Page 1 of 2

[PASSED] Repeal "Commend Unibot II"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:34 am
by Nemeth
Repeal "Commend Unibot II"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC#78 | Proposed by: Nemeth





Description: WA Security Council Resolution #78: Commend Unibot II shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council:

Observing that the contributions to the interregional community cited by SC#78: Commend Unibot II as justification for commendation of Unibot II are far more complex than SC#78 would lead the world to believe;

Noting that, contrary to the claims of SC#78, the leadership of Unibot II among nations and regions that defend vulnerable regions from invasion has proven extremely divisive, often resulting in needless disunity among such nations and regions, to the detriment of defender strategy and organization;

Asserting that Unibot II's leadership of the United Defenders League (UDL) was plagued with scandal, as the UDL often strayed far from the defender ideal of regional sovereignty under Unibot II's direction, committing a number of unjustifiable subversive actions against several prominent regions;

Recalling that the UDL fell into complete disarray from which it has never fully recovered in the aftermath of one such subversive incident, an espionage scandal in The North Pacific which met with widespread interregional condemnation, demonstrating the severity of Unibot II's poor leadership of the organization and the nation's complete disregard for the sovereignty of regions that do not conform to its extreme worldview;

Objecting to the credit extended to Unibot II by SC#78 for so-called "scholarly works," noting that the works produced by Unibot II have often demonstrated ignorance and oversimplification of interregional history, resulting in propagandized conclusions based on the ideologically radical worldview and agenda of Unibot II rather than scholarly research focused on empirical data;

Chastising Unibot II for its reckless abandonment of Eastern Islands of Dharma, which SC#78 credits Unibot II for founding, abandonment which led to the destructive invasion and occupation of the region, closure of regional borders to immigration, the abrupt cessation of regional activity, and ultimately to the reduction of the regional population to one inactive nation;

Repudiating the disreputable behavior of Unibot II as contrary to the principles and aims of this Security Council, and firmly asserting that a nation of such ill repute -- which, as a result of its own reprehensible behavior, has been annihilated and no longer even exists -- should not be rewarded by this Security Council with commendation:

Hereby Repeals SC#78: Commend Unibot II.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:38 am
by Tinfect
You uh, are aware that Unibot II no longer exists, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:41 am
by Nemeth
Tinfect wrote:You uh, are aware that Unibot II no longer exists, right?

Nemeth wrote:Repudiating the disreputable behavior of Unibot II as contrary to the principles and aims of this Security Council, and firmly asserting that a nation of such ill repute -- which, as a result of its own reprehensible behavior, has been annihilated and no longer even exists -- should not be rewarded by this Security Council with commendation

May I refer you to GA#122: Read the Resolution Act? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:46 am
by Tinfect
Nemeth wrote:
Nemeth wrote:Repudiating the disreputable behavior of Unibot II as contrary to the principles and aims of this Security Council, and firmly asserting that a nation of such ill repute -- which, as a result of its own reprehensible behavior, has been annihilated and no longer even exists -- should not be rewarded by this Security Council with commendation

May I refer you to GA#122: Read the Resolution Act? :roll:



Well now, calm down, I just missed a sentence, happens from time to time.
In any case, why do you feel the need to repeal a commendation for a nation that does not even exist anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:00 am
by Nemeth
Tinfect wrote:Well now, calm down, I just missed a sentence, happens from time to time.
In any case, why do you feel the need to repeal a commendation for a nation that does not even exist anymore?

"An excellent question," remarked Ambassador Pendrake. "The government of Unibot II has migrated to a new homeland and called it Unibot III. While this is not the same nation, it is under the same government, and so this government continues to benefit from the prestige of the former nation's Security Council commendation. This is a situation that should long ago have been corrected."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 am
by Funkadelia
While I'm not going to comment on the purpose of the proposal, I can appreciate that you used the word "chastising" to begin a clause. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:48 am
by Ramaeus
Full support. I will vote stack for this once it reaches quorum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:10 am
by Lord Ravenclaw
Lord Ravenclaw's Delegation approves of this repeal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:22 pm
by The Other Otter
I otterly approve.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:43 pm
by The Stalker
Against. The nation cease to exist forever ago for one, and whether you love or hate Unibot, he has more than earned his place in the NS History books. He's been playing NS a long time and done a ton, probably one of the most well known players in NS to date.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 pm
by Nemeth
The Stalker wrote:Against. The nation cease to exist forever ago for one, and whether you love or hate Unibot, he has more than earned his place in the NS History books. He's been playing NS a long time and done a ton, probably one of the most well known players in NS to date.

What he's well known for largely isn't positive, at this point.

This proposal has been submitted. Delegates, your approval is appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm
by Kaboomlandia
Nemeth wrote:
The Stalker wrote:Against. The nation cease to exist forever ago for one, and whether you love or hate Unibot, he has more than earned his place in the NS History books. He's been playing NS a long time and done a ton, probably one of the most well known players in NS to date.

What he's well known for largely isn't positive, at this point.

This proposal has been submitted. Delegates, your approval is appreciated!

After a day and a half of debate?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:53 pm
by The Other Otter
Kaboomlandia wrote:
Nemeth wrote:This proposal has been submitted. Delegates, your approval is appreciated!

After a day and a half of debate?

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:15 pm
by Jean Pierre Trudeau
Kaboomlandia wrote:
Nemeth wrote:What he's well known for largely isn't positive, at this point.

This proposal has been submitted. Delegates, your approval is appreciated!

After a day and a half of debate?


Cormac knows what he is doing. He has done this a few times.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:35 pm
by CreepyCut
I'm awaiting the response of my superiors before making a decision. Please hold.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:07 pm
by Gradea
Archmont is not approving this proposal. I have given orders to our Chancellor to vote aganist it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:18 pm
by RiderSyl
Gradea wrote:Archmont is not approving this proposal. I have given orders to our Chancellor to vote aganist it.


Why?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:22 pm
by Jean Pierre Trudeau
Ridersyl wrote:
Gradea wrote:Archmont is not approving this proposal. I have given orders to our Chancellor to vote aganist it.


Why?


It's Gradea. Does there need to be anymore reason than that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:28 am
by Kemintiri of Kemet
Jean Pierre Trudeau wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
Why?


It's Gradea. Does there need to be anymore reason than that?

:rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:16 am
by Cresenthia
Against, using the moral reason that it one should leave CTE'd nations as they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:24 am
by Jakker
Cresenthia wrote:Against, using the moral reason that it one should leave CTE'd nations as they are.


Unibot II is not a CTE nation, but a DEAT nation. I don't think nations who were deleted by the mods for breaking the rules fall under the same category as CTE nations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 am
by Bhang Bhang Duc
There's a definite mood of "For" on TWP's RMB. I wonder why.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 pm
by North East Somerset
Long overdue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm
by Consular
Unibot voted against I see. :blush:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:16 pm
by Nemeth
Consular wrote:Unibot voted against I see. :blush:

He's the only Delegate with more than 50 endorsements voting against. Maybe this will be a wake-up call, but I doubt it.