NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Elite Region of Global Command

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:24 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:OMG. IT'S NOW JUST A DIFFERENCE OF 5, WITH NO LEADING.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Goto Mototsugu
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goto Mototsugu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:24 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:
Goto Mototsugu wrote:I want one of the major delegates to just completely mess with the vote by constantly switching back and forth.
That would be irritating.

How lol? This entire proposal is not exactly a game changing event. It's condemning some irrelevant Nazi region.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Goto Mototsugu wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote: That would be irritating.

How lol? This entire proposal is not exactly a game changing event. It's condemning some irrelevant Nazi region.

Yes, but this is a very intense proposal. It's a nail-biter because of how close it is.
Dentali wrote:

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:31 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:
Drasnia wrote:-_- you voted for it when you think it's bad and would need and insta-repeal? wowza

Hey, it's better than voting for Navasse's proposal. If this was written by Navasse, everybody would vote against.

Nope. Not me. It's against Nazis. End of story.
Political Compass -10, -9.28

Goto Mototsugu
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goto Mototsugu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Goto Mototsugu wrote:How lol? This entire proposal is not exactly a game changing event. It's condemning some irrelevant Nazi region.

Yes, but this is a very intense proposal. It's a nail-biter because of how close it is.

I mean, it's no Superbowl LI. :p whether this passes or fails, NS will basically be the exact same way the next morning.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:36 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:OMG. IT'S NOW JUST A DIFFERENCE OF 4, WITH NO LEADING.

Yes is now up by two.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Viscondy wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:While the SC may have started off IC when it was formed, it has evolved into a mostly OOC area. For example I post here as me, BBD, not the ambassador from Bhang Bhang Duc. Compare the postings in the GA which are very much IC.

Thanks, I guess, for that information. Does this mean that condemnations/commendations reflect OOC sentiment?

Depends, I suspect. For me, yes.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 pm

This must be historically close by now.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Canton Empire wrote:This must be historically close by now.

Definitely. It would be amazing of yes won by one vote.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:42 pm

It's tied. Nooooooooooo
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Moral States wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:It fails.

I have to say even if it passes, there is a good chance a repeal will take place.

Someone's already drafted a repeal. Wow.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:47 pm

The Laurentian Federation wrote:Are these "Nazis" actually believe in Nazism or are they just joking.

Who the hell knows? But, since I play the game straight, which is to say as close to real life and real political concerns as possible, I assume the same of others until proven otherwise.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Moral States wrote:
I have to say even if it passes, there is a good chance a repeal will take place.

Someone's already drafted a repeal. Wow.

Yes, yes I have. It's called being prepared, and being smart. :P
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 pm

No. Yes is now losing the vote.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Moral States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Moral States » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Sygian II wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Someone's already drafted a repeal. Wow.

Thank you very much. Always think ahead.
Personal Political Beliefs (Survey Results): Conservatism, Sub-Categories: National Conservatism, Right-Populism, Nationalism, Trump Conservatism
Political Party Association (iSideWith Results)(US): 80% Republican, 76% Constitution, 51% Libertarian, 25% Democrat, 18% Green
2016 US Election Beliefs (iSideWith Results): 97% Donald Trump, 38% Gary Johnson, 9% Hillary Clinton, 8% Jill Stein, 7% Bernie Sanders

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Sygian II wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Someone's already drafted a repeal. Wow.

In some ways, I feel for what you said about R&D being an entirely different animal than Nazism and that a condemnation shouldn't be the same for both issues. I tend to agree. Generally, unless there are natives up in arms or there's in game genocide or war crimes, that's why R&D isn't so important to me. If we could condemn ideologies that exclude and denigrate with a stronger badge, I would. But we can't, since most commend and condemns have been fashioned by gameplayers to be about R&D, and I had to then vote yes. Next best thing.

Gandharasila
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 09, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandharasila » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Unbelievable how condemning an openly Nazi region is such a point to ponder over for many nations.

Sardennoi
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardennoi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Gandharasila wrote:Unbelievable how condemning an openly Nazi region is such a point to ponder over for many nations.

Probably because it's drastically more complex than that, and that the consequences of passing this resolution can weaken the future of the security council
"The Sun Always Rises"...until the WA finds a way to prevent that too with meaningless resolutions.

WA Delegate: Whoever comes into the office today

Gandharasila
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandharasila » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Communal Ecotopia wrote:
Sygian II wrote:Yes, yes I have. It's called being prepared, and being smart. :P

In some ways, I feel for what you said about R&D being an entirely different animal than Nazism and that a condemnation shouldn't be the same for both issues. I tend to agree. Generally, unless there are natives up in arms or there's in game genocide or war crimes, that's why R&D isn't so important to me. If we could condemn ideologies that exclude and denigrate with a stronger badge, I would. But we can't, since most commend and condemns have been fashioned by gameplayers to be about R&D, and I had to then vote yes. Next best thing.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you referring to when you say R&D? And in what context?

Gandharasila
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandharasila » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Sardennoi wrote:
Gandharasila wrote:Unbelievable how condemning an openly Nazi region is such a point to ponder over for many nations.

Probably because it's drastically more complex than that, and that the consequences of passing this resolution can weaken the future of the security council

I'd like to be enlightened about that.

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Gandharasila wrote:
Communal Ecotopia wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you referring to when you say R&D? And in what context?

Raiding and Defending.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:46 pm

One vote. This is way too close.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Sardennoi
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardennoi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Gandharasila wrote:
Sardennoi wrote:Probably because it's drastically more complex than that, and that the consequences of passing this resolution can weaken the future of the security council

I'd like to be enlightened about that.

I'll gladly help. If we condemn this nation for simply being Nazis, then we as a body are required to continue condemning nations that are also Nazis. With the influx that will follow a passing of this decision, actually being condemned by the SC will mean very little.
In addition to devaluing condemnations, providing them to these kinds of nations only helps the Nazis. These kinds of nations want condemnations as it proves how successful they are at being bad. This makes recruitment easier, and putting them on the Nationstates stage through these resolutions only provides them with publicity and a pulpit to deliver their hateful views.

Passing this resolution will weaken the strength of the SC's future, as all resolutions will become watered down condemnations of any random Nazi region.
"The Sun Always Rises"...until the WA finds a way to prevent that too with meaningless resolutions.

WA Delegate: Whoever comes into the office today

The Laurentian Federation
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Laurentian Federation » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:07 pm

8686 to 8686
Tense

SuperTronGodTopia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby SuperTronGodTopia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:14 pm

I initially voted For because hey, Nazis.

Then I considered changing my vote because of the reasons people mentioned about devaluing condemnations...

Then I noticed someone from a Raider region complaining that this would devalue their badge of honor from the SC. Wouldn't that make this proposal a good thing? If you're anti-raider, that is.
Last edited by SuperTronGodTopia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives