NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn General Halcones

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yerklovakia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yerklovakia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:24 am

It is a tad suspicious that someone who joined yesterday is defending something that someone who joined yesterday shouldn't even know about, much less care about or know how to find.
I'm going with puppet on this one.

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:35 am

Nephmir wrote:
Aurum Rider wrote:It's a load of "General Halcones, The Black Riders, General Halcones, The Black Riders." disregarding the fact that he was in other raider groups. It also ignores any individual achievements that he has, in favor of pandering to the people that start up the "Fight the black riders" threads on the gameplay forum.

TL;DR Fix the condemnation, we've seen enough of your propaganda already.

My apologies if your overlord is not satisfied, but that does not affect me in the slightest. Halcones wants a Condemnation; I never said I'd give him a detailed one to recognize all of his deeds or actions. This is a compromise, of sorts. The facts are all correct, you're just not satisfied with the content and wording.

And I am not drafting this for Halcones' benefit, so I couldn't care less.
Bad lie is bad. And even if you didn't care, it is your duty to create a proposal with actual detailed reasons for said action. You wrote up a few sentences of "hurt duur TBR evil" and called it a proposal, and even went as far as to not provide any sources when asked. You are truly living up to your reputation, neph.
Last edited by Great Kleomentia on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hue

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 am

Yerklovakia wrote:It is a tad suspicious that someone who joined yesterday is defending something that someone who joined yesterday shouldn't even know about, much less care about or know how to find.
I'm going with puppet on this one.

Captain obvious strikes again.
hue

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 am

Great Kleomentia wrote:
Nephmir wrote:My apologies if your overlord is not satisfied, but that does not affect me in the slightest. Halcones wants a Condemnation; I never said I'd give him a detailed one to recognize all of his deeds or actions. This is a compromise, of sorts. The facts are all correct, you're just not satisfied with the content and wording.

And I am not drafting this for Halcones' benefit, so I couldn't care less.
Bad lie is bad. And even if you didn't care, it is your duty to create a proposal with actual detailed reasons for said action. You wrote up a few sentences of "hurt duur TBR evil" and called it a proposal, and even went as far as to not provide any sources when asked. You are truly living up to your reputation, neph.

Are you even paying attention?

I provided sources. I just didn't link to them because I didn't feel like spending the next 4 hours linking to every report.

Someone from TBR even just confirmed it... someone who's job it is to keep track of these things. The "no sources" horse is dead, so stop.

My reputation is already poor among the GP community, and I don't need reminded of it in every thread I visit. If I gave a damn about it anymore I wouldn't be doing this, would I? I don't care about my reputation at this point, I have more I important things to worry about, namely not that of a pretend reputation in a game.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 am

@Nephmir:

I am personally concerned here only that Halc's Condemnation is enough good, objective and detailed. Almost what ever would go through for vast masses. Your motives for ranting these drafts is not pure or sincere, but I do not care about that, as long as what is said on the Proposal is not erroneous and false to the degrees it would make unjust for The Father of Raiding of NationStates.

It's only good you didn't include Halc's merits in TBH (and other raiding organisations) to this proposal as it makes possible and easier to do next and hopefully better Condemnation Draft for Him.
Last edited by Cora II on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:06 am

Nephmir wrote:
Great Kleomentia wrote:Bad lie is bad. And even if you didn't care, it is your duty to create a proposal with actual detailed reasons for said action. You wrote up a few sentences of "hurt duur TBR evil" and called it a proposal, and even went as far as to not provide any sources when asked. You are truly living up to your reputation, neph.

Are you even paying attention?

I provided sources. I just didn't link to them because I didn't feel like spending the next 4 hours linking to every report.

Someone from TBR even just confirmed it... someone who's job it is to keep track of these things. The "no sources" horse is dead, so stop.

My reputation is already poor among the GP community, and I don't need reminded of it in every thread I visit. If I gave a damn about it anymore I wouldn't be doing this, would I? I don't care about my reputation at this point, I have more I important things to worry about, namely not that of a pretend reputation in a game.

No, you haven't given any direct sources. You don't have to spend the next four hours searching through threads to get a few links, it would take around fifteen minutes. And you have yet to announce why you are going through all the trouble of proposing several raiders to be condemned. So for now i'm going to go with attention seeking.
hue

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:08 am

Great Kleomentia wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Are you even paying attention?

No, you haven't given any direct sources. You don't have to spend the next four hours searching through threads to get a few links, it would take around fifteen minutes. And you have yet to announce why you are going through all the trouble of proposing several raiders to be condemned. So for now i'm going to go with attention seeking.

One = Several.

I see.

Yeah, I'm done here. I'm not staying here to get trolled.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 am

Nephmir wrote:
Great Kleomentia wrote:No, you haven't given any direct sources. You don't have to spend the next four hours searching through threads to get a few links, it would take around fifteen minutes. And you have yet to announce why you are going through all the trouble of proposing several raiders to be condemned. So for now i'm going to go with attention seeking.

One = Several.

I see.

Yeah, I'm done here. I'm not staying here to get trolled.

Or, and bear with me now, you could make an actual proposal instead of a rant composed of several sentences describing nothing at all.
Last edited by Great Kleomentia on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hue

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 am

Blood Wine wrote:Question:

Hereby Condemns General Halcones of The Black Riders

I'm curious about the "of the black riders" part,is it legal? I recall there being some issue with C/C when going beyond to clause to say "condemns X of Y" or "condemn X and Y"

Mod ruling please?
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 am

File a GHR on this please before it gets to vote....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Sources, numbers, etc are overlooking the blaring flaws here. The issue is that the proposal mentions little else about Halcones other than tag raiding. As cora mentioned, he was in TBH, which the proposal doesn't mention. He was even a defender in the past.
You can throw mud at me saying that im a TBR member all you want, that won't change the fact that this is a poorly written proposal that can have virtually any raider's name slapped onto it with a few minor changes.
Last edited by Aurum Rider on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:13 pm

"I don't really care about the SC much... but I support this. It is high time a brilliant General such as Halcones is properly decorated with the honor he is so deserving. More Riders need such decoration."
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:File a GHR on this please before it gets to vote....

And then get told off again because you need to do it in the thread itself
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:File a GHR on this please before it gets to vote....

And then get told off again because you need to do it in the thread itself

Since when? It is a legality challenge which clearly requires as GHR as we have been told many times.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:54 pm

It's not illegal.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Normlpeople wrote:"I don't really care about the SC much... but I support this. It is high time a brilliant General such as Halcones is properly decorated with the honor he is so deserving. More Riders need such decoration."

Problem generally is that Defender hegemony in The Security Council think: "Do not condemn raiders for what they are good, as this just encourage them continue further what they do and Condemnation is considered as a honor among them."

Exactly!

More interesting it would go if really good Raiders would get enough good Condemnation proposals. NO WAY!

Instead these Halls of Wisdom tinker with Drafts for condemnations of people who has done Nothing that can be compared with Halcones and many other Professional Raiders, whom careers are now exceeding a decade.

Instead. If you're nobody, You can invade few regions or tag 100 others and it requires only minimal effort for those proposals get them approved as a resolutions. Then, novices draft all kind scrap proposals for Elite Raiders and only critique comes from the Raiders.

We Won! Huzzah!
Last edited by Coraxion on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Disgusted that General Halcones has constructed The Black Riders in its image, training the officers of The Black Riders to engage in ruthless and barbaric behavior, who in turn teach these tactics to new nations, permanently corrupting them,

I would argue both of these clauses as 4b violations. How can a nation be an officer? Also the way the last clause is worded, it makes the proposal read like Halc is actually a general in an organization, and not a nation.

GHR filed....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Disgusted that General Halcones has constructed The Black Riders in its image, training the officers of The Black Riders to engage in ruthless and barbaric behavior, who in turn teach these tactics to new nations, permanently corrupting them,

I would argue both of these clauses as 4b violations. How can a nation be an officer? Also the way the last clause is worded, it makes the proposal read like Halc is actually a general in an organization, and not a nation.

GHR filed....

In the same way a nation can be a delegate, or a member of an organization like the World Assembly.

Can we stop pestering the mods for once?
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

GHR filed....

In the same way a nation can be a delegate, or a member of an organization like the World Assembly.

Stop submitting illegal proposals then....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Nephmir wrote:In the same way a nation can be a delegate, or a member of an organization like the World Assembly.

I... I'm not even going to bother.

In fact, from this moment on, I am done posting in these forums.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Further Acknowledging that General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions, executing innocent World Assembly Delegates and forcibly removing natives from their homes,

How do you execute a Nation?
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Sichuan Pepper wrote:
Nephmir wrote:
Further Acknowledging that General Halcones is responsible for leading raids on more than half of these regions, executing innocent World Assembly Delegates and forcibly removing natives from their homes,

How do you execute a Nation?

Good catch Wordy. I missed that one. Thank you for pointing it out. :hug:
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

I... I'm not even going to bother.

In fact, from this moment on, I am done posting in these forums.

Don't be disheartened by the attitude of some of the regulars in this forum. Keep coming back and improving. ;)

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 pm

I don't understand why they are so gung-ho about rule 4 :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:12 am

Chester Pearson wrote:

GHR filed....

Nations can hold positions; that's been established countless times before in SC proposals. The operative clause has what's necessary - it condemns the nominee, with a link to their nation making crystal clear who it is referring to. What comes after is just fluff/filler - the same way authors sometimes summarise their arguments after the operative clause.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives