NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] International Criminal Court

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 am

a difference that makes no difference , is no difference
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:20 am

you are putting words in my mouth

this resolution simply goes too far
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Commoditia wrote:As Official Statistician to the Assembly, I shall now provide the House with the final statistical analysis before I retire for the evening.

Votes for: 64%
Votes Against: 36%
Total votes cast: 5,029

The next time I arrive for work, I shall be working as the Official Statistician for the anti-smuggling Act.

Congratulations on the passage of this resolution

I shall now retire. I shall see you in the morning.

F. Quafflington

:palm:
You know, we're perfectly capable of reading the Big Board for ourselves.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

OOC: In other words, don't make a habit of this.
Last edited by Flibbleites on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southrons United
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Southrons United » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:38 pm

As I have said before, National Sovereignty comes first. Never would I let some other nation write my laws for me. Not that I have have lax criminal justice laws, its that "We the People" should be, with the WA, "We the Nations".

Vervaria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vervaria » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Vervaria was pleased to vote in support of this proposal, and looks forward to it's imminent passage.

-Ambassador James Marvay
Lulz: viewtopic.php?p=2707685#p2707685
Fact book
Robustian wrote:If you disagree with me, you are wrong. Period.

Ashmoria wrote:it worries me more when people who hate the government and dont think it can do a good job at anything get into power and start running things.

Wanderjar wrote:hiding behind this "I WANT SOURCES" wall is very quaint

Self--Esteem wrote:No. I love smearing those people who evidently like their country blown by a nuke and who are too foolish to realise that middle-eastern terrorism is nothing to be fond of.

Novistranaya wrote:After the Civil War, the majority of Southerners were more than happy to accept defeat and acknowledge the fact that (though not immediately) blacks were going to have the same rights as them.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Southrons United wrote:As I have said before, National Sovereignty comes first. Never would I let some other nation write my laws for me. Not that I have have lax criminal justice laws, its that "We the People" should be, with the WA, "We the Nations".

You are aware that there are 101 statutes, most of them containing numerous laws, which 'you' did not write, but are bound to by virtue of being in the World Assembly, correct?

- Dr. B. Castro

Denecaep
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Denecaep » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:37 pm

I can't wait to make a non-canon roleplay...
Founding Senator Dene Caep of the NSG Senate

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 am

A short note, typed on plain white paper with a signature at the bottom, left on your desk:

Dear Esteemed Ambassadors,

A few hours ago, I had the pleasure of informing Roujinsei, Emperor of Quelesh, may he be forever beloved by the people, that the resolution authored by our delegation, International Criminal Court, had passed this assembly by a decisive margin.

Like the citizens of Quelesh, the Emperor, may his face be forever warmed by the gentle sun, believes passionately in justice, not for some, but for all, and he is greatly pleased by the passage of this resolution.

This could not have been accomplished without your support. I have been tasked, therefore, with conveying the satisfaction and gratitude of the Emperor, may his feet forever fall on the soft grass, for your support of this resolution. Further, the Emperor, may a smile forever light his face, has directed me to express to you his best wishes.

Yours truly,

Gabriel Senchi
By the grace of the gods and chance, personal assistant to the Emperor Roujinsei, may his wisdom forever be a light unto the world
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

The Eternal Kawaii
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Kawaii » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:25 am

We, for one, welcome our new gnomish overlords.
Learn More about The Eternal Kawaii from our Factbook!

"Aside from being illegal, it's not like Max Barry Day was that bad of a resolution." -- Glen Rhodes
"as a member of the GA elite, I don't have to take this" -- Vancouvia

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 am

We, for one, are shooting them on sight.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 am

Philimbesi wrote:

Our nation agrees with our the representative from Philimbesi!
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Denecaep
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Denecaep » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 am

Congratulations on this passing! I got some non-canon to celebrate!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58636
Founding Senator Dene Caep of the NSG Senate

MI Social Engineering
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] International Criminal Court

Postby MI Social Engineering » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm

As was stated, in response to the passing in this resolution, all blonds in our country have been forced to move 10 feet to their left. We welcome the ICC.

The Eternal Kawaii
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Kawaii » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 am

Lowell Leber wrote:
Philimbesi wrote:

Our nation agrees with our the representative from Philimbesi!

So do we, but the little buggers are hard to hit.
Learn More about The Eternal Kawaii from our Factbook!

"Aside from being illegal, it's not like Max Barry Day was that bad of a resolution." -- Glen Rhodes
"as a member of the GA elite, I don't have to take this" -- Vancouvia

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 am

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:

We are more then willing to send some of our sniper to help. Should you require them.

We are also aware this is purely a symbolic gesture and within a matter of time on of the little jerks will make it in, but for now we are classifying it as a training exercise.

Francine "Franky" Gerhalller
USP Army Commander
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

The Gnomish Warbands
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gnomish Warbands » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 am

Philimbesi wrote:
The Eternal Kawaii wrote:

We are more then willing to send some of our sniper to help. Should you require them.

We are also aware this is purely a symbolic gesture and within a matter of time on of the little jerks will make it in, but for now we are classifying it as a training exercise.

Francine "Franky" Gerhalller
USP Army Commander

A rather pugnatious gnome stomps into the Festering Snakepit. He is wearing studded leather armor, hobnailled boots, and holding a warhammer. upon his shoulder rides a rather fierce looking War-Ferret. THe Gnome is also smoking a rather vile smelling cheroot.
Hah! Listen up ya Marys! The little buggers might get in, but thanks to me and the lads, the little buggers won't be leaving the AO....at least not in one piece. I guess its time to get the lads to saddle up the shetland ponies.
Huzzah,
Thadbroxoton Kornweasel,
Thain on the Gnomish Warbands.

As he stomps back out, he starts to sing,
"OHHHHH I'm heading foooorrrr the last roundup........"

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Palentine » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Southrons United wrote:As I have said before, National Sovereignty comes first. Never would I let some other nation write my laws for me. Not that I have have lax criminal justice laws, its that "We the People" should be, with the WA, "We the Nations".

You are aware that there are 101 statutes, most of them containing numerous laws, which 'you' did not write, but are bound to by virtue of being in the World Assembly, correct?

- Dr. B. Castro

Compliance might be manditory, but if the Festering Snakepit thinks that I'm going to allow any of my citizens to be tried by the ICC they have another thing coming. I for one rufuse to recognize the legitimacy of the court.
Excelsior,
Her Imperial Hottness, Jhessan Spaulding
Co-Empress of the Palentine
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Manticore Reborn
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Manticore Reborn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 am

The Palentine wrote:Compliance might be manditory, but if the Festering Snakepit thinks that I'm going to allow any of my citizens to be tried by the ICC they have another thing coming. I for one rufuse to recognize the legitimacy of the court.
Excelsior,
Her Imperial Hottness, Jhessan Spaulding
Co-Empress of the Palentine

And as long as you try your citizens for their crimes, I do not think this would ever be an issue for you anyway.
Respectfully,
Hamish Alexander, Eighteenth Earl of White Haven
Minister of Foreign Affairs to His Majesty King Roger VI
The Kingdom of Manticore Reborn

Our National Anthem
Factbook on NSWiki

Kulaloe
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulaloe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Neutonica wrote:
Kulaloe wrote:My dear delegates: Would it not be a better idea to just invade nations that irrefutably engage in or harbour who have engaged in these atrosities? Annexation of these nations would allow them to come under your own laws. If these atrosities occur in another nation, it is out of your nations' jurisdiction, invasion is the only option!

Another method of dealing with governments that conduct genocide would be to assassinate the perpetrators. Kulaloe's airforce has many good assassins at its disposal for the elimination of genocidal maniacs. Just give us sufficient legitimate evidence of genocidal wrongdoing and we'll gladly deal with your enemies!

So, representative from Kulaloe, you suggest we kill more people to stop these people from killing people? It's a little hypocritical, no?

Hmm... Ten people in charge of killing one hundred people per day are mysteriously murdered. The reason for slaughtering the one hundred people was because they were of an ethnic group hated by their nation's leader. If the Kulaloe'hi Air Force killed the ten people we're apparently hypocrites. If some of the prisoners being slated for slaughter managed to sneak into their quarters and do it themselves are they hypocrites for murdering their would-be killers? Or is it self defence? Or would the KAF's actions be seen as a liberation in the eyes of everyone they just saved? It is no different than a police officer shooting a rampaging, methed-up gunman who is armed with a P-90 in order to stop the meth-head from killing more people than he already has!

True Kulaloe was founded by vigilantes who ignored the laws of other nations when those laws needed to be broken to protect the oppressed. That spirit of upholding our morals above the law still lives in us. We will continue our practices in spite of this legislation's passage with slight alterations. If you need police to arrest these wanted tyrants Kulaloe shall provide its military forces. Just don't be too surprised if our troops "thought they saw the assailant(s) reach for a gun."
It's pronounced koo-LAH-loy
My currency works like the yen, please do not think my storefront prices are extortionate.
Kulaloe's NSwiki Page|Kulaloe's Foreign Legion UDL Member
Remember kids: It's only fun 'til YOU lose an eye!

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 pm

The honoured ambassador from Charlotte Ryberg is delighted to see the launch of the International Criminal Court. In fact, we feel that it could be even more successful if we brought it into life in RP at least.

Yours etc,

Nullarni
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:12 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:The honoured ambassador from Charlotte Ryberg is delighted to see the launch of the International Criminal Court. In fact, we feel that it could be even more successful if we brought it into life in RP at least.

Yours etc,

OOC: I may have voted against it, but I agree that this would make for a very interesting RP section. I would post in it.
Proud founder of the NEW WARSAW PACT. Visitors welcome.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives