NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Imagey Nation

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Greater Rhodes
Senator

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend Imagey Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Commend Imagey Nation

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

NOTING that, to date, the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30 000 views and 1 000 responses, to which Imagey Nation has replied quickly, politely, and professionally regarding the creation of nation-specific images;

AWESTRICKEN by the meticulous care, precision, attention to detail, and overall creative genius Imagey Nation puts into his work and also by, not only the artistic and realistic value but the originality of the work,

FURTHER NOTING that Imagey Nation's image thread has been arguably the most successful thread of its kind on NationStates, and without it, images used for role-playing would be both few in number and poor in quality;

ACKNOWLEDGING that these seals, logos, communiqué templates, flags, and other related illustrations produced by Imagey Nation have almost always been received with positive feedback and responses of great thanks, and are still used significantly by the nations that Imagey Nation has been commissioned by;

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has had a history of commitment to his thread, and of creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further amend his work to suit the ever-changing demands of his patrons, whom he does not charge;

The World Assembly hereby officially presents The Free Land of Imagey Nation with a World Assembly Commendation for outstanding artistic contributions to the international community of NationStates.
Last edited by Ardchoille on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
Canadian
Political Compass
Member of: RIMT | CI | WA
Dominions: The Rhodian Antilles
New Factbook & Embassy in the Works--Never Forget

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 pm

*supports*

I think the idea of commending him passed through my mind at one point, but I must've forgotten about it. Glad someone else thought of it, and I like the resolution too.

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate that as this is my first ever WA proposal. And yeah with all the work he has done for everyone I think he deserves it.
Canadian
Political Compass

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote:
FURTHER NOTING that Imagey Nation's image thread has been arguably the most successful thread of its kind on NationStates, and without it the quality of images used for role-playing would be radically lower;.

I'm not sure of the phrasing of the sentence. Perhaps, " , and without it, the images used for role-playing would be both few in number and poor in quality"?

Yours etc.,
Last edited by Sanctaria on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote:NOTING that the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30 000 views and 1000 responses, to which Imagey Nation has replied quickly, politely, and professionally regarding the creation of nation-specific images;

My biggest concern with this draft is that I don't believe that links to topic threads are allowed in WA proposal text. (It's a great idea to put the link in the draft text, though, so nations can check it out.)

As such, you may want to specify that it exists on the Gameplay forum - although, I'm not positive that that would be necessary.

I can't say that I'm familiar with Imagey Nation, personally (I don't commonly venture into the Gameplay forum), but the details cited here make him sound deserving of a commendation.

Best wishes,
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm

I seem to remember something being said about links to anything on the NationStates site being allowed, but I'm not sure.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm

A mean old man wrote:I seem to remember something being said about links to anything on the NationStates site being allowed, but I'm not sure.

Yep, but the [url] tag won't work in resolutions.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm

/me supports. Its about time imo.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
A mean old man wrote:I seem to remember something being said about links to anything on the NationStates site being allowed, but I'm not sure.

Yep, but the [url] tag won't work in resolutions.

Oh. I'll have to drop those links in my Yelda commendation, then.

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Greater Rhodes wrote:
FURTHER NOTING that Imagey Nation's image thread has been arguably the most successful thread of its kind on NationStates, and without it the quality of images used for role-playing would be radically lower;.

I'm not sure of the phrasing of the sentence. Perhaps, " , and without it, the images used for role-playing would be both few in number and poor in quality"?

Yours etc.,

Yes, that sounds better.

Mousebumples wrote:
Greater Rhodes wrote:NOTING that the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30 000 views and 1000 responses, to which Imagey Nation has replied quickly, politely, and professionally regarding the creation of nation-specific images;

My biggest concern with this draft is that I don't believe that links to topic threads are allowed in WA proposal text. (It's a great idea to put the link in the draft text, though, so nations can check it out.)

As such, you may want to specify that it exists on the Gameplay forum - although, I'm not positive that that would be necessary.

I can't say that I'm familiar with Imagey Nation, personally (I don't commonly venture into the Gameplay forum), but the details cited here make him sound deserving of a commendation.

Best wishes,

I was planning on taking it out anyways, as the non-forum website does not support URLs anyways. But it is necessary for nations to go and take a look at the work of Imagey Nation
Canadian
Political Compass

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Just wondering, if there are not any huge concerns in the draft, how long should I wait before sending it in as a proposal?
Canadian
Political Compass

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:41 pm

I'd suggest waiting a few more days for some more people to reply; to be honest, I haven't read the draft carefully yet but would like to soon, and I'm sure there are others who plan on doing so as well however are either away or are currently preoccupied.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:41 pm

I'd advise a couple of days at least, to let others review it who may not always check the forums every day. There's no need to rush.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote: NOTING that the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30 000 views and 1000 responses, to which Imagey Nation has replied quickly, politely, and professionally regarding the creation of nation-specific images;

Perhaps, "NOTING that, to date, the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30 000 views and 1000 responses,"

The next clause, you might add:

Greater Rhodes wrote:AWESTRICKEN by the meticulous care, precision, attention to detail, and overall creative genius Imagey Nation puts into his work and also by, not only the artistic and realistic value, but the originality of the work,

Greater Rhodes wrote:ACKNOWLEDGING that these that these seals, logos, communiqué templates, flags, and other related illustrations produced by Imagey Nation have almost always been received with positive feedback and responses of great thanks, and are still used significantly by the nations that Imagey Nation have been commissioned by;

I am always confused by this, should it be have or has

Greater Rhodes wrote:FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has always been committed to sticking to his thread and creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further tweak and amend his work to suit the ever-changing needs of his patrons;

Maybe a rewording to "Imagey Nation has always been committed to his thread and creating the aforementioned commissioned images quickly and diligently"*

*Not entirely satisfied with my own suggestion, but that clause should definately be re-worded.
Last edited by Sanctaria on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

A mean old man wrote:I'd suggest waiting a few more days for some more people to reply; to be honest, I haven't read the draft carefully yet but would like to soon, and I'm sure there are others who plan on doing so as well however are either away or are currently preoccupied.

Sedgistan wrote:I'd advise a couple of days at least, to let others review it who may not always check the forums every day. There's no need to rush.

I agree, that sounds pretty logical. But generally for my first ever proposal this is ok?
Canadian
Political Compass

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote:But generally for my first ever proposal this is ok?

Definitely!

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Greater Rhodes wrote:FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has always been committed to sticking to his thread and creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further tweak and amend his work to suit the ever-changing needs of his patrons;

Maybe a rewording to "Imagey Nation has always been committed to his thread and creating the aforementioned commissioned images quickly and diligently"*

*Not entirely satisfied with my own suggestion, but that clause should definately be re-worded.

How does this sound: FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has had a history of commitment to his thread, and of creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further amend his work to suit the ever-changing needs of his patrons;
Canadian
Political Compass

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote:
Sanctaria wrote:

How does this sound: FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has had a history of commitment to his thread, and of creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further amend his work to suit the ever-changing needs of his patrons;

I could rock with that.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote:
Commend Imagey Nation

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

NOTING that, to date, the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30,000 views and 1,000 responses, to which Imagey Nation has replied quickly, politely, and professionally regarding the creation of nation-specific images;

AWESTRICKEN by the meticulous care, precision, attention to detail, and overall creative genius Imagey Nation puts into his work, and also by, not only the artistic and realistic value but the originality of the work,

FURTHER NOTING that Imagey Nation's image thread has been arguably the most successful thread of its kind on NationStates, and without it, images used for role-playing would be both few in number and poor in quality;

ACKNOWLEDGING that these seals, logos, communiqué templates, flags, and other related illustrations produced by Imagey Nation have almost always been received with positive feedback and responses of great thanks, and are still used significantly by the nations that Imagey Nation has been commissioned by;

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has had a history of commitment to his thread, and of creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further amend his work to suit the ever-changing needs of his patrons;

The World Assembly hereby officially presents The Free Land of Imagey Nation with a World Assembly Commendation for outstanding artistic contributions to the international community of NationStates.

Suggested ommissions in red, additions in blue (basically, the ","). Also, you have a double space there somewhere.
Last edited by Sanctaria on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Greater Rhodes wrote:
Commend Imagey Nation

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

NOTING that, to date, the Free Land of Imagey Nation's extremely successful thread, If you want a seal or logo, has received over 30,000 views and 1,000 responses, to which Imagey Nation has replied quickly, politely, and professionally regarding the creation of nation-specific images;

AWESTRICKEN by the meticulous care, precision, attention to detail, and overall creative genius Imagey Nation puts into his work, and also by, not only the artistic and realistic value but the originality of the work,

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that despite being busy, Imagey Nation has had a history of commitment to his thread, and of creating images for the nations that commission him quickly and diligently, and is always willing to further amend his work to suit the ever-changing needs of his patrons;

Suggested ommissions in red, additions in blue (basically, the ","). Also, you have a double space there somewhere.

So, like this?

Commend Imagey Nation

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

Canadian
Political Compass

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 pm

No, I meant that the commas I thought you should leave out were highlighted in red and the ones you should put in, blue. You put in the two commas in the numbers, but you left the one in before "and also by". I think you should remove that comma.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Sanctaria wrote:No, I meant that the commas I thought you should leave out were highlighted in red and the ones you should put in, blue. You put in the two commas in the numbers, but you left the one in before "and also by". I think you should remove that comma.

Ok. I will remove the and also by comma, but according to SI numbers with more than three decimal places are separated by a space, not a comma.
Canadian
Political Compass

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:41 pm

SI?

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 pm

SI. Funny, we were just talking about this in AP English.
Canadian
Political Compass

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Ah right. I've finished, I suppose what would be in the US, "High School" and all through Higher Level Maths, we used a comma (,) even in the bigger numbers. I guess it depends on the country.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives