabloid trash.
I'm a female Tamale cripple with snark and a lewd attitude, my dude.
I own Ikuisuus, and don't take kindly to people who TG me telling me how to run it.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives