NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn The Black Hawks (by Union of Caplis)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valkyrie Vytherov
Lobbyist

Founded: May 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkyrie Vytherov » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm

*chanting*
triple
triple
triple
My waifu is always the answer.
Always.
~~
Lewdtenant of TBH
Sacrificer of little crumbly remains of soul for Umbra

Nirvacana
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Desicion

Postby Nirvacana » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm

I am conflicted on what to choose any suggestions or point of views to help me decide on what to go for.

Ziotah and Riverside
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ziotah and Riverside » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Ziotah and Riverside remains dismayed at the Security Council for their continued support and indifference for international terrorist organizations such The Black Hawks. These groups seek only to terrorize regions and nations with their aggressive military occupations. While Ziotah and Riverside remains a peace-loving country, our foreign policy will continue to be aggressive towards these groups and we will continue to actively seek out individual members of these organizations and bring them to justice.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Nirvacana wrote:I am conflicted on what to choose any suggestions or point of views to help me decide on what to go for.
TBH already has two condemnations, and all they serve for are publicity. They absolutely do not need a third...

And if they did, it should at least be well written
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Goverwal
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goverwal » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:20 pm

The way in which this is written means that it reads like a referendum on raiding. Without wanting to endorse either TBH or this resolution, I shall be abstaining from this vote.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Union of Caplis wrote:
Willania Imperium wrote:
Ignore them. Commending them would be completely contrary to your goal, and liberating the region won't work due to having a non-executive delegate. Just put up with them.

Ignoring them is contrary to my goal.

Well then your goal is not only ineffective, but also celebrated by the ranks of The Black Hawks.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Union of Caplis wrote:Ignoring them is contrary to my goal.

Well then your goal is not only ineffective, but also celebrated by the ranks of The Black Hawks.
I second this

Does this post by a Lieutenant in TBH not convince you?

And Union of Caplid- if you have an Executive Delegate and aren’t monitoring the banhammer at update, a region as small as yours is going to be raided sometimes. You don’t have to have that Executive authority given to the Delegate- especially considering you are also the Founder, and have executive already
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:Well then your goal is not only ineffective, but also celebrated by the ranks of The Black Hawks.
I second this

TBH would not have celebrated this condemnation much. They deserve far better. :P
Last edited by Jakker on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Jakker wrote:
Fauxia wrote:I second this

TBH would not have celebrated this condemnation much. They deserve far better. :P
That’s probably true ;)

Hessere
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessere » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm surprised some very outspoken defenders haven't discussed this yet. Oh well, the less "morality and justice" gobbledygook the fendas spread, the better.
I bet you'll love NS gameplay.
Moral Defending is DISGUSTANG
Semi-active SC Forums ranter
You should watch me come to terms with myself at the eventual heat death of the universe

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Hessere wrote:I'm surprised some very outspoken defenders haven't discussed this yet. Oh well, the less "morality and justice" gobbledygook the fendas spread, the better.
Moralist defenders generally don’t support giving raiders unnecessary publicity... especially when badly written

Union of Caplis
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Caplis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Hessere wrote:I'm surprised some very outspoken defenders haven't discussed this yet. Oh well, the less "morality and justice" gobbledygook the fendas spread, the better.
Moralist defenders generally don’t support giving raiders unnecessary publicity... especially when badly written

I thank you for your comments, but I disagree.
Union of Caplis
Founder of Dejana

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 pm

This resolution could have fundamentally used a better argument as to why condemnations can still be useful. I can certainly see arguments in that fashion, but this resolution doesn't pursue them. It merely acknolwedges that condemnations have failed to "do their work" for The Black Hawks and then keeps on going anyways.
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

Union of Caplis
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Caplis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Sarakart wrote:This resolution could have fundamentally used a better argument as to why condemnations can still be useful. I can certainly see arguments in that fashion, but this resolution doesn't pursue them. It merely acknolwedges that condemnations have failed to "do their work" for The Black Hawks and then keeps on going anyways.

I understand. It was my first time writing a resolution, but I am open to suggestions the next time. I was unaware that people discussed resolutions here until after I submitted my proposal.
Union of Caplis
Founder of Dejana

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Union of Caplis wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Moralist defenders generally don’t support giving raiders unnecessary publicity... especially when badly written

I thank you for your comments, but I disagree.
Why?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Union of Caplis wrote:
Sarakart wrote:This resolution could have fundamentally used a better argument as to why condemnations can still be useful. I can certainly see arguments in that fashion, but this resolution doesn't pursue them. It merely acknolwedges that condemnations have failed to "do their work" for The Black Hawks and then keeps on going anyways.

I understand. It was my first time writing a resolution, but I am open to suggestions the next time. I was unaware that people discussed resolutions here until after I submitted my proposal.

The more you know! :hug:
Also, as much as we in TBH may joke around about getting a third Condemnation, we're probably pretty good with just the two right now.

Crionadh
Civilian

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Crionadh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Lindesia wrote:
Lenlyvit wrote:This seriously reached vote? Against. Its nothing but a badge of honor to raiders and TBH already has two.

So... what do these condemnations do? Anything? Are they just a means of basically telling a Region, "You've been a bad boy?" Is there a limit or some type of administrative action after a Region has been given a certain amount of condemnations or reprimands? Are they just allowed to keep going on with business and usual?

Perhaps there should be a proposition put before the Security Council mandating the number of warnings, condemnations or reprimands a region may acquire, before action is taken. What action? As an example: Three condemnations and your region is forfeit and closed down by the administrators. Currently, as you put it, a condemnation is nothing but a badge of honor. Perhaps if there were certain consequences associated with it, things might be a little different?

This, exactly this.

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Union of Caplis wrote:…What would you propose as a better alternative?

It's already been offered-up by an avowed former defender: boot 'em out. You have the power, use it.

Raiding, for all the calls of it being "evil," is a legal part of the game. This is a geopolitical simulation and conflict is part of that. Peace is earned by keeping conflict at bay — just like in the real world.

So, don't allow yourself to be a target. Build strong alliances and even stronger delegate support. Find a way to keep your regional officers active, keep the region active, informed, engaged. An active region is an intact one. A passive, disinterested region is an easily raided one.

Tagging the 'Hawks with another badge is a nice gesture, and they'll love it, but it'll do nothing to improve your regional security.

Get active and stay active.
Best advice.

Oh and:

Crionadh wrote:
Lindesia wrote:
So... what do these condemnations do? Anything? Are they just a means of basically telling a Region, "You've been a bad boy?" Is there a limit or some type of administrative action after a Region has been given a certain amount of condemnations or reprimands? Are they just allowed to keep going on with business and usual?

Perhaps there should be a proposition put before the Security Council mandating the number of warnings, condemnations or reprimands a region may acquire, before action is taken. What action? As an example: Three condemnations and your region is forfeit and closed down by the administrators. Currently, as you put it, a condemnation is nothing but a badge of honor. Perhaps if there were certain consequences associated with it, things might be a little different?

This, exactly this.

Nope. Condemnations, as I've understood them, were never intended to be legally actionable no matter how many times a nation got badged/branded. You need egregious rule violations by native nations to get regional execution.
Last edited by Naginii on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Renegalle
Secretary

Founded: Jan 24, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Renegalle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:57 am

Agadar wrote:
Union of Caplis wrote:Well if you read further, you would see that I had stated that this is a statement of an opposing stance that should override how the region sees the condemnation.

You're trying to reward the Black Hawks by condemning them, no matter how meta you're trying to go here to cover that up. You're actively working in their favor. That is an indisputable fact. The only result of this condemnation passing would be a few happy Black Hawks. That is counter-productive, even in comparison to previous SC resolutions.

The best step of action, then, may be to repeal their previous condemnations on account of them viewing them as badges of honor. In fact, if we do that and manage to get all of their condemnations repealed, their significance may wane.
Founder of Force

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 am

Renegalle wrote:
Agadar wrote:
You're trying to reward the Black Hawks by condemning them, no matter how meta you're trying to go here to cover that up. You're actively working in their favor. That is an indisputable fact. The only result of this condemnation passing would be a few happy Black Hawks. That is counter-productive, even in comparison to previous SC resolutions.

The best step of action, then, may be to repeal their previous condemnations on account of them viewing them as badges of honor. In fact, if we do that and manage to get all of their condemnations repealed, their significance may wane.

We're not about to stop doing anything if you take our shinies away. And I wish you horrible luck (not that you'll need it) getting them repealed.

Civitatem Mundus
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Civitatem Mundus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 am

CAnt vote yet but I’m shocked by the current polls. This group has been named twice, and now are on the board of condemnation for their ruthless behavior. Behavior like this should not be tolerated. Hostile regions that cannot first try to approach a diplomatic solution have no place among the civilized.

Bahaplains
Civilian

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

new proposal = to union of caplis

Postby Bahaplains » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 am

maybe we shouldn't try to ban the black hawks but try and reason with them. they could just be doing this to prove some kind of point. never has violence helped to defeat violence.

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am

Bahaplains wrote:maybe we shouldn't try to ban the black hawks but try and reason with them. they could just be doing this to prove some kind of point. never has violence helped to defeat violence.

I don't think you understand that the entire point of The Black Hawks is to act as a military organization. You can reason with them, sure. You can also reason with a landmine, but it won't make you any less dead when you step on it.
Last edited by Sarakart on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am

Sarakart wrote:
Bahaplains wrote:maybe we shouldn't try to ban the black hawks but try and reason with them. they could just be doing this to prove some kind of point. never has violence helped to defeat violence.

I don't think you understand that the entire point of The Black Hawks is to act as a military organization. You can reason with them, sure. You can also reason with a landmine, but it won't make you any less dead when you step on it.

I'd like to make that into a sig, but my sig already is full of stuff so I'll put it a factbook somewhere and forget about it.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am

Sarakart wrote:

This is an amazing quote

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives