NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Luke the Drifter
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"

Postby Luke the Drifter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:33 pm

The Security Council,

Recognizing The Mountains to The East as a peaceful non-hostile community,

Angered The Mountains to The East was invaded by an aggressive multiregional force which assumed the delegacy, and placed a secret password in place, whilst simultaneously beginning to suppress native dissidence,

Shocked that the nation of Sadko, was able to hold the delegacy for over two months, and was able to accumulate sufficient influence to completely empty the region of nations,

Commending the efforts by Spiritus, The United Defenders League and others in liberating the region from The Black Riders, this returning some semblance of normalcy to the region so ravaged by invading forces,

Noting the regional natives desire to secure the region under their own control,

Aware that Security Council Resolution #164, "Liberate the Mountains to the East." while removing the secret password put in place by Sadko, also restricts the natives ability to secure the region under their own control,

Believing Security Council Resolution #164, "Liberate the Mountains to the East." has served it's ultimate goal of allowing the natives to return to their homeland,

Hereby repeals Security Council Resolution #164, "Liberate the Mountains to the East."
Last edited by Crazy girl on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: fixing title to include full name of proposal

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Sigh... you just HAD to stab me in the back.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Luke the Drifter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Luke the Drifter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Redsward wrote:Sigh... you just HAD to stab me in the back.

I'm sorry? And you are?

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:05 pm

I was waiting for Sadko to be banjected before I submitted mine, but your draft will likely reach quorum and my draft will become completely pointless...
Security Council Debater

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:As much as I hate to agree with Evil Wolf, he does bring up a legitimate point. This ceased being a defense, and turned into an occupation, when the forces in the region refused to turn the delegacy back over to the natives present.
When the natives are firmly in control, and wish to actually (and have the ability) to password protect the region, then I will support this. Until then no dice...

:roll:
Last edited by New Brussels on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:03 pm

New Brussels wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:As much as I hate to agree with Evil Wolf, he does bring up a legitimate point. This ceased being a defense, and turned into an occupation, when the forces in the region refused to turn the delegacy back over to the natives present.
When the natives are firmly in control, and wish to actually (and have the ability) to password protect the region, then I will support this. Until then no dice...

:roll:

Your point being?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Chester and Luke are the same person. I can't believe you backstabbed me like this.
Security Council Debater

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Redsward wrote:Chester and Luke are the same person. I can't believe you backstabbed me like this.

Do you have evidence to support that?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:54 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Redsward wrote:Chester and Luke are the same person. I can't believe you backstabbed me like this.

Do you have evidence to support that?

He is throwing shit against the wall, hoping it will stick. Did I give permission for my clauses to be used? I sure did.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Brussels TG'ed me. He said the two are on in the same. Evidence coming soon.
Security Council Debater

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Redsward wrote:Brussels TG'ed me. He said the two are on in the same. Evidence coming soon.

Funny, considering I never talk to Brussels. Either way, make your case....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Redsward wrote:Brussels TG'ed me. He said the two are on in the same. Evidence coming soon.

I did file a GHR, and all I did was tell Red about what the mods said...

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:13 pm

New Brussels wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Oh? And what did the mods say? This is the second time I have been accused of being someone else....
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

New Brussels wrote:I did file a GHR, and all I did was tell Red about what the mods said...

In my experience, the mods rarely reveal the identity of a puppet unless the situation is severe enough to warrant it.
Just some weeb.

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 pm

21 hours ago: Chester Pearson was admitted to the World Assembly.
21 hours ago: Chester Pearson applied to join the World Assembly.
1 day 1 hour ago: Chester Pearson resigned from the World Assembly.

1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter resigned from the World Assembly.
1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter submitted a proposal to the Security Council Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter was admitted to the World Assembly.
1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter applied to join the World Assembly.

No disrespect for Chester intended, but if the puppet is indeed his, then his action is low. Extremely low. I mean, you did know Red has had his proposal for some time, and given the recent "middle school squabbling" you two had, it was a way to cut him down without getting in trouble with the mods. He was holding his draft off partly because of you too :p
Chester Pearson wrote:When the natives are firmly in control, and wish to actually (and have the ability) to password protect the region, then I will support this. Until then no dice...

If you choose to deny that the puppet is yours, fine by me.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 am

New Brussels wrote:
21 hours ago: Chester Pearson was admitted to the World Assembly.
21 hours ago: Chester Pearson applied to join the World Assembly.
1 day 1 hour ago: Chester Pearson resigned from the World Assembly.

1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter resigned from the World Assembly.
1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter submitted a proposal to the Security Council Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter was admitted to the World Assembly.
1 day 1 hour ago: Luke the Drifter applied to join the World Assembly.

No disrespect for Chester intended, but if the puppet is indeed his, then his action is low. Extremely low. I mean, you did know Red has had his proposal for some time, and given the recent "middle school squabbling" you two had, it was a way to cut him down without getting in trouble with the mods. He was holding his draft off partly because of you too :p
Chester Pearson wrote:When the natives are firmly in control, and wish to actually (and have the ability) to password protect the region, then I will support this. Until then no dice...

If you choose to deny that the puppet is yours, fine by me.

What did the mods say?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Here's the image for clarification.

Last edited by Redsward on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Security Council Debater

Luke the Drifter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Luke the Drifter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Redsward wrote:Here's the image for clarification.

So Brussels is a mod now and would have access to that information?

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:09 pm

New Brussels wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

^
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:55 am

As fascinating as all this Security Council drama isn't, I have a question regarding the actual repeal rather than who's authoring it in an attempt to destroy whose Security Council career:

Does this have any native support? The proposal by Redsward claims it does, but neither native listed in that proposal has commented in the Security Council that they support the proposal nor has any evidence of their support been provided, as far as I can tell. Knowing whether natives actually support this repeal is far more vital than knowing if the author is one of Chester's puppets.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:26 am

In my capacity as WA adviser to the Delegate of The East Pacific: The East Pacific has voted AGAINST this proposal. The Mountains to the East is currently in an immensely fragile position. In the future, another occupying force will, in all likelihood, invade the region. Making their goal that much harder for them is reason enough to keep the Liberation in place.

Refound failures are taken badly. Nazi Europe and Hogwarts are examples. Both regions were eventually successfully refounded, largely because of the mass of the accumulated forces in Nazi Europe and the raiders being able to keep a hold on Hogwarts. Enabling a password so soon after the raiders botched the job is inadvisable.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just some weeb.

Dark Rider Lord
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Rider Lord » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 am

1. The region was not liberate by defenders, it was empty when they came in.

2. It's was not a botched job, the region was empty at update and should have ceased to exist, unfortunately a server glitch prevented that.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:25 am

Dark Rider Lord wrote:1. The region was not liberate by defenders, it was empty when they came in.

2. It's was not a botched job, the region was empty at update and should have ceased to exist, unfortunately a server glitch prevented that.

No, it wasn't liberated by normal means. But it certainly was a failure, server glitch or no, because you no longer have it and an enemy force does. At one point it was an active region. Remnants of that community yet linger. Handing the occupiers another chance to password it even for a few short days? Maybe it has no longer the majority of the former natives, but the region itself doesn't need to be refounded by glorified trophy collectors.* There are different types of refound, but this is one of the cases to oppose utterly.

Show me evidence that natives want this and I will have real reason to change my stance. I'll respect that by taking a less hostile stance with this resolution and encouraging my region to not oppose it. Prove that the natives fully support a Liberation repeal, and I will both reconsider and request that my region also do so, but until then, I will vote against and encourage TEP do the same. The author doesn't appear to have that, and forcing something on natives is the same kind of invasive action as actually invading.

As far as I am concerned, the only people who have the right to refound the region are the natives themselves. The only consideration I would take into account to support this is that the people of the region believe that a repeal is good. If anyone should have a voice here, it is them.

*Apologies to the few TBR raiders I actually like and respect.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Dark Rider Lord
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Rider Lord » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:30 am

Xoriet wrote:
Dark Rider Lord wrote:1. The region was not liberate by defenders, it was empty when they came in.

No, it wasn't liberated by normal means. But it certainly was a failure, server glitch or no, because you no longer have it and an enemy force does. At one point it was an active region. Remnants of that community yet linger. Handing the occupiers another chance to password it even for a few short days? Maybe it has no longer the majority of the former natives, but the region itself doesn't need to be refounded by glorified trophy collectors.* There are different types of refound, but this is one of the cases to oppose utterly.

Show me evidence that natives want this and I will have real reason to change my stance. I'll respect that by taking a less hostile stance with this resolution and encouraging my region to not oppose it. Prove that the natives fully support a Liberation repeal, and I will both reconsider and request that my region also do so, but until then, I will vote against and encourage TEP do the same. The author doesn't appear to have that, and forcing something on natives is the same kind of invasive action as actually invading.

As far as I am concerned, the only people who have the right to refound the region are the natives themselves. The only consideration I would take into account to support this is that the people of the region believe that a repeal is good. If anyone should have a voice here, it is them.

*Apologies to the few TBR raiders I actually like and respect.

It was a failure, but not a botched job, as it was not our failure.

Drewlantis
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Government?

Postby Drewlantis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:49 am

I suppose the question comes down to whether the Mountains to the East has successfully re-established themselves, and is in a situation in which they can protect themselves. So, as I am still unfamiliar to this situation, I must inquire, is the governing body of The Mountains to the East in the hands of the natives? And are they in a position by which they can astutely defend themselves from attacks? If yes then an occupying force is not necessary in the least, for it is no longer a peace-keeping organization, but rather a new invading force masquerading under the title of "liberators." I do condemn anyone who is/has liberated said region, but if the two previously asked questions are answered with a "yes" then the time might have come for this to be repealed.
With Regards,
Fromm Burgenheimer.
Minister of the Department of Diplomacy, Ambassador to the WA, Advisor Second Class to Emperor Imperator Andrew Lake the First.
Personality Type: ENTP, that means watch out ladies and gentlemen, either I'm going to take over the world, or rig a toaster to fly, I don't know yet..
Additional random psychology information: No, I'm not insane, and I have no mental illnesses. I am highly intelligent with some narcissistic tendencies who can be very charming when I want to be, which is sometimes described as psychopathy, but I highly doubt it.. Sometimes.. ;)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives