NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Commend Texas"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 am

I would be happy to also argue that those are the actions of a single member of the region, and that they'd be more fitting for a personal commendation rather than a regional one, if that's be appropriate?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I would be happy to also argue that those are the actions of a single member of the region, and that they'd be more fitting for a personal commendation rather than a regional one, if that's be appropriate?

That would be your best argument for repealing the Texas commendation, in my mind. Proving that BT is shouldering most of the accomplishments of the region and pointing out that BT's individual commendation also includes most of the same feats while also being a considerably superior piece of legislation would improve your odds of success.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I would be happy to also argue that those are the actions of a single member of the region, and that they'd be more fitting for a personal commendation rather than a regional one, if that's be appropriate?

but considering your part of a raider region you would rejoice in getting a major defender regions commendation taken away. plus if this passed it could also mean any commendations you receive could be taken away just as easily just because someone doesn't like you or your region. If it weren't for are many nations who helped other regions defend against raiders then we wouldn't be well respected or commended BigTex cant run a region and defend others all by himself so in effect the commendation is for all nations residing in Texas. like other repeal legislations that I have seen yours has no valid points to warrant removal of the commendation or even a downgrade for that matter. I feel this is a personal vendetta against a defender region that's well known and respected.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:

That would be your best argument for repealing the Texas commendation, in my mind. Proving that BT is shouldering most of the accomplishments of the region and pointing out that BT's individual commendation also includes most of the same feats while also being a considerably superior piece of legislation would improve your odds of success.

Alright, edits incoming later to add a look at that as well.

Gig em Aggies wrote:

but considering your part of a raider region you would rejoice in getting a major defender regions commendation taken away. plus if this passed it could also mean any commendations you receive could be taken away just as easily just because someone doesn't like you or your region. If it weren't for are many nations who helped other regions defend against raiders then we wouldn't be well respected or commended BigTex cant run a region and defend others all by himself so in effect the commendation is for all nations residing in Texas. like other repeal legislations that I have seen yours has no valid points to warrant removal of the commendation or even a downgrade for that matter. I feel this is a personal vendetta against a defender region that's well known and respected.

I'm also a former Roleplayer, and maintain a pin in the A&F section of the forums. Also, I'm not sure I'd even call this a "major defender commendation," considering only one line even mentions defending. Additionally, many defender aligned regions, including the leader in today's world of defending, have not been commended for the act of defending. If someone else would like to repeal either Condemn The Black Hawks, they are welcome to try, as others have before. I'm more likely to receive a condemn in the future than a commend, as well ;) Perhaps you could write one for pushing this supposed evil agenda?

If no repeals have ever been valid, then your battle seems to have a larger scope than my resolutions.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

EDIT: If anything, I'm more likely to be motivated by y'all hating on the Tide than by my R/D alignmnet ;P
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:That would be your best argument for repealing the Texas commendation, in my mind. Proving that BT is shouldering most of the accomplishments of the region and pointing out that BT's individual commendation also includes most of the same feats while also being a considerably superior piece of legislation would improve your odds of success.

Gig em Aggies wrote:but considering your part of a raider region you would rejoice in getting a major defender regions commendation taken away. plus if this passed it could also mean any commendations you receive could be taken away just as easily just because someone doesn't like you or your region. If it weren't for are many nations who helped other regions defend against raiders then we wouldn't be well respected or commended BigTex cant run a region and defend others all by himself so in effect the commendation is for all nations residing in Texas. like other repeal legislations that I have seen yours has no valid points to warrant removal of the commendation or even a downgrade for that matter. I feel this is a personal vendetta against a defender region that's well known and respected.

I'm also a former Roleplayer, and maintain a pin in the A&F section of the forums. Also, I'm not sure I'd even call this a "major defender commendation," considering only one line even mentions defending. Additionally, many defender aligned regions, including the leader in today's world of defending, have not been commended for the act of defending. If someone else would like to repeal either Condemn The Black Hawks, they are welcome to try, as others have before. I'm more likely to receive a condemn in the future than a commend, as well ;) Perhaps you could write one for pushing this supposed evil agenda?

If no repeals have ever been valid, then your battle seems to have a larger scope than my resolutions.

EDIT: If anything, I'm more likely to be motivated by y'all hating on the Tide than by my R/D alignmnet ;P

come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop

A truly well thought out and thorough reply from the "Secretary of WA Affairs for the region of Texas" to the points raised.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

21st Century Egyptians
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 21st Century Egyptians » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:-snip-

come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop

Wow this conduct of diplomacy in a mature manner by their Secretary of World Assembly Affairs definitely shows this region as a role-model worth emulating.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

21st Century Egyptians wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:come say that to my face ....oh wait don't bother yall be coming in September and that's when yall will be leaving with one less win. Whoop

Wow this conduct of diplomacy in a mature manner by their Secretary of World Assembly Affairs definitely shows this region as a role-model worth emulating.

It is certainly assisting with proving my point that the line "APPRECIATING the region's conduct of diplomacy in a mature manner" has it's flaws, yes.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Texas needs a new Secretary of WA Affairs.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 pm

21st Century Egyptians wrote:

It is certainly assisting with proving my point that the line "APPRECIATING the region's conduct of diplomacy in a mature manner" has it's flaws, yes.

no that wasn't my NS diplomacy side it was just my personal side outside of NS about the upcoming game between A&M and Bama. But this still doesn't prove your point at repealing the commendation for the entire region. all regions of NS have a new guy whos learning and that's what I am

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:

no that wasn't my NS diplomacy side it was just my personal side outside of NS about the upcoming game between A&M and Bama. But this still doesn't prove your point at repealing the commendation for the entire region. all regions of NS have a new guy whos learning and that's what I am

Regardless, you are as you have stated, an official representative of the region in this thread.

Additionally, claiming you're new when you ran on a platform that stated "I Gig em Aggies have been a part of this fine Region for many years" and cited experience from your "past several TRC posts over the last few years" seems a bit silly.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Ridersyl wrote:

Texas needs a new Secretary of WA Affairs.

no you may say that as an outsider but within Texas itself I am a well respected member ive been part of the regional leadership for several years now but the WA Affairs Secretary is new to me so I'll be learning as I go. but back to the actual point none of my actions will prove any point that a repeal of the commendation will succeed to get even enough votes to get to the SC floor. to further the point I do not serve the WA or the SC I serve Texas and it is only they
Last edited by Gig em Aggies on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Gig, they're clearly trying to rile you up as anyone can clearly see that post was OOC fun banter concerning college sports. Remember to add a :p when doing such things so that you may not be taken out of context. It would have also done you better to quote purely the OOC part of Souls' post.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Gig, they're clearly trying to rile you up as anyone can clearly see that post was OOC fun banter concerning college sports. Remember to add a :p when doing such things so that you may not be taken out of context. It would have also done you better to quote purely the OOC part of Souls' post.

alright thanks next I will surely do that

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Texas has built some pretty informative tools, and we've commended regions for writing lots and lots of resolutions before (IDU)

Uh, nope, Idk where I got that from :eyebrow:
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Fauxia wrote:Texas has built some pretty informative tools, and we've commended regions for writing lots and lots of resolutions before (IDU)

Actually we haven't, IDU has not been commended.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Ransium wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Texas has built some pretty informative tools, and we've commended regions for writing lots and lots of resolutions before (IDU)

Actually we haven't, IDU has not been commended.
I swear it was. Maybe it was just a proposal
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:13 pm

The very notion of repealing Texas' commendation is ridiculous. They're an enduring institution in NS. Hell, Big Texas is himself an institution. Great man. Many a time, Texas sent defenders out to help out when need be.

Ransium wrote:IDU has not been commended.

!!!
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Studly Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 14, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Studly Penguins » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:no that wasn't my NS diplomacy side it was just my personal side outside of NS about the upcoming game between A&M and Bama. But this still doesn't prove your point at repealing the commendation for the entire region. all regions of NS have a new guy whos learning and that's what I am

Regardless, you are as you have stated, an official representative of the region in this thread.

Additionally, claiming you're new when you ran on a platform that stated "I Gig em Aggies have been a part of this fine Region for many years" and cited experience from your "past several TRC posts over the last few years" seems a bit silly.

While you are most certainly entitled to your opinion repealing a commendation is a bit far for having hurt feelings. Did things go a little far on the Texas RMB perhaps, but explain to me why you felt the need to come to Texas uninvited and try to start a dialogue? What BT wrote in that post announcing the vote for your condemnation is basically the exact same thing he writes every time there is a condemn SC proposal at vote.
We have consistently voted AGAINST condemning anyone; why are you the first person to come and want to talk about it? Just another reason why personally I feel the Security Council is a joke.

You are (or were) an invader that came to a defender region's RMB uninvited. Expecting to have an "open" minded discourse would be like me engaging the Black Hawks, DEN, etc and asking them to be cool with defenders.

On to other topics Benevolent Thomas is correct in their view that BT is what makes Texas what it is and therefore the main reason why it was a Regional commendation. He's one of a handful of people that are still here and as active now as they were when this game first launched.

The Studly Penguins delegation is staunchly opposed to this repeal solely on the merit of it. If this repeal was drafted more from the position of "I feel this needs repealed" rather than "I went to a defender region trying to stir it up and got my feelings hurt" then maybe this wouldn't reek of sour grapes.

Yours,

Hiram Fox
Lt Governor of Texas
Former WA Secretary

Seahassee
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Seahassee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:no that wasn't my NS diplomacy side it was just my personal side outside of NS about the upcoming game between A&M and Bama. But this still doesn't prove your point at repealing the commendation for the entire region. all regions of NS have a new guy whos learning and that's what I am

As someone who volunteers as a campaign representative in real life, here's my recommendation: Always be on your best behavior. Your words, even if it's your personal opinion and not those of who you represent, are reflective of your cause / region / candidate. After all, you are the WA Affairs Secretary for Texas. People chose you to represent them in the WA. It's an important position where everyone here will (and should rightfully so) hold Texas against your word.

Gig em Aggies wrote:no you may say that as an outsider but within Texas itself I am a well respected member ive been part of the regional leadership for several years now but the WA Affairs Secretary is new to me so I'll be learning as I go. but back to the actual point none of my actions will prove any point that a repeal of the commendation will succeed to get even enough votes to get to the SC floor. to further the point I do not serve the WA or the SC I serve Texas and it is only they

I'm all for learning as-you-go, but there's a line between being inexperienced and being outright disrespectful. The lack of commas made it hard for me to read your comment, so that's something to keep in mind. Telling us that you're a "well respected member" and "part of the regional leadership for several years" doesn't mean much if you don't put in the effort to look somewhat professional. In fact, you may have undermined any sense of professionalism by being confrontational.

You noted that you were in the regional leadership for several years in Texas. I'm even more surprised that you didn't try to pick apart the substance of the SC proposal like certain clauses. You said, "nothing in your proposal invalidates our regions commendation", but why? Perhaps Ever Wandering Souls can address those concerns.

Although I'm criticizing you, I hope it's constructive criticism. If the pressure of being WA Affairs Secretary is too much for you, I'd advise stepping back and let someone else deal with it. Saves y'all the headache and provides some breathing space in an event like this.
Self-Exiled Military Director of H Y D R A, General in TEP, and Former Detagger
I'm going to discover time travel sheerly through eye rolling.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Studly Penguins wrote:

While you are most certainly entitled to your opinion repealing a commendation is a bit far for having hurt feelings. Did things go a little far on the Texas RMB perhaps, but explain to me why you felt the need to come to Texas uninvited and try to start a dialogue? What BT wrote in that post announcing the vote for your condemnation is basically the exact same thing he writes every time there is a condemn SC proposal at vote.
We have consistently voted AGAINST condemning anyone; why are you the first person to come and want to talk about it? Just another reason why personally I feel the Security Council is a joke.

You are (or were) an invader that came to a defender region's RMB uninvited. Expecting to have an "open" minded discourse would be like me engaging the Black Hawks, DEN, etc and asking them to be cool with defenders.

On to other topics Benevolent Thomas is correct in their view that BT is what makes Texas what it is and therefore the main reason why it was a Regional commendation. He's one of a handful of people that are still here and as active now as they were when this game first launched.

The Studly Penguins delegation is staunchly opposed to this repeal solely on the merit of it. If this repeal was drafted more from the position of "I feel this needs repealed" rather than "I went to a defender region trying to stir it up and got my feelings hurt" then maybe this wouldn't reek of sour grapes.

Yours,

Hiram Fox
Lt Governor of Texas
Former WA Secretary

Uh, dude? Ever-Wandering Souls isn't me. You get an F on your research assignment.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:Uh, dude? Ever-Wandering Souls isn't me. You get an F on your research assignment.

Oh you raiders, you're all the same though. </sarcasm>

Is it possible to use the conduct of Texas' membership right now in this very thread as a point in favor of repeal? Because yikes.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:
Studly Penguins wrote:

Yours,

Hiram Fox
Lt Governor of Texas
Former WA Secretary

Uh, dude? Ever-Wandering Souls isn't me. You get an F on your research assignment.
You aren't Souls?!!! Everything I ever thought about NS is wrong!!! I think I have to quit.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:Uh, dude? Ever-Wandering Souls isn't me. You get an F on your research assignment.

Oh you raiders, you're all the same though. </sarcasm>

Is it possible to use the conduct of Texas' membership right now in this very thread as a point in favor of repeal? Because yikes.

Aside from my conduct on here as the newly elected WA Affairs rep for Texas their have been other regional leaders of other regions whose behavior is questionable but they haven't had their commendation up for repeal in a proposal. It's not gonna happen here. If you look at the substance of the proposal it holds no merits and just points out how NewTexas as founder/delegate holds up the region while other Texas Nations tend to the intricate matters of regional leadership and defending. Wandering souls came to our region to start something at a time I was not a senior leader and he is just trying to exact some type of revenge for it.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:

Look. I know you're not the bad guy here. But you're making it very hard for me to support your region. You're like that one good guy who wears Oakley's all the time.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives