NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Liberate Westphalia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DEFEATED] Liberate Westphalia

Postby Louisistan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 am

RECOGNISING Westphalia as a region of historical and cultural significance to many nations of the world,

CONCERNED by the forceful invasion and occupation of Westphalia by hostile forces,

OBSERVING that the invading forces are led by The Black Hawks, an organisation twice condemned by this Council through SC #52 and SC #217,

TAKING NOTICE that the occupation is supported by Lone Wolves United, yet another organisation condemned by this Council through SC #74,

WORRIED for the future of Westphalia given the record of destruction of the aforementioned organisations,

NOTING that the region of Westphalia did not pose a threat to the invading forces prior to this incursion,

GRAVELY CONCERNED that Border Control measures have already been put in place over Westphalia by the occupying forces,

APPALLED at the forced removal of the native nations from their home and at the forceful termination of all diplomatic relations,

HORRIFIED that no native nations remain in the occupied region,

ASSERTING its commitment to regional sovereignty,

the Security Council hereby

LIBERATES Westphalia

Given that the entire native population has been removed, this will be submitted soon.
Last edited by Ransium on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Knight of TITO

Tetros
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetros » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:26 am

I approve of this, but we need that something else that will get it approved. Especially with last time being fully defeated. We need to do something to make it work

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Tetros wrote:I approve of this, but we need that something else that will get it approved. Especially with last time being fully defeated. We need to do something to make it work
Writing it well always helps, and its an advantage this one has that the other didn’t.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Tetros
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetros » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Tetros wrote:I approve of this, but we need that something else that will get it approved. Especially with last time being fully defeated. We need to do something to make it work
Writing it well always helps, and its an advantage this one has that the other didn’t.

I think that we need to capitalise on the idea that we’re a big community, with a lot of one. Reaching out to bigger regions for their support would definitely give us an edge.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Tetros wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Writing it well always helps, and its an advantage this one has that the other didn’t.

I think that we need to capitalise on the idea that we’re a big community, with a lot of one. Reaching out to bigger regions for their support would definitely give us an edge.
Big regions generally already have their opinion, but you’re in one, why not campaign for it there?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Divitalia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:18 pm

I’m going to say, I’m a bit out of the loop on the whole Westphalia thing. All I know is that TBH took it over and they moved to a new region. Where they’re all gone already, does it even matter anymore?

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:22 pm

A bit late at this point, but I support. Will need to keep an eye on the region, should this look like it's passing, they will likely refound.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 pm

The Stalker wrote:A bit late at this point, but I support. Will need to keep an eye on the region, should this look like it's passing, they will likely refound.
Yep.

Might have ridden out a bit of possible voter fatigue though. Hopefully people are itching to vote on an SC resolution

Umbrella United corporation
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 24, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Umbrella United corporation » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 pm

They left a team to control Westphalia and if need be to kill it later

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Umbrella United corporation wrote:They left a team to control Westphalia and if need be to kill it later
Well yes, they plan to keep the region in their own control. However, they will be forced to refound if Westphalia is liberated. Refounding is hard when you can't password.

Ravkania
Civilian

Founded: May 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravkania » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:22 am

Divitalia wrote:I’m going to say, I’m a bit out of the loop on the whole Westphalia thing. All I know is that TBH took it over and they moved to a new region. Where they’re all gone already, does it even matter anymore?

We’d like to preserve its history of over 4,000 RMB pages.

Louisistan
Diplomat

Postby Louisistan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:32 am

Ravkania wrote:
Divitalia wrote:I’m going to say, I’m a bit out of the loop on the whole Westphalia thing. All I know is that TBH took it over and they moved to a new region. Where they’re all gone already, does it even matter anymore?

Not to mention the fact that Westphalia is a real-life place and some people may not like the region dying off as a TBH trophy.
Knight of TITO

Fratt
Attaché

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:36 am

Divitalia wrote:All I know is that TBH took it over and they moved to a new region. Where they’re all gone already, does it even matter anymore?

The natives are all gone because they have been ejected.
They cannot return because there is a raider-installed password on their home region.
This resolution removes the password.
A spambot wrote:
You said that the NPO should not change it's core culture.

Literally everyone else, including the NPO, realizes and understands that NPO culture is the problem.
I'm sure these are the best towel warmers and it will come in handy here.
So you either don't realize that the NPO's core culture caused a war and the subversion of countless regions, or you just don't care.

Arcellia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcellia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 am

Louisistan wrote:
Ravkania wrote:

Not to mention the fact that Westphalia is a real-life place and some people may not like the region dying off as a TBH trophy.

It's not entirely a TBH trophy in the making. TBH just uses it as advertisement for their general success. Unknown is currently in control of it.

Of course, Westphalia had a history of antagonizing people Unknown's members were friendly with. There is also a documented history of what happens when natives antagonize raiders.

The Liberation proposal has a chance of succeeding, but it would have helped the cause if the raiders had no more justification for the region being utterly razed than "lol defender region lol".
A puppet of Xoriet Meow Montresor-Isaraider
My children: Ramaeus Montresor, Sylvia Montresor, Souls Isaraider, Greyghost Montresor-Isaraider, Roavin Montresor.
Grandmother of: Yuno Montresor Yura, Syberis, and Stratarin.
Sibling of: Tim, Escade, Nakari Meow Montresor, and Rach Montresor.
Married to: Severisen Isaraider-Montresor

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:59 am

At the request of a native, there is indeed an ongoing project to preserve the RMB. I can ask him to post here to confirm if you'd like.

To explain a little bit more for those who don't know: Westphalia's founder, Petain/Mike/Rolamec, used to be the leader of a close ally, but later destroyed their forums. Several former citizens joined Unknown, and he tried to pin the forum destruction on them. He then used his subsequent regions to wage war against us, putting that manufactured grudge ahead of the regions' security.
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Louisistan
Diplomat

Postby Louisistan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:01 am

Kshrlmnt wrote:At the request of a native, there is indeed an ongoing project to preserve the RMB. I can ask him to post here to confirm if you'd like.

To explain a little bit more for those who don't know: Westphalia's founder, Petain/Mike/Rolamec, used to be the leader of a close ally, but later destroyed their forums. Several former citizens joined Unknown, and he tried to pin the forum destruction on them. He then used his subsequent regions to wage war against us, putting that manufactured grudge ahead of the regions' security.

Or, you could save yourself all that work by not refounding the region.
Knight of TITO

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:40 am

3rd attempt's the charm?

Louisistan wrote:RECOGNISING Westphalia as a region of historical and cultural significance to many nations of the world,

A statement that could use proof, if not in the proposal, in this thread.

Louisistan wrote:CONCERNED by the forceful invasion and occupation of Westphalia by hostile forces,

A gimme clause. Of course defenders would be concerned by a defender-aligned region being invaded :P

Louisistan wrote:OBSERVING that the invading forces are led by The Black Hawks, an organisation twice condemned by this Council through SC #52 and SC #217,

TAKING NOTICE that the occupation is supported by Lone Wolves United, yet another organisation condemned by this Council through SC #74,

Thanks for the publicity, man. I'm jealous of LWU - they're getting much better return for their time/endos here than we are.

Louisistan wrote:WORRIED for the future of Westphalia given the record of destruction of the aforementioned organisations,

Good thing then that LWU never had input into the future of Westphalia, and that TBH has handed it off to a region taking steps to reasonably preserve the region's history while seeking their justice.

Louisistan wrote:NOTING that the region of Westphalia did not pose a threat to the invading forces prior to this incursion,

SWORD, the defender alliance it was part of, did indeed though.

Louisistan wrote:GRAVELY CONCERNED that Border Control measures have already been put in place over Westphalia by the occupying forces,

One indeed does such when trying to prevent other defenders from reclaiming the region.

Louisistan wrote:APPALLED at the forced removal of the native nations from their home and at the forceful termination of all diplomatic relations,

And I'm appalled at the region's history of destroying forums and then framing others for it, as ancient news as that is.

Louisistan wrote:HORRIFIED that no native nations remain in the occupied region,

Repetitive re: the last line. I thought this was going to be better written than the prior attempts, and that's why lib 1 was shot down by mainstream defenders?

Louisistan wrote:ASSERTING its commitment to regional sovereignty,

LIBERATES Westphalia

Good luck.

Louisistan wrote:Given that the entire native population has been removed, this will be submitted soon.

It was really not necessary to kill the first one and wait for this point. Also, quite the TG campaign, I'd imagine, given how fast this got to quorum between major and minor.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 am

Third time around, same as the first;
Aren't delegate stomps just the worst?

Telta
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Telta » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:19 am

Although I dont care that much, it is starting to bug me that this is still a topic, but i have one question for The Black Hawks,
Last edited by Telta on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telta
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Telta » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am

So what i see is that The Black Hawks are trying to keep Westphalia even though that SWORD has been crumbling away, why are you keeping that region after victory? As a trophy to show off your victory or just so SWORD doesn't recover?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22 am

Telta wrote:Well if I didnt recall, you have connections with the raiders Lady Dominator

Quite astute of you, though you look to have failed to make the leap that both nations are the same person.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:26 am

Louisistan wrote:
RECOGNISING Westphalia as a region of historical and cultural significance to many nations of the world,

CONCERNED by the forceful invasion and occupation of Westphalia by hostile forces,

OBSERVING that the invading forces are led by The Black Hawks, an organisation twice condemned by this Council through SC #52 and SC #217,

WORRIED for the future of Westphalia given the record of destruction of the aforementioned organisations,

NOTING that the region of Westphalia did not pose a threat to the invading forces prior to this incursion,

GRAVELY CONCERNED that Border Control measures have already been put in place over Westphalia by the occupying forces,

APPALLED at the forced removal of the native nations from their home and at the forceful termination of all diplomatic relations,

HORRIFIED that no native nations remain in the occupied region,

ASSERTING its commitment to regional sovereignty,

LIBERATES Westphalia

Given that the entire native population has been removed, this will be submitted soon.

This again? What resolution of the same thing is this, the 5th?
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 am

Telta wrote:So what i see is that The Black Hawks are trying to keep Westphalia even though that SWORD has been crumbling away, why are you keeping that region after victory? As a trophy to show off your victory or just so SWORD doesn't recover?

TBH handed the region off to Unknown, as linked in my prior post. While we'd rather prefer it not be lost by raiders, it's future is otherwise up to them, not us. We retain no physical power in the region, now executive control over operations there.

I'm curious why, if mainstream defending really meant this one to pass and supported it, no "for" stomp attempt was made. Where are TSP, TRR, XKI? while even those three combined only about equal TNP alone, 2500 - 1000 off the bat is far better than 2500 - 0 off the bat in terms of the lemming vote.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 am

Northern Poland wrote:snip

'Tis but the third, and the second was never submitted

Joshuastania
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshuastania » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 am

There should be ZERO tolerance for raiding and taking over regions by members of the WA. Joshuastania calls out those nations who are voting against "Liberate Westphalia" they should be ashamed of themselves and are bullies on the world stage!

Enough is enough, vote yes to liberate Westphalia. The nations/regions who perpetrated this blatant act of violating the sovereignty of Westphalia have been put on notice.......

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives