NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 am

Joshuahood wrote:Also, I just looked at the Ninja Pirate awesome town. 217 nations, 21st in the world. Most, if not all, are puppets.

I don't know, maybe they shouldn't be condemned ;)

(Sarcasm)

Meh. That's a bit excessive, maybe, but I expect that they'll get bored with keeping all of those 'nations' alive sooner-or-later... and probably "sooner"...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Grand Millian
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Millian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 am

Potato World wrote:Okay, so I'd like to make a proposal to make a Security Council bill to condemn the region of Ninja Pirate awesome town. They have both stolen people from my region through lies, and have boosted themselves to 135th in the world through creating multiple fake accounts. How would I get started with this draft? Also, I'm open to suggestions from you all as well. My fellow region member, The Grand Millian, will most likely want to help with this proposal, as we both want this to go to the WA.

Thanks,

-King Brett I, Ruler of Potato World

CURRENT DRAFT:

The World Assembly,

BELIEVING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has unfairly been increasing their statistics by creating multiple fake accounts in order to make the region the 66th most popular in the world, making certain people join by using fake propaganda, attempting to reduce the integrity of other regions by saying certain things about those targeted that may or may not be true, and threatening the culture heritage of other nations,

NOTING that this region has been releasing false propaganda, has been rude to other regions and nations, and creating 77 fake nations for their region (and counting),

HEREBY CONDEMNS Ninja Pirate awesome town, for their bad deeds in the past, present, and future.

Add this to the draft

NOTHING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has sent agent nations into other regions and has spammed the regions Civil Headquarters.
The United Empire of The Grand Millian

Wiki Imperium Sine Fine

The Grand Millian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Millian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Joshuahood wrote:Also, I just looked at the Ninja Pirate awesome town. 217 nations, 21st in the world. Most, if not all, are puppets.

I don't know, maybe they shouldn't be condemned ;)

(Sarcasm)

Meh. That's a bit excessive, maybe, but I expect that they'll get bored with keeping all of those 'nations' alive sooner-or-later... and probably "sooner"...

yes but they will just keep creating them so that he dosent run out

Wiki Imperium Sine Fine

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am

The Grand Millian wrote:NOTHING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has sent agent nations into other regions and has spammed the regions Civil Headquarters.

"NOTHING" = 'NOTING'?

Spamming other regions' CIvil Headquarters is something about which those regions can legitimately complain to the Mods (by GHR, though, not through these forums) and, as that is the case, can not 'legally' be mentioned as a justification in proposals.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Potato World
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 am

Bears Armed wrote:
The Grand Millian wrote:NOTHING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has sent agent nations into other regions and has spammed the regions Civil Headquarters.

"NOTHING" = 'NOTING'?

Spamming other regions' CIvil Headquarters is something about which those regions can legitimately complain to the Mods (by GHR, though, not through these forums) and, as that is the case, can not 'legally' be mentioned as a justification in proposals.

Okay, then, 2 things:

1) To The Grand Millian, did you report the nation that spammed us yet? They really should be reported if not already
2) If it's just going to be reported and shouldn't be a proposal, should I bother changing it at all right now? I won't have any time to work on it until tomorrow, as I have a lot of work to do today.
King Brettius XVIII, Grand Ruler of The Bountiful Fields of Potato World; World Assembly Delegate for Imperium Sine Fine

The Grand Millian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Millian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

Potato World wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:

"NOTHING" = 'NOTING'?

Okay, then, 2 things:

1) To The Grand Millian, did you report the nation that spammed us yet? They really should be reported if not already
2) If it's just going to be reported and shouldn't be a proposal, should I bother changing it at all right now? I won't have any time to work on it until tomorrow, as I have a lot of work to do today.

1. I did just report them for the spam
2. It was reginaly sanction there for shod be in the proposal

Wiki Imperium Sine Fine

Bordertopia
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

INFO

Postby Bordertopia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

This place also sent a spammer to clog our board

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Bordertopia wrote:This place also sent a spammer to clog our board

We got that, thanks. I'll add something for that to the proposal.
King Brettius XVIII, Grand Ruler of The Bountiful Fields of Potato World; World Assembly Delegate for Imperium Sine Fine

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Alright, just edited draft to include the latest developments. If you would like to edit it, just copy-paste the draft into a new reply, or even just make suggestions, and I'll try my best to incorporate your wishes into the draft. No, you don't have to be in Imperium Sine Fine to help out; this bill is for all of us to enjoy NationStates more in general, in order to make regions like this known in the world.

Joshuahood
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshuahood » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Potato World wrote:The World Assembly,

BELIEVING

Again, do you believe that they do this stuff, or do you note it? Assert? Recognize? Dismayed that they do this?

that Ninja Pirate awesome town has unfairly been increasing their statistics by creating multiple fake accounts in order to make the region the 21st most popular in the world, making certain people join by using fake propaganda, attempting to reduce the integrity of other regions by saying certain things about those targeted that may or may not be true, and threatening the culture heritage of other nations,

All of this could be reworded or split into 2 clauses, as it is a little too much in my opinion.

NOTING that this region has been releasing false propaganda, has been rude to other regions and nations, spamming other regions' walls in order to purposely irritate them, and creating close to 250 fake nations for their region, with more appearing each day,

This seems to restate all that is said in the first clause. It may be more useful to use this as the first clause rather than the other one. This onee may also need rewording.

HEREBY CONDEMNS Ninja Pirate awesome town, for their bad deeds in the past, present, and future.

How do you know that they're gonna do more stuff in the future? What if they suddenly quit?

Also, take a look at some of the past WASC commendations. They have a lot more clauses than this. I understand that this is just the bare bones of the proposal, but I think it could use a little more... at least for now.... :?
Last edited by Joshuahood on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romulus Dion-Capulet Diablessa Potentia, Son of Elindra Kshrlmnt and Avakael Diablessa. Proud Grandson of Heras Savaer Dion
Former WA Delegate of Unknown
Raids participated in (regardless of outcome): 26

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:19 pm

Joshuahood wrote:
Potato World wrote:The World Assembly,

BELIEVING

Again, do you believe that they do this stuff, or do you note it? Assert? Recognize? Dismayed that they do this?

that Ninja Pirate awesome town has unfairly been increasing their statistics by creating multiple fake accounts in order to make the region the 21st most popular in the world, making certain people join by using fake propaganda, attempting to reduce the integrity of other regions by saying certain things about those targeted that may or may not be true, and threatening the culture heritage of other nations,

All of this could be reworded or split into 2 clauses, as it is a little too much in my opinion.

NOTING that this region has been releasing false propaganda, has been rude to other regions and nations, spamming other regions' walls in order to purposely irritate them, and creating close to 250 fake nations for their region, with more appearing each day,

This seems to restate all that is said in the first clause. It may be more useful to use this as the first clause rather than the other one. This onee may also need rewording.

How do you know that they're gonna do more stuff in the future? What if they suddenly quit?

Also, take a look at some of the past WASC commendations. They have a lot more clauses than this. I understand that this is just the bare bones of the proposal, but I think it could use a little more... at least for now.... :?

Sorry, I'm kinda new to this proposal writing thing. If you want to edit it directly, I'll gladly give you partial credit on the draft.

Joshuahood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshuahood » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

The World Assembly,

NOTING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has recently created nearly 250 puppet nations, boosting their region's ranking of population in the world to 21;

UNDERSTANDING that this move is legal, yet disappointing and unfair;

NOTING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has been using these 250 nations to release false propaganda and spam other regions, decrease other regions' integrity, and threatening other regions' cultural heritage;

FURTHER NOTING that among the regions affected by this is Imperium Sine Fine;

BELIEVING that the actions of Ninja Pirate awesome town should be condemned;

HEREBY CONDEMNS Ninja Pirate awesome town for utilising unfair advantages, spam, and false propaganda.[quote]

Use it, edit it, throw it out as you please :p .
Romulus Dion-Capulet Diablessa Potentia, Son of Elindra Kshrlmnt and Avakael Diablessa. Proud Grandson of Heras Savaer Dion

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Joshuahood wrote:The World Assembly,

NOTING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has recently created nearly 250 puppet nations, boosting their region's ranking of population in the world to 21;

NOTING that Ninja Pirate awesome town has been using these 250 nations to release false propaganda and spam other regions, decrease other regions' integrity, and threatening other regions' cultural heritage;

HEREBY CONDEMNS Ninja Pirate awesome town for utilising unfair advantages, spam, and false propaganda.

Use it, edit it, throw it out as you please :p .

Oh wow, that's a really nice draft right there. I'd like to post that as soon as possible.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Could use elaboration on the specific crimes committed against the region.

HEREBY CONDEMNS Ninja Pirate awesome town for utilising unfair advantages, spam, and false propaganda.

Awkward; will think about how to fix that later.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:11 pm

We've now been spammed by 4 separate people from Ninja Pirate awesome town.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 am

How is it "unfair" when you yourselves -- and any other region, too -- could do the same?

Joshuahood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshuahood » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:35 am

True that... Maybe it should be changed to "dishonest?"

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:57 am

Just updated the draft again to fit the most recent agreements on the draft and the region's most recent statistics. (They're now in FREAKING 18th place!!!)

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:32 am

Joshuahood wrote:True that... Maybe it should be changed to "dishonest?"

Could also be "unsportsmanlike." I find that's a suitable word for a lot of things people do 'round here...
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:22 am

A mean old man wrote:
Joshuahood wrote:True that... Maybe it should be changed to "dishonest?"

Could also be "unsportsmanlike." I find that's a suitable word for a lot of things people do 'round here...

I'll add that too.

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Okay, just modified the draft again. The region's launched a whole new spam strike, and a member has sent me spamming telegrams as well. I want to get this passed as soon as possible, but I don't feel it can get passed in its current form.

Opwanr
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Opwanr » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't really know how to make this resolution better (as I'm no good at writing resolutions), but I'd like to let you know that I will approve this as soon as it's submitted, and that both (that's right, there's only 2) of the WA nations in our region will vote FOR if it makes it to vote.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch the world try to figure out how you did it.
Factbook and Embassy

I completed the 2010 World Census. Why don't you complete the World Census and receive your free 100,000 USD?
Post this into your signature if you have completed the World Census.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Potato World wrote:We've now been spammed by 4 separate people from Ninja Pirate awesome town.

If they're spamming, then report them to the Mods. The SC isn't here to police NS rules, the Mods are.

If the spam is via TG, then report via Getting Help. If it's on the forums, then via Moderation.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Enn wrote:
Potato World wrote:We've now been spammed by 4 separate people from Ninja Pirate awesome town.

If they're spamming, then report them to the Mods. The SC isn't here to police NS rules, the Mods are.

If the spam is via TG, then report via Getting Help. If it's on the forums, then via Moderation.

Done already, thanks. Still, I feel it should still be mentioned in the proposal.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Potato World wrote:
Enn wrote:

Done already, thanks. Still, I feel it should still be mentioned in the proposal.

Including it would likely be judged as against one of the (few) rules the SC operates under:

"2. You've made a proposal about something that can and should be dealt with in another forum, probably Moderation: "The WA should condemn Sparky because he flamed me today in my thread about my embassy because I said his guards couldn't carry nuclear-powered pistols" is O-U-T."

You've got other reasons for a condemnation, focus on them. This particular matter isn't something that the SC is equipped to deal with, so leave it to the Mods.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives