NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Greater Tezdrian

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yammata
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yammata » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I see nothing wrong with slave trade its fine why do we condemn it?
I am a Heathen (Asatru to be exact).

Creator of "Evolution: a super human RP"

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Yammata wrote:I see nothing wrong with slave trade its fine why do we condemn it?

... Because it's the slave trade. It, in and of itself, is wrong. It is an institution built out of the blocks of wrong.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Isaris
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 18, 2009

[AT VOTE] Condemn Greater Tezdrian

Postby Isaris » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

If a requirement of that region is to not be a WA member, then Greater Tezdrian is not a WA member. Therefore, the WA has NO authority over Greater Tezdrian and in my opinion, its condemnation is a violation of its own laws.

Agaralia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Please, truthfully Greater Tezridan, do you really beleive in slavery?
Tom Bishop wrote:There's no point as we are already being oppressed.

The Eternal Kawaii
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Kawaii » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:18 pm

In the Name of the Eternal Kawaii, may the Cute One be praised

Slavery? Bad. We vote "yes" on this condemnation.
Learn More about The Eternal Kawaii from our Factbook!

"Aside from being illegal, it's not like Max Barry Day was that bad of a resolution." -- Glen Rhodes
"as a member of the GA elite, I don't have to take this" -- Vancouvia

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 pm

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:In the Name of the Eternal Kawaii, may the Cute One be praised

Slavery? Bad. We vote "yes" on this condemnation.

Pascal made a note to praise the Cute One more often.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Isaris wrote:If a requirement of that region is to not be a WA member, then Greater Tezdrian is not a WA member. Therefore, the WA has NO authority over Greater Tezdrian and in my opinion, its condemnation is a violation of its own laws.

Hey, the WA wrote the darn laws. It can violate them anytime it wants. :D

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Isaris wrote:If a requirement of that region is to not be a WA member, then Greater Tezdrian is not a WA member. Therefore, the WA has NO authority over Greater Tezdrian and in my opinion, its condemnation is a violation of its own laws.

But it isn't. The WA has every right to condemn any nation which it feels so inclined to condemn. The practice of slavery is worthy of condemnation, and condemning one of its main supporters would send an example throughout EVERYWHERE.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 am

While our nation has no laws against slavery, we believe the endorsement of slavery by these people is limiting their people's rights to own rocket launchers and destroy all who tell them what to do. Therefore, we vote FOR this resolution, so as to scold these people who prevent their slaves from rising up and destroying their owners, their enemies, and if they get bored, themselves.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

WokaStates
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby WokaStates » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 am

Yammata wrote:I see nothing wrong with slave trade its fine why do we condemn it?

If there's nothing wrong, why don't you become a slave by yourself? Slavery is one of the worst things nations can do to people. People are not objects or animals and therefore we should not treat them like they are.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm

WokaStates wrote:

If there's nothing wrong, why don't you become a slave by yourself? Slavery is one of the worst things nations can do to people. People are not objects or animals and therefore we should not treat them like they are.

If only the slavers were more walkers than talkers... but, we can only dream that hypocrisy is non-existent.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 pm

ahem. If I could briefly interrupt the arguments over the legality of this condemnation? I would like to assume the role of teller and provide the Assembly with an updated vote count:

For: 2,779. Against: 682.

This means that this Condemnation is very likely to pass unless a very powerful delegate votes against this - we must ensure that that does not happen.

Thank you

Si je pouvais interrompre brièvement les arguments sur la légalité de cette condamnation? Je tiens à assumer le rôle de conteur et fournir à l'Assemblée avec un décompte de vote mis à jour:

Pour: 2779. Contre: 682.

Cela signifie que cette condamnation est très probable de passer à moins qu'un délégué voix très puissante contre cela - nous devons nous assurer que cela n'arrive pas.

Merci
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Diatraba wrote:ahem. If I could briefly interrupt the arguments over the legality of this condemnation? I would like to assume the role of teller and provide the Assembly with an updated vote count:

This means that this Condemnation is very likely to pass unless a very powerful delegate votes against this - we must ensure that that does not happen.

Thank you

Si je pouvais interrompre brièvement les arguments sur la légalité de cette condamnation? Je tiens à assumer le rôle de conteur et fournir à l'Assemblée avec un décompte de vote mis à jour:

Cela signifie que cette condamnation est très probable de passer à moins qu'un délégué voix très puissante contre cela - nous devons nous assurer que cela n'arrive pas.

Merci

In case your mind has not grasped the concept, Dib, condemnations against slaver nations are BAD for slavery.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Agaralia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 pm

First, it is not a region which works to their advantage because you need to attack everyones region. Second, they might not be WA but slavery is just wrong.
Last edited by Agaralia on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diatraba
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:45 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Diatraba wrote:ahem. If I could briefly interrupt the arguments over the legality of this condemnation? I would like to assume the role of teller and provide the Assembly with an updated vote count:

Thank you

Merci

In case your mind has not grasped the concept, Dib, condemnations against slaver nations are BAD for slavery.

Look at the post where I gave the reasons behind voting for this Resolution you imbecile!
Rechercher dans le poste où j'ai donné les raisons de voter pour cette résolution, imbécile!
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
My Political Compass
Our economic report

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:29 am

Diatraba wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

Thank you

Merci

Look at the post where I gave the reasons behind voting for this Resolution you imbecile!
Rechercher dans le poste où j'ai donné les raisons de voter pour cette résolution, imbécile!

That is just messed up of you. You must admit that it is a retarded reason; it's not like you are less abhorrent than slavers who roam in packs. You're the country that fattens up it's youth for eating. Besides... you're kind of hard to read, as it is.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Diatraba
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:10 am

This resolution is going quite well - now all we need is Elktown to come along and vote against this perfectly useful resolution!
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 am

The Rich Port wrote:In case your mind has not grasped the concept, Dib, condemnations against slaver nations are BAD for slavery.

OK; I'll bite ... why?
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Tzorsland wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:In case your mind has not grasped the concept, Dib, condemnations against slaver nations are BAD for slavery.

OK; I'll bite ... why?

Condemnation symbol = "This country is ruled by an ***hole" :) Seriously, the guys that started the modern slave trade probably deserve it.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Rational-Minded
Civilian

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rational-Minded » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:50 pm

It is sad when all the development that has been championed by our forefathers as well as racial tolerance that has developed over the years gets mocked by such parties.

We, as the Democratic Republic of the Rational-Minded, submit that Greater Tezdrian be condemned unconditionally. We refuse to be associated with elements who support the mandate of the said Tezdrian.

I yield,
Earl McMgudlwa
The Honourable President of the Democratic Republic of the Rational-Minded.

Agaralia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Thank you

Merci

Right now it is beyond any delegate (even a 298 vote one)

Greater Americania
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm

OOC: I just think it's interesting that the WA is officially connecting itself to the RPing community through this proposal. I like that development.
Last edited by Greater Americania on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

Tkdkidsx2
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tkdkidsx2 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

"The purpose for this proposal is pointless, as even the Order, the Great Order, participates in the slave trade, and is a devout member of the IASEN. While unfortunate, it is not as if the IASEN can prevent this from passing. My, am I glad I refused the World Assembly, " the Order diplomat quipped.
Riaka wrote:Son, you've just entered the exciting and frightening world of religious debate. It's much like a roller coaster, in the sense that in the next few minutes there are going to many twists and turns, potential vertical inversion, a lot of crying children and someone's probably going to throw up at the end.

Wilgrove wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:Texas school book repositories are dangerous places.

JFK can attest to that! *nods*

Tkdkidsx2
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tkdkidsx2 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Greater Americania wrote:I just think it's interesting that the WA is officially connecting itself to the RPing community through this proposal. I like that development.

(((OOC: You can't be serious. If you think the WA should really meddle in RP, you are sadly mistaken. Besides, I ignore most WA rules anyways.)))
Riaka wrote:Son, you've just entered the exciting and frightening world of religious debate. It's much like a roller coaster, in the sense that in the next few minutes there are going to many twists and turns, potential vertical inversion, a lot of crying children and someone's probably going to throw up at the end.

Wilgrove wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:Texas school book repositories are dangerous places.

JFK can attest to that! *nods*

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005

Postby Darkesia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Sorry to interrupt the regulars here. But I was wondering if this resolution has a strictly RP impact.

I'm pretty confused about it. Normally I vote against C&C proposals out of hand.

However, if this is strictly RP, I will abstain and let those who are involved and informed have their vote. If it's not all about RP, I will vote against it as I do with all of these silly things.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives