NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn General Halcones

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:13 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:
Nephmir wrote:
Further Acknowledging that General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions, executing innocent World Assembly Delegates and forcibly removing natives from their homes,

How do you execute a Nation?

Noted.

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:25 am

@Chester P. and Ramaeus and experienced Defender Affiliated WA-SC author veterans:

Regardless living on the other side of the fence, I still ask friendly is it possible you personally would take an assignment for writing Good Condemnation proposal for General Halcones? Process could take its time, requiring also Repeal Draft for this Submitted proposal reached already in quorum. I can help with gathering necessary sources and answering questions that does not comproment any confidential matters related to The Black Riders' Core Activity.

You all should consider it as a Honor. Making of important proposals should not be left on the hands of novices, careerists and generally to people who has no capacity write decent high profile Drafts. It's now about condemning the man, whom has certainly earned his condemnation as a token for his tireless and never ending task for development of the Raiderdom as a whole.

Could we at least once reject petty politicing in WA SC and just push through this one together. As long as General Halcones is not Condemned, nobody else can be really considered Condemnworthy. That is My Point here.

- Cora The Secretary -
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

South Pacific Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Republic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:16 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Nephmir wrote:In the same way a nation can be a delegate, or a member of an organization like the World Assembly.

Can we stop pestering the mods for once?

Stop submitting illegal proposals then....

Dude, the mod just said that this proposal is not illegal.

Yerklovakia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yerklovakia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:09 am

Nephmir wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Stop submitting illegal proposals then....

I... I'm not even going to bother.

In fact, from this moment on, I am done posting in these forums.

Just ignore Chester - from everything I've seen on Nationstates, which isn't that much, he seems like a special breed of troll.
Maybe a half-troll half-minimod, if the term minimod is used here?
Because, from what I've seen on other forums, he's acting almost exactly like a mix of the two; I'm not saying they're the same or close enough to be considered the same, but that's exactly what I'm saying, actually.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:09 am

Note on conventional meaning of 'Execute' in the terminology of The Black Riders.

Everytime elected World Assembly Delegate of a region targeted by raiders is seized we use term "Executed WAD", thus term refers only to ending some WAD's reign with force and with intention by raiding the region with the elected delegate.

When term 'WA-kill' is used it refers to a situation where any WA member nation is ejected and banned from the region (Sending such nation to The Rejected Realms and preventing its movement back to the region). Note, WA Delegates can be 'WA-killed" as they are WA member nations, but also that WA member founders can be 'killed' alike. Founders can be also WADs and thus we can use term 'Founder-WAD-Kill' when successfully 'Executing' WA delegate which is also the founder of same region and banjected out of own founded region.

Synonymous terms meaning "Execution of WAD" are also 'Dethroned', 'Scalped', 'Decapitated' etc...

This terminology refers only to nation's status in game when being under threat of direct attack by raiders seizing Delegate and/or using delegate powers for banjecting nations out of regions. Nobody can attack against nation itself in this game by using basic game mechanics, even less against the player behind such nation.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:28 am

I see this has been yanked. Was is Neph, or a mod?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:01 am

Yerklovakia wrote:Just ignore Chester - from everything I've seen on Nationstates, which isn't that much, he seems like a special breed of troll.
Maybe a half-troll half-minimod, if the term minimod is used here?
Because, from what I've seen on other forums, he's acting almost exactly like a mix of the two; I'm not saying they're the same or close enough to be considered the same, but that's exactly what I'm saying, actually.

*** Warned for trollnaming and flamebaiting ***

Chester Pearson wrote:I see this has been yanked. Was is Neph, or a mod?

It was removed for this illegality.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:20 am

And changed to from "executing" to "attacking".
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Hulkpool
Civil Servant

Founded: May 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hulkpool » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Volanowsh wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:
Successful? I wouldn't exactly call raiding a bunch of one and two nation regions and tagging their WFE's successful....

Now the Hawks on the other hand are successful.

Wait... did someone forget to tell this guy, or is he playing ignorant?

Hmmm, I wonder who first founded TBH...

That would be Halcones of course :P
HYDRA
The Original Hydra, unrelated & unaffiliated with the subversive organizations Hydra Command and H Y D R A

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:41 pm

The illegality has been removed and the proposal resubmitted.

Nephmir wrote:Greetings.

I have submitted this proposal and edited the OP accordingly. [...]

I have bumped this thread before anyone creates a new one. Feel free to debate the proposal. I won't be posting here, so if you have any concerns beyond that of questioning or insulting my mental state or "lol k", feel free to telegram me directly.

Nephmir
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Ah! It's 'Let's condemn Halcones'-time again. Proposal is not best possible ever, but enough good and factually correct for the never ending needs of WA for piling papers, so let's baby sit and crush this one through the process together!

Halc is certainly deserved his Badge of Honor being #1 to be Condemned by his actions in this game. Beside, the Molok of Security Council always demand new papers put to it's throat and as this proposal leaves a lot room for further improvements will be that need also assured in the future.

Note: Biggest factual error in the Proposal seems being estimate of how big percentage of TBR raids has been led by General Halcones himself as it is near 20%, maybe maximum 30% of all raids, not "More than half of these regions". Further Noting, that if General Halcones is online it is automatic he also lead TBR raiding activities and that his overall input to the raiding activity in NS cannot be reasonably evaluated by looking only to his published update activity.

"Cut them down!"

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Has Halc said he is okay being nominated by Neph?
AKA Weed

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Topid wrote:Has Halc said he is okay being nominated by Neph?

For a commend it's decorum to ask. For a condemn not so.

That said, I do find it most amusing that Nephmir, leader of TEK, the "glorious" raiders of NS, is slamming Halc for the same. Pot, meet kettle.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:37 pm

That's why I didn't think this was a slambut rather recognizing a good tagger.
AKA Weed

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 pm

Topid wrote:That's why I didn't think this was a slambut rather recognizing a good tagger.

A good tagger? :blink:
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Topid wrote:That's why I didn't think this was a slambut rather recognizing a good tagger.

Uhh, yeah, Halc was a good tagger. Is that doubted? :blink:
AKA Weed

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:45 am

Topid wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Uhh, yeah, Halc was a good tagger. Is that doubted? :blink:

I am confused as to how tagger, and good can be used in the same sentence..... :blink:
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:48 am

Ah, I see. Good in the sense of being good at something. Halc was good at tagging. :P
AKA Weed

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Since this proposal hasn't curled up and died yet, is there somewhere you can submit requests for rules, so that we can require citations for claims, and make it a rule that for condemnations one must put more than a half-assed effort into researching a nation?
Regardless of allegiance, this proposal mentions literally nothing about the condemned nation's history with The Black Hawks, and despite it not being a requirement for condemnations, it has always bothered me that condemnations can be submitted with whatever claims the author likes, without needing to provide any proof.

For god's sake, Jakker's Condemnation, and Gest's condemnation both have more body to them than this, and as for Gest's, its outdated.
Last edited by Aurum Rider on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Aurum Rider wrote:-snip-

Bad resolutions occasionally have a habit of being repealed. :P
Just some weeb.

Dark Rider Lord
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Rider Lord » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Is this resolution a test to see if common folks vote can overwhelm the GCR tyrants?

The Confederacy of Nationalism
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Confederacy of Nationalism » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

what are raiders, and what are the black riders, exactly?
Keep right -->
Don't give in to degeneracy,

My honor, my dignity, my pride above my life. No regrets.
American Ultranationalist
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire / "If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it!" - Adolf Hitler
Resident Social Darwinist

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Sadly,this is the best the SC can come up with
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Strong meh over here. While Halc is a decent target for a condemn, this isn't particularly well-written.

I've voted against, as per Camelot's forum poll.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

DesignerDNA
Civilian

Founded: Jan 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

I believe this sums up some aspects.

Postby DesignerDNA » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Considering that most the arguments against are nonsequitors or merely technical, and none of the arguers have submitted a better one that i have noticed.

Also considering most arguments for are also nonsequitors, i reverted to argument for me..to the most basic part of this, which someone else provided earlier.

And also seeing the argument that condemns embolden as specious regardless of the appearance of it being true. (Were it true, even the in shortterm, it is also an argument that it does not hurt them so it can hardly be accused of being heavy handed or "Wrong" due of its severity on a minimal platform which was aptly addressed as not doing anything? hm)

I consider voting FOR to at least be affirmation of the spirit and intent of the existence of SC based on the minimal aspects actually in it, and there is no reason to not vote FOR that is not emboldening raiders or trolls in itself.

However, i do note, I only have this as limited to a mere minor condemnation until the SC bothers to get sharper teeth AND better and more proposals. Which i recommend you as a whole or in part, affect without arguing about its technical merits itself until you have a framework to work from. It could be argued that any resistance to that, is emboldening the wrong parties in itself.

Thank you for your time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives