NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Bergnovinaia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend Bergnovinaia

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 pm

This has been in the making since March, so I've decided to give it a whirl, and submit it, finally. Disclaimer: this resolution has nothing to do with Nazis.. at all. Hard to believe, I know.

Image Commend Bergnovinaia
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Bergnovinaia

The WA,

UNDERSTANDING that Bergnovinaia authored GA#65, “Biological Weapons Conference”, which authorized a widespread member nation disarmament of biological weapons to aid in efforts for international peace;

NOTING the sheer number of human casualties that were prevented with the adoption of the aforementioned resolution which is all due to the commitment and determination of the Bergnovinaian delegation;

CELEBRATING their creation and continued funding of the International Bureau of Lawyers (IBL), which united attorneys from twenty-two different countries with a range of specialities including criminal and international as well as corporate and transnational corporate law to represent those -- in domestic and international courts such as the International Criminal Court (ICC) -- who otherwise did not have a decent legal representation at their defense;

FURTHER CELEBRATING the nominee’s creation and leadership of the Nuclear Arms Assembly (NAA), a --now dissolved-- body of member nations committed to:
  • The non-proliferation of nuclear weapons;
  • Humanitarian support (particularly for radiological and nuclear disasters);
  • A reduction of nuclear warfare;
  • Peaceful mediation and peacekeeping;
  • Replacing outdated nuclear technology;
  • The education of nuclear technicians;

ACKNOWLEDGING that the NAA, in its prime contained sixty-two powerful member nations, and was a guiding peacekeeping and humanitarian force in international incidents including:
  • The evacuation, and recovery of the Southern Province of Pan-Freeland after civil turmoil in the fledgling nation had caused a nuclear war;
  • Mediation in a successful peace conference between the following WA member nations... Jlop, Juthra, Kriania and Almaniania, that resulted in a total nuclear disarmament between the involved parties and a peaceful resolution;
  • The successful resistance of an Orlkjestadi invasion of Slaytesics, a WA member nation;
  • An engagement of heavy economic sanctions and war against Southern United Africa, for their barbaric history of chemical warfare;
  • The diplomatic arbitration in a conflict between Chezovolvia and Sunkistodia, while aiding in the containment of the disease which instigated the conflict;
  • Support for Seculartopia, by constructing temporary barriers around the southern end of the Sagan River Bank -- thus protecting citizens from radiological contamination and flooding;

BELIEVING that while the NAA may have recently dissolved because of inactivity -- the spirit and the contributions of an international actor like the NAA or a state-actor like Bergnovinaia that disseminated peace and goodwill, deserves to be immortalized for future generations to find inspiration, and hopefully continue where this virtuous society left off;

With consideration to the renowned contributions of the NAA and Bergnovinaia to world peace and wellbeing in addition to their assitance of those in need,

HEREBY COMMENDS Bergnovinaia.

References
Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 pm

OOC: This was written as a part of my 'crusade' to get more commendations and condemnations focused on roleplayers. Its makes a passing reference to 'International Incidents', but only with its literal meaning, as if an inside joke or an allusion.

IC: Pascal had finished delving through dozens of newspaper articles and filmstrips, and had written this draft to tickle his fascination with writing proposals for the evening.

After contacting the NAA, he awaited comments and distasteful slurs from ambassadors as they gathered in the lobby. Apparently a good film had just ended at 0rville's, as a rush of people from the 9:00 showing arrived just in time.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Unibotian WA Mission wrote:[*]The successful resistance of an Orlkjestadi invasion of Slaytesics, a WA member nation,

WE WERE INVITED THERE! TEA WAS SERVED! WE TALKED ABOUT THE WEATHER! I DENY EVERYTHING! *jumps out window*

Olaf Petersen
World Assembly Representative of Orlkjestad
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Orlkjestad wrote:
Unibotian WA Mission wrote:[*]The successful resistance of an Orlkjestadi invasion of Slaytesics, a WA member nation,

WE WERE INVITED THERE! TEA WAS SERVED! WE TALKED ABOUT THE WEATHER! I DENY EVERYTHING! *jumps out window*

Olaf Petersen
World Assembly Representative of Orlkjestad

Pascal raised his eyebrow, "What an intuitive fellow, he seems to have foreseen his own defenestration, and done it himself! Well, that certainly saves me the trouble of arguing over the nutrition of radioactive tea."

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 am

Did we finish the Jlop/Juthra peace conference?

Crabulonia
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Crabulonia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 am

Squawkboz, a Crabulonia protestor, had left 0rville's and decided to get to work, "What's on agenda today?" he asked as he walked forward to the destroyed fourth wall, which was replaced by a forcefield for the purpose of this debate concerning the first three walls. The forcefield protected the SC from his intrusion so instead he scrawled a hurried note and attached it to the back of a delegate.

Poorly Written Note wrote:I can agree to this. Well done, you have a support of a non-WA nation and therefore a non-delegate. All you have to do is persuade more of us.

Signed, Squawkbox

He then walked off, his day complete, and travelled back to popcorn lounge.
Last edited by Crabulonia on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juthra
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Juthra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 am

Vetok wrote:Did we finish the Jlop/Juthra peace conference?

Yeah, The Unified Delegation of Nations was made (link on peace conference thread)
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:58 am

Transmission From The Nexus

The Nexus, while not a WA member itself would like to point out a few details. The Nexus was the one to launch a fullscale nuclear strike that obliterated Slaytesics, coincidentally while in the WA at that time. Further the NAA failed to respond to us, after our nuclear annihilation of the state of Slaytesics.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 am

From the Desk of Prime Minister Roberts
Head Chair of NAA

While the claims made by the Nexus are true, I must point out that it was never brought to the attention of any member of the Supreme Council that Slaytesics was obliterated in a nuclear attack until far after the attack was over. Hence, unless you like a bunch of letters that are essentially saying "tisk, tisk", we had no reason to intervene on you. Furthermore, the representative from Slaytesics asked for no consequence to be carried out against your nation, and therefore, none were.

Although we try to prevent nuclear attakcs from occuring, we cannot stop every single one, nor can we condemn every single nation that uses nuclear attacks, especially after they are done using them.

Yours,

Prime Minister Kennan Roberts of Bergnovinaia
Head Chair of NAA
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am

Pascal turned his attention to the Nexus,

"As Prime Minister Roberts has pointed out, I believe the historical circumstances referenced to in this resolution are of a different conflict than the one that you describe. However, thank you for attempting to contribute to the historical accuracy of this commendation."
Last edited by Unibotian WASC Mission on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hindopia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hindopia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 am

OOC: I have a policy of abstaining from SC resolutions if they are OOC or do not recognise something off international importance. This, however, is a very worthy proposal. Although before I pledge my full support I must read through the sources that you have provided. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Playing NationStates since November 27, 2009
Back after a long hiatus

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:02 am

Hindopia wrote:OOC: I have a policy of abstaining from SC resolutions if they are OOC or do not recognise something off international importance. This, however, is a very worthy proposal. Although before I pledge my full support I must read through the sources that you have provided. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Pascal nodded, "thank you, ambassador."

Pan-freeland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-freeland » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:36 pm

The evacuation, and recovery of the Southern Province of Pan-Freeland after civil turmoil in the fledgling nation had caused a nuclear war,

It was not a nuclear war, it was nuclear murder.
Rest assured we now have laws that allow peaceful secession.
"Just as Lincoln got contradictory advice from the extremists of both sides . . . so now I have to guard myself against the extremists of both sides."
—Theodore Roosevelt
International Organization of Governments Prime Minister
Fact bookhttp://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46275&p=1903130#p1903130
Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
Mahatma Gandhi
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Pan-freeland wrote:
The evacuation, and recovery of the Southern Province of Pan-Freeland after civil turmoil in the fledgling nation had caused a nuclear war,

Pascal nodded, "thats good to hear!"
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Pan-freeland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-freeland » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Unibotian WA Mission wrote:
Pan-freeland wrote:

Pascal nodded, "thats good to hear!"

"We are now also trying to participate in other international organizations so as to have a much more efficient and peaceful response then last time" said smith.
OCC: I may have accidentally posted with one of my other nations
"Just as Lincoln got contradictory advice from the extremists of both sides . . . so now I have to guard myself against the extremists of both sides."
—Theodore Roosevelt
International Organization of Governments Prime Minister
Fact bookhttp://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46275&p=1903130#p1903130
Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
Mahatma Gandhi
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:48 pm

An old man stood up.

"Hey, I know that Bergnovinaia place! I sent some curling team members out there accidentally to compete in the Bergnovinaian Annual Open! Good stuff, good stuff. Yeah, I could go for commending this guy. I don't see anything related to his devotion to quality NS Sports tourneys, though. Maybe that should be added in?"

The old man sat down. Suddenly, he realized the lack of meanness in his previous actions and immediately kicked the ambassador sitting next to him to make up for it.

EDIT: [OOC: The Bergnovinaian Open is a tennis tournament.]
Last edited by A mean old man on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Pascal nodded, "I don't know if it fits well into the whole, 'World Peace' theme, but how about this..?"

AWARE that the Bergnovinaian Tennis Association has hosted the prestigious Bergnovinaian Open at the Zunkowsky tennis complex in Horuk, Bergnovinaia for the past year -- bringing together forty-five competitive nations from around the world,

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Unibotian WA Mission wrote:Pascal nodded, "I don't know if it fits well into the whole, 'World Peace' theme, but how about this..?"

AWARE that the Bergnovinaian Tennis Association has hosted the prestigious Bergnovinaian Open at the Zunkowsky tennis complex in Horuk, Bergnovinaia for the past year -- bringing together forty-five competitive nations from around the world,

The old man looked at the piece of paper and made a few changes:

AWARE that the Bergnovinaian Tennis Association has hosted the prestigious Bergnovinaian Open at the Zunkowsky tennis complex in Horuk, Bergnovinaia for the past year -- bringing together forty-five competitive nations from around the world, including the nation ruled by the great and all-powerful dictator of the entire world, A mean old man,

"...Looks good!"
Last edited by A mean old man on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:14 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Unibotian WA Mission wrote:Pascal nodded, "I don't know if it fits well into the whole, 'World Peace' theme, but how about this..?"

The old man looked at the piece of paper and made a few changes:

AWARE that the Bergnovinaian Tennis Association has hosted the prestigious Bergnovinaian Open at the Zunkowsky tennis complex in Horuk, Bergnovinaia for the past year -- bringing together forty-five competitive nations from around the world, including the nation ruled by the great and all-powerful dictator of the entire world, A mean old man,

"...Looks good!"

Pascal nodded before unexpectedly lunging at the Mean Old Man, puncturing a hole in his billowy head with a sharp pencil.

The Unibotian continued to nod, wiping his hands off as the talking dirigible of a Mean Old Man quickly deflated in a puddle of cloth.

"Pardon me, but I've be meaning to do that for a while... but there's still another one of those infernal things flying around here..." Pascal said calmly, addressing the other frightened ambassadors.
Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Last edited by A mean old man on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Olaf Petersen, watching in horror, promptly screamed:

"OH MY GOD, YOU KILLED THE MEAN OLD MAN! YOU BASTARD!"
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:57 pm

A mean old man wrote:

OOC: I love the blue reptilian tongue! :lol:

IC:
Orlkjestad wrote:Olaf Petersen, watching in horror, promptly screamed:

"OH MY GOD, YOU KILLED THE MEAN OLD MAN! YOU BASTARD!"

Pascal grabbed Olaf, attempting to calm him down. "Never fear my boy!"

"It was only a Aundotutunagirian look-like -- a gigantic, talking airship!"
Last edited by Unibotian WASC Mission on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Pokemonman
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Pokemonman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:03 pm

OOC: Nice draft. ;)
Friendship is magic!
http://justiceforjanedoe.com/

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 am

Last edited by Noders on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 am

Noders wrote:dont forget the war of roses

"Eeeeeeeeeelaborate?" Pascal commented.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives