NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Liberate Social Liberal Union (by Filthy Casualz)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:07 am

Following the return of the Founder of Social Liberal Union, I have withdrawn Osiris' regional vote for this liberation proposal.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:27 am

Respecting the wish of the natives and being suspicious of the motives of the ones behind this proposal, The Universal Allegiance has decided to vote against this proposal.

Lollerland
Acting WA Delegate
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Europe and Oceania
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Europe and Oceania » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:19 am

We voted for this.
"For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either" --Blaise Pascal

"The Republican Party is not even a party anymore, it's just a group of Christian Fundamentalists and representatives for Corporate America."
--Kyle Kulinski, Host of Secular Talk

WA Delegate and Founder of New Utopian World

Boghorn
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Boghorn » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 am

And the situation ended up getting resolved on its own while the SC sat back and did nothing but bicker over a meaningless law. Yep, this really is like the UN.

The United Muslim Caliphate
Civilian

Founded: Oct 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Muslim Caliphate » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 am

I'm just wondering that this bordering may lead to more tensions and another conflict, which your side cannot handle.

San Poland
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby San Poland » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 am

And in a stunning turn of events, the SC did nothing while Social Liberal Union fixed this.

Selatania
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Selatania » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:42 am

"Impressed, despite the dire situation in Social Liberal Union, that Marshal T E Lawrence of The Invaders, in cohorts with other elite raiders, was able to conduct this seemingly-impossible invasion,"

I smell a rat

San Poland
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby San Poland » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Selatania wrote:"Impressed, despite the dire situation in Social Liberal Union, that Marshal T E Lawrence of The Invaders, in cohorts with other elite raiders, was able to conduct this seemingly-impossible invasion,"

I smell a rat

You have a good nose. I have never heard of raiders trying to liberate the region that have raided...

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:31 pm

I don't know which is more sad, Cormac throwing a fit about the notion of Raider Unity, an ideology The Invaders do not ascribe to, or this attempt at a 'brazen stealth operation' within the Security Council by TI.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Ravnabbor
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravnabbor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Member of the USSD here, I'm voting against this. Filthy Casualz has been really shady and I can see the natives don't want this.
Fylkir Raven
Sergeant of
The Invaders
Commissar of Internal Affairs and Fleet Marshal of USSD

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:I don't know which is more sad, Cormac throwing a fit about the notion of Raider Unity, an ideology The Invaders do not ascribe to, or this attempt at a 'brazen stealth operation' within the Security Council by TI.

Why raiders gotta make BT sad? :(
See You Space Cowboy...

East Antegria
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby East Antegria » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:01 am

East Antegria has voted AGAINST this resolution.

Horsean
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

The FH's suspicion of the current resolution

Postby Horsean » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:08 am

Firstly, how is a native supposed to be......IMPRESSED by a coup that restricts them.

Next, every time I looked at the resolution I see the word RAIDER so......how can anyone explain this, coincidence?

Finally, I have been told by a......refugee that the occupying delegate voted for this resolution, but it is your opinion and your vote.

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:26 am

The invading delegate did vote for this resolution. However the democratically elected delegate has now returned and voted against the resolution, in accordance with the wishes of the native nations of the region.

This resolution is troublesome and brings no benefit to our region. I hope that Security Council members will vote against it.

The Republic People
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic People » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:48 am

In concern for Filthy Casualz, the submitter of the proposal, The Republic of Terosa has actually submitted them for commendation.

I get the feeling they're one of the nations that voted Yes for this proposal. All of this seems incredibly suspicious.
Develop a strong moral compass, but don't let it blind you to reality.

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Twilight Imperium » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:06 am

Boghorn wrote:And the situation ended up getting resolved on its own while the SC sat back and did nothing but bicker over a meaningless law. Yep, this really is like the UN.

To be fair, the only thing they coulda done is pass/not pass the law, which takes a specific amount of time. It was still a very silly process though yes. :p

Syolore
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Syolore » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:01 pm

As a delegate of Syolore, it is to my greatest sorrow to inform the assembly that our nation is relatively new, and has been isolated for some time. As such, I am unsure if our nation has the context necessary to make a decision.

I thought we might be able to glean some information as to what is going on from the resolution and the discussion thereof, but no such luck.

It sounds like a region known the Social Liberal Union has been invaded by several invader groups, and this bill is about whether to "liberate" this invaded region.

However, this bill is suspicious because it's likely that it was proposed by a member of the invading groups.

In addition, it appears every member of the SLU that has appeared before us has advised us to vote against the bill. Thus, it is sounding like that is the desirable course of action.

How accurate is this?

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Syolore wrote:As a delegate of Syolore, it is to my greatest sorrow to inform the assembly that our nation is relatively new, and has been isolated for some time. As such, I am unsure if our nation has the context necessary to make a decision.

I thought we might be able to glean some information as to what is going on from the resolution and the discussion thereof, but no such luck.

It sounds like a region known the Social Liberal Union has been invaded by several invader groups, and this bill is about whether to "liberate" this invaded region.

However, this bill is suspicious because it's likely that it was proposed by a member of the invading groups.

In addition, it appears every member of the SLU that has appeared before us has advised us to vote against the bill. Thus, it is sounding like that is the desirable course of action.

How accurate is this?

That's what happened, so it's pretty much 100% accurate.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Renge Sun
Civilian

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Trust those who are in SLU

Postby Renge Sun » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Eggy216 wrote:
New Zacharianasville wrote:I Voted for. Frankly I dont care how the bill was written, but as soon as I saw the word liberation, I checked out the region that was invaded, and saw some terrible stuff occuring, hence I made my decision. Although I do find it odd that the delegate for the invaders voted for it, fishy stuff...

As a long time member of the Social Liberal Union, I would implore you to change your vote to against. Frankly the bill as it is constructed right now serves to pump the tires of the invaders more than it serves to do anything to help the SLU. At the same time, without any password instituted on the region by the invaders it doesn't do anything to hurt the invasion strategy, and actually makes it harder for us to wrest control back if we have a liberation in the World Assembly preventing us from temporarily locking the region once we get control back in order to expel all of the invaders.

Please, if you seek stand with the SLU, vote against the resolution currently at vote.

I trust the multiple members of the Social Liberal Union and with accordance the newly formed country of the Commonwealth of Renge Sun will be voting against this resolution until new information is presented and better execution has been performed on behalf of the SLU.

The Skrall
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Skrall » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:03 am

The region in the proposal, Social Liberal Union, has a FOUNDER!!!
Why the hell do they need a liberation? The Founder can free the region.
This proposal was a waste of the Security Council's time.
Last edited by The Skrall on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is simple: move ahead, conquer, secure what you have taken, and then move on."
"We all have a debt to nature due, I'll pay mine and so must you."
- Lord Tuma [Political Compass - Economy: -5.13 | Authoritarianism: 6.54]
We are a nation of silicon-based life forms that live for 1000s of years and are around 2-4 times the height of a human.

Drasnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:06 am

The Skrall wrote:The region in the proposal, [region=Social Liberal Union], has a FOUNDER!!!
Why the hell do they need a liberation? The Founder can free the region.
This proposal was a waste of the Security Council's time.

The founder resurrected after this proposal went to vote.
See You Space Cowboy...

The Skrall
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Skrall » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:15 am

If the region is already recovered, won't a liberation open it up to attack?
Also, it seems peculiar that the people living in the region want this defeated.
I am voting against this.
"Life is simple: move ahead, conquer, secure what you have taken, and then move on."
"We all have a debt to nature due, I'll pay mine and so must you."
- Lord Tuma [Political Compass - Economy: -5.13 | Authoritarianism: 6.54]
We are a nation of silicon-based life forms that live for 1000s of years and are around 2-4 times the height of a human.

Drasnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:27 am

The Skrall wrote:If the region is already recovered, won't a liberation open it up to attack?
Also, it seems peculiar that the people living in the region want this defeated.
I am voting against this.

Yes, yes, and good.
See You Space Cowboy...

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:30 am

"Liberate Social Liberal Union" was defeated 14,858 votes to 2,659.
:clap: :clap:
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Syolore
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Syolore » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:49 am

Welp, looks like I didn't get to vote. But since apparently my explanation of what happened was correct, I would have voted no, and no won. So I wasn't needed...this time.

Hopefully I'll get in on things next time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives