NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Against Suicide Seeds

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:57 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:On the grounds that potentially dangerous things should not (necessarily) be able duplicate themselves,

"Hr'rmm, so if a proposal to sterilize all humans weren't illegal under existing law..."
;)

Artorrios o SouthWoods
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Calladan
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 am

Araraukar wrote:
Calladan wrote:There is quite a lot of evidence from history that not everyone agrees with your point of view.

OOC: If you're referring to RL history, please be aware that most people's roleplay isn't exact (or even anywhere closely related) copy of the real life and thus is unlikely to have the same history. For example, for me, Araraukar is on an Earth-like planet, but one with 2 moons and different continental placement (and of course some differences in animal and plant life). The RL nations and thus the RL human history never existed on the planet my IC nation is on.

My own nation's history is awash with people who thought eugenics was a good way to improve society. Most of them managed to restrict themselves to just writing books, articles and treatise on the subject (something that was and still is protected under free speech and free expression - as long as they stayed at the theoretical stage and did not move in to active experiments the governments of the day had no issue with them), but during the The Seven Years, The Blessed Order decided that true believers should be required to mate with each other to produce even stronger believers, while the most faithless of heretics were forbidden from marrying or having children in order to prevent the spread of their evil, faithless cult.

Needless to say, when The CLC liberated the country, the beliefs and practices they engaged in were once again outlawed, but (and forgive the irony of this statement) we have a strong genetic memory, to the topic of eugenics and so forth is somewhat of a touchy subject in Calladan.
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:33 am

Calladan wrote:*snip*

OOC: Yeah, I realized belatedly that you always post in IC. And I'm not going to post in IC with Janis, because your charas would likely be highly offended by Araraukar's official stance to things like eugenics and population control... :lol:
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Calladan
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calladan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:55 am

Araraukar wrote:
Calladan wrote:*snip*

OOC: Yeah, I realized belatedly that you always post in IC. And I'm not going to post in IC with Janis, because your charas would likely be highly offended by Araraukar's official stance to things like eugenics and population control... :lol:

(grin) I tend to substitute pity and sympathy for the misguided in place of offence (it helps with diplomatic relations and my stress levels!) :p
Tara A McGill, Ambassador to Lucinda G Doyle III
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Zathras. Then be Zathras"
A Rough Guide To Calladan | The Seven Years of Darkness | Ambassador McGill's Facebook Page
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, providing they are Christian & white" - Trump

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:32 pm

"Against Suicide Seeds" was defeated 10,787 votes to 4,543.

Well, we're disappointed to be sure. Stopping Suicide Seeds was repealed on a lie following the moderators' refusal to uphold authors' rights. This time, a substantially similar draft did not have the same luck as the original resolution, being stomped by three powerful delegates, including one of the aforementioned moderators, in the first half hour of its vote.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:35 am

Christian Democrats wrote:*snip*

OOC: You don't need to rail against Mouse or any of the other mods. A 3-delegate stomp at the start hasn't stopped some proposals from being passed anyway. If I was you, I'd look at the contents of the proposal, not who voted what.
Last edited by Araraukar on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Previous

Return to WA Archives