NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate The Mountains to the East

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Liberate The Mountains to the East

Postby New Brussels » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:39 pm

The Security Council,

Recognizing that The Mountains to the East is a large region with many active natives;

Understanding that during a shift in WA delegacy, a large force of raiders from The Black Riders invaded the region with malicious intent to destroy it;

Noting that the invasion was a result of deceit and treachery, stemming from a sleeper puppet within the region;

Further noting that The Black Riders is a previously condemned region, notorious for raiding thousands of defenseless regions;

Realizing that the invasion has turned into a long-term occupation;

Shocked that the occupying force has threatened to suppress any dissent with ejection;

Aware that it is only a matter of time before the raiding delegate gains enough influence to exercise uncontrolled power over the region;

Arguing that the natives of The Mountains to the East have the right to regain control of their region;

Hereby liberates The Mountains to the East.

Co-authored by: Pladitunisia.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:13 pm

I'd support this, maybe a little soon, but probably better to act sooner rather than later.

Overall looks pretty good, I would suggest removing The Black Riders from the resolution, I thought that was clever when Cormac did it.

Understanding that during a shift in WA delegacy, a large force of raiders from The Black Riders invaded the region with malicious intent to destroy it;

And then remove this part entirely;

Further noting that The Black Riders is a previously condemned region, notorious for raiding thousands of defenseless regions;

Could also remove the invader delegate's name.

No point mentioning them in yet another resolution and giving them more publicity. The resolution can easily be passed without it.
Last edited by The Stalker on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Christmas has lost its appeal?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:54 pm

The Stalker wrote:I'd support this, maybe a little soon, but probably better to act sooner rather than later.

Overall looks pretty good, I would suggest removing The Black Riders from the resolution, I thought that was clever when Cormac did it.

And then remove this part entirely;

Could also remove the invader delegate's name.

No point mentioning them in yet another resolution and giving them more publicity. The resolution can easily be passed without it.

Thanks for the advice and input. I'll be sure to look at revising my draft soon.

Chester Pearson wrote:Christmas has lost its appeal?

This is for the greater good. Surely, being the renowned humanitarian that you are, you can't find a reason to oppose the liberation?

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm

When The Black Riders raid thousands of regions and we all hear more or less continuous crying about that and certain people try suppress directly or indirectly that crying because it gives undeserved infamy to The Black Riders, because so called tag raids are not raids at all by their interpretations, it is little weird that then that same people tend use that same argumentation for what would be good form of WA-SC drafts related to the actions of The Black Riders when we actually launch and accomplish successful invasion meant to be more than just another The Black Riders tag. Of Course it is natural for that people assume that Liberation thread itself doesn't serve those same purposes of The Black Riders which are so eagerly instructed and recommended to be deleted from the draft proposals itself.

The Flower of Hypocrisy is so beautiful in these matters that it causes serious laughs. These people drafting here really think that there are still people around who are not anyhow familiar with The Black Riders activities. :lol:

No WA-SC draft made in these halls can ever nullify hundreds of tags and tens of occupations organized and contributed by The Black Riders. HUZZAH!
Last edited by Cora II on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:01 pm

Submitted with the permission of Pladitunisia.

Avron Wolves
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Avron Wolves » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:10 pm

The Black Riders thanks you for investing even more time and effort into attempting to stop us from domination, because more publicity is never a bad thing.

But like Cora said...

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 am

New Brussels wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Christmas has lost its appeal?

This is for the greater good. Surely, being the renowned humanitarian that you are, you can't find a reason to oppose the liberation?

Nope. I see no reason to oppose, and have approved it. I was simply noting the fact that you are for once not spamming a pointless proposal. There maybe hope for you yet....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Goldenson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

[AT VOTE] Liberate SC# 145 Liberate The Mountains to the Eas

Postby Goldenson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 am

Description: The Security Council,

Recognizing that The Mountains to the East is a large region with many active natives;

Noting that the invasion was a result of deceit and treachery, stemming from a sleeper puppet within the region;

Realizing that the invasion has turned into a long-term occupation;

Shocked that the occupying force has threatened to suppress any dissent with ejection;

Aware that it is only a matter of time before the raiding delegate gains enough influence to exercise uncontrolled power over the region;

Arguing that the natives of The Mountains to the East have the right to regain control of their region;

Hereby liberates The Mountains to the East.

Co-authored by: The Oppressed Peoples of Pladitunisia.

I believe these Black Riders should receive punishment! Support, support!

OOC: No one else has made the debate thread so I am making it.
Last edited by Goldenson on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Goldenson
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldenson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Goldenson wrote:OOC: No one else has made the debate thread so I am making it.

Look harder next time. Merged.

Look harder for something that did not exist? I was the first to make an "At Vote" thread. There was nothing to "Look harder" for. This was a submitted article, you must be mistaken.
Last edited by Goldenson on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Goldenson wrote: I was the first to make an "At Vote" thread.

The OP or mods convert EVERY [submitted] or [draft] thread to an [AT VOTE] thread by simply editing the topic. Please don't do that again.

Goldenson
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldenson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Goldenson wrote: I was the first to make an "At Vote" thread.

The OP or mods convert EVERY [submitted] or [draft] thread to an [AT VOTE] thread by simply editing the topic. Please don't do that again.

Oh, I didn't know that. I supposed players always make the [AT VOTE] because you see the author is a normal player, not an OP or Mod.

Aynempa
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aynempa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:28 pm

The region is not baracaded (locked) so therefore there is no reason for it to be liberated.

As such We have voted against this proposal.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:32 pm

You mention that there is an active native community, but who are they and do they support this?
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:40 pm

A tiny, inactive, and insignificant region whose invader Delegate will have to wait a few weeks to place a password on the region?

Against.
Just some weeb.

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:You mention that there is an active native community, but who are they and do they support this?

Pladitunisia is a native of the region and helped co-author this proposal.

Ramaeus wrote:A tiny, inactive, and insignificant region whose invader Delegate will have to wait a few weeks to place a password on the region?

Against.

A tiny, inactive, and insignificant region whose invader delegate will have to wait a few weeks to place a password on the region? :blink:
Ram, say we went by your word that it would take "a few weeks" for a password to be set.. will you be the one to draft a liberation?
Also, I don't believe that the words "tiny", "inactive", and "insignificant" are the typical characteristics attributed to this region.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 pm

New Brussels wrote:A tiny, inactive, and insignificant region whose invader delegate will have to wait a few weeks to place a password on the region? :blink:
Ram, say we went by your word that it would take "a few weeks" for a password to be set.. will you be the one to draft a liberation?
Also, I don't believe that the words "tiny", "inactive", and "insignificant" are the typical characteristics attributed to this region.

This says otherwise.

Secondly, why would I? Besides being raided by TBR, how is the region in question significant?
Just some weeb.

Morndul
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Morndul » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
New Brussels wrote:A tiny, inactive, and insignificant region whose invader delegate will have to wait a few weeks to place a password on the region? :blink:

This says otherwise.

Secondly, why would I? Besides being raided by TBR, how is the region in question significant?

Twenty people is insignificant to you?
. ♔ Chair of The Inkwell Lobby ♔ .
. ➷ Merryman of the United Defenders League ➷ .

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Morndul wrote:Twenty people is insignificant to you?

That doesn't answer the question: how is this region significant? How has it affected the world?
Just some weeb.

Morndul
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Morndul » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Morndul wrote:Twenty people is insignificant to you?

That doesn't answer the question: how is this region significant? How has it affected the world?

No, but you've answered mine. You gauge a region's worthiness of defense by it's impact on the larger community. This isn't important because it's TBR, it's important because the occupation is nearly 50 strong. The only issue I see here is the lack of password.
. ♔ Chair of The Inkwell Lobby ♔ .
. ➷ Merryman of the United Defenders League ➷ .

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Morndul wrote:No, but you've answered mine. You gauge a region's worthiness of defense by it's impact on the larger community. This isn't important because it's TBR, it's important because the occupation is nearly 50 strong. The only issue I see here is the lack of password.

I'm speaking of Liberation proposals, which is something that the entirety of the World Assembly votes on for roughly 3 days. I want the proposals which make it to vote to be quality proposals with excellent targets. This, unfortunately, doesn't fulfill either standard. Secondly, TBR's occupations are routinely that large when the occupation is in its infancy, as demonstrated by the number of pilers currently endorsing the invader Delegate. Thirdly, Liberation Proposals are not defenses. A Liberation proposal only removes a password on the region and/or ensures that a password cannot be placed on that region. An adequate defense or liberation (the liberation I speak of in this context is the actual act of freeing a region from occupation, not the proposal variant) will either lift that occupation or ensure that it is never occupied to begin with. If you knew me at all then you would know that I do not care what or whom defenders liberate or defend. But my views on R/D are irrelevant to this discussion and do not hold any relevance to my opposition of this Liberation.
Just some weeb.

Utymnano
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Utymnano » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:59 am

The drafter of this resolution obviously has no idea how The Black Riders do their work. "Active natives"? Doubtful. Who are they and what do they have to say about this resolution? Most of them have most likely already comfortably relocated themselves to a new region. The Black Riders, put simply, are an absolutely unstoppable force.

Areluind
Civilian

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Areluind » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:47 am

I was one of these natives from Mountains to the east before I got kicked out by TBR. I know that several days after they invaded, many in the region were extremely stressed about potentially getting kicked out. Now, not everybody has been totally mature about this, but they do have extreme passion. Also, to clarify, we had a password however, a member of TBR was told it by one of our members. He joined and then let everybody in. I have left and I do not intend to come back, but there's no real reason for that. I do check the message boards of the Mountains often though. The people have, for the most part, not fought as much or been as immature as initially. I implore people to make the most educated vote. I do not intend this to sound bias (although it probably does).
Happy Voting!

Acutulus Exercitum
Civilian

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

My view

Postby Acutulus Exercitum » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 am

As much as I feel that the mountain region is "playing the game" It is also true that if this has went into the WA survey, then some major controversy is going on, i think we should be nice

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives