NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate The Mountains to the East

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elite
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Elite » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Aynempa wrote:The region is not baracaded (locked) so therefore there is no reason for it to be liberated.

As such We have voted against this proposal.

Agreed. At this point it doesn't affect the region and will block any attempts at refounding when the raid ends. If TBR password the region, that would be a good time to submit this.
Knight of TITO
they/them or he/him

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Utymnano wrote:The drafter of this resolution obviously has no idea how The Black Riders do their work. "Active natives"? Doubtful. Who are they and what do they have to say about this resolution? Most of them have most likely already comfortably relocated themselves to a new region. The Black Riders, put simply, are an absolutely unstoppable force.

According to Pladitunisia, Sadko was a sleeper puppet in The Mountains to the East for around three or four weeks prior to the invasion, revealing that the operation was planned and coordinated quite some time before now.

Elite wrote:
Aynempa wrote:The region is not baracaded (locked) so therefore there is no reason for it to be liberated.

As such We have voted against this proposal.

Agreed. At this point it doesn't affect the region and will block any attempts at refounding when the raid ends. If TBR password the region, that would be a good time to submit this.

A liberation proposal doesn't always remove the password to a region. It prevents the invader delegate from instating a password once enough influence has been gained. (Not to mention ejecting the more influential natives)
As said accordingly:
New Brussels wrote:
Aware that it is only a matter of time before the raiding delegate gains enough influence to exercise uncontrolled power over the region;

Once the password has been established however, I suppose that'll be time to draft up a liberation proposal then?
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Avron Wolves
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Avron Wolves » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:34 am

There are about three active natives, if that. This was a waste of a proposal.

Pocket Monster Island
Civilian

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pocket Monster Island » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Hey everyone. I'm actually one of those inactive natives from the Mountains. So inactive, I let my nation die for quite a while, actually. Anyway, after talking to several of the admittedly few active natives, I think this is what's going on. The region is localized, and all of the natives know each other personally. It's a way to connect, opened to us by our late founder. The page on liberations mentions preemptive, or preventative liberations. I think this proposal is kind of between that and the usual liberating from already passworded regions. The natives intend to use the liberation to hopefully regain control of their home-grown region so they can resume using it for it's intended purpose. Connecting friends and creating community. Some of them mentioned a movement to increase activity, both in the region and on the world stage. If they no longer have their region, how can they do this?

Theodesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodesia » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:46 am

The Stalker wrote:I'd support this, maybe a little soon, but probably better to act sooner rather than later.

Overall looks pretty good, I would suggest removing The Black Riders from the resolution, I thought that was clever when Cormac did it.

Understanding that during a shift in WA delegacy, a large force of raiders from The Black Riders invaded the region with malicious intent to destroy it;

And then remove this part entirely;

Further noting that The Black Riders is a previously condemned region, notorious for raiding thousands of defenseless regions;

Could also remove the invader delegate's name.

No point mentioning them in yet another resolution and giving them more publicity. The resolution can easily be passed without it.

Why should we reomve the Black Riders from this? They have raided many regions, and the fact that they have done the same here will help it get moved along in the WA. It will also gain support from victims of the Black Rider, and those who sympathize with the victims of the Black Riders.

Previous

Return to WA Archives