NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend The Macabees

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend The Macabees

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:28 am

Hello! I am the player behind the NationStates account of Yohannes. I am a roleplayer/storyteller since 2010. Though I have (very) rarely participated by posting in the General Assembly and Security Council sub forums, I have always admired the debates and discussions taking place in these two sub forums. I would like to thank the regulars of GA and SC sub forums for writing out many wonderful things (and funny jokes) for us non GA and SC players to read. Though many of us didn't post, we do watch when GA and SC regulars argue, debate, discuss things, and joke with one another. I myself had a wee bit of a smile (here and there) when I read some old postings of GA (and sometimes SC, though not as much as GA) regulars aha...

This afternoon, I would like to thank Consular, Drasnia, Ever-Wandering Souls, Fauxia, and Unibot III for their kind words (in forum and @Discord) and suggestions for me to go ahead with this endeavour. I am scared of writing this because I know that I am just a newbie (and most likely a noob haha...) in Security Council related matters, and I don't know anyone in Gameplay (let alone GA and SC...), but I promise that I will do my best! This draft will be kept here (as a draft) until I am 110% sure that it is ready to be turned into a real proposal.

Finally, to the Security Council, General Assembly, and Gameplay regulars, please criticise everything here. Do not hold back. I want you to ask hard questions about anything related to this draft. The Macabees has countless onsite (NS) and offsite (NS related, but outside NS forums or game) record and posts (from as early as 2005 2004 2003 to 2017). Regarding years, all years (e.g., 2005, 2007, 2009, 2015, etc.) shown in "Commend The Macabees" are real life years (and record), not fictional (IC) years (though I will try to word it as IC as possible aha...). All the things I put here are things done by The Macabees before his appointment as a NS&I Roleplay Mentor (August 2014) (or things The Macabees did outside his role as a NS&I Mentor). Finally, for those wondering, I am not a friend of The Macabees. I have regularly argued with him very hard (in the past) and even openly criticised him in front of everyone in the International Incidents sub forum (an in-depth search of my forum posting history will see my criticisms of him). So no, we are not friends, and we haven't corresponded much (the only time we have talked recently was when I asked for his permission to draft a Commend The Macabees in Discord).

My apologies for this rambling (very annoying... I know...). Thank you to GA, SC, and Gameplay regulars for taking the time to read this thread! Please help a noob out here (by criticising what I am going to put here as much as possible). Finally, this post still very much under construction; put in forum for fail-safe record keeping purpose thank you Image

---

Areas of focus: NationStates roleplaying/storytelling (2003-2017)
[ Global Economics and Trade (military designs) ] [ Scholarly works (technical analysis and report) ]
[ NS Sports roleplaying/storytelling ] [ International Incidents roleplaying/storytelling ]
[ Community assistance (engineering and technical peer reviews) ]

Commend The Macabees

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Macabees | Proposed by: Yohannes

The World Assembly,

RECOGNISES The Macabees as a leading proponent of advanced military technologies since antiquity or time immemorial, which has influenced the outcomes of countless international incidents since 2003 in multiple regions, including Gholgoth, Greater Dienstad, and Haven;

APPRECIATES The Macabees’ leadership in distinguished international forums, such as its administration of The Ns Draftroom (2005-2007) and its founding of the Nsdraftroom (2007-present), which have assisted countless nations with engineering and technical peer reviews since 2005;

PRAISES the many scholarly works of The Macabees, including its analysis of “Electrothermal-Chemical Technology”, “Improvised Explosive Devices & MRAP”, and “Problems Encountered with Higher Caliber Tank Guns”;

HIGHLIGHTS The Macabees’ historical position as a trendsetter in military research and development, which has influenced the designs and technologies of more than 400 nations, including those recognised by the World Assembly under:

• SCR#24 “Condemn Great Nepal”;
    • SCR#39 “Commend Bergnovinaia”;
    • SCR#59 “Condemn Blackhelm Confederacy”;
    • SCR#61 “Condemn The Kraven Corporation”;
    • SCR#77 “Condemn Milograd”;
    • SCR#83 “Condemn Automagfreek”; and
    • SCR#100 “Commend Lamoni”;
    OBSERVES The Macabees’ historical track record of combating slavery, such as its military operations against Ralkovia and The Scandinvans in “Titanomachy — GD/Gholgoth”, and thus the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations (IASEN), which was noted as a threat to international order by the World Assembly under SCR#20 “Condemn Greater Tezdrian” in 2010 and SCR#104 “Condemn Ralkovia” in 2012;

ADMIRES the sportspersonship shown by The Macabees in its creation of the Díenstad Cup I and Kings’ Cup I, and its participation in the 47th and 48th NationStates World Cups and the 10th and 11th Di Bradini Cups, which were created by Starblaydia, as recognised by the World Assembly under SCR#40 “Commend Starblaydia”;

NOTES that The Macabees leads the “NationStates Post-Modern Tech Community” organisation, which was established in 2016 to explore the acceptable boundaries of speculative technology and to provide counsel and guidance for newly emerging nations of the international community;

ACKNOWLEDGES that The Macabees designed the Arca. IV Nakíl, the most exported tank in the history of arms trade and probably the most produced since 2005, and was thus the inspiration behind the technologies used by many military storefronts to defend the sovereignty of countless innocent nations, without many realising this fact due to it being lost in the annals of history;

LAUDS The Macabees’ willingness to assist newly emerging nations, such as its decision to support Havensky in 2009, United World Order in 2012, and Patrick OConner in 2017;

EXTOLS The Macabees for its contribution in the NationStates World Fair III, where it lectured on the importance of realism in conducting international trade;

AVERS the above stated as evidence of the positive contributions The Macabees has made to the international community since 2003;

HEREBY commends The Macabees.

Co-authored by Lamoni.

3,329 characters, 450 words [ according to this word counter ]; 171 less than the 3,500 characters limit for WASC resolutions!

---

The World Assembly,

RECOGNISES The Macabees as a leading proponent of advanced military technologies since antiquity or time immemorial, which has influenced the outcomes of countless international incidents since 2003 in multiple regions, including Gholgoth, Greater Dienstad, and Haven;

APPRECIATES The Macabees’ leadership in distinguished international forums, such as its administration of The Ns Draftroom (2005-2007) and its founding of the Nsdraftroom (2007-present), which have assisted countless nations with engineering and technical peer reviews since 2005;

PRAISES the many scholarly works of The Macabees, including its analysis of “Electrothermal-Chemical Technology”, “Improvised Explosive Devices & MRAP”, and “Problems Encountered with Higher Caliber Tank Guns”;

HIGHLIGHTS The Macabees’ historical position as a trendsetter in military research and development, which has influenced the designs and technologies of more than 400 nations, including those recognised by the World Assembly under:

• SCR#24 “Condemn Great Nepal”;
  • SCR#39 “Commend Bergnovinaia”;
  • SCR#59 “Condemn Blackhelm Confederacy”;
  • SCR#61 “Condemn The Kraven Corporation”;
  • SCR#77 “Condemn Milograd”;
  • SCR#83 “Condemn Automagfreek”; and
  • SCR#100 “Commend Lamoni”;
OBSERVES The Macabees’ historical track record of combating slavery, such as its military operations against Ralkovia and The Scandinvans in “Titanomachy — GD/Gholgoth”, and thus the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations (IASEN), which was noted as a threat to international order by the World Assembly under SCR#20 “Condemn Greater Tezdrian” in 2010 and SCR#104 “Condemn Ralkovia” in 2012;

ADMIRES the sportspersonship shown by The Macabees in its creation of the Díenstad Cup I and Kings’ Cup I, and its participation in the 47th and 48th NationStates World Cups and the 10th and 11th Di Bradini Cups, which were created by Starblaydia, as recognised by the World Assembly under SCR#40 “Commend Starblaydia”;

NOTES that The Macabees leads the “NationStates Post-Modern Tech Community” organisation, which was established in 2016 to explore the acceptable boundaries of speculative technology and to provide counsel and guidance for newly emerging nations of the international community;

ACKNOWLEDGES that The Macabees designed the Arca. IV Nakíl, the most exported tank in the history of arms trade and probably the most produced since 2005, and was thus the inspiration behind the technologies used by many military storefronts to defend the sovereignty of countless innocent nations, without many realising this fact due to it being lost in the annals of history;

LAUDS The Macabees’ willingness to assist newly emerging nations, such as its decision to support Havensky in 2009, United World Order in 2012, and Patrick OConner in 2017;

EXTOLS The Macabees for its contribution in the NationStates World Fair III, where it lectured on the importance of realism in conducting international trade;

AVERS the above stated as evidence of the positive contributions The Macabees has made to the international community since 2003;

Co-authored by Lamoni.

---

Commend The Macabees

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Macabees | Proposed by: Yohannes

The World Assembly,

RECOGNISES The Macabees as a leading proponent of military technologies since antiquity or time immemorial, which has influenced the outcomes of countless international incidents since 2005 in multiple regions, including Gholgoth, Greater Dienstad, and Haven;

APPRECIATES The Macabees’ leadership in distinguished international forums, such as its administration of The Draftroom (2005-2007) and its founding of the Draftroom (2007-present), which have assisted countless nations with engineering and technical peer reviews since 2005;

HIGHLIGHTS The Macabees’ historical position as a trendsetter in military research and development, which has influenced the designs and technologies of more than 400 nations, including those recognised by the World Assembly under SCR#24, SCR#39, SCR#59, SCR#61, SCR#77, SCR#83, SCR#100, and SCR#149;

OBSERVES The Macabees’ historical track record of combating slavery, such as its military operations against Ralkovia and The Scandinvans, and thus the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations (IASEN), which was noted as a threat to international order by the World Assembly under SCR#20 in 2010 and SCR#104 in 2012;

ADMIRES the sportspersonship shown by The Macabees in its creation of the Díenstad Cup I and Kings’ Cup I, and its participation in the 47th and 48th World Cups and the 10th Di Bradini Cup, which was created by Starblaydia, as recognised by the World Assembly under SCR#40;

NOTES that The Macabees designed the Arca. IV Nakíl, the most exported tank in the history of arms trade and probably the most produced since 2005, and was thus the inspiration behind the technologies used by many military storefronts to defend the sovereignty of countless innocent nations, without many realising this fact due to it being lost in the annals of history;

LAUDS The Macabees’ willingness to assist emerging nations, such as its decision to support Havensky in 2009, United World Order in 2012, and Patrick OConner in 2017;

AVERS the above stated as evidence of the positive contributions The Macabees has made to the international community since 2005;

Co-authored by Lamoni.

---

---

In forum (NationStates) and off-site (NS related) references:

• Note: All the things I put here are things done by The Macabees before his appointment as a NS&I Roleplay Mentor (August 2014), or things The Macabees did outside his role as a NS&I Mentor.

• Arca IV Nakíl (1) thread in the old (2006) Jolt forum [ Jolt Archived Link in 2006 ] [ The NS Draftroom Link in 2006 ] [ Old Fuermak offsite ] [ Nakíl 1A3/1A3HA Link in 2008 ] [ Mark 30 design link in 2009 ] [ Kríertor Conglomerate ]; the grandfather of all NationStates Modern Technology main battle tanks and sub systems. Why is that? The Macabees was the first person to go in-depth about main battle tank storytelling back in 2006. His Nakil design since 2006 (real life year) has been sold to countless (too many...) roleplayers’ nations out there; including those who took inspiration from his Nakil tanks and created their own storefronts back in the old Jolt [NS] forum... which are today the owners of popular storefronts, such as Lyran Arms to name one. Many nations after Jolt took inspiration from The Macabees' NSMT technology, and practically every single NSMT storefront owner in NationStates today do too, without them realising it (because of... lost history).

• The NationStates Draftroom (2005-2007), which has assisted countless nations with engineering and technical peer reviews since 2005 (to 2007), of which The Macabees was an Administrator [ Link ]

• NationStates Draftroom (2007-present), which has assisted countless nations with engineering and technical peer reviews since 2007 (still continuing at present), of which The Macabees is the Founder [ Link ]

• Old NationStates Draftroom (2009) thread in the International Incidents sub forum [ Link ]

• Old NationStates Draftroom (2009) thread in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum [ Link ]

• NationStates Post-Modern Tech Community Thread [ Link ]

• [Unfortunately after browsing Jolt NS Archives, I couldn’t find (or at least, not yet) the old Jolt forums (before 2009) record/thread for the NS Draftroom. If everything in Jolt was archived, then that Jolt thread should be there still. Or maybe not everything was archived.

• Draftroom Informative [all articles have to pass through a peer review before being allowed to become an Informative]
    • Electrothermal-Chemical Technology for Tank Gun Propulsion [ Link ]
    • Improvised Explosive Devices & Mine Resistant Vehicles [ Link ]
    • Problems Encountered with Higher Caliber Tank Guns [ Link ][ Commentary ]
    • Disembark, whatever it costs: Spain’s amphibious assault at Alhucemas, 1925 [ Link ][ Commentary ]
  • The Macabees’ historical leadership (both OOC and IC) in NationStates related military designing has directly or indirectly influenced the conflicts that are connected with, and all the following condemned/commended nations [by the World Assembly]:
    • Security Council Resolution # 24 Condemn Great Nepal [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 39 Commend Bergnovinaia [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 59 Condemn Blackhelm Confederacy [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 61 Condemn The Kraven Corporation [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 77 Condemn Milograd [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 83 Condemn Automagfreek [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 100 Commend Lamoni [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 104 Condemn Ralkovia [ Link ]
    • Security Council Resolution # 149 Commend Yohannes [ Link ]
  • [OOC] Towards Greater Realism in NationStates Trade in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum [ Link ]

• [OOC] Towards Greater Realism in NationStates Trade in the NationStates World Fair III forum [ Link ]

• International Association of Slave Exporting Nations (IASEN) (recorded under SCR#20 Condemn Greater Tezdrian), of which Ralkovia (condemned by Security Council Resolution # 104 as shown above) and The Scandinvans (a notorious slaver and one which has IC-wise largely escaped detection and condemnation since 2006 [because the player behind that nation is... smart, unlike most slaver nation roleplayers]). The Macabees has been roleplaying/storytelling IC conflict against both Ralkovia and The Scandinvans (with more good writers helping the slavers against The Macabees... such as Havensky and United World Order) since 2014 (as shown below by the Titanomachy — Greater Dienstad/Gholgoth thread). [ extra note: Ralkovia RP'd with his Ralkovian Grand Island account ]

• Titanomachy — Greater Dienstad/Gholgoth localised (not a regional war; only in certain nations) crises started in 2014 [ Link ]

• 10th Di Bradini Cup (RP, Rosters & Scores), which was created by the nation Starblaydia, as recognised by the World Assembly under SCR#40 [ Link ] [ Posting by The Macabees: [ One ][ Two ][ Three ][ Four ][ Five ][ Six ] ]

• 11th Di Bradini Cup (RP, Rosters & Scores) [ Link ] [ Posting by The Macabees: [ One ][ Two ][ Three ][ Four ][ Five ][ Six ] ]

• Díenstad Cup I [ Link ]

• Kings' Cup I [ Link ]

• NationStates 47th World Cup [ Roleplay ] [ Roster ] [ Posting by The Macabees: [ One ][ Two ][ Three ][ Four ][ Five ][ Six ][ Seven ][ Eight ][ Nine ][ Ten ][ Eleven ][ Twelve ][ Thirteen ][ Fourteen ][ Fifteen ] ]

• NationStates 48th World Cup - Bazalonia/Cafundéu [ Roleplay ] [ Posting by The Macabees: [ One ][ Two ][ Three ][ Four ][ Five ][ Six ][ Seven ][ Eight ][ Nine ][ Ten ][ Eleven ][ Twelve ][ Thirteen ][ Fourteen ][ Fifteen ] ][ Third party observation: [ The Archregimancy ] ]

• Baptism of Fire 37 (pre-WC50) - everything thread (co-hosted by The Macabees) [ Link ]

• Futsal World Cup I—Rosters, Roleplays & Scores [ Link ]

• Futsal World Cup III [ Link ]

• Second International Futsal Tournament (Jolt NS Archives in 2007) [ Link ]

• Journal of Macabee Affairs (where The Macabees noted down that his first NationStates RP participation year was June 2003) [ Link ]

• The Saga of Fedor and the Behemoths; cooperation with the nation of Patrick OConner in 2017 [ Link ]

• Cross of Iron; cooperation with the nation of United World Order in 2017 [ Link ]

• The Politics of Trade and War; cooperation with the nation of Havensky (and others) in 2009 [ Link ]

• Imperial Recrudescence in 2012 [ Link ]
Last edited by Ransium on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:04 am, edited 121 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 am

Hello again Yohannes!

Welcome to the SC, first of all. Never a bad time to start!

First things first, I'd look into fleshing out your content with a bit more research. Perhaps some more lines on RP accomplishments? I'm not personally much aware of his history.

Next up, URL's wont work in an actual submission! Doesn't hurt to leave some author's notes citing your sources there, but know they will not end up in the final draft. The dates may also be better suited to a note, though IIRC they are legal.

If I understand it, your last line is citing their work as effectively an arms supplier to commended/condemned nations? That's a really great idea, actually, and I'd expand on it! I would maybe focus on commended nations, seeing as you're trying to commend them, and supplying arms to condemned nations is not necessarily commendable! I'd also lean away from naming specific non-recognized nations. More personal preference again, but "among other nations" or something of the sort delivers the same idea more eloquently and relevantly, IMHO.

You have a great start, and with some editing, research, and expansion, I think you'll have quite the proposal! I've personally debated trying to delve into a GE&T-based commendation or condemnation, so it's fun to see someone else trying! Maybe I'll go for a condemn, then...arms dealings to condemned nations seems like a good place to start :twisted:

EDIT: when listing proposals like that, sometimes a [list] also looks nicer, FYI. Also, consider checking out some other proposals for pointers on formatting (commas, semicolons, etc in different places), and make sure you add an operative clause!
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Ever-Wandering Souls

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:40 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Hello again Yohannes!

Welcome to the SC, first of all. Never a bad time to start!

First things first, I'd look into fleshing out your content with a bit more research. Perhaps some more lines on RP accomplishments? I'm not personally much aware of his history.

Next up, URL's wont work in an actual submission! Doesn't hurt to leave some author's notes citing your sources there, but know they will not end up in the final draft. The dates may also be better suited to a note, though IIRC they are legal.

If I understand it, your last line is citing their work as effectively an arms supplier to commended/condemned nations? That's a really great idea, actually, and I'd expand on it! I would maybe focus on commended nations, seeing as you're trying to commend them, and supplying arms to condemned nations is not necessarily commendable! I'd also lean away from naming specific non-recognized nations. More personal preference again, but "among other nations" or something of the sort delivers the same idea more eloquently and relevantly, IMHO.

You have a great start, and with some editing, research, and expansion, I think you'll have quite the proposal! I've personally debated trying to delve into a GE&T-based commendation or condemnation, so it's fun to see someone else trying! Maybe I'll go for a condemn, then...arms dealings to condemned nations seems like a good place to start :twisted:

Thank you so much for the suggestions Ever-Wandering Souls, I will do all of that now (or ASAP) :D
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm

To me it seems that the lines are a bit longer than they would, optimally. See if you can shorten them without losing most of the message.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Fauxia

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Fauxia wrote:To me it seems that the lines are a bit longer than they would, optimally. See if you can shorten them without losing most of the message.

Thanks so much for the suggestion Fauxia! I will do so ASAP. I will also telegram you later also to ask (as I edit the lines) whether I have done it correctly (in your opinion) :D

Abhichandra
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Abhichandra » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello Yohannes! I just have a few comments/suggestions for you:

1. You can't have links to forum threads or areas of the forum (...of countless international incidents since 2005...)
2. Just like Ever-Wandering Souls said, make sure you have an operative clause at the end of the proposal (i.e. Hereby commends The Macabees)
3. In the first line (The World Assembly:), the " : " isn't needed. You can replace that with a " , "
4. Be aware of 3,500 character limit, including formatting marks, spaces and line breaks. I got around 2454 characters in your proposal (you still have about 1000 more characters, but just be aware :) )

That's it for now, will check back later :)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: [Draft] Commend The Macabees

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Abhichandra wrote:Hello Yohannes! I just have a few comments/suggestions for you:

Hi Abhichandra :D

Abhichandra wrote:1. You can't have links to forum threads or areas of the forum (...of countless international incidents since 2005...)

Yup, I know we can't link to forum threads for the actual proposal itself. I am simply putting the links up there for this thread only

Abhichandra wrote:2. Just like Ever-Wandering Souls said, make sure you have an operative clause at the end of the proposal (i.e. Hereby commends The Macabees)

Yup! That's why I put '[OOC: still under construction; not finish yet; I will expand as soon as I can]'; I will write the operative clause once I have finished listing The Macabees' record/achievements

Abhichandra wrote:3. In the first line (The World Assembly:), the " : " isn't needed. You can replace that with a " , "

Done! Thank you so much :D

Abhichandra wrote:4. Be aware of 3,500 character limit, including formatting marks, spaces and line breaks. I got around 2454 characters in your proposal (you still have about 1000 more characters, but just be aware :) )

Wow thank you so much [for doing that]! I will take that into account

Abhichandra wrote:That's it for now, will check back later :)

Thank you so much for your time :D

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 pm

I have finished with the main achievements of The Macabees (and with the draft in general, I think it has reached or is close to the 3,500 characters limit). I will leave this draft here for one week (so I can add more minor things/prune some unnecessary words/fix vocab/grammar mistakes/edit formatting if necessary etc., and also add further to the reference/list of achievements to be used as reference) thank you Image

Edit: 3,498 characters [ according to this word counter ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:56 am

I found no errors on reading and fully support this.

Libetarian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Libetarian Republics » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:07 am

I too support this.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Consular wrote:I found no errors on reading and fully support this.

Libetarian Republics wrote:I too support this.

Thank you so much for the support Consular and Libetarian Republics :D

It has almost been a week now (since my previous posting). I will be submitting this one day after Commend Ransium is over (to give breathing space, which should be 4 days from now)

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:30 am

I have nothing else to say except that your proposal is really well written, Yohannes, and that I support its passage.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Gogol Transcendancy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gogol Transcendancy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Support.

Type 6.7 Civilization

About me:
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74
Pro: Social Democracy, Free Trade, Agnosticism, reasonable atheism/theism, nuclear power, social freedom, space exploration
Against: Libertarianism, tankie communism, extreme nationalism/alt-right, climate change denial, scientism

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:I have nothing else to say except that your proposal is really wel written, Yohannes, and that I support its passage.

Thank you so much for the support The Noble Thatcherites :D

Gogol Transcendancy wrote:Support.

Thank you Image

Abhichandra
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Abhichandra » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Yep, full support!

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Abhichandra wrote:Yep, full support!

Thank you so much for the assistance and support Abhichandra Image

Proposal has been submitted: [ https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1510809463 ]. I will be starting the telegrams to garner support for the proposal in a wee bit (after dinner). I know that this will be a tough campaign as I am just a newbie... but I will do my best!

Edit: thank you so much for the advice in the thread to Ever-Wandering Souls, Fauxia, and (again) Abhichandra!

Edit2: For transparency, here is the telegram content:

---

Hello!

I want to firstly thank you so much for taking the time to read this Security Council proposal telegram for the following proposal: [ https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1511135054 ]

The following thread is where we can debate and discuss this proposal: [ viewtopic.php?f=24&t=427734 ]

As said in that thread (linked above), before becoming N&I RP Mentor in August, 2014, The Macabees has, since 2004, done many wonderful things for countless players of the National and International Roleplaying sub forums. The Macabees’ 13-year record as a NationStates player and roleplayer has seen:

(1.) Over 1,000 (role)players (yes, more than 1,000 NationStates players, real players) being assisted and helped with engineering and technical peer reviews (since 2005) in The NationStates Draftroom (2005-2007) and the Draftroom (2007-present);

(2.) High-quality participation (with record provided in the thread linked above) in NationStates Sports competition and cooperation/storytelling with various members of the NSSports RPing community (including those previously commended by the World Assembly, such as Starblaydia); thus creating enjoyable sporting threads for many players (new and not) to participate in;

(3.) The influence of The Macabees’ high-quality engineering and military research, technical analysis, and designs through the years – since 2005 – resulting in the creation of many, many wonderful technical research and designs (NationStates related) by many historically influential members of the NationStates forum roleplaying communities (since 2005); all of the five largest and most active storefronts in the Global Economics & Trade sub forum at the moment, for example, are there because of the direct and indirect influence of The Macabees’ historical NationStates related technical design and engineering record. Again, proof of this can be found by visiting the debate/discussion thread for this proposal (by clicking the above link) in the Security Council sub forum.

(4.) And many, many other things which can be found by clicking/visiting the discussion/debate thread for this proposal here: [ viewtopic.php?f=24&t=427734 ]

Again, the Macabees has done all of this before his appointment as a N&I Roleplay Mentor (or outside his capacity as a Mentor).

Today, I would like to humbly ask for your assistance in seeing someone who have contributed so much to the roleplaying community (since 2004) be recognised by the World Assembly. Let’s do this! It can be done by simply clicking this link and press “Approve”: [ https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vi ... 1511135054 ]

I look forward to discuss/debate this proposal with you in the SC sub forum thread for this proposal [with link provided above]

~The player behind the NationStates account of Yohannes

---

Edit: As of 9:51 pm 16/11/17 New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT)
    159 proposal telegrams sent [manually]
    Approvals: 5
    Voting Ends: in 3 days 8 hours
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:59 am

Ambassador Lemass stood up, straightening out his suit jacket to make a brief comment. "Ah, now, fellow delegates, good afternoon. While I'm apprehensive, personally, about referring to an entire nation as the author of papers, et cetera et cetera, and although the word 'sportspersonship' makes me cry, the nation of the Macabees well deserve a commendation and this resolution certainly deserves to make it to the floor. I happily add my approval.

"Wait, if I'm speaking, doesn't that mean it's made it to the floor? But it hasn't. Why am I speaking at all? I confuse myself. Pardon." The ambassador sat down.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: [Submitted] Commend The Macabees

Postby Yohannes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Maltropia wrote:an entire nation as the author of papers, et cetera et cetera,

I am trying to cater this proposal to a wide range of players; not just roleplayers. Everything in here is out of character, not in character. The goal of the proposal is not to make the proposal be inundated with pointless, useless verbose. The goal of the proposal is to show to as many players as possible of the [historical] achievements of The Macabees

Maltropia wrote:and although the word 'sportspersonship' makes me cry,

Read: Gender neutral. Sportsmanship is not gender neutral. Sportswomanship is equally unacceptable.

Edit: It seems that this first attempt will fail. I did an innocent newbie mistake (I am very unfamiliar with Gameplay): [ Telegrams not sending [no explanation on the red box] ] and now I think (from assessing the damage that has been done so far) this proposal won't make it to quorum. I am very sad but unfortunately it is the rules and thus I must accept the consequences of my action (unknowingly breaking the rules by not ticking the 'campaign' box).

To everyone who have helped this proposal make it this far (and offered constructive criticisms during drafting process). Thank you so much for your assistance. :)
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: [Withdrawn] Commend The Macabees

Postby Yohannes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:09 pm

It is a sad thing to know that a simple, innocent mistake by a new player could have cost a whole proposal for someone (with more than a decade's record) who truly deserved a commendation by the World Assembly. I have withdrawn this proposal as I see no way that it will reach the quorum for now. Once again, thank you so much to the kind Security Council and Gameplay players who have helped me and offered constructive criticisms during drafting process. Thank you. :)

Edit: The Macabees has a long record behind him. If anyone (in the Security Council or Gameplay community) want to take all materials in this thread for their own version of a 'Commend The Macabees', feel free. You have my permission to take everything here :)
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:40 pm

I think you're overreacting. I bet you would have made quorum if you hadn't withdrawn. I'd encourage you to try it again, this time marking your campaign telegraphs appropriately.
Last edited by Ransium on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Ransium is right, withdrawing was an overreaction. You can always try again and I would encourage to do so.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Ransium wrote:I think you're overreacting. I bet you would have made quorum if you hadn't withdrawn. I'd encourage you to try it again, this time marking your campaign telegraphs appropriately.
^^

Just re-propose it. I'm sure it'll make quorum.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: [Withdrawn] Commend The Macabees

Postby Yohannes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Ransium, Unibot III, and The Noble Thatcherites: After talking with Ever-Wandering Souls and Lamoni (@Discord), I think it will be wiser for me to wait (maybe one week?) and take a breather first. In the meantime, I can further improve this proposal/add more reference links (so it will be even better next time around, or if other people want to see The Macabees' historical achievements by reading this thread they can see more of his achievements), and better prepare myself for the next proposal submission. Again, one week, and I will then resubmit this once again

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Waiting a bit is a good idea. Don't be discouraged, my first WA proposal was withdrawn and eventually passed.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:39 am

Yohannes wrote:Ransium, Unibot III, and The Noble Thatcherites: After talking with Ever-Wandering Souls and Lamoni (@Discord), I think it will be wiser for me to wait (maybe one week?) and take a breather first. In the meantime, I can further improve this proposal/add more reference links (so it will be even better next time around, or if other people want to see The Macabees' historical achievements by reading this thread they can see more of his achievements), and better prepare myself for the next proposal submission. Again, one week, and I will then resubmit this once again

Yes, a week sounds good to moi. My first proposal was also withdrawn and passed.
Last edited by Unibot III on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads