NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Commend Texas"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:Uh, dude? Ever-Wandering Souls isn't me. You get an F on your research assignment.

Oh you raiders, you're all the same though. </sarcasm>

Is it possible to use the conduct of Texas' membership right now in this very thread as a point in favor of repeal? Because yikes.

In fact, it is. Just put in "Foul behaviour in international debate forums and summits".
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop

Look. I know you're not the bad guy here. But you're making it very hard for me to support your region. You're like that one good guy who wears Oakley's all the time.

Yeah that's why I logged off for a few hours but you don't have to worry I have had helpful comments that I will use from now on to conduct better posts
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:Aside from my conduct on here as the newly elected WA Affairs rep for Texas their have been other regional leaders of other regions whose behavior is questionable but they haven't had their commendation up for repeal in a proposal. It's not gonna happen here. If you look at the substance of the proposal it holds no merits and just points out how NewTexas as founder/delegate holds up the region while other Texas Nations tend to the intricate matters of regional leadership and defending. Wandering souls came to our region to start something at a time I was not a senior leader and he is just trying to exact some type of revenge for it.

Reventus Koth wrote:Uh, dude? Ever-Wandering Souls isn't me. You get an F on your research assignment.

I've not touched anything related to Texas for quite some time prior to this proposal. You've got the wrong man.

The proposal does not even, as of yet, point out that many of the things noted are personal to Big Tex. That should, however, be fixed soon.

You're incorrect - several commendations have been repealed for changes in behavior of those commended.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Seahassee
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Seahassee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:If you look at the substance of the proposal it holds no merits

Can you point them out to us and explain why it holds no merits?
Self-Exiled Military Director of H Y D R A, General in TEP, and Former Detagger
I'm going to discover time travel sheerly through eye rolling.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Seahassee wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:If you look at the substance of the proposal it holds no merits

Now watch as Gig em Aggies tries and fails miserably at damage control.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Seahassee wrote:

Repeal “Commend Texas”

Category: Repeal | Target: SC #44 | Proposed By: Ever-Wandering Souls

The Security Council,

BELIEVING that merely having existed for a long period of time is not particularly unique among regions;

CONSIDERING that many other regions are home to multiple resolution authors;

RECOGNIZING the region's delegate has a history of voting participation the World Assembly;

BELIEVING that media depictions of resolutions in the region are known to contain factual errors, and often generate only minimal discussion and participation in voting;

NOTING that a majority of the historical records of nation activity once present in NSHistory are no longer available, rendering it of limited value;

FINDING IT UNREMARKABLE that the leaders of a region talk to one another and the public;

OBSERVING that, though elections are technically held, only one nation has served as the President of Texas in recorded history;

CONCERNED that the diplomacy practiced by Texas is not always mature, and has recently included threatening the ending of relations with a long term ally over an attempt to discuss a Security Council resolution; [author note: think this needs to be worded better. Source: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=26814930 Also need to determine how many of the "16 active alliances" are still such.]

POINTING OUT that the defender army that Texas once hosted has been minimally functional for many years, and that many other regions host far more effective forces for peace;

DETERMINING that the region, though perhaps above average, is not particularly remarkable, and that many points raised in the original resolution are misguiding or no longer true;

HEREBY repeals Security Council Resolution #44

Bolded: these are all personal opinions of the proposal author which he wrote not to long after his encounter on our RMB all these so called points he's making are nothing more then a personal vendetta against Texas a major defender and well known region in NS.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Digory Kirke
Attaché

Founded: Feb 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Digory Kirke » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:Bolded: these are all personal opinions of the proposal author which he wrote not to long after his encounter on our RMB all these so called points he's making are nothing more then a personal vendetta against Texas a major defender and well known region in NS.

Except the half of those points that are entirely factual.
Professor Digory Kirke
Citizen and Former Delegate of Narnia
Everything I say and do on this nation and in my capacity as a citizen of Narnia is done solely for the good of Narnia.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Digory Kirke wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:Bolded: these are all personal opinions of the proposal author which he wrote not to long after his encounter on our RMB all these so called points he's making are nothing more then a personal vendetta against Texas a major defender and well known region in NS.

Except the half of those points that are entirely factual.

This, and, I'm *still* not Koth. If at any point I become Koth, I will update this thread first and foremost, but until such a time, I am not Koth.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Seahassee
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Seahassee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Thanks for pointing out your concerns. First of all, Souls isn't Valtarre (Koth), so I'm not sure where you got that from. While Souls is typing a response, here are my thoughts:

It's really unremarkable that a founder talks to their fellow citizens and the public. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Most big regions have a Discord chat and/or forums to communicate with. The one-nation presidency thing you can talk with Souls about... Given this thread and the Texas RMB, Texan diplomacy is something to be desired. Getting warned by the mods and trying to use them as a weapon against people you disagree with is "yikes" at best. About the Texan defense force, I kinda want to see them on the R/D battlefield. I didn't know Texas (the region) has a military until this SC was brought up.

Texas is really not all that remarkable. It's just a regular region that's been around for years and years, with a community of 153 nations. But those are just my thoughts.

EDIT: Formatting error
Last edited by Seahassee on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self-Exiled Military Director of H Y D R A, General in TEP, and Former Detagger
I'm going to discover time travel sheerly through eye rolling.

21st Century Egyptians
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Egyptians » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Oh you raiders, you're all the same though. </sarcasm>

Is it possible to use the conduct of Texas' membership right now in this very thread as a point in favor of repeal? Because yikes.

Aside from my conduct on here as the newly elected WA Affairs rep for Texas their have been other regional leaders of other regions whose behavior is questionable but they haven't had their commendation up for repeal in a proposal. It's not gonna happen here. If you look at the substance of the proposal it holds no merits and just points out how NewTexas as founder/delegate holds up the region while other Texas Nations tend to the intricate matters of regional leadership and defending. Wandering souls came to our region to start something at a time I was not a senior leader and he is just trying to exact some type of revenge for it.

As for recent repeals you can look and see that Gest is on course for having their condemnation repealed for breaking rules and General Halcones is on the same track to as well. Regions and nations that break rules should not be condemned or commended. The founder is an extremely powerful role in regions and their actions do speak volumes. Another thing that was extremely concerning for the region is that none of the rest of the people on leadership there or any citizens posted on the RMB saying hey that post isn't cool and you shouldn't have posted it and should probably delete it.

Again Koth is a citizen of an allied region that you have embassies with. He is a different person than Souls. Your founder did post some severely rude things about him so he did have a right to defend himself to respond. Many people in the World Assembly have read and looked and how your founder conducted themselves and they did not approve of it along with the moderators. They most likely like Souls were then shocked to see a region having commendation that had their leadership behave in that way and then read it. Regions that have commendations are supposed to have done great amazing things and remain true to what they were commended for. You don't stop doing all the things on the list once you receive it. You continue doing it and making Nation States better which was the reason people voted to commend them.
Last edited by 21st Century Egyptians on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Repeal “Commend Texas”

Category: Repeal | Target: SC #44 | Proposed By: Ever-Wandering Souls

The Security Council,

BELIEVING that merely having existed for a long period of time is not particularly unique among regions;

CONSIDERING that many other regions are home to multiple resolution authors;

RECOGNIZING the region's long-serving delegate has a history of voting participation the World Assembly, which has been appropriately recognized as the accomplishment of an individual nation in SC #131

BELIEVING that media depictions of resolutions in the region are known to contain factual errors, and often generate only minimal discussion and participation in voting;

NOTING that a majority of the historical records of nation activity once present in NSHistory are no longer available, rendering it of limited value;

FURTHER NOTING that the entirety of NSSuite is the work of a single nation, which was appropriately recognized for such in SC #131; [author note: Fact check, I was under the impression that it was BigTexas's work alone, and all information present on the site itself supports that, but 131 does state that the region developed it]

FINDING IT UNREMARKABLE that the leaders of a region talk to one another and the public;

OBSERVING that, though elections are technically held, only one nation has served as the President of Texas in recorded history, in a feat separately recognized in SC #131;

CONCERNED that the diplomacy practiced by Texas is not always mature, and has recently included threatening the ending of relations with a long term ally over an attempt to discuss a Security Council resolution; [author note: think this needs to be worded better. Source: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=26814930 Also need to determine how many of the "16 active alliances" are still such.]

POINTING OUT that the defender army that Texas once hosted has been minimally functional for many years, and that many other regions host far more effective forces for peace;

DETERMINING that the region, though perhaps above average, is not particularly remarkable, and that many points raised in the original resolution are misguiding, no longer true, or the work of an individual nation which has been separately commended for its deeds in SC #131;

HEREBY repeals Security Council Resolution #44

Third draft is up, incorporating advice to add an angle focusing on the fact that many of the commended aspect are BT's work, for which he was separately commended in SC #131.

I added a good deal of content, and started talking about an individual, which means it's quite possible I have added rules violations and/or worded things horribly, so as always, edits are welcome!
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Wordy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wordy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 am

FURTHER NOTING that the entirety of NSSuite is the work of a single nation, which was appropriately recognized for such in SC #131; [author note: Fact check, I was under the impression that it was BigTexas's work alone, and all information present on the site itself supports that, but 131 does state that the region developed it]

You are being contradictory. The top quote you are arguing that the work of one nation does not represent the region however the second quote you hold the region responsible for one nations post.

Texas deployed alongside of Yggdrasil 3 times last month :P This may not be as prolific as you would like but it is certainly still active whilst not reliant on scripted gameplay.
RiderSyl wrote:
The ends justifies the meanies.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Oh you raiders, you're all the same though. </sarcasm>

It's possible to use it as a reason to support the repeal.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:36 am

Wordy wrote:

You are being contradictory. The top quote you are arguing that the work of one nation does not represent the region however the second quote you hold the region responsible for one nations post.

Texas deployed alongside of Yggdrasil 3 times last month :P This may not be as prolific as you would like but it is certainly still active whilst not reliant on scripted gameplay.

One nation? Rather, several members of Texas in that RMB engagement, and a couple more here in this thread, including their Lieutenant Governor and Secretary of World Assembly Affairs.

3 times in a month would fit appropriately with the moniker of "minimally functional," though I do respect not using the scripts prevalent in defending today.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I am surrpised that the question of 'is Souls Koth' a genuine contention point here.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:I am surrpised that the question of 'is Souls Koth' a genuine contention point here.

I didn't think it'd take repeating it three times to hope it's buried and that we can discuss the actual proposal :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

21st Century Egyptians wrote:As for recent repeals you can look and see that Gest is on course for having their condemnation repealed for breaking rules and General Halcones is on the same track to as well. Regions and nations that break rules should not be condemned or commended. The founder is an extremely powerful role in regions and their actions do speak volumes. Another thing that was extremely concerning for the region is that none of the rest of the people on leadership there or any citizens posted on the RMB saying hey that post isn't cool and you shouldn't have posted it and should probably delete it.

If this is an attempt to compare BT to Gest and Halcones, lets just stop that bullshit right now. One of these nations got a warning for trolling. One got a WA ban and nation deletion(s) for cheating. The other got declared Delete on Site for cheating and then enabled and encouraged many others to cheat. The first is nothing like the latter two.

Koth, recently Condemned, has also broken site rules. Do they deserve to lose their badge? In my opinion, they are more comparable to Gest and Halcones than BT (I still voted FOR Koth's condemnation). Do players like Cormac, Yuno and myself (wink) not deserve recognition by the SC because we've picked up a warning along the way?

Its this general petty tone that hurts this resolution the most, Souls. It, or at least this discussion, really feels like TBH and friends smacking Texas back for the way they treated Koth. I would just scrap the entire "CONCERNED" portion and maybe replace it with something along the lines of "CONCERNED that the region's leadership is quick to meet nations unlike them with hostility and unproductive rhetoric".

I also wonder how many regions left out there are older than Texas. IIRC Texas is older than 10KI and the NPO. I could easily be wrong about that, but if its true, I think the first argument is disingenuous.

I think it may be a good idea to mash RECOGNIZING, FURTHER NOTING and OBSERVING into one larger section. The DETERMINING portion of the resolution just reads as spiteful.

I don't want to outright question your motivations for authoring this, because a part of me believes you genuinely want to dip your feet into the SC community and have a positive impact in it. Even if you do not believe Texas is a commend-worthy region, its clear that at least, at some point of time, the world thought they were. Knowing that, I think changing the tone of the resolution so that it is more respectful of the past and the feelings of that generation of nations may help you get closer to your goal.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Overall, this resolution seeks to erase the memory of a great region because they are not as active as they once were. It is the point of the SC to remember the great (mid)deeds of individuals and regions so that they are not forgotten. The fact of the matter is hundreds, if not thousands, of nations have benefited from the services that Texas has provided over the past 14 years. That is Commendable.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:While some of the things Texas is commended for may now be viewed as more common, it is because Texas set an example that these things are now common. Commendations serve to show the world which regions should be respected and emulated. As several people have come out to point out, Texas still provides a vital service to many nations and regions and its records may not be lost after all.

While I will continue to offer my opinions and advice in relation to this resolution, I will most likely still vote against it because of the points I've just quoted.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:IIRC Texas is older than 10KI and the NPO.

Correct. Texas was originally founderless (i.e. created before late April 2003), but Big Tex applied to become the founder once that ability was added. XKI was more of a late June/early July thing. The NPO was proclaimed in September.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:IIRC Texas is older than 10KI and the NPO.

Correct. Texas was originally founderless (i.e. created before late April 2003), but Big Tex applied to become the founder once that ability was added. XKI was more of a late June/early July thing. The NPO was proclaimed in September.

10KI was originally founderless too. That's how they were nearly invaded by Empire of Power. I believe Texas was one of the regions that came to 10KI's aid.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

21st Century Egyptians
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Egyptians » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
21st Century Egyptians wrote:As for recent repeals you can look and see that Gest is on course for having their condemnation repealed for breaking rules and General Halcones is on the same track to as well. Regions and nations that break rules should not be condemned or commended. The founder is an extremely powerful role in regions and their actions do speak volumes. Another thing that was extremely concerning for the region is that none of the rest of the people on leadership there or any citizens posted on the RMB saying hey that post isn't cool and you shouldn't have posted it and should probably delete it.

If this is an attempt to compare BT to Gest and Halcones, lets just stop that bullshit right now. One of these nations got a warning for trolling. One got a WA ban and nation deletion(s) for cheating. The other got declared Delete on Site for cheating and then enabled and encouraged many others to cheat. The first is nothing like the latter two.

Koth, recently Condemned, has also broken site rules. Do they deserve to lose their badge? In my opinion, they are more comparable to Gest and Halcones than BT (I still voted FOR Koth's condemnation). Do players like Cormac, Yuno and myself (wink) not deserve recognition by the SC because we've picked up a warning along the way?

Its this general petty tone that hurts this resolution the most, Souls. It, or at least this discussion, really feels like TBH and friends smacking Texas back for the way they treated Koth. I would just scrap the entire "CONCERNED" portion and maybe replace it with something along the lines of "CONCERNED that the region's leadership is quick to meet nations unlike them with hostility and unproductive rhetoric".

I also wonder how many regions left out there are older than Texas. IIRC Texas is older than 10KI and the NPO. I could easily be wrong about that, but if its true, I think the first argument is disingenuous.

I think it may be a good idea to mash RECOGNIZING, FURTHER NOTING and OBSERVING into one larger section. The DETERMINING portion of the resolution just reads as spiteful.

I don't want to outright question your motivations for authoring this, because a part of me believes you genuinely want to dip your feet into the SC community and have a positive impact in it. Even if you do not believe Texas is a commend-worthy region, its clear that at least, at some point of time, the world thought they were. Knowing that, I think changing the tone of the resolution so that it is more respectful of the past and the feelings of that generation of nations may help you get closer to your goal.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Overall, this resolution seeks to erase the memory of a great region because they are not as active as they once were. It is the point of the SC to remember the great (mid)deeds of individuals and regions so that they are not forgotten. The fact of the matter is hundreds, if not thousands, of nations have benefited from the services that Texas has provided over the past 14 years. That is Commendable.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:While some of the things Texas is commended for may now be viewed as more common, it is because Texas set an example that these things are now common. Commendations serve to show the world which regions should be respected and emulated. As several people have come out to point out, Texas still provides a vital service to many nations and regions and its records may not be lost after all.

While I will continue to offer my opinions and advice in relation to this resolution, I will most likely still vote against it because of the points I've just quoted.

Hey thanks for trying to put words into my mouth. If you were to carefully read it you would see that Gig Em Agies said "Aside from my conduct on here as the newly elected WA Affairs rep for Texas their have been other regional leaders of other regions whose behavior is questionable but they haven't had their commendation up for repeal in a proposal." Now my response looks like me correcting them that there have been nations that have had their commendations or condemnations repealed for having behavior that was questionable. With of course using the most recent ones since those are the quickest ones to reference. Nowhere in there did I say they were the same or anything like that So yeah if you could not put words in my mouth saying I'm comparing them when I'm not that that would be appreciated. So if you could avoid putting words in my mouth in the future I would I would appreciate it. As for how far and to what level or warnings or rule breaking the security council feels is acceptable to get condemned or commended that is up to them.

Again with the hypocritical part of your post calling others petty when you yourself are putting words into other people mouths saying it is possible this could be what they mean just to push your own agenda of how you feel the Security Council should vote on this. That seems a lot more petty of an action then stating facts and correcting fraudulent statements that are made.

Just because regions are old doesn't mean that they should be recognized by the security council. They should be adding things that create more substance for the game and move avenues of involvement for users that join.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:14 pm

21st Century Egyptians wrote:As for recent repeals you can look and see that Gest is on course for having their condemnation repealed for breaking rules and General Halcones is on the same track to as well. Regions and nations that break rules should not be condemned or commended.

Your correction has a flaw in it though. You say that nations have lost badges because they have broken a rule as if though all rules violations are remotely equal. It wasn't a valid correction and it did, although apparently unintentionally, draw a false similarity between BT, Gest and Halcones. Saying "nations lose badges all the time when they break the rules" would work if there are cases aside from TBR/DEN and their associated membership. The precedent is that cheating to achieve your accomplishments will lose you your badge, not breaking any one of many rules, which is what you suggested. The cases are different.

I'm sorry that I may have misinterpreted the intent of that post, but your prior posts lead me to believe that you are posting here in bad faith. Purposefully mischaracterizing Gig em Aggies' college football remark is a prime example. You put malicious intent onto him that he was not try to express.

In case anyone is wondering, Souls made a playful comment saying that he's "more likely to be motivated by y'all hating on the Tide than by my R/D alignmnet ;P" to which Gig em Aggies' responded "come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop".

21st Century Egyptians wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop

Wow this conduct of diplomacy in a mature manner by their Secretary of World Assembly Affairs definitely shows this region as a role-model worth emulating.

21st Century Egyptians wrote:Again with the hypocritical part of your post calling others petty when you yourself are putting words into other people mouths saying it is possible this could be what they mean just to push your own agenda of how you feel the Security Council should vote on this.

21st Century Egyptians
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Egyptians » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
21st Century Egyptians wrote:As for recent repeals you can look and see that Gest is on course for having their condemnation repealed for breaking rules and General Halcones is on the same track to as well. Regions and nations that break rules should not be condemned or commended.

Your correction has a flaw in it though. You say that nations have lost badges because they have broken a rule as if though all rules violations are remotely equal. It wasn't a valid correction and it did, although apparently unintentionally, draw a false similarity between BT, Gest and Halcones. Saying "nations lose badges all the time when they break the rules" would work if there are cases aside from TBR/DEN and their associated membership. The precedent is that cheating to achieve your accomplishments will lose you your badge, not breaking any one of many rules, which is what you suggested. The cases are different.

I'm sorry that I may have misinterpreted the intent of that post, but your prior posts lead me to believe that you are posting here in bad faith. Purposefully mischaracterizing Gig em Aggies' college football remark is a prime example. You put malicious intent onto him that he was not try to express.

In case anyone is wondering, Souls made a playful comment saying that he's "more likely to be motivated by y'all hating on the Tide than by my R/D alignmnet ;P" to which Gig em Aggies' responded "come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop".

21st Century Egyptians wrote:
Wow this conduct of diplomacy in a mature manner by their Secretary of World Assembly Affairs definitely shows this region as a role-model worth emulating.

21st Century Egyptians wrote:Again with the hypocritical part of your post calling others petty when you yourself are putting words into other people mouths saying it is possible this could be what they mean just to push your own agenda of how you feel the Security Council should vote on this.

You know it wouldn't kill you to not assume the worst of me right? Last time I checked they did break a rule from it. And again did I state that all rules violations should have the same punishment? No I didn't I stated some did break a rule which they did and were rightfully punished are in the process of having their recognition from the Security Council removed. Again you are putting words in my mouth. Meh at least people aren't calling me Koth after correcting them three times. But I digress.

That was not to draw a similarity between them and I would appreciate if things appear that way you bring it to my attention in a more civilized and respectful way instead of jumping to conclusions so that I may clarify any miscommunication before assumptions are made about them. Again your own personal interpretation of my post I am skeptical of it being in a fair mindset due to your participation on the opposite side of gameplay as myself.

Again thank you for making assumptions about me and stating them as fact without even trying to think fairly of how my post was made or my own personal intent behind. As for the comment there was absolutely zero context in that post referring to college football before I posted. That post the way it was with such a broad quote to the previous post leaves plenty of room for it to remain unclear it could be referring about college football. The context of the response doesn't even mention college football in it and could extremely easily be seen as gameplay banter with a mild threat thrown in. Maybe before you accuse people of saying things and posting in bad faith you should to look at their posts through their set of eyes to understand how it could seen. But I think this thread has been derailed enough with false allegations of comparing people to players that are DOS and posting in bad faith. So let's get back on topic.

*Edit1 grammar and spelling*
Last edited by 21st Century Egyptians on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm

21st Century Egyptians wrote:Just because regions are old doesn't mean that they should be recognized by the security council. They should be adding things that create more substance for the game and move avenues of involvement for users that join.

You mean like having a 10+ year history of defending that is still ongoing, maintaining a very useful historical record database, having a weekly chat, and constant discussion about WA resolutions? I'd like to believe this is really not about gameplay, but I just don't see why this is the first or even the 50th resolution to be repealed.

Pointing out that BT was warned two weeks ago for what I believe the first time in his, what 12+ years playing the game also seems really unfair to me. We all have bad days.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Ransium wrote:
21st Century Egyptians wrote:Just because regions are old doesn't mean that they should be recognized by the security council. They should be adding things that create more substance for the game and move avenues of involvement for users that join.

You mean like having a 10+ year history of defending that is still ongoing, maintaining a very useful historical record database, having a weekly chat, and constant discussion about WA resolutions? I'd like to believe this is really not about gameplay, but I just don't see why this is the first or even the 50th resolution to be repealed.

Pointing out that BT was warned two weeks ago for what I believe the first time in his, what 12+ years playing the game also seems really unfair to me. We all have bad days.

Lots of regions have chats and constant discussions about a lot of things, including WA resolutions. If those are commend worthy things, we need to be very busy churning out the commendations.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:
Ransium wrote:

Lots of regions have chats and constant discussions about a lot of things, including WA resolutions. If those are commend worthy things, we need to be very busy churning out the commendations.

I don't totally disagree with that sentiment, but Texas has a unique atmosphere that I don't see in many other regions. Besides this is not a debate about whether we should commend Texas but whether we should repeal the commend. If every commended nation/region is judged by the standard of whether their current actions are still 100% commend worthy today we need to be very busy churning out repeals too.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives