NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Benevolent Thomas

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:45 am

As per the will of our citizens, The Universal Allegiance has decided to vote AGAINST this proposal.

Lollerland
WA Delegate
Last edited by LollerLand on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Der Angreifer
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Angreifer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:18 pm

From the Osiris Fraternal Order
And the office of the Sub-Vizier of World Assembly Affairs

As Ra makes his way across the heavily sky, and the cycle of the universe continues, the people of Osiris and its prosperity of the Nile, after consulting with the community, and the gods Seshat and Ma’at, have determined to vote AGAINST the current resolution. The Pharaoh will vote according to the people, and according to Ma’at. His actions are necessary in maintaining the balance between order and chaos, truth and darkness, and Osiris will follow the Pharaoh’s direction. The government of the Osiris Fraternal Order will consider no proposal without the text meeting the requirements of Ma’at. We will continue to uphold our moral responsibilities to the people, maintaining and voting in favor of any proposals that will forward the truth and honor that is expected of all who call Osiris home. Cosmic harmony is only obtainable through expressing the will of Ma’at and the will of the Pharaoh. Although we have derived at this decision, the author of the proposal is welcome to present a case that would enlighten the Pharaoh and the community to the purpose of the proposal and perhaps change the will of the gods, the Pharaoh, and the community. If this interests you, please visit our kingdom and speak your knowledge there. All information is important, and will be presented to Seshat, the goddess of wisdom, knowledge, and writing to help direct the Pharaoh to make the right decision for the people of the fraternal order. If you have any questions about Osiris in the World Assembly, please direct them to the office of the Sub-Vizier of World Assembly Affairs by sending Der Angreifer a telegram. For more general questions regarding Osiris, please direct them to the Pharaoh, Cormactopia II. Thank you fellow ambassadors, and author of the current proposal at vote, for your time. Osiris, her people, and the office of the Sub-Vizier greatly appreciate your time and patience.

Best Regards,

Der Angreifer, Sub-Vizier of World Assembly Affairs

Die Wunderwaffenprogramm
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Wunderwaffenprogramm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:07 am

I agree with the majority of nations here.
The World Assembly Security Council is not here to function as a service to commend people of being great leaders. However, if the council functioned like that, I'd surely create a proposal to commend myself. The Security Council must focus on real issues such as securing regions and nations against raiders and preventing wars. I find this vote to by void.
I firmly believe that this issue should be voted against because this is utter boondoggle: by no means should we randomly award people when there are much greater leaders who do ten times the work of people like Benevolent Thomas and don't even ask for a reward.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:32 am

Die Wunderwaffenprogramm wrote:I agree with the majority of nations here.
The World Assembly Security Council is not here to function as a service to commend people of being great leaders.

But... it is. That is why we have Commendations. All the people who keep saying this is a non-issue are completely ignoring about a third of what the Security Council can do.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:59 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Die Wunderwaffenprogramm wrote:I agree with the majority of nations here.
The World Assembly Security Council is not here to function as a service to commend people of being great leaders.

But... it is. That is why we have Commendations. All the people who keep saying this is a non-issue are completely ignoring about a third of what the Security Council can do.

Yeah, that's why I just dumped out everything I had left that I was working on and am not going to touch the SC again. :P
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:00 am

"Commend Benevolent Thomas" was defeated 11,758 votes to 5,747.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Previous

Return to WA Archives