NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Imagey Nation

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Entropia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Entropia » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 pm

New Entropian Diplomatic Mission to the World Assembly Security Council: Ambassador John Muller

"Fellow Delegates, I implore your governments not to vote against the proposal purely because of the percieved triviality of the work that Imagey Nation has done for the International Community or unfamiliarity with the nation in question. On the first point, may I say that commendment worthy nations are not only those who are great defenders (and may I add that the Democratic Republic of New Entropia is wholly against the idea of defenders being worthy of Commendment but that is besides the point) or great regional leaders. Commendments should be given out for those countries or indeed regions who have made a great difference to the International Community, and it is the firm belief of the New Entropian government that Imagey Nation does fulfil this criteria where so many other Commendment votes simply do not.

On the second point, I can only urge delegates to become more familiar with Imagey Nation and the work that it does extremely well without charge or reward for the benefit of the International Community as a whole."
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Creator of Electionator 1.2 *new!*

Chorridonia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chorridonia » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Chorridonia enthusiastically votes for this resolution. Heroes are not just those who prove themselves on the battlefield or on the political arena, but those who selflessly give the fruits of their work to other nations, and in doing so help their neighbours -and all of the international community, in a sense- improve. May the glory and the honour be with the modest artists.

Yours truly,
Adrián Foguero
Chorridonian Ambassador to the WA.
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Juksereen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Juksereen » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Look, creating a thread and images does not give you the priveledge to be Commended.

Ther for I'm against it full-blow. I would like substantial reasons, actual NationStates progress before we allow his commendation. If he is commended, I will repeal it count on it. :p
The Democratic States of Juksereen
President: Michael Juksereen
Vice President: Cindy Bernstein
Secretary of Defence: Josh Gadd
Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Dennis Commoner
Secretary of Domestic Affairs: Camile Sents
Treasurer: Bob Setty

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Yes it does, Jukes. He's done great work and should gain recognition for it. Stop being such a hater :P

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:59 am

Congrats on its passage. :clap:

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 am

I am sad to see it pass by such a margin - hardly any delegates seemed to have struggled against it. I do not celebrate this Resolution's passage because of two important factors:

1) This nation is unheard of (or unheard of by the vast majority of nations in this assembly)
2) the candidate for this commendation did not deserve the commendation - he did not contribute much - so he is not that important in the grand scheme of things

Therefore, I do not see why this Nation should have received this commendation - I shall be drafting a repeal forthwith

Je suis triste de le voir passer par une telle marge - à peine délégués semblaient avoir lutté contre elle. Je n'ai pas de célébrer le passage de cette résolution en raison de deux facteurs importants:

1) Cette nation est inouï (ou inconnues par la grande majorité des nations dans cette assemblée)
2) le candidat à la Mention élogieuse ne mérite pas les éloges - il n'a pas beaucoup contribué - de sorte qu'il n'est pas si important dans le grand schéma des choses

Par conséquent, je ne vois pas pourquoi cette nation doit avoir reçu la Mention élogieuse - Je serai l'élaboration d'une abrogation sans délai

Ich bin traurig zu sehen, sie durch eine solche Marge pass - kaum Delegierten, gegen ihn gekämpft zu haben schien. Ich weiß nicht feiern, weil's passage Auflösung von zwei wichtigen Faktoren:

1) Diese Nation ist unerhört (oder unerhört von der großen Mehrheit der Völker in dieser Versammlung)
2) Die Kandidaten für diese Auszeichnung nicht verdient die Auszeichnung - er hat nicht viel beitragen - damit er nicht so wichtig in dem großen Plan der Dinge

Daher sehe ich nicht, warum diese Nation sollte diese Auszeichnung erhalten haben - ich werde die Ausarbeitung einer Aufhebung unverzüglich

Estoy triste ver pasar por un margen - apenas delegados parecían haber luchado contra ella. Yo no celebro la aprobación de esta resolución debido a dos factores importantes:

1) Esta nación es inaudito (o desconocida por la inmensa mayoría de los países en esta asamblea)
2) el candidato a esta recomendación no se merecen el elogio - no contribuyen mucho - por lo que no es tan importante en el gran esquema de las cosas

Por lo tanto, no veo por qué esta nación debería haber recibido este reconocimiento - que se derogue inmediatamente la redacción de un

Thank you for your time
Gracias por su tiempo
Vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit
Merci pour votre temps
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Juksereen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Juksereen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Yes it does, Jukes. He's done great work and should gain recognition for it. Stop being such a hater :P

That's Juksy, Jukes, Jukes and Pukes and Pubes, Mike, Michael, or AWESOMENESS!!

And sure it doesn't! Making images doesn't give you the commendation that you deserve. liberate China then come talk to me :lol: :p
The Democratic States of Juksereen
President: Michael Juksereen
Vice President: Cindy Bernstein
Secretary of Defence: Josh Gadd
Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Dennis Commoner
Secretary of Domestic Affairs: Camile Sents
Treasurer: Bob Setty

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 pm

I hear they banjected the dalai lama from Tibet again? :p

Turks people
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Turks people » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:19 am

it depends on country.this resolution should not be passed.because it varies country to country.we r nt agree at all.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 am

Turks people wrote:it depends on country.this resolution should not be passed.because it varies country to country.we r nt agree at all.

The resolution already passed, smart guy.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:22 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Turks people wrote:it depends on country.this resolution should not be passed.because it varies country to country.we r nt agree at all.

The resolution already passed, smart guy.

Not only that, but I can't figure out what the hell he just said, either.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"