NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Commend Unibot II"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:33 pm

We believe sleeping dogs and dead nations should not be disturbed. We oppose all forms of Necromancy,
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm abstaining my vote, because Commendations and Condemnations serve no real purpose.
That being said, there's no valid argument against repealing this.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Are we really taking away Uni's badge?
[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:42 am

Kanaia wrote:Are we really taking away Uni's badge?

One of them, Yes. Educate yourself on the reasons why he's losing the badge(s), and you might find yourself rooting for the cause.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:29 am

I'm well aware of the reasons. I believe I voted against the resolution in the first place, something I was here for and you were not. Let's not pretend that this is anything other than a personal vendetta by one player against another, or perhaps several players against another.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 am

Kanaia wrote:I'm well aware of the reasons. I believe I voted against the resolution in the first place, something I was here for and you were not. Let's not pretend that this is anything other than a personal vendetta by one player against another, or perhaps several players against another.

I'd say multiple regions and organizations at this point. Lets not play holier-than-thou here. We all know why this is happening. Finally, people who dislike Unibot have outnumbered those who do. Speaking of which, when is Aersoldorf going to cast his vote? :p
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Kanaia wrote:I'm well aware of the reasons. I believe I voted against the resolution in the first place, something I was here for and you were not.

R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Nemeth
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nemeth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Kanaia wrote:I'm well aware of the reasons. I believe I voted against the resolution in the first place, something I was here for and you were not. Let's not pretend that this is anything other than a personal vendetta by one player against another, or perhaps several players against another.

Was it a personal vendetta when you voted against the resolution in the first place? I'm trying to determine why this is definitely a personal vendetta, in your view, now, but voting against it when it was first proposed wasn't a personal vendetta.

For the record, there is no personal vendetta involved here. Many of the things for which Unibot was commended a) weren't accurate in the first place, or b) have been rendered non-commendable due to events that have transpired since then (e.g., his abandonment of Eastern Islands of Dharma). Most importantly, Unibot II existed at the time of commendation and doesn't exist anymore, because it was deleted for site rules violations. Those who so egregiously violate site rules that their main nations get deleted not only once, but twice, shouldn't remain commended. You can call that a personal vendetta if you want, but I would call it common sense.
Cormac Pendrake

Audacter et Strenue

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Cormac Pendrake

Wait... is this the Cormac? You confuse me like no other... :p
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Nemeth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Nemeth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Cormac Pendrake

I don't think anyone else uses the name Cormac. :P
Cormac Pendrake

Audacter et Strenue

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Nemeth wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:

I don't think anyone else uses the name Cormac. :P

I didn't get the memo about you going back to invaderdom. Just had to be sure.

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Nemeth wrote:

Was it a personal vendetta when you voted against the resolution in the first place? I'm trying to determine why this is definitely a personal vendetta, in your view, now, but voting against it when it was first proposed wasn't a personal vendetta.

For the record, there is no personal vendetta involved here. Many of the things for which Unibot was commended a) weren't accurate in the first place, or b) have been rendered non-commendable due to events that have transpired since then (e.g., his abandonment of Eastern Islands of Dharma). Most importantly, Unibot II existed at the time of commendation and doesn't exist anymore, because it was deleted for site rules violations. Those who so egregiously violate site rules that their main nations get deleted not only once, but twice, shouldn't remain commended. You can call that a personal vendetta if you want, but I would call it common sense.

1. Voting against a resolution =/= drafting and putting a repeal forward with little or no community input. Additionally, I lack an extensive personal history with Uni, you do not.

2. A) All resolutions have some measure of inaccuracy. This one was picked purposefully by you, not due to its content, but due to its commended. B) That things change does not mean that they did not matter. Lot's of effort went into Dharma, it's not as if he purposefully destroyed it. 3) Except, that we do commend those who were deleted for site rules violations; See Unibot II commendation after DEAT of Unibot. :roll:
Last edited by Kanaia on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nemeth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Nemeth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Kanaia wrote:1. Voting against a resolution =/= drafting and putting a repeal forward with little or no community input. Additionally, I lack an extensive personal history with Uni, you do not.

2. A) All resolutions have some measure of inaccuracy. This one was picked purposefully by you, not due to its content, but due to its commended. B) That things change does not mean that they did not matter. Lot's of effort went into Dharma, it's not as if he purposefully destroyed it. 3) Except, that we do commend those who were deleted for site rules violations; See Unibot II commendation after DEAT of Unibot. :roll:

So basically, anyone with firsthand experience of why Unibot shouldn't remain commended -- which is to say, those most likely to repeal the commendation -- shouldn't repeal it because they would allegedly be doing so motivated by a "personal vendetta"?
Cormac Pendrake

Audacter et Strenue

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 am

Kanaia wrote:
3) Except, that we do commend those who were deleted for site rules violations; See Unibot II commendation after DEAT of Unibot. :roll:

Well, there you go. A nation removed from the game for rules violations is promptly commended (as it's new and similarly named moniker) by it's friends...we wonder if Sepp Blatter was running the WASC at the time.

Regardless of merit for being field-stripped of his gold-star, which we found intensely hypocritical in the first instance, we'd prefer that this stood. We hold that C&Cs need to be hard to get, proposed based on strict and high standards, and therefore equally hard to repeal. They need to be like the VC or CMoH, not the Order of the Bath and come with a velcro backing for easy removal. The WASC needs to be held to account for giving badges to undeserving nations regardless of rationale — personal, political or otherwise. You gotta live with your mistakes.
Last edited by Naginii on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Repeal "Commend Unibot II" was passed 10,582 (86%) votes to 1,730 (14%).
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives