NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Convention on Domestic Partnerships

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Convention on Domestic Partnerships

Postby Auralia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:57 am

This proposal is a replacement for Marriage Equality (GAR #410), to be submitted upon its repeal. It is also a complementary proposal to Convention on Families.

Convention on Domestic Partnerships
Category: Human Rights | Strength: Significant

Acknowledging the significance of marriages and similar relationships in numerous member states,

Reaffirming the right to sexual privacy previously guaranteed by this Assembly,

Believing that an individual should generally be free to enter into a domestic partnership with others, to raise the children for whom they are responsible in the context of such a partnership, and to dissolve such a partnership if necessary,

Seeking to protect these rights while respecting the sociocultural and religious differences between member states,

The General Assembly,

1. Requires member states to permit a legally competent individual to:
    1. enter into a domestic partnership with other legally competent individuals and thereby share a common domestic life together, with the mutual informed consent of all parties,
    2. provide for, safeguard, and educate the children for whom the individual is legally responsible, in the context of a domestic partnership, and
    3. dissolve a domestic partnership to which the individual is a party, regardless of whether the other parties consent to such dissolution;
  2. Directs member states to provide appropriate assistance to individuals in the pursuit of any of the above, with the understanding that member states are free to treat domestic partnerships as a private contractual affair if they so choose;
  3. Further requires member states to ensure that, upon the dissolution of a domestic partnership, all parties:
    1. shall not be subject to disadvantageous treatment by a member state simply by virtue of seeking the dissolution without the consent of the other parties,
    2. shall not lose legal guardianship of a child simply by virtue of the dissolution, and
    3. shall receive an equitable portion of shared assets in accordance with the terms of the partnership and relevant law;
  4. Prohibits member states from engaging in unjust discrimination in the application of the above provisions, including but not limited to disadvantageous treatment on the basis of the race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or legal mutual sexual activity of the parties to the domestic partnership;
  5. Clarifies that nothing in this resolution shall be interpreted so as to prevent a member state from:
    1. removing legal guardianship of a child from an individual or enforcing the terms of a child custody agreement when a competent tribunal determines that it would be in the best interests of the child, or
    2. enforcing lawful restrictions on habitation or movement, such as imprisonment;
  6. Reserves to member states the right to define, recognize, support, or regulate marriages, domestic partnerships, and similar relationships, to the extent permitted by this and previous World Assembly resolutions;
  7. Further clarifies that nothing in this resolution prohibits the World Assembly from:
    1. requiring the recognition of foreign marriages, domestic partnerships, and similar relationships that are otherwise valid in a member state's law,
    2. regulating the distribution of assets following the dissolution of a marriage, domestic partnership, or similar relationship with international elements, or
    3. engaging in generally applicable regulation that may affect marriages, domestic partnerships, and similar relationships as a secondary effect, such as regulation on sexual consent, legal guardianship, or contractual agreements or unions in general.
Last edited by Auralia on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 am

Same bill just a different name theirs no way this will get onto the floor for a vote when Marriage equality gets axed.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:Same bill just a different name theirs no way this will get onto the floor for a vote when Marriage equality gets axed.

"...[A] position of neutrality on the merits of formal legal recognition of or rights and duties associated with personal unions, including but not limited to marriages" does not equal "all member states are required allow [sic] same-sex couples to apply for and receive state-authorized marriage".
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 am

OOC: I honestly admit that I came to this thread expecting to see something about leaving the decisions about marriage in the hands of the state religion, or something like that, and just posting a "No." in IC, but unless my first quick reading of it is way off course and I missed something obvious, this goes into the "He almost got it right" folder instead.

Please add "gender" to the list of things you're not allowed to discriminate against people. One of the major flaws I see in the crap that passed is that it completely ignores the fact that sex isn't the same thing as gender (and thus doesn't actually create equal marriages for everyone). I know you have "and other such arbitrary criteria", but it's all too easy to see the ones coming out of the woodworks if this gets to vote who'll say that gender isn't an arbitrary criterion, when it comes to marriage.

OOC: As it now requires nations to create the institution of marriage, under the name of "domestic partnership", and gives nations the freedom to discrminate as they will, opposed.
Last edited by Araraukar on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: I honestly admit that I came to this thread expecting to see something about leaving the decisions about marriage in the hands of the state religion, or something like that, and just posting a "No." in IC, but unless my first quick reading of it is way off course and I missed something obvious, this goes into the "He almost got it right" folder instead.

Please add "gender" to the list of things you're not allowed to discriminate against people. One of the major flaws I see in the crap that passed is that it completely ignores the fact that sex isn't the same thing as gender (and thus doesn't actually create equal marriages for everyone). I know you have "and other such arbitrary criteria", but it's all too easy to see the ones coming out of the woodworks if this gets to vote who'll say that gender isn't an arbitrary criterion, when it comes to marriage.

If he feels like adding gender then he'll add it the whole reason is to allow the author to write their own proposal. If your tired about people leaving out gender then write up your own proposal it's that simple.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Auralia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am

Araraukar wrote:Please add "gender" to the list of things you're not allowed to discriminate against people.

((OOC: I have added "gender" to the list of criteria.))

Auralia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:If he feels like adding gender then he'll add it the whole reason is to allow the author to write their own proposal. If your tired about people leaving out gender then write up your own proposal it's that simple.

((OOC: The whole point of a drafting thread is for people to make constructive suggestions prior to the submission of a proposal. Araraukar's request is legitimate -- even if I decided not to honour it -- and you're out of line.))
Last edited by Auralia on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:55 am

Auralia wrote:((OOC: I have added "gender" to the list of criteria.))

OOC: Thank you. :)
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Auralia wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:If he feels like adding gender then he'll add it the whole reason is to allow the author to write their own proposal. If your tired about people leaving out gender then write up your own proposal it's that simple.

((OOC: The whole point of a drafting thread is for people to make constructive suggestions prior to the submission of a proposal. Araraukar's request is legitimate -- even if I decided not to honour it -- and you're out of line.))

First of the threads in GA don't have ownership like RP so you can say I'm out of line all you want but to be far this is your proposal not his nor the communities the whole point of being a GA or SC author is to have your proposal critiqued by the community not created by it then your proposal goes to vote then if passed goes to the main floor for a full vote. Plus I suggested the other poster to write his own if he felt people kept leaving out gender and frankly I don't follow IRL standards so to me inside of NS sex and gender are the same.

Deropia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deropia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Auralia wrote:((OOC: The whole point of a drafting thread is for people to make constructive suggestions prior to the submission of a proposal. Araraukar's request is legitimate -- even if I decided not to honour it -- and you're out of line.))

First of the threads in GA don't have ownership like RP so you can say I'm out of line all you want but to be far this is your proposal not his nor the communities the whole point of being a GA or SC author is to have your proposal critiqued by the community not created by it then your proposal goes to vote then if passed goes to the main floor for a full vote. Plus I suggested the other poster to write his own if he felt people kept leaving out gender and frankly I don't follow IRL standards so to me inside of NS sex and gender are the same.

OOC: When you're writing legislation, it's best to have as little ambiguous wording as possible. Less loopholes that way. Part of successful resolution writing is input from the community. Just because you accept sex and gender to be the same thing doesn't mean that others view it in the same way, so requesting to have it added is a totally valid request, especially on a topic such as this. I don't know why you're so bent out of shape about someone requesting a change to someone elses proposal.

IC: "This is...something we could support, should the chance to vote for it arise."
Last edited by Deropia on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant-Commander Jason MacAlister
Deropian Ambassador to the World Assembly
macalister.j@diplomats.com
Office 1302, 13th Floor, World Assembly Headquarters
Minister of WA Affairs [TNP]
Captain, North Pacific Army Special Forces
Former Speaker of the Regional Assembly [TNP]

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Deropia wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:First of the threads in GA don't have ownership like RP so you can say I'm out of line all you want but to be far this is your proposal not his nor the communities the whole point of being a GA or SC author is to have your proposal critiqued by the community not created by it then your proposal goes to vote then if passed goes to the main floor for a full vote. Plus I suggested the other poster to write his own if he felt people kept leaving out gender and frankly I don't follow IRL standards so to me inside of NS sex and gender are the same.

OOC: When you're writing legislation, it's best to have as little ambiguous wording as possible. Less loopholes that way. Part of successful resolution writing is input from the community. Just because you accept sex and gender to be the same thing doesn't mean that others view it in the same way, so requesting to have it added is a totally valid request, especially on a topic such as this. I don't know why you're so bent out of shape about someone requesting a change to someone elses proposal.

IC: "This is...something we could support, should the chance to vote for it arise."

I wasn't bent out of shape as you say about the request I was bent out of shape because the poster said I was out of line even though I was helping out another player.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:I wasn't bent out of shape as you say about the request I was bent out of shape because the poster said I was out of line even though I was helping out another player.

OOC: You were basically telling me to fuck off with my feedback, on a thread posted for the exact purpose of getting feedback. How is that helping out anyone?

EDIT: "If he feels like adding gender then he'll add it the whole reason is to allow the author to write their own proposal. If your tired about people leaving out gender then write up your own proposal it's that simple." pretty much equals to "Stop whining and don't bother the author."

Moar EDIT: Sorry, Auralia, I swear this is my last reply post to him/her/them, I don't want to derail this thread further.

Gig em Aggies wrote:that's how proposals go if you feel like an author left something you write up a new proposal to make the other one better.

No, you give the author feedback to tell them you feel they left something out, to help the author's proposal to be as good as it can be, so that it doesn't get half a dozen instarepeals. The author can ignore the advice if they feel like it, but posting the thread here means they want feedback.
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:I wasn't bent out of shape as you say about the request I was bent out of shape because the poster said I was out of line even though I was helping out another player.

OOC: You were basically telling me to fuck off with my feedback, on a thread posted for the exact purpose of getting feedback. How is that helping out anyone?

EDIT: Sorry, Auralia, I swear this is my last reply to him/her/them, I don't want to derail this thread further.

Well the moment you both attacked for saying what I said was the moment y'all went off topic

(If he feels like adding gender then he'll add it the whole reason is to allow the author to write their own proposal. If your tired about people leaving out gender then write up your own proposal it's that simple.)
No where did I say in my second post that your input wasn't needed nor required nor did I tell you to F off okay. I said if they want to add it they will then I gave legit advice that's how proposals go if you feel like an author left something you write up a new proposal to make the other one better.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 pm

“Support probably. It May be possible to convince us otherwise though.”
Last edited by Fauxia on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: You were basically telling me to fuck off with my feedback, on a thread posted for the exact purpose of getting feedback. How is that helping out anyone?

EDIT: Sorry, Auralia, I swear this is my last reply to him/her/them, I don't want to derail this thread further.

Well the moment you both attacked for saying what I said was the moment y'all went off topic

(If he feels like adding gender then he'll add it the whole reason is to allow the author to write their own proposal. If your tired about people leaving out gender then write up your own proposal it's that simple.)
No where did I say in my second post that your input wasn't needed nor required nor did I tell you to F off okay. I said if they want to add it they will then I gave legit advice that's how proposals go if you feel like an author left something you write up a new proposal to make the other one better.
Well, yes, it’s not like Ara forced Auralia into adding it! However, when Ara says something, as an experienced GAer, he knows what he’s talking about, so you listen. But if suggestions aren’t allowed, these threads wouldn’t exist
Last edited by Fauxia on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Fairburn: Where's the preamble?

Neville: We suggest making the following changes, with alternative but synonymous wording if you wish, to Clause Two:
2. Reaffirms the right to sexual privacy previously guaranteed by this Assembly;

We feel that it is important to drive home the point that the WA already guarantees the right to sexual privacy.

Also, support.
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:09 am

"Considering our eternal bewilderment and annoyance at the Judeo-Christian obsession with other people's intimate lives, this seems workable to us. It isn't necessarily the solution we would prefer, but if it will get this topic moved back to where it belongs, namely people's bedrooms and homes, and out of this assembly, we'll happily vote for it."
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Auralia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 pm

States of Glory WA Office wrote:Fairburn: Where's the preamble?

Neville: We suggest making the following changes, with alternative but synonymous wording if you wish, to Clause Two:
2. Reaffirms the right to sexual privacy previously guaranteed by this Assembly;

We feel that it is important to drive home the point that the WA already guarantees the right to sexual privacy.

We've added a short preamble and made the requested changes.

Martin Russell
Chief Ambassador, Auralian Mission to the World Assembly

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Auralia wrote:
States of Glory WA Office wrote:Fairburn: Where's the preamble?

We've added a short preamble and made the requested changes.

Martin Russell

Neville: Excellent. In that case, we are pleased to offer our support.
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson

Auralia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:45 am

Any further comments on this draft?

Martin Russell

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 am

Acknowledging the social significance of marriage and other kinds of personal unions in countless member states,

Seeking to establish common World Assembly policy on personal unions that protects the rights of all individuals while respecting the cultural and religious heritage of member states,

The General Assembly,

1. Adopts a position of neutrality on the merits of legally recognizing or assigning certain rights and duties to particular kinds of personal unions, including but not limited to marriages, civil unions, domestic partnerships, and sexual or romantic relationships;
Good.
IC:OK.
OOC: This could be a violation of the House of Cards or Duplication Secretariat rules.
3. Requires that member states provide appropriate recognition and support to individuals who choose to share a common domestic life to ensure that they are able to do so;
IC: Not ok. There needs to be something that adresses criminals et al. The state sometimes has a valid interest to protect the community by NOT allowing people to share a common domestic life.
4. Further requires that member states provide appropriate recognition and support to parents to ensure that they are able to provide for, safeguard, and educate their children;
IC:And if they are unable to care for their children in any of these matters? Or at all? What if they are considered dangerous to the children?
5. Prohibits member states from engaging in unjust discrimination, including but not limited to discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and other such arbitrary criteria, in the application and enforcement of clauses 3 and 4;
OOC:Possibly Dupication/Contradiction(!) of GAR 35.
IC:In regards to clause 4, bad idea. Very bad idea.
Race: Depends on what this "race" is.
Religion: This seems to outlaw religious education of any form, if we are not mistaken.
Ethnicity: Well, it will not be ethnicity itself as reason, so ok.
Sex/Gender: There are differences, you know. Even if it is reasonable to stick to that(no differences in treatment) most of the time, it is not a good idea to always ignore this.
sexual orientation: Well, that covers only the basics, right?(ability to) Hmm yeah ok.

6. Reserves to member states the right to determine, to the extent permitted by this and previous World Assembly resolutions, the nature and extent of legal recognition of or assignment of certain rights and duties to particular kinds of personal unions, as described in clause 1.
OOC:Strength: Mild? Not Significant? Are you sure?
Last edited by Old Hope on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am

Old Hope wrote:OOC: This could be a violation of the House of Cards or Duplication Secretariat rules.

OOC: Nope.
OOC:Possibly Dupication/Contradiction(!) of GAR 35.

OOC: Nope.
OOC:Strength: Mild? Not Significant? Are you sure?

OOC: Yup.

I find it hugely amusing that you're unsuccessfully nitpicking an author of 20 GA resolutions with basic legality questions any competent forum regular could answer.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:53 am

Auralia wrote:Any further comments on this draft?

Martin Russell

"Yes, Ambassador." Blackbourne replies. "I wonder if clause 1 is sufficient to block future WA legislation on this topic."
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Auralia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Old Hope wrote:OOC: This could be a violation of the House of Cards or Duplication Secretariat rules.

((OOC: No, it isn't.

Re: House of Cards, this proposal can continue to affirm a right to sexual privacy even if prior resolutions guaranteeing that right are repealed. In other words, "Reaffirms the right to sexual privacy previously guaranteed by this Assembly" is substantively equivalent to "Affirms a right to sexual privacy". It's mostly a symbolic statement, but it helps to establish the intent of this proposal.

Re: Duplication, partial duplication does not fall afoul of the Duplication rule.))

Old Hope wrote:IC: Not ok. There needs to be something that adresses criminals et al. The state sometimes has a valid interest to protect the community by NOT allowing people to share a common domestic life.

Hence the "appropriate" qualifier. It is not appropriate to grant "recognition and support" to criminals "who choose to share a common domestic life", so that clause does not require member states to do so.

Old Hope wrote:IC:And if they are unable to care for their children in any of these matters? Or at all? What if they are considered dangerous to the children?

Again, the "appropriate" qualifier is key. It is not appropriate to grant "recognition and support" to parents to "provide for, safeguard, and educate their children" if a parent is prohibited by law or court order from doing so, so that clause does not require member states to do so.

Old Hope wrote:OOC:Possibly Dupication/Contradiction(!) of GAR 35.

((OOC: It's not really duplication at all, actually, as there is no "compelling practical purpose" exception. That's the whole point.))

Old Hope wrote:OOC:Strength: Mild? Not Significant? Are you sure?

((OOC: Blockers don't impact resolution strength.))

Excidium Planetis wrote:"Yes, Ambassador." Blackbourne replies. "I wonder if clause 1 is sufficient to block future WA legislation on this topic."

Probably not, but that's what clause 6 is for.

Martin Russell

Auralia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I have tried to clarify and tighten the language of clause 5 to more clearly highlight and achieve the aims of this proposal. Additional comments would be appreciated.

Martin Russell

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives