NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] A Promotion of Basic Education

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Did somebody leave the bloody nitrous-oxide on again? The delegates seem to be getting all manner of silly. This is very undignified.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 pm

"A Promotion of Basic Education" was passed 4,605 [75%] votes to 1,550 [25%].

We thank each and every single person who did their best for this result, supporters and opponents alike.
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:

We thank each and every single person who did their best for this result, supporters and opponents alike.

Congratulations, Ambassador.

I'm sure we're all preparing for an apocalyptic attack from the Huge Mistake. :rofl:
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 am

The delegation from Quelesh extends its congratulations to the esteemed ambassadors from Unibot and Sionis Prioratus for their success with this resolution. :)
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:44 am

Linux and the X wrote:
Sionis Prioratus wrote:

Congratulations, Ambassador.

I'm sure we're all preparing for an apocalyptic attack from the Huge Mistake. :rofl:

IC:

Woodrow nodded sagely in agreement.

"As does the Red Flag Administration and its highly trained Red Flag Brigade. Though in truthfulness, we do not expect to be attacked by a such cowardly nation. Should they try, their attempt will of course be met with force."

His whiskers twitched and he raised a hind paw to scratch behind his ears.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004

Postby Tzorsland » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:40 am

The Master walks into the chamber and turns to the delegation from Unibot.

"I see that the resolution has passed; congratulations."

"Never the less YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS."

Then he turned to his invited guest from Retired Werepenguins.

"I never authorized you to use the expensive sushi, I thought you would use Califorina rolls. You will have to pay for the uni you threw at the Unibot delegation from your own national revenues; unless you can convince the delegation from Unibot to pay for it."

Turning back to the delegation from Unibot ...

"As I said, you will pay for this. If only to stop the annoying werepenguin over here from constantly calling you up at the odd hours of the night with his over friendly chatty conversations and constant use of the word 'please.'"
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

Tzorsland wrote:"Never the less YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS."

Pascal grabbed the 'The Master' and took pleasure in heaving him through the windowpane, and watching him fall through the air helplessly.

His aide whispered to Pascal, "You know.. you didn't HAVE to leave the window closed".

Pascal smiled, grasping his aide's shoulder. "And THAT is why you are an aide, and not a vice ambassador, hairdo."

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:33 am

On behalf of Dimitri MacCarinson, who sadly cannot be here to witness his historic moment, I congratulate all ambassadors and nations concerned. This was a well-thought resolution with a very good and successful aim

Long may basic education continue throughout the World

-Andrew Micailovich
Deputy ambassador to the World Assembly

Im Namen von Dimitri MacCarinson, die leider nicht hier sein kann, Zeuge seines historischen Moment, ich beglückwünsche alle Botschafter und betroffenen Nationen. Das war eine gut durchdachte Lösung mit einer sehr guten und erfolgreichen Ziel

lange kann Grundbildung weiterhin in der gesamten Welt

-Andrew Micailovich
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:19 pm

With the light gleaming off his newly-waxed fivehead, Starting Quarterback Peyton Manning #18 adjusted his tie as he stepped to the podium.

Ladies and gentlemen, the criminal World Assembly has just enacted a new resolution that stands to enslave trillions of individuals, just like yourselves, worldwide. While we in Bluth Corporation are not bound by this, as the government of The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation has chosen to refrain from World Assembly membership, we cannot ignore the oppression set to victimize innumerable quantities of people worldwide. To protect sacred natural individual rights everywhere, we intend to arrest, try, torture, and execute the leaders of the governments that voted in support of this resolution, as in so doing they have violated Bluth Corporation Law, Title 3, Chapter 5, Article 1, "Slavery and Murder of the Human Spirit."

Many of this government's tyrannical enemies seem to think we are planning some sort of catastrophic attack. Nothing of the sort is necessary. These government leaders we are arresting are no more than petty criminals, like any common thief, and so we will deal with them as we do with any common thief. This will be nothing more than an ordinary, run-of-the-mill police operation, and we will only escalate force if compelled to do so by resistance from our suspects.

Thank you for your time.
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Postby Tzorsland » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 pm

The Master laid for a moment with his back against the TARDIS floor. It was a good thing he remembered to have his TARDIS materialize on the debating floor window. He went to his control console, typed in the coordinates to the nation of Unibot and pressed ENTER.

It really was nice of the Supreme Darlek to implement a "WHERE IS THE DOCTOR" global tip line. He was pretty sure that people did these kinds of tricks to them all the time. He was confident that Unibot could stand a full force Darlek invasion ... for a little while.
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:With the light gleaming off his newly-waxed fivehead, Starting Quarterback Peyton Manning #18 adjusted his tie as he stepped to the podium.

Ladies and gentlemen, the criminal World Assembly has just enacted a new resolution that stands to enslave trillions of individuals, just like yourselves, worldwide. While we in Bluth Corporation are not bound by this, as the government of The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation has chosen to refrain from World Assembly membership, we cannot ignore the oppression set to victimize innumerable quantities of people worldwide. To protect sacred natural individual rights everywhere, we intend to arrest, try, torture, and execute the leaders of the governments that voted in support of this resolution, as in so doing they have violated Bluth Corporation Law, Title 3, Chapter 5, Article 1, "Slavery and Murder of the Human Spirit."

Many of this government's tyrannical enemies seem to think we are planning some sort of catastrophic attack. Nothing of the sort is necessary. These government leaders we are arresting are no more than petty criminals, like any common thief, and so we will deal with them as we do with any common thief. This will be nothing more than an ordinary, run-of-the-mill police operation, and we will only escalate force if compelled to do so by resistance from our suspects.

Thank you for your time.

Does this, er, edict apply to the citizens within democratic or representative governments who voted for this resolution, either directly, or through their elected representatives? I ask only because if one intends to arrest a great majority of the citizens within said nations for exercising their right to self-rule, in the name of self-rule, I do believe that you may succeed in your endeavor if only because that twist of logic may cause spontaneous mass head explosion in all those who hear it. But then, I may just be misunderstanding some minor detail.

Ambassador Darvek-kan Tyvok
Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:To protect sacred natural individual rights everywhere,

Define these "sacred natural rights".

we intend to arrest, try, torture, and execute the leaders of the governments that voted in support of this resolution,

You realise you'll need to arrest nearly eight billion people from my own nation alone. You have less than half that population.

as in so doing they have violated Bluth Corporation Law, Title 3, Chapter 5, Article 1, "Slavery and Murder of the Human Spirit."

Which does not apply outside of the Huge Mistake.

Many of this government's tyrannical enemies seem to think we are planning some sort of catastrophic attack.

You are speaking of an act of war. Much of the world, tyrannical or not, does not look kindly on acts of war.

Nothing of the sort is necessary. These government leaders we are arresting are no more than petty criminals, like any common thief, and so we will deal with them as we do with any common thief.

Do you ordinarily arrest people who have no connection with your nation?

This will be nothing more than an ordinary, run-of-the-mill police operation, and we will only escalate force if compelled to do so by resistance from our suspects.

No. This will be an act of war, and you may expect a response to an act of war.

Cheers!
--fps
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:With the light gleaming off his newly-waxed fivehead, Starting Quarterback Peyton Manning #18 adjusted his tie as he stepped to the podium.

Thank you for your time.

IC:

Ambassador Gordison sighed - not this tripe again! Was there even a point to this? The Bluth Corporation's spokesman was a raving lunatic. Or at least that's what the delegation's official documents to the Red Flag Administration and the Grand Magistrate Weasel stated. He idly doodled on the memo in front of him that had been brought by one of his subordinates (the contents of which are irrelevant as it has nothing to do with the resolution - though it does state that Bluth Corporation has been blacklisted by the Red Flag Administration as a threat to national sovereignty) while the pompous windy-windbag frothed at the mouth, ranting about what twaddle the latest resolution was.

He glanced at the expensive watch on his wrist, watching the arms tick away the agonizing minutes.

After what seemed like an eternity of needless blathering by a half-wit barely sapient non-weasel being, he turned to listen to other ambassadors and delegates speak, as it was the proper thing to do. Once it was apparent the floor was open, he took to it.

"Surely Mr. Manning, you realise that you have effectively declared war on nations who have by their own sovereign right chosen to be bound by the rules of the World Assembly and should said nations disagree with the principles and laws of this organisation are not obligated to continue paying their dues and are free to do as they wish? Or is it because these nations have chosen their own destiny in life instead of yours that you spout such nonsense with little if any appreciation for the potential consequences and repercussions of your careless words?

"Do you retract your statement, or do we take this as a declaration of war as our administration?"

Ambassador Gordison trailed off as a plate of cheese was placed in front of him by a subordinate. He cleared his throat.

"We must now yield the floor to other delegates, for it's time for cheese and crackers."
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:To protect sacred natural individual rights everywhere, we intend to [...] torture, and execute [individuals]

The ambassador from Quelesh, Leonard Roku, chortles violently upon hearing this statement, expelling his possibly alcoholic drink from his nose, and continues chuckling uncontrollably throughout the remainder of Manning's little speech.

Surely you jest, Ambassador! What kind of "sacred natural individual rights" do you have in your, erm, "country" anyway?
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 am

just as the honoured Ambassador for Linus and the X said...:

Thank you for your time.
[/quote]

I thought he wouldn't be happy with us - he never is...and he does present rather good arguments, but no one ever listens
Last edited by Diatraba on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Postby Tzorsland » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 am

Kryozerkia wrote:Ambassador Gordison trailed off as a plate of cheese was placed in front of him by a subordinate. He cleared his throat.

"We must now yield the floor to other delegates, for it's time for cheese and crackers."

Flash Blonde (who has not left the chamber yet and you will be stuck with him for the remainder of the thread) turned with shock and horror at Ambassador Gordison. "Cheese," he asked in shock. "You mean they allow weapons in this chamber?"

The Master's aid was clearly confused (as would be most ineliigent people hearing Flash Blonde's occasional arguments).

"Well I suppose that is solid cheese and is not as dangerous," Flash replied. "But when melted, cheese can be a dangerous weapon. That's why we have banned cheese in Retired Werepenguins; on multiple occasions I should add."

"You eat tourists, but you won't eat cheese," she replied.

"Of course," Flash replied. "Tourists are tasty; cheese is dangerous."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives